Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? (13846 Views)

Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down / Lecturer Caught In A Hotel With His Student In Cross River State (photos/video) / Salihu Dasuki Is Youngest Senior Lecturer At Sheffield Hallam University UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Resivim: 10:27am On Oct 22, 2019
Good day fellow "nairalanders".

There exist this very young (say) lecturer in my department who is always in charge of most of exam scripts of students. In fact most lecturers hand over students' scripts to him for marking believing he's trustworthy.
But the main thing is, he's now aware of almost all the best and class toppers in class including those who wish to play their games so low...and he usually mark those who seems not to be familiar with him down while gracing the ones he's familiar with even though they don't usually give (1/4) of what those marked down usually give.

This has been occuring for several times now, many silent aims of the best students seem to have been dashed....he will just reduce their efforts to like *B* or a more lesser grade when they Indeed deserve *A* and even get the highest scores..

THE QUESTION NOW IS, HOW DO YOU THINK WE CAN DEAL WITH THIS SELFISH MAN, OR PREVENT HIM FROM INFLICTING SUBESQUENT HARMS TO OUR MOST DESIRED GOALS.

Most of us hate this man's attitude! , let alone of moving closer to him.

I will be so grateful if this really gets to front page, it's one of the challenges those called "BEST STUDENTS" face.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Resivim: 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
Still expecting suggestions....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by DTC2(m): 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2019

I was this close... Very very close

Then the Op spoiled everything

Well, there are lecturers like that; very annoying and selfish idiots

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Kendumazy(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
Don't worry. You will get befitting answers here. Just scan through the responses here and check the best one that fits to solve the situation. Be careful of your colleagues you will discuss the solution with make them no go tell am. Wish you all the very best.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by brushesz: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
Okay
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by fourhayz: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
Smiles...There's nothing you can actually do unless the lecturers loses that trust.

This also happened in my ND1.... There's a lecturer who gives one graced corper our test script to mark....And after he collected the script.

He said-I will only use 4 people's script to mark the rest...And between when the test scripts were shared they all had 20 while even the ones that also wrote exact same thing had a way below mark.

But eventually when the Exam results came out with the total....Some students still had a better score than these four people.

It is just the way it is...That's the life we live in!

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Asowebdesign: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
Just so you know... I got an extra year in school because I tried to deal with a biased lecturer

I build websites and I'm based IN abuja, 0802 067 5190.
see signature...no down payment

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by allandutch: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
Don't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by crazyABO(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
Deal with him in an unbiased manner sad

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by fratermathy(m): 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
If you are so sure of what you wrote, write and apply for remarking.

Problem solved.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Gideoniteprime4: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
uhmmmmm?
two rounds of bullets can be enough to end your troubles with the lecturer
if you know you know

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by PheelzAlmighty: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
Prayer and fasting grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by IjebuWarrior: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
grin
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by NNEWIsuper: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
kidnap him

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by sherif4owo(m): 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
ask for your script to be remarked if you strongly believe that you deserve a better grade

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by IjebuWarrior: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
uhmmmmm?
two rounds of bullets can be enough to end your troubles with the lecturer
if you know you know

cool

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Luckysbab: 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
Everybody go claim "best students".

I refuse to take sides in this matter.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by ursullalinda(f): 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
Simple if you are double sure of what you wrote apply for remarking.....it's as easy as that

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by StrongandMighty: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
Can you prove your case??

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Goldenheart(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
Lectures can trip, fall and break a neck while strolling on a hot afternoon....
Lectures can have a nice cup of coffee, choke & ....
Lectures can even go for a lil swim and drown...
Lectures can go blind from toxic winds..

The possibilities are endless...

21 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by luminouz(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
shocked
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by tellwisdom: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
Cry of an olodo....What makes u feel you deserve A or B??

Of course, One can’t be wicked at all time.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by EXLOVER(m): 5:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
Who is we?

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by whitering: 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
Sorry! only God holds the key
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by Tyger1: 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
Well, you could get a button / pen camera, set him up too. Make him talk about the things he does without him suspecting.

Send the video to a journalist or upload to internet anonymously cool

Now we're in the tech age!! Let the world know!!

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by crafteck(m): 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
Work harder

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by BlueRayDick: 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
The only way to deal with issues like this is to double your efforts.

You have to read so much that you are almost sure of scoring 95 out of 100.

You may think it is impossible but it actually is. A lecturer once told me point blank I will fail a course he was handling.

I knew him to be vindictive and didn’t take the threat lightly. From that day till the exam date, there was no single day I didn’t read the particular course for at least one hour a day. It got to a stage I knew most of the topics by heart.

I took the exam like every other student and scored a little above 70(which of course is the resultant score after he had marked me down as much as he wanted)

One thing is this; no matter how a lecturer hates you , he won’t fail you if you pass on merit. It’s just not possible. They have people who check the scripts to see if the total marks recorded tallied with the marks accumulated from each question answered.

So my friend put in more efforts and put the man to shame. Stopping people like that through official means is almost impossible

17 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by MountainView: 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
Report him to SARS undecided undecided

Meanwhile,

I'm looking for an investor for my Tech Start-up
Re: How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? by fatymore(f): 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
This looks like Polyibadan??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Download Textbooks In PDF Format? / Uniport Post Ume Cutoff For All Courses / ASUU: ASUP Warns FG Of Impending Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.