Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,556 members, 7,801,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (329088 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 9:14am On Jul 31, 2020
Ejiod:
Hey guys.... just finished reading Medium this morning and felt like sharing. There’s currently a new revolution by tech giants now regarding content learning. Please guys try visiting Grow with Google

Welcome back Ejiod. Thank you for the link

We have been waiting for your response on some discussions. Specifically on how Python is better than Excel Power Tools and Power BI in the work place.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ejiod(m): 9:46am On Jul 31, 2020
Dum20:

Welcome back Ejiod. Thank you for the link

We have been waiting for your response on some discussions. Specifically on how Python is better than Excel Power Tools and Power BI in the work place.
Python is on Champions League while PowerBI and Tableau are on Europa League.
Excel is like AC Milan of Seria A

For basic level analysis Excel is good. Not everyone understands python and rigorous path in becoming fully fledged in it. Python runs deep analysis than you would with other tools. But imagine your boss tells you to send list of customers to team leads, are you gonna be using Python...., or you were asked to do referencing shey you will call python or power bi to the rescue.. definitely NO.., Excel comes in.
For visualization just throw EXCEL to trash can! Tableau and PowerBI are boss once it comes to visualization. Infact analysis these 2 comes ahead of Excel. To automate report sending that’s when you even call Tableau and Power BI. For me the only time I use Excel is if I’m doing XLOOKUP or after exporting from powerBi or Tableau.
I only use python when I wanna do advanced analytics or machine learning. Funny enough machine learning model are now integrated to these tools. Excel is cool but if you wanna be taken serious please drown yourself in Python,Tableau/PowerBI and SQL.

P.S
PowerBI and Tableau are on Champions League. See teams below.
SQL
Python
Tableau
PowerBI

R now is on Europa League
Excel still playing Seria A

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by TimCook: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2020
Ejiod:

For basic level analysis Excel is good. Not everyone understands python and rigorous path in becoming fully fledged in it. Python runs deep analysis than you would with other tools. But imagine your boss tells you to send list of customers to team leads, are you gonna be using Python...., or you were asked to do referencing shey you will call python or power bi to the rescue.. definitely NO.., Excel comes in.
For visualization just throw EXCEL to trash can! Tableau and PowerBI are boss once it comes to visualization. Infact analysis these 2 comes ahead of Excel. To automate report sending that’s when you even call Tableau and Power BI. For me the only time I use Excel is if I’m doing XLOOKUP or after exporting from powerBi or Tableau.
I only use python when I wanna do advanced analytics or machine learning. Funny enough machine learning model are now integrated to these tools. Excel is cool but if you wanna be taken serious please drown yourself in Python,Tableau/PowerBI and SQL.

P.S
SQL
Python
Tableau
PowerBI

I use Python to mainly clean up my data to a format I want, save the file and plot whatever I want with Tableau and PowerBI. Python is still the best analysis tool, IMO.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dum20: 10:22am On Jul 31, 2020
Ejiod:

P.S
SQL
Python
Tableau
PowerBI

Okay, thank you so much for this response.

First when i said Excel, I meant Excel in combination with Power BI as power BI is an extension of Excel as the come from the same source.

The reason I asked was as i was working on an analysis project (Sales Data) using python.

I noticed that most of the operations were similar to what you would do using Excel Power Query and Data Model.

Things like dropping Null values, adding columns can be done using Dax function in Power BI. I saw so many similarities especially in the pre-processing stage

4 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Magma012: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2020
Today I start my journey in becoming a data analyst... so help me God

11 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
Gurus in the house. Have you heard of Xyples LLC?

Is it a legit tech firm?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by A50boner: 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
Magma012:
Today I start my journey in becoming a data analyst... so help me God
hi sir, I also want to learn data analysis...where do I begin?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BelieverDE: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
HewlettPackard:

Nice. Anyway of downloading the videos for offline use?

Modified: got it, service avialiable on the app.

You can only save it offline on the app. It's quite impossible to save it to your desktop.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kaycee54321:
Gurus in the house. Have you heard of Xyples LLC?

Is it a legit tech firm?

I have their test tomorrow as well but I'm skeptical

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ebixy(m): 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
yemyke001:

I was invited too. But because of distance, I won't be making the journey. Do well to keep us posted.

I'm sceptical about the prospect of the company too.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Kaycee54321(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2020
yemyke001:

Best of luck. Took mine today. You can check my last two posts for more info.
Please, keep us updated as you check them out tomorrow.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Oddy16: 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
AnalysisGuru:
Good day guys, does anyone know where to download a well structured PHP and JavaScript video, or do you know any sound teacher by name on them either on YouTube or elsewhere?

