Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,909 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (329165 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by dauddy97(m): 7:27am On Jun 24, 2020
Akinz75:
Hello house, pls I want to know which text editor is more preferable, pycharm or jupyter?
it depends. if it's for data science, Jupyter all the way and if it's for web, pycharm.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MachineLearning: 9:41am On Jun 24, 2020
Please I need projects on pandas DataFrame and series.... I have already learnt them but I need any suggestions on a good project to help me practice them
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Zabiboy: 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
MachineLearning:
Please I need projects on pandas DataFrame and series.... I have already learnt them but I need any suggestions on a good project to help me practice them

Check w3 resource . com or you can as well just get data from kaggle and do ur cleaning, analysis and all...
But i strongly advice you Learn matplotlib, numpy and seaborn cz it's more fun doing all four together ( pandas, matplotlib, numpy and seaborn) in anlysis with jupyter notebook....
GL cool

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by lymelyte(m): 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
KingBunmi:

I'm not an expert here, still learning but I know machine learning and data science would solve problems in almost any sector in Nigeria, ranging from Health(Determining best health practices), transportation and what have you. The major problem Nigeria is having with regards to data science is mainly data collection.
Most sectors in Nigeria are not collecting enough data or they do so in papers. Now imagine what stress one would have to go through to compile those data into computer. And that's if they can keep these files adequately. Often time we have cases of missing file data of people in different sectors. I attended a webinar of recent where this data science 'practitioner' was to analyze some data to create insight to those who'd be needing some sort of training in a Nigerian Ministry. He mentioned how lack of readable or a my data at all was a major setback. So I think this data collection is just the major problem in Nigeria as regards data science.
very true.. I think this problem was part of the reason the US ban nigerians from immigrant visa.. Lack of data,No database..

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MachineLearning: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
Zabiboy:

Check w3 resource . com or you can as well just get data from kaggle and do ur cleaning, analysis and all...
But i strongly advice you Learn matplotlib, numpy and seaborn cz it's more fun doing all four together ( pandas, matplotlib, numpy and seaborn) in anlysis with jupyter notebook....
GL cool

Thank you
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Akinz75(m): 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
dauddy97:

it depends. if it's for data science, Jupyter all the way and if it's for web, pycharm.
Thanks bro
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by icjunior(m): 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
I really want to learn data analysis using Excel and powerBi please.
I'm open to any suggestions,thank you.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ehix89(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hello bright minds, please who can refer me to a very good resource for sharpening my excel skills. It could be youtube video or pdf files i don't mind. Proven and tested please

If you'ld wish to share one you have i will be super grateful as well.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by DrinkWater10: 11:09pm On Jun 24, 2020
Guys Anaconda Vs Jupyter which should I go with?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by dauddy97(m): 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2020
DrinkWater10:
Guys Anaconda Vs Jupyter which should I go with?
Download Anaconda, it comes with Jupyter notebook.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by DrinkWater10: 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by rerhji(m): 8:16am On Jun 25, 2020
hello guys, I ve been trying to install some modules through my anaconda terminal, I kept on getting HTTP[0000] error. I ve tried several solutions on github and stackflows but none works for me. Recently I tried installing ntlk from jupyter interface, the error was machine refused it or something like that. Now, I switched to pycharm and I'm still getting errors trying to install modules. pls can anyone help
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MachineLearning: 10:50am On Jun 25, 2020
rerhji:
hello guys, I ve been trying to install some modules through my anaconda terminal, I kept on getting HTTP[0000] error. I ve tried several solutions on github and stackflows but none works for me. Recently I tried installing ntlk from jupyter interface, the error was machine refused it or something like that. Now, I switched to pycharm and I'm still getting errors trying to install modules. pls can anyone help

Pycham is tie easiest to do such installation.... Just try to import the library module you want to install on Pycham.....If the module is not already installed you will see iv marked out and "install" will be displayed... Just click it and it will start installing... Just makes sure your system is connected to the internet while you are doing this
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 7:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hello All,

Is anyone taking the Edx course Probability and Statistics in Data science using Python and Python for Data Science course?

