Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (329993 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Jagabanbaby: 3:35pm On May 29, 2020
Hi, please I was wondering if you could create a Google drive link so others who are not resident in the country or Lagos can have access to it. Thank you.

mcemmy0z:
If you reside around songo Ota I have these available
*Udemy - Beginner to Pro in Excel Financial Modeling and Valuation
*Udemy - SQL - MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
*Tableau 10 A-Z Hands-On Tableau Training For Data Science!
*Tableau Hands-on Learn Data Visualization with Tableau
*Udemy - Power BI A-Z Hands-On Power BI Training For Data Science
*Udemy - Machine Learning A-Z™ Hands-On Python & R In Data Science
*Udemy - Python for Financial Analysis and Algorithmic Trading

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Sylverkachi: 9:46pm On May 29, 2020
Good evening house.

Pls I need help on how to upgrade my windows 8 to 8.1 or more.
I tried downloading mysql, but I encountered some problems like vcruntime140.dll.....
I googled in order to look for the solution, I discovered that I have to install visual studio......

Then on the process of installing the visual studio 2019, I was told to upgrade to Windows 8.1.

Please anybody that knows it should pls help me out with the steps/procedures.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Samzeal(m): 10:07pm On May 29, 2020
Abcruz:

If your familiar with it, try your hands on analyzing data with excel you can make use of the covid-19 dataset that was posted few pages back.
Thank you . where can some one get dataset that would be useful
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Abcruz(m): 10:29pm On May 29, 2020
Samzeal:

Thank you . where can some one get dataset that would be useful

Go over to kaggle(dot)com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by brashear: 11:24pm On May 29, 2020
Sylverkachi:
Good evening house.

Pls I need help on how to upgrade my windows 8 to 8.1 or more.
I tried downloading mysql, but I encountered some problems like vcruntime140.dll.....
I googled in order to look for the solution, I discovered that I have to install visual studio......

Then on the process of installing the visual studio 2019, I was told to upgrade to Windows 8.1.

Please anybody that knows it should pls help me out with the steps/procedures.

YouTube bro. YouTube.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by shiffynaani(m): 2:25pm On May 30, 2020
wisdomremz:

quote me with your email, i will send the pdf
pls sir I need the PDF too. shefiu1995@gmail.com
thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mbhs139(m): 3:16pm On May 30, 2020
I encourage you guys to check out this site for lots and lots of data.

https://catalog.data.gov/dataset

I have followed this thread from page one to the last, and this is my first time of commenting.

I live in Canada, and after coming across this thread, I had to buy a new laptop and monitor and start my data science course online, even though I have a background in Maths/Statistics from Unilag.

However, I'm of the view that it is not entirely correct to say you don't need the knowledge of statistics as some people have made us believe to become a data scientist. I suggest we take courses in basic Statistics, Bayesian Theory in particular

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 3:31pm On May 30, 2020
High Guys,

I believe this will be useful as you try to understand the data science industry.

I could not upload the full image at once

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 3:32pm On May 30, 2020
Add this under the first one

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 3:33pm On May 30, 2020
And this is the last part

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 3:38pm On May 30, 2020
Let se how this comes out

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 9:39pm On May 30, 2020
mbhs139:

I have followed this thread from page one to the last, and this is my first time of commenting.

I live in Canada, and after coming across this thread, I had to buy a new laptop and monitor and start my data science course online, even though I have a background in Maths/Statistics from Unilag.

However, I'm of the view that it is not entirely correct to say you don't need the knowledge of statistics as some people have made us believe to become a data scientist. I suggest we take courses in basic Statistics, Bayesian Theory in particular

Lord of host, what kind of MACHINE are you having on that desk!!!? I don’t think I’ve seen something similar to that before.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 9:47pm On May 30, 2020
mbhs139:

If you have links to those courses pls do not hesitate share.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by brashear: 11:15pm On May 30, 2020
mbhs139:

10hrs. I no go comot this table.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by hmmmm2015(m): 3:17am On May 31, 2020
mcemmy0z:

How can I get this please.....I can come toSango ota.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hardheolar(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2020
Great to join this family. I am a junior data scientist undergoing internship. I stumbled on a library "pandas profiling" while going through the pages, but when I tried to use it, it kept throwing errors which are new to me and stack is not helping.

RemoteTracebackTraceback (most recent call last)
RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\multiprocessing\pool.py", line 121, in worker
result = (True, func(*args, **kwds))
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\multiprocessing\pool.py", line 44, in mapstar
return list(map(*args))
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas_profiling\describe.py", line 282, in multiprocess_func
return x[0], describe_1d(x[1], **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas_profiling\describe.py", line 270, in describe_1d
result = result.append(describe_numeric_1d(data, **kwargs))
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas_profiling\describe.py", line 54, in describe_numeric_1d
stats['histogram'] = histogram(series, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas_profiling\plot.py", line 73, in histogram
plot = _plot_histogram(series, **kwargs)
TypeError: _plot_histogram() got an unexpected keyword argument 'title'
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

TypeErrorTraceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-6-35d7a685dc27> in <module>
----> 1 profile = ProfileReport(df, title='Interest rate classification',html={ 'style': {"fullwidth":True}}) # explorative=True)

~\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas_profiling\__init__.py in __init__(self, df, **kwargs)
64 sample = kwargs.get('sample', df.head())

I had to cut it short.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jiggyniga: 1:58pm On May 31, 2020
Hardheolar:
Great to join this family. I am a junior data scientist undergoing internship. I stumbled on a library "pandas profiling" while going through the pages, but when I tried to use it, it kept throwing errors which are new to me and stack is not helping.