Thanks in advanve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK_JCtrrv-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkZNo7MFNFg

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 6:30am On Aug 01, 2020
Kaycee54321:

Is the place a nice company?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 6:35am On Aug 01, 2020
Kaycee54321:

OK. Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by sammitebest: 11:10am On Aug 01, 2020
Please I need a step by step guide on how to Download a full course on udemy using torrent or any other means.
I have loads of free courses but can't seem to download them.
Pls someone should help me out

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by benjanjo1: 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
sammitebest:
Please I need a step by step guide on how to Download a full course on udemy using torrent or any other means.

first download uTorrent or bittorrent app, then install on your laptop or handheld device...
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by randomShek: 1:04pm On Aug 01, 2020
sammitebest:
Which website do you use to get the torrents?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by sammitebest: 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
benjanjo1:

first download uTorrent or bittorrent app, then install on your laptop or handheld device...

After doing that, what else am I going to do please?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by sammitebest: 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
randomShek:
Which website do you use to get the torrents?

I didn't download the utorrent I have on my PC, it came with it as I didn't buy it new

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by benjanjo1: 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
sammitebest:

After doing that, what else am I going to do please?

after doing that, go to the website where you want to download the Torrent file. click on the file you want, then click on "get this torrent". it should automatically launch the uTorrent or bittorrent app and start the download.

give feedback once you give it a try.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Emmanuel049: 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
Did you attend the test, got same invite but I didn't

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Emmanuel049: 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
Did you attend?
yemyke001:

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ayinke93(f): 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2020
sammitebest:
I use Udeler to download my Udemy courses on my Laptop. And you can get torrent files from Freeturialsusa.com then use uTorrent or BitTorrent to download them.

5 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by TRIPLEGATE: 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dahomine I am interested in the course you show here, how do we meet up in Aja to have these stuff
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by yemyke001(m): 12:55am On Aug 02, 2020
Emmanuel049:
Did you attend?

No jare
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by BelieverDE: 1:28am On Aug 02, 2020
Ayinke93:

I use Udeler to download my Udemy courses on my Laptop. And you can get torrent files from Freeturialsusa.com then use uTorrent or BitTorrent to download them.
In other words, it's better to download the courses on freetutorialsus.com using either uTorrent, BitTorrent or Udeler, instead of a conventional browser like chrome, right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Ayinke93(f): 6:27am On Aug 02, 2020
BelieverDE:

In other words, it's better to download the courses on freetutorialsus.com using either uTorrent, BitTorrent or Udeler, instead of a conventional browser like chrome, right?
Yes
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Dahyormine(m): 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
TRIPLEGATE:
Dahomine I am interested in the course you show here, how do we meet up in Aja to have these stuff
send a pm
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by abdeiz(m): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
Really great stuff going on in this thread.

Lots of experienced advices, enquiries by newbies and so forth.. What a thread.

I started my data analyst journey for a few months now but juggling my job and learning has been tougher than I expected hence the slow pace.

I was lucky tho to get scholarships with dataquest and educative.io, currently enrolled with Hamoye virtual internship but there is a lot of question marks hanging on that.

Can't say I am yet competent as I have low confidence doing projects to showcase my skills.. Imposter syndrome or what is it called. I need to take care of that pretty soon because projects show what you can do and gets you the job.

Namaste ��

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SOLARPOWER1(f): 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
How do I get "real world" data analysis projects with python to work on? I can't just get data and be giving myself hypothetical questions to solve... I need real world sample project and questions that will force me to think out the solution and write the codes and visualization to implement them... Please elders in the house help a newbie, I know most elders here have passed through this stage before
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ibromodzi: 4:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:
How do I get "real world" data analysis projects with python to work on? I can't just get data and be giving myself hypothetical questions to solve... I need real world sample project and questions that will force me to think out the solution and write the codes and visualization to implement them... Please elders in the house help a newbie, I know most elders here have passed through this stage before

I'm not an elder but I think I can contribute in my own little way.
While it is true that analyses are mostly guided by things such as;

1. Aim and objectives of the research (e.g the aim of a research/analysis could be to study the prevalence of a particular disease)

2. Questions formulated before gathering the data (e.g what is the relationship between depression and suicide?)

3. Research hypothesis ( e.g depression is not significantly related to suicide).

Some real world problems require you to make insights from the data as a data analyst with no prior objectives. This is where domain knowledge comes into play and it allows you occupy the position of a researcher and data scientists/analyst.

Some companies just have their data without knowing what to do with it, they need an analyst to help them find patterns in their data in order for them to make informed decision that'll eventually contribute to the growth of the company.

This is how you should prepare yourself as an analyst/scientist. By just seeing your data, questions should be popping up in your head. Data visualization is also very important in this regard because it gives you the questions you didn't know you had in the first place.

There are many websites to get real life, as well as synthesized data to work with.

I hope you find this useful and grow with it.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Raalsalghul: 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
abdeiz:
Really great stuff going on in this thread.

Lots of experienced advices, enquiries by newbies and so forth.. What a thread.

I started my data analyst journey for a few months now but juggling my job and learning has been tougher than I expected hence the slow pace.

I was lucky tho to get scholarships with dataquest and educative.io, currently enrolled with Hamoye virtual internship but there is a lot of question marks hanging on that.

Can't say I am yet competent as I have low confidence doing projects to showcase my skills.. Imposter syndrome or what is it called. I need to take care of that pretty soon because projects show what you can do and gets you the job.

Namaste ��

We are in the same shoes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.