Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:42 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (326109 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by idmicheal20: 4:28pm On May 11, 2022
Qp
temiyato:

U will only use ggogle spreedsheet for the whole period. Why shud dey advertise microsoft when they have theirs. U can dump it after ur study or believe its a new skill. I dumped mine after the study. Too many things to study, google sheet no be one of them now. U will need to practice extensively . take ur time with the course. Learn sql, r programming , tableau on ur own too. Search the web for tutorials. U can also buy resources from udemy to complement the study. U can reach me if u need any assistance.Did u register for the yearly programm or monthly

I got the course through an application for financial aid.

Yes, I'm already learning sql from Maven analytics on udemy but the advance sql is kind of confusing angry

What do you think about the lectures on r and SQL from Google analytics?

Thanks very much, I will always reach out to you in case if I jam wetin pass me grin
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by VicUkegbu(m): 11:49am On May 12, 2022
idmicheal20:
Qp

I got the course through an application for financial aid.

Yes, I'm already learning sql from Maven analytics on udemy but the advance sql is kind of confusing angry

What do you think about the lectures on r and SQL from Google analytics?

Thanks very much, I will always reach out to you in case if I jam wetin pass me grin
I would love to enroll for this Google analytics course
How can I apply for the financial aid just like you did?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by VicUkegbu(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2022
praizt:
Yea...I don't know if I'm allowed to post the sites I used to get my materials. If you have a way I can send the sites to you privately, and you have mb to download, I can help.

I need it it
Can you send to me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by praizt: 12:03pm On May 12, 2022
[Okay. How do I send it though? Drop your email and I'll send the site to you. Hope that is cool quote with you?quote author=VicUkegbu post=112757007]

I need it it
Can you send to me?[/quote]
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by VicUkegbu(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2022
praizt:
[Okay. How do I send it though? Drop your email and I'll send the site to you. Hope that is cool quote with you?quote author=VicUkegbu post=112757007]

I need it it
Can you send to me?
Yes
Vicukegbu@gmail.com

Thanks alot
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by idmicheal20: 3:16pm On May 12, 2022
VicUkegbu:

I would love to enroll for this Google analytics course
How can I apply for the financial aid just like you did?

Go to Coursera

Search for Google data analytics

Scroll down you will see a place where financial aid is written.

Click on it and answer the questions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by cochtrane(m): 5:14pm On May 12, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
Pls can i have your whatsapp number?
i really need your services
Send me a PM
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Emmyxclusive: 7:40pm On May 12, 2022
idmicheal20:

Go to Coursera

Search for Google data analytics

Scroll down you will see a place where financial aid is written.

Click on it and answer the questions.
it seems like u can only apply for aid for just one topic out of the 10 under the Google analytics course. Kindly share in details how u got the aid
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by arantess: 9:33pm On May 12, 2022
Emmyxclusive:
it seems like u can only apply for aid for just one topic out of the 10 under the Google analytics course. Kindly share in details how u got the aid
You apply for each of the 8 courses(8 applications)
But you can audit it for free and at the end of the course you pay for certificate

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Marveaux(m): 10:56pm On May 12, 2022
arantess:

You apply for each of the 8 courses(8 applications)
But you can audit it for free and at the end of the course you pay for certificate
How much does the certificate cost?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mbachidi: 7:52am On May 13, 2022
Did u get any response to this request?
Hotice007:
Any whatsapp group for aspiring data Analyst/scientist? I will love to be added if any is available
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by arantess: 8:27am On May 13, 2022
Marveaux:

How much does the certificate cost?
39$/ month
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Marveaux(m): 8:40am On May 13, 2022
arantess:

39$/ month
You made mention of being able to audit the course and then pay for only the certificate at the end, I was asking how much will it cost if one takes that route instead of enrolling for the course in the normal way. Thanks.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hotice007: 10:00am On May 13, 2022
mbachidi:
Did u get any response to this request?
No o
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by temiyato(m): 1:57pm On May 13, 2022
https://discord./YvGE4emvRx

Aspiring data analyst can join this discord group. Kindly join the discord group.

