Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious (12595 Views)

Court Judgement A Nullity, Unenforceable: APC Reacts To Ganduje's Suspension / Exchange Between Ilemona Onoja And Tokunbo Wahab / Hillard Eta: My Expulsion From APC Is A Nullity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by ibibiofirstlady(f): 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
October 21, 2019

Press Statement

Kogi: Onoja’s Inauguration a Nullity, Atrocious - PDP
…Urges CJN To Impose Sanctions

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) dismisses the inauguration of a shadow deputy governor in Kogi state as a complete nullity, which has no place under our laws.

The party describes as scandalous to our judicial system, that the Chief Judge of Kogi state, Justice Nasir Ajana, whose panel acquitted the state deputy governor, Elder Simon Achuba, of any misconduct, suddenly flipped to conform with an odious plot by desperate Governor Yahaya Bello to forcefully remove the deputy governor.

The action of the Kogi Chief Judge has heavily jeopardized the integrity of the judiciary and capable of bringing the institution to public disrepute if not immediately checked.

Our party insists that the Chief Judge of Kogi state, in staging an illegal inauguration of Edward Onoja, as a deputy governor, while the office has not become constitutionally vacant, amounts to gross misconduct, which cannot be accommodated under our laws.

The PDP alerts that this is a clear demonstration of the reprehensible and sacrilegious design by Governor Yahaya Bello to entangle, drag down and corrupt the institution of the judiciary, cause a constitutional crisis, trigger mayhem and derail the smooth conduct of the November 16 governorship election in the state.

This is because there is no way there can be two deputy governors in the same state, more so as the people of Kogi state had already registered their anger and resentment against this illegality in the public space.

The party therefore calls on the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Mohammed Tanko, to take immediate steps to save Kogi State from a plunge into anarchy and chaos.

Nigeria is a nation governed by law and nobody must be allowed to set aside our constitution and corrupt our democratic order for his or her selfish and repressive agenda.

Signed:

Kola Ologbondiyan
National Publicity Secretary

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by danot1030: 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2019
PDP just need to yan something, what a daft opposition party.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Trustme2(m): 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2019
K
Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by PureGoldh(m): 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
PDP should let us hear wOrd abegi.

Kogi state people will decide come November 16.

I wish them all the Best.

In addition to that.. if you need Original Pure Honey.. Call or whatsapp 0 8101 66 677 1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Jestin: 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
Kogi and their dirty politics

1 Like

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
The clear daylight robbery of Ekiti, Osun and Kanu State on my Mind undecided

4 Likes

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Kaytixy: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
nonsense of a governor

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by RichDad1(m): 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
They should challenge it in court and stop foaming in the mount.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Beverlyjean(f): 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
danot1030:

Daft for speaking the truth... I pity u and ur generation for not having common sense

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by sureheaven(m): 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2019
Wetin concern PDP with APC matter.

They won't focus on their campaign now before they start shouting rigging, democracy is under threat, democracy is dead bla bla bla.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by dust144(m): 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
Just passing

1 Like

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Nwaohafia1: 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
PDP would have done worse if the reverse was the case

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
Cry baby of an evil party that destroyed our darling nation for 16 years.

PDP in Nigeria again?!

GOD FORBID BAD THING!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by kudinkarfe: 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
I pity Kogi people.
Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Timinho23: 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
What Nigerians lack is leadership at the bottom feed( the most important form of leadership)

This is preposterous, dangerous, and highlights everything APC is..

What is even more shameful is APC asslickers on this forum keeping quiet or attempting to justify this.

I understand supporting a party is healthy competition but when some remote-controlled fools don't know when to backpedal, we can safely say Nigeria can never improve

3 Likes

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Princerichi0(m): 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
PDP APC, can't tell the difference. I just fucking tired of the country

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
Nwaohafia1:
PDP would have done worse if the reverse was the case
Truer words have never been spoken.

danot1030:
A very daft looting opposition party at that!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by danot1030: 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Daft for speaking the truth... I pity u and ur generation for not having common sense

See this this smelly thing o.

Na me you wan take learn open eye?

I forgive you, next time i will hit hard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Yahami(m): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
As for kogi state you can't go against the will of bello and if you there do so, unrecognized military will visit you at your residents at night.
Only God can salvage kogi from the pharaoh of kogi state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by VivyZub(f): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
Affordable children educational android tablets. Please go through my thread for pictures, functions and specifications and please check my signature for contact
Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2019
danot1030:

See this this smelly thing o.

Na me you wan take learn open eye?

I forgive you, next time i will hit hard.
Abeg pity am.
Wailing is part of their daily activities.
They cannot live a day without wailing, they will be ill! wink

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by horlabiyi(m): 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2019
Do your assignment very well. They APC are planning to rig but then again May the best rigger win [img][/img]
Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Biritiko: 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2019
Lmao
Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by Ategberoson(m): 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2019
post=83343248:
Cry baby of an evil party

does that means you support injustice?

it might not be the business of PDP that APC man was illegally sacked but it's the business of PDP when judiciary that was established to oversee the duties and activities of the other two arms of govt is been compromised

this shows your party loyalty can easily overshadowed a common sense and voice of justice

6 Likes

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ategberoson:

does that means you support injustice?
it means we don't like the evil, looting party that put all you wailers in whatever you went through for wasted 16 years of your life.

Sane Nigerians can never forget all the atrocities commited by your party in this nation.
It could have been worse had they won the presidential election back in 2015.

Thank God PMB is rebuilding the destroyed foundation.

Again, it could have been worse!
Amoto111:
This is family issues, PDP should reserve their cry till 16th Nevember
Gbam!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by sapientia(m): 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
If you think this is APC affair.

You are a NL Zone B like their general above me.

This is a clear violation of our constitution.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by ursullalinda(f): 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
Are we really practising democracy? Seems we are going miles behind

1 Like

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by PNomsule: 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
How matter come concern PDP?

1 Like

Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
useless state of a state with useless leaders
Re: Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious by duwdu: 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2019
There was nothing - and there's still nothing - in law that says the former Deputy Governor was not constitutionally removed. So, the PDP is just blowing hot air. You don't base your judgement on a panel report you can't even vouch for and you're not even a court of law, for Pete's sake.

The only thing that could have stopped the inauguration of the new Deputy Governor, would have been a valid court order served on the Oath-administering Judge/entity and saying the former DG was not constitutionally removed.

The Chief Judge had no choice on this occasion but to swear in the new DG..

P34c3

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano: Stop Playing Victim Mentality, No Sympathy Votes In 2023 - NNPP Tells APC / Total Commences $15bn Egina Project / Muma Gee Abandons PDP, Decamps To Labour Party, Wins Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.