Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad (2853 Views)

Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here / The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Mizwisdom(f): 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2019
There are some white Americans that will leave a place when they hear that you're from Africa because they feel that you're a disease carrier. In UK. they will be scared of walking close to you or sitting near you on a Bus or Train because they feel you might try, to steal from them, in Canada they will frustrate you with hard core office politics, Read more stories from Q-u-o...
Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by davide470(m): 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
SamReinvented:
On a vacation to San Sebastián in Spain, myself and some Indian and Latino friends went to this restaurant and we were told that they have closed.

We carried ourselves to a different restaurant and about an hour later on our way back, the first restaurant was still very open serving guests.

Then it dawned on us. We’ve just become the latest victims of racism. It was my very first time... it didn’t feel good. I can imagine what it’d feel like to be faced with that 2 or 3 times in a month.
In some countries in Europe, most restaurant close on less rush hours mostly before and after lunch (lunch is 12pm - 2pm) and reopen later in the evening, so it might also be that or as you said.
Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by SamReinvented: 11:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
davide470:
In some countries in Europe, most restaurant close on less rush hours mostly before and after lunch (lunch is 12pm - 2pm) and reopen later in the evening, so it might also be that or as you said.

It was as I said. It was a fast food restaurant, not the dining type restaurant.
Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by tyosho: 8:56am On Oct 28, 2019
hmmmmm.

I live in Melbourne and there are subtle experiences from time to time.I hate it but what"s there to do?Go back to Nigeria?Im not ready for that yet.

I have learnt to do develop a thick skin.If i had not visited other Oyinbo countries before coming here,i would have thought all white people behaved like this .

Will recount more later

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2019
tyosho:
hmmmmm.

I live in Melbourne and there are subtle experiences from time to time.I hate it but what"s there to do?Go back to Nigeria?Im not ready for that yet.

I have learnt to do develop a thick skin.If i had not visited other Oyinbo countries before coming here,i would have thought all white people behaved like this .

Will recount more later
Greetings ma, pls ma I need urgent inquiry I want from you. Thankss
Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
Greetings house, pls my people I want clarification on export of raw food in Australia.
Is it true that there is an embargo on African raw food? Please my people your input will be highly appreciated.
Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by masco131(m): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
tyosho:
hmmmmm.

Will recount more later
I experienced it few days ago. One white was shouting at me to go back to Africa, they don't like us here blah blah and that same day a white was helping me. The whole time she was shouting I wanted to answer but I just realized that laughing at her was better.
Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by masco131(m): 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
brownemmanuel43:
Greetings house, pls my people I want clarification on export of raw food in Australia.
Is it true that there is an embargo on African raw food? Please my people your input will be highly appreciated.
I will advice you grind most of them and package it very well
Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
masco131:

I will advice you grind most of them and package it very well
Okkk. Thanks baba. That means if I grind and package it well, there will not be issue.
Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by masco131(m): 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
brownemmanuel43:

Okkk. Thanks baba. That means if I grind and package it well, there will not be issue.
Yes boss
Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
masco131:

Yes boss
Okk. Thanks, I really appreciate
Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Kennyswagz2: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
Suspectzero:

This is the truth. Our countries are unadulterated shitholes which is why we run to foreign lands to begin with. How do you expect to be truly respected as a people? Racism is bad and its unfair on an individual level but if you understand humans then you would understand why the black man is looked down upon by every other race. Our civilization is embarrassing. And it's anything but civilized.

You always have to prove yourself as a black person abroad because your fellow black people home and abroad have tarnished your reputation to bits. It's the same way we all look down on the abokis and Hausas here in the Southwest. South. Everyone's reputation precedes them. You are no different.
the whole south not only the SW

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad by Triggerdaclub: 7:38am On Mar 03, 2020
PLS TREAT AS URGENT.
Hi guy..
need your candid advise.
I'm a Medical doctor wanting to do Masters in
Nursing in Australia.
I'd like to know if masters in nursing is a good idea cos I heard they have more job opportunities.
And if I'm thru with Masters in nursing can I be a registered nurse being that I am a DOCTOR.
Also can I stay in Australia for years to work even without been a permanent resident long after my studies.
Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk's Working Holiday Visa / Top 5 Most Dangerous Places In Lagos Must See / Experience Cape Town-western Cape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.