This is my first R programming EDA project . i have completed other courses on coursera to support the google data analystic certificate i did.

https://github.com/Temiyato/R-programming/blob/main/temi.md

The dataset was gotten from https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/Seoul+Bike+Sharing+Demand. U can also get dataset from Kaggle for practice. I chose R over python because i want to be a data scientist . R is seriously easy to learn especially when u work with tidyverse.
I have done other projects in sql , tableau and excel.
When u join the group , u will meet others that have done better projects and others that their projects are near completion. I think am the only one using R in the group..i think ni o...python users plenty die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by T4kbaba(m): 6:00pm On May 13, 2022
You will learn how to solve some problems in MYSQL in this video. In case you have interview soon or prepare to walk into data analytics path, this video is for you.
Please endeavor to like and subscribe to this YouTube channel if you have not.
You can also ask questions in the comments section if you have any.
"Data can talk, if you understand its language''
Ibraheem Babatunde
Data Analytics Guru.
Thanks and God bless you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDPo4TDrc9Y
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Fr4nk(m): 11:51pm On May 13, 2022
Damn, I'm 3 years too late, this thread is awesome, but it's just too big to read all 126 pages sad
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by wizzynuru: 12:02am On May 14, 2022
Fr4nk:
Damn, I'm 3 years too late, this thread is awesome, but it's just too big to read all 126 pages sad

Best time to plant a tree was three years ago (3yrs), the second best time is NOW

7 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Fr4nk(m): 12:18am On May 14, 2022
prior to now I was able to answer python questions from beginners on stackoverflow, it was cool and I mainly did it as a hobby, I started learning python since 2019 - 2020 (completely on my own, I was 15 then and everyone thought i was a jobless fool) though lack of consistency has always been a problem for me (I'm still stuck at intermediate level python, I can solve 89% of codewars kata that i attempt and I am pretty sure I can solve most beginner issues), I'll be more consistent from now on, before discovering this thread I was pretty lost at what I actually wanted to do with python, I was more like "learn the language first, figure out your specialization later", Now that I have a clear picture of data science and data analytics thanks to this thread and a few other articles I feel like this is what I really want to do.

I have one question though, is starting young an extra advantage (I'm 17 now and I hope to have achieved python mastery before I turn 18, so I can invest more time in studying more computer theory, advanced math, DSA, and more Data Science, ML/AI related stuff), am i on the right path, or is there something I need to correct.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 8:00am On May 14, 2022
Bro,we are age mates with the same motive although i started python this year.
[quote author=Fr4nk post=112810166]prior to now I was able to answer python questions from beginners on stackoverflow, it was cool and I mainly did it as a hobby, I started learning python since 2019 - 2020 (completely on my own, I was 15 then and everyone thought i was a jobless fool) though lack of consistency has always been a problem for me (I'm still stuck at intermediate level python, I can solve 89% of codewars kata that i attempt and I am pretty sure I can solve most beginner issues), I'll be more consistent from now on, before discovering this thread I was pretty lost at what I actually wanted to do with python, I was more like "learn the language first, figure out your specialization later", Now that I have a clear picture of data science and data analytics thanks to this thread and a few other articles I feel like this is what I really want to do.

I have one question though, is starting young an extra advantage
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by zionema(m): 3:53pm On May 14, 2022
[quote author=praizt post=112757342][Okay. How do I send it though? Drop your email and I'll send the site to you. Hope that is cool quote with you?quote author=VicUkegbu post=11275700
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by praizt: 6:55pm On May 14, 2022
[Sent quote author=VicUkegbu post=112758790]
Yes
Vicukegbu@gmail.com

Thanks alot[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by praizt: 6:56pm On May 14, 2022
Sent [quote author=zionema post=112827925][/quote]
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hybkay(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2022
I just saw this somewhere and decided to share here

