Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst - Programming (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (330160 Views)

Chronicle Of A Data/cloud Engineer / Net Salary For A Data Analyst Or Scientist Or Web Dev / Aspiring Data Scientist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Goodoption(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
GidiCars:

Sorry o! I can't give out my contact to anyone on this platform. We can always chat openly here, if you need any help, just buzz me and I would oblige you.

Use this website to download almost any boook you want free. Anyone you cannot find, just try searching on Google or DuckDuckGO using regular expression, you must definitely find something. If you want to learn quciker, forget all these nigerian Data science group, join DPHI. Just search for them on the internet.

https://b-ok.africa/

If you want free Udemy courses, go on telegram and search UdemyKing Free Courses. Just follow the instructions there. Don't let anyone sell you materials of any type. Even on LinkedIn, I get tons of materials for free. That's what the internet should be used for, learning and educating yourself. Don't try to get too many courses all at once o, you might get banned. Like 5 per day is okay.

Finally, anyone that is really serious about learning should try to join one of these Indian virtual bootcamps. With a laptop, internet, mobile phone, and commitment, you will learn alot. There are free ones available, and the paid ones are not any better than them.

CC.

Goodoption
Sellout
tosaino95
mentro

Dude you're massive

Millions of accolade
Thanks more

8 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Goodoption(m): 1:04am On Jun 29, 2021
wisdomremz:
already started my journey into data science, prior before now I had a mentor(my cousin) who is a data scientist in Australia who talked extensively on data science and gave various tools necessary. So I brushed through excel by taking some course like analysing data using excel and other courses on Edx(videos) then currently learning sql using sql server express learnt basics using w3schools and sqlzoo which am done, practicing using ssms and sample database like(adventureworks and northwind) so refreshing. Also I have some PDFs book having questions and problem from beginner to advance on the sample database listed, once am done I will also take some courses on edX. Afterwards would move into python and other tools.

just wanted to share my journey for the past one month. thanks Ejiod and other contributors.

if you are also on this journey into the world of data science quote me, let's relate �

My hands is up
WhatsApp
O9o555nine six 3 four three
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Goodoption(m): 8:18am On Jun 29, 2021
wisdomremz:

quote me with your email, i will send the pdf
Please send a copy of it to me
sikok97@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Brightner: 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2021
I use search engines a lot that's how I came across this threads by just googling "data scientist journey nairaland " even though I am not a Nigerian. I specifically wanted to know how you got access to these courses for free and nothing more. I actually don't need your contact but since you claimed to have the secrets on how to access these courses for free I thought it wise to ask how one could access them. The information you have provided is enough but I will continue to search for more resources that will suit my needs and make my journey much easier. Thanks again for your reply.

GidiCars:

Sorry o! I can't give out my contact to anyone on this platform. We can always chat openly here, if you need any help, just buzz me and I would oblige you.

Use this website to download almost any boook you want free. Anyone you cannot find, just try searching on Google or DuckDuckGO using regular expression, you must definitely find something. If you want to learn quciker, forget all these nigerian Data science group, join DPHI. Just search for them on the internet.

If you want free Udemy courses, go on telegram and search UdemyKing Free Courses. Just follow the instructions there. Don't let anyone sell you materials of any type. Even on LinkedIn, I get tons of materials for free. That's what the internet should be used for, learning and educating yourself. Don't try to get too many courses all at once o, you might get banned. Like 5 per day is okay.

Finally, anyone that is really serious about learning should try to join one of these Indian virtual bootcamps. With a laptop, internet, mobile phone, and commitment, you will learn alot. There are free ones available, and the paid ones are not any better than them.

CC.

Goodoption
Sellout
tosaino95
mentro

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Goodoption(m): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
Bibitayo2:
Sent.
Please send Excel Ebook to me
sikok97@gmail.com
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Richsteemit: 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
Bibitayo2:
Sent.

fansgod333@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ItsTime4me(m): 1:28am On Jul 03, 2021
Please guys did anyone apply for the sofi datascience internship job?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Houston17(m): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2021
ItsTime4me:

I did
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ItsTime4me(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
Houston17:

I did
Great. Have you been contacted? I have done the test and the video interview but have not heard from them yet, What about you.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Houston17(m): 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
ItsTime4me:
Great. Have you been contacted? I have done the test and the video interview but have not heard from them yet, What about you.

Same here bro. I just did my video interview yesterday but no response yet
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ItsTime4me(m): 12:44am On Jul 04, 2021
Houston17:

Same here bro. I just did my video interview yesterday but no response yet
Yours is quite recent. I did my interview since Monday. Sincerely the swiftness with which they contacted me after the test made me think they would get back to me almost immediately after the interview. In fact in the interview mail they sent to me they said the whole founding team sat down to analyze my performance in the test and are pleased with what they are seeing(hope they are not trying to patronize me). So I thought I was already in and the video interview was just a formality.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Girllikeme: 4:17am On Jul 04, 2021
Hey Guys,

Please I am looking for someone that is good in R/R studio... I have a set of data that needs to be visualized.... I am.offering 40k for this work..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Houston17(m): 5:26am On Jul 04, 2021
ItsTime4me:
Yours is quite recent. I did my interview since Monday. Sincerely the swiftness with which they contacted me after the test made me think they would get back to me almost immediately after the interview. In fact in the interview mail they sent to me they said the whole founding team sat down to analyze my performance in the test and are pleased with what they are seeing(hope they are not trying to patronize me). So I thought I was already in and the video interview was just a formality.