Maybe we can connect to share ideas

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:19pm On Jun 25, 2020
Please In need help go Tableau

The left hand side is showing "Tables" instead of "Dimension" and "measures"..... NORMALLY this is supposed to be automatic by I don't know why it's showing tables
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Zabiboy: 11:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:
Please In need help go Tableau

The left hand side is showing "Tables" instead of "Dimension" and "measures"..... NORMALLY this is supposed to be automatic by I don't know why it's showing tables

A screenshot would be better sad
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by MachineLearning: 12:17am On Jun 26, 2020
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by kunleiky(m): 2:02am On Jun 26, 2020
ehix89:
Hello bright minds, please who can refer me to a very good resource for sharpening my excel skills. It could be youtube video or pdf files i don't mind. Proven and tested please

If you'ld wish to share one you have i will be super grateful as well.
Get Excel Data Analysis and Business Modelling by Wayne L. Winston.

5 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 7:56am On Jun 26, 2020
Hi guys, I'm about moving to data science libraries.. Which one is better to start with?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ehix89(m): 8:28am On Jun 26, 2020
kunleiky:

Get Excel Data Analysis and Business Modelling by Wayne L. Winston.
thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by saheedniyi22(m): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2020
BoleAndFish:
Hi guys, I'm about moving to data science libraries.. Which one is better to start with?
Numpy -->Pandas-->Matplotlib and all other things can be added
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
saheedniyi22:

Numpy -->Pandas-->Matplotlib and all other things can be added
Thanks.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BoleAndFish: 2:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
I installed anaconda on my system and tried to verify the installation through command prompt (recommends in a book) but it's not showing anaconda in command prompt. Though I can see anaconda in my control panel.

Picture 1: command prompt output if anaconda is installed correctly

Picture 2: Output from my command prompt
(obviously different)

Picture 3: my control panel

What am I not doing right?

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by TMwise1942: 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Please can someone learn programing while going to school, and won't be distract answer is needing please � thanks in advance

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SOLARPOWER1(f): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
TMwise1942:
Please can someone learn programing while going to school, and won't be distract answer is needing please � thanks in advance

That is the best environment to learn programming.....And don't do it alone, sell the vision to another serious friend .......Both of would start motivating each other ....Don't focus all your life on that degree you are pursuing o...the labour market out here is not friendly towards graduates without skills...Even if worst case scenario, you graduate with 2.2 plus strong programming skill, I bet you even first class guys without skills will not smell the kind of jobs you will be going for... Take this from a guy who had above 4.0 cgpa in school....it's not worth it without a skill especially in the IT area

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Toppytek(m): 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

That is the best environment to learn programming.....And don't do it alone, sell the vision to another serious friend .......Both of would start motivating each other ....Don't focus all your life on that degree you are pursuing o...the labour market out here is not friendly towards graduates without skills...Even if worst case scenario, you graduate with 2.2 plus strong programming skill, I bet you even first class guys without skills will not smell the kind of jobs you will be going for... Take this from a guy who had above 4.0 cgpa in school....it's not worth it without a skill especially in the IT area

To any undergraduate out there, this is from me to you.

I’d have gone far in tech had it been I have a system back then in school but there’s limit to what one can do on phone without a system. Got a system about a month ago and I’ve learnt some data analytics stuff, now am on Django framework for backend end development.

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 5:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

Get a system and start now.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by TMwise1942: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

Thanks i really apprieciate God bless
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by TMwise1942: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Get a system and start now.
I already have a system but i heard to be a programer you need focuse and alot of time and i will also want to focuse on my education
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nwele2017: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
Powerbi is damm slow. I just uninstalled my Tabulea to install powerbi just for me notice that it lags like mad and with poor graphical quality. I hate powerbi, infact, am uninstalling it immediately. tableau is far far better than powerbi in all ramification.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by teewhydope(m): 11:23am On Jun 27, 2020
nwele2017:
Powerbi is damm slow. I just uninstalled my Tabulea to install powerbi just for me notice that it lags like mad and with poor graphical quality. I hate powerbi, infact, am uninstalling it immediately. tableau is far far better than powerbi in all ramification.

lol it's not slow. it's because it's more powerful than tableau, that's why it lags sometimes. even my 16gb ram laptop lags when using some sections of power bi.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SOLARPOWER1(f): 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
TMwise1942:

I already have a system but i heard to be a programer you need focuse and alot of time and i will also want to focuse on my education

Focus on your education.? ! What is programming? Are you think programming is not education in quote... A word is enough for the wise...

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.