Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,614 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals (44824 Views)

The Gruesome Murder Of The Roman Emperor - Julius Caesar (Throwback) / Emperor Of Japan, Naruhito Arrives In UK For Queen Elizabeth II Funeral / I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
Octopusssy:

My point is royalty will never be caught dead in trashy outfits.

Oops
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Prymestrr(m): 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2019
Explorers:

grin....Like someone said up there, kings of Nations are present here, not king of town.
Loooool... Explorers you're a wicked somebody grin grin grin
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
Prymestrr:

Loooool... Explorers you're a wicked somebody grin grin grin
I saw no black Kings ty there. Also I don't recall any of them going to the coronation of a Black king. You guys should just keep applauding, but the way they consider black monarchies is the same way white society considers black people. So let us applaud the fact they have no respect for us ... Keep clapping, morons.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by pocohantas(f): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Octopusssy:

My point is royalty will never be caught dead in trashy outfits.

So covered up, yet classy. cry
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by ojraph(m): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
I just love the Japanese culture it is very inspiring and honouring.they have a well rooted tradition and they crave honour and respect Tho in ancient Japan a swords man known as a samurai will commit suicide just to regain his honor and respect from his community and masters it is could harakri or saspeku were the warrior uses a thin dagger to cut his abdomen in a horizontal form and a fellow swords man will put him out of his pains by beheading him instead of shamelessly been killed as a criminal if he commits a serious crime .the story of the brave 47 ronins who fought for there master and Avenged his death and they later died but there bravery today is celebrated every year people visit there acient graves to pay tribute to there honour and respect . I truly love the Japanese culture