grin grin, na to just wait. I want to believe a lot of persons applied so them still dey do their shuffling.
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by delgook14(m): 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
Houston17:

So you mean to say you have access to paid udemy courses for free and even collect certificate free at the end

any update ? @houston17
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SherUnlock: 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2021
ItsTime4me:

I wanted to initially but the job ad was strikingly similar to a previous one from amploy.io in May, which ended up being a ruse, moya look away. Did Sofi ask you to open a profile on join.com? Was the video interview 5 questions? Did they use "Hireflix" for the video interview? Did the application test have a question similar to the one in the image below? If the answer to all these questions is 'yes', then best believe a bunch of people somewhere need CVs to train/test their ML model hence the fake openings. I may be wrong though, I hope I am.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by munstaqq: 2:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
Good afternoon guys.

Please I want to know, does it matter where one learnt his skills?

Because most of the courses on Coursera and Edx are curated by world known universities and reputable organizations. While independent tutors sells their courses on Udemy.

Do employers consider this?

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by jum33: 4:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
munstaqq:
Good afternoon guys.

Please I want to know, does it matter where one learnt his skills?

Because most of the courses on Coursera and Edx are curated by world known universities and reputable organizations. While independent tutors sells their courses on Udemy.Even if you are being taught by the best of the best ,failure to do your own diligence will amount to waste .

Do employers consider this?
How you made use of what you are taught is what really matters and that depends sorely on you .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by DevOpsX: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Houston17(m): 4:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
delgook14:

any update ? @houston17

Boss, is it about the udemy stuff?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Houston17(m): 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
SherUnlock:

I wanted to initially but the job ad was strikingly similar to a previous one from amploy.io in May, which ended up being a ruse, moya look away. Did Sofi ask you to open a profile on join.com? Was the video interview 5 questions? Did they use "Hireflix" for the video interview? Did the application test have a question similar to the one in the image below? If the answer to all these questions is 'yes', then best believe a bunch of people somewhere need CVs to train/test their ML model hence the fake openings. I may be wrong though, I hope I am.

Hmmm. You correct for everything oo. The only difference is na just 1 question for the video interview
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nengibo: 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
SherUnlock:

I had the same thought because its the same Phillip Meyer that is the CEO, but wouldn't that be illegal
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by DevOpsX: 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
I've uploaded a couple of Udacity Nanodegree courses here for everyone to download for free.
The links will expire in 6 days. Enjoy!

Udacity Business Analytics Nanodegree
https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20210704jrGG9u8C

Udacity Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree
https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20210704DENELH8h

Data Engineering Nanodegree
https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20210704PB7BRZRA

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by SherUnlock: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
nengibo:

I had the same thought because its the same Phillip that is the CEO, but wouldn't that be illegal
It is definitely illegal, the amploy.io website is suspect, the "Try it for free" link does not work. I'd bet the said "Phillip" is an imaginary person.
Sofi is a legit American company though, but nothing like "Data Science Intern" in their job openings currently.
My guess is somebody needs CV data but doesn't know how to go about it so he/she came up with this grand scheme to get it on a platter, deviously smart if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by nengibo: 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
SherUnlock:

It is definitely illegal, the amploy.io website is suspect, the "Try it for free" link does not work. I'd bet the said "Phillip" is an imaginary person.
Sofi is a legit American company though, but nothing like "Data Science Intern" in their job openings currently.
My guess is somebody needs CV data but doesn't know how to go about it so he/she came up with this grand scheme to get it on a platter, deviously smart if you ask me.
The only people that will benefit from such data would be Amploy , since their business is recruitment, they probably chose Nigeria for obvious reasons
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ItsTime4me(m): 12:21am On Jul 05, 2021
SherUnlock:

Hmmm. na wa o.

Please guys I am having issues with dowloading MySQL. After all the installation I don't get to see the app on my system. When I installed and tried to install again, I noticed that MySQL workbench is not under the applications I need to choose. Please I need help.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by rodhy(f): 8:58am On Jul 05, 2021
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by demanuel(m): 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
Good day everyone,
Does anyone here have a background in accounting/finance and have now fully migrated to data analysis ?
I am seriously considering to switch from my Accounting background to learning data analysis that can enable me access opportunities as a finance analyst or data analyst, possibly getting a good remote job or migrating.
Please guys I need suggestions.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by ItsTime4me(m): 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hello guys, Please I need help on how to install SQL workbench. I have been trying to install it but it is not working. Please are there requirements for the installation?
Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by randomShek: 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2021
ItsTime4me:
Hello guys, Please I need help on how to install SQL workbench. I have been trying to install it but it is not working. Please are there requirements for the installation?
The installer is supposed to tell you what is missing

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hi, so i gave out my udemy login to a few and for the past two weeks, I have been noticing that someone don't know who has been adding new courses (piano lessons and some other courses to my list of courses). I would really appreciate if you stop doing that please. You are messing with my udemy algorithm that suggest courses for me. Just watch the courses that are available and exit. I do not appreciate it. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst by itzzkhaliii(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
[quote author=GidiCars post=103162642]

Abeg we're the link to the Indian boot camp

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (146) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.