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by avalon7(m): 8:05am On May 16, 2022
Fr4nk:
prior to now I was able to answer python questions from beginners on stackoverflow, it was cool and I mainly did it as a hobby, I started learning python since 2019 - 2020 (completely on my own, I was 15 then and everyone thought i was a jobless fool) though lack of consistency has always been a problem for me (I'm still stuck at intermediate level python, I can solve 89% of codewars kata that i attempt and I am pretty sure I can solve most beginner issues), I'll be more consistent from now on, before discovering this thread I was pretty lost at what I actually wanted to do with python, I was more like "learn the language first, figure out your specialization later", Now that I have a clear picture of data science and data analytics thanks to this thread and a few other articles I feel like this is what I really want to do.

I have one question though, is starting young an extra advantage (I'm 17 now and I hope to have achieved python mastery before I turn 18, so I can invest more time in studying more computer theory, advanced math, DSA, and more Data Science, ML/AI related stuff), am i on the right path, or is there something I need to correct.

Starting young is definitely an advantage. Are you in college already? If you aren't then you can pick a related course like computer science or maths/statistics. Nigerian universities will probably not teach you most of what you need to get a job so you should do a lot of self learning while studying. Just be sure that data science is what you'd like to do.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Fr4nk(m): 9:41am On May 16, 2022
avalon7:

Starting young is definitely an advantage. Are you in college already? If you aren't then you can pick a related course like computer science or maths/statistics. Nigerian universities will probably not teach you most of what you need to get a job so you should do a lot of self learning while studying. Just be sure that data science is what you'd like to do.

Data science or Artificial Intelillgence
I might be leaning more to the Artificial Intelligence part tho,
I'm hoping to study CS at unilorin (since I bleeped up my WASSCE and NECO by not writing further maths), I'm not going to rely on the university to teach me everything, I can definitely learn a few important stuff on my own.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 16, 2022
Fr4nk:

Data science or Artificial Intelillgence
I might be leaning more to the Artificial Intelligence part tho,
I'm hoping to study CS at unilorin (since I bleeped up my WASSCE and NECO by not writing further maths), I'm not going to rely on the university to teach me everything, I can definitely learn a few important stuff on my own.
na only God go help u20 coders like us.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Omotaday(m): 2:23am On May 17, 2022
temiyato:
https://discord./YvGE4emvRx

Aspiring data analyst can join this discord group. Kindly join the discord group.

This is my first R programming EDA project . i have completed other courses on coursera to support the google data analystic certificate i did.

https://github.com/Temiyato/R-programming/blob/main/temi.md

The dataset was gotten from https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/Seoul+Bike+Sharing+Demand. U can also get dataset from Kaggle for practice. I chose R over python because i want to be a data scientist . R is seriously easy to learn especially when u work with tidyverse.
I have done other projects in sql , tableau and excel.
When u join the group , u will meet others that have done better projects and others that their projects are near completion. I think am the only one using R in the group..i think ni o...python users plenty die.
Nice one bro. I followed your discord link. Still learning here. Been very slow, but moving. Can we rub minds once in a while, you mind If I send a pm?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by temiyato(m): 8:24pm On May 17, 2022
Omotaday:
Nice one bro. I followed your discord link. Still learning here. Been very slow, but moving. Can we rub minds once in a while, you mind If I send a pm?

No probs sir. Am ready to help if need arises. Whatsapp messages only sir
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by obilokechukwu(m): 2:08pm On May 18, 2022
Kooldon:
Good afternoon please can you send ebook to my mail? obongemem03@gmail.com Thank you
i need ebook too. Prophateobinna@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by obilokechukwu(m): 5:21pm On May 18, 2022
Tallestboi:
Bro if it's not too much stress can you send this ebook to my email address? Would really appreciate it. Thanks.
pls send ebook to my gmail: prophateobinna@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by obilokechukwu(m): 5:34pm On May 18, 2022
Ejiod:
Evening to everyone on this page.
It's been 2 years since this thread was created.
Much love to everyone here.

Best.
help me with alot ebook on frandend and backend web dev and data anly and data science.to my email:prophateobinna@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.