Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating (56068 Views)

University Of Calabar Lecturer Carries His Student's Baby During Exam / Lecturer Stands On A Table To Invigilate During Exam In A Private University / Cows Storm University Of Jos During Exam Period (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Ecstasy154(m): 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2019
A school in India has apologized after photos emerged of students wearing cardboard boxes on their heads during an exam in bizarre anti-cheating measure.

The stunt, which had been intended to stop the students of Bhagat Pre-University College in Haveri, Karnataka state from copying each other’s work, went viral on social media, after a staff took to Facebook to share pictures of the students during the exam.

The images show the students wearing the carton boxes of sold-out merchandise, that had been cut open on one side, on their heads, as the examiner supervised the hall.

Following the public outrage that trailed the “unorthodox measure”, officials of the school issued an apology, admitting that the school had only implemented the boxes on an “experimental basis” after seeing it being done elsewhere.

“There was no compulsion of any kind. You can see in the photograph that some students were not wearing it. Some who wore it removed it after 15 minutes, some after 20 minutes and we ourselves asked them to remove it after one hour,” MB Satish, the college administrator, told BBC Hindi.

“When I got a message on this, I immediately went to the college and ordered the management to stop the practice,” he was quoted by the Times of India as saying.

“I also issued a notice to the college management and am contemplating disciplinary action against them for implementing this idea.”

Suresh Kumar, the state education minister, also disclosed that the issue would be aptly dealt with as “nobody has any right to treat anybody, more so students, like animals.”

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/students-made-to-wear-boxes-on-their-heads-during-exam-to-prevent-cheating/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Kingpinukecy(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2019
grin grin grin Lwkmd. abeg I like this kind implementation, make dem carry am come naija abeg

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by lilianofentse(f): 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
wow.
Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by PrincessB1(f): 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ah ah!

What the hell is this

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
shocked

It simply shows all what the lecturers have been teaching them is, not to 'think outside the box'.
India is another good example of a glorified shithole.
They try so much to keep abreast with top world countries, but the negative gravities pulling them down are severe.

121 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by rexchazy(m): 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
Who will cheat will still cheat some student have Phd in cheating

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Donald95(m): 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2019
I wonder how my friend Ayo the coconut head from Ya-riba would have passed if this was applied in my school.

He is only good at deceiving girls to sex

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by nazablossom(f): 5:42am On Oct 22, 2019
Think inside the box. Wonderment grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Nnamdi99(m): 5:57am On Oct 22, 2019
Person wey wan cheat go still cheat, in Nigeria we have talented cheaters cheesy grin

22 Likes

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by asgard01(m): 6:32am On Oct 22, 2019
PErfect way for cheating... dnt ask me hw

2 Likes

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by gift01: 6:45am On Oct 22, 2019
just tape your bullets to the cardboard. a sharp student prepares for all scenario

37 Likes

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by PureGoldh(m): 8:02am On Oct 22, 2019
I laugh in Swahili....Oyibo and their funny measures.

Even with the CCTV cameras installed in Jamb centers... 9ja students still dey flenjo inside exam hall.

My people... If yOu are looking for where to buy original unadulterated Pure Honey.. Call or whatsapp 0 8 1 0 166 6771

1 Like

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by dynicks(m): 8:03am On Oct 22, 2019
gift01:
just tape your bullets to the cardboard. a sharp student prepares for all scenario
if only they are aware of how perfect they've prepared our table right before us in the presence of heightened tension...

oloye!!

46 Likes

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Kendumazy(m): 8:03am On Oct 22, 2019
Lol. Indians are smart people too. If this method works there, then it will work in Nigeria schools too. The only limitation in Nigeria schools for this method is that, there are always much students in Nigeria examination halls and as such, students will cheat. Only suitable for few numbers of students in an examination hall.

3 Likes

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by DameB(f): 8:03am On Oct 22, 2019
cheesy grin Lwkmd
Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Oluwatosean(m): 8:03am On Oct 22, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by FactBoyz: 8:03am On Oct 22, 2019
grin
Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by PheelzAlmighty: 8:04am On Oct 22, 2019
That's the spirit grin
Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by DameB(f): 8:04am On Oct 22, 2019
gift01:

What if you get there and they say swap your cartons?

5 Likes

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by PureGoldh(m): 8:04am On Oct 22, 2019
Kingpinukecy:
grin grin grin Lwkmd. abeg I like this kind implementation, make dem carry am come naija abeg

9ja students will surely bounce it back grin
Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 22, 2019
Trash
Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Kingjags: 8:05am On Oct 22, 2019
Think outside the box....in real life grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by PheelzAlmighty: 8:06am On Oct 22, 2019
It's called a fight against exam malpractice grin
PrincessB1:
Ah ah!

What the hell is this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by RenHub: 8:06am On Oct 22, 2019
Extreme measures. This is not cool atall.

Call for our 500w mobile power bank with 250AH inbuilt lithium ion battery for your TV, sound system, PCs and light for up to 12 hours uptime

1 Like

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by simonfynboi(m): 8:07am On Oct 22, 2019
Lol.... Bring dis method in Nigeria n we go de use d box hide expo...ask dem for hia...
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by fergie001: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2019
Kingpinukecy:
See you, Nigerians go bore microscopic holes for the boxes sef.

OR sef...
Still gum the expo inside the boxes.

1 Like

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Kol007(m): 8:07am On Oct 22, 2019
Nigerian school should try these...lol

1 Like

Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by Danelo(m): 8:07am On Oct 22, 2019
Crazy I must tell u, really really crazy
Re: Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating by namiji2598: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2019
INDIA and NIGERIA which is more of a shithole
like for Nigeria
share for india

3 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Most Influential Books Of All Time / Best Primary Schools In Lagos / He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.