RemoteTracebackTraceback (most recent call last)
RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\multiprocessing\pool.py", line 121, in worker
result = (True, func(*args, **kwds))
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\multiprocessing\pool.py", line 44, in mapstar
return list(map(*args))
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas_profiling\describe.py", line 282, in multiprocess_func
return x[0], describe_1d(x[1], **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas_profiling\describe.py", line 270, in describe_1d
result = result.append(describe_numeric_1d(data, **kwargs))
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas_profiling\describe.py", line 54, in describe_numeric_1d
stats['histogram'] = histogram(series, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Admin\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas_profiling\plot.py", line 73, in histogram
plot = _plot_histogram(series, **kwargs)
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

TypeErrorTraceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-6-35d7a685dc27> in <module>
----> 1 profile = ProfileReport(df, title='Interest rate classification',html={ 'style': {"fullwidth":True}}) # explorative=True)

~\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas_profiling\__init__.py in __init__(self, df, **kwargs)
64 sample = kwargs.get('sample', df.head())

I had to cut it short.
I think you should first install the pandas-profiling module on your IDE
then you can generate the report using it
You can install it if you are using anaconda with "conda install -c conda-forge pandas-profiling"
import it into your IDE
then generate the report using "profile = ProfileReport(df, title="title name" ) "

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jiggyniga: 3:11pm On May 31, 2020
jiggyniga:

You can install it if you are using anaconda with "conda install -c conda-forge pandas-profiling"
import it into your IDE
then generate the report using "profile = ProfileReport(df, title="title name" ) "

And if all of these fail its probably because of your pandas version which should be 1.0
Try using pandas 0.25 it would work
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mbhs139(m): 5:00pm On May 31, 2020
Toppytek:

Lord of host, what kind of MACHINE are you having on that desk!!!? I don’t think I’ve seen something similar to that before.

wink wink wink smiley

There's no much to it bro. Just get a HDMI or VGA cable and connect your monitor to the laptop, and do some settings in the views settings. There are lots of YouTube videos to help.

The machine is an Asus Vivobook S15, with a touchscreen trackpad. I think Asus is the first to have that on their Machine. You can check the review on YouTube.

Having a second screen makes studying easy for you. You open your YouTube video on one screen and follow the examples, hands-on, on the other machine. You may also open your text book same way.

There's no issue of data here. I have 20GB on my mobile plan, same as my wife, for 200CAD every month, including two iPhone XR; and an unlimited data for the home plan, which comes with my rent. Home internet is like having electrical power in the apartment. It comes with your rent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hardheolar(m): 6:17pm On May 31, 2020
jiggyniga:

import it into your IDE

I did that before getting this error. Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Hardheolar(m): 6:22pm On May 31, 2020
mcemmy0z:
I stay around joju, how can we link up
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 6:31pm On May 31, 2020
Hardheolar:

I stay around joju, how can we link up
Pm Me
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mcemmy0z: 9:30pm On May 31, 2020
hmmmm2015:

How can I get this please.....I can come toSango ota.
Pm me
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by mbhs139(m): 12:05am On Jun 01, 2020
Toppytek:
[/b]
If you have links to those courses pls do not hesitate share.

Yes, they are there on Youtube bro. Just search any of the courses on Youtube and you'll get it. My fear for you guys is data. I have courses that are as lomg as 13hours to 15 hours, books nko? But the problem I fear from your end is Data

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by deeteeneey(f): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2020
please what is the minimum specification a laptop should have for adequate function. I'm about to invest in one, nothing expensive though. I'm just a beginner.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Singingbae(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
wisdomremz:

quote me with your email, i will send the pdf

Good morning, please if you’ll see this, regarding the link to the python pdf, please I’m interested, my mail is paulxhibit77@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
deeteeneey:
please what is the minimum specification a laptop should have for adequate function. I'm about to invest in one, nothing expensive though. I'm just a beginner.

For a starter you don’t need much just that some softwares (e.g Power Bi) are RAM consuming, a 4GB RAM machine isn’t bad, plus a processor speed of at least 2.2GHz.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
mbhs139:

Yes, they are there on Youtube bro. Just search any of the courses on Youtube and you'll get it. My fear for you guys is data. I have courses that are as lomg as 13hours to 15 hours, books nko? But the problem I fear from your end is Data
You’re right about the Data thingy, well we go dey rugged am.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
mbhs139:

wink wink wink smiley

There's no much to it bro. Just get a HDMI or VGA cable and connect your monitor to the laptop, and do some settings in the views settings. There are lots of YouTube videos to help.

The machine is an Asus Vivobook S15, with a touchscreen trackpad. I think Asus is the first to have that on their Machine. You can check the review on YouTube.

Having a second screen makes studying easy for you. You open your YouTube video on one screen and follow the examples, hands-on, on the other machine. You may also open your text book same way.

There's no issue of data here. I have 20GB on my mobile plan, same as my wife, for 200CAD every month, including two iPhone XR; and an unlimited data for the home plan, which comes with my rent. Home internet is like having electrical power in the apartment. It comes with your rent.

I am sure you’re enjoying what you’re paying especially the Internet speed, our network for here no dey see small rain oo.

For the Machine I’ll check the review on YouTube, thou I prefer DELL, MacBook, and HP, and non-touchscreen Machines with backlight keyboard.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Boxers01(m): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
Jagabanbaby:
Hi, please I was wondering if you could create a Google drive link so others who are not resident in the country or Lagos can have access to it. Thank you.

I've got a Google drive link for some of the courses
You can send a DM though it's not free

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Boxers01(m): 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
NEW COURSE ALERT!!!

Tableau 2020 A-Z:Hands-On Tableau Training For Data Science! &
Machine Learning A-Z™: Hands-On Python & R In Data Science

So I'll be giving this Tableau course as a bonus to everyone who buys any data science course from me this week.
Remember the paid courses are 1k.
Check my signature for details on how to reach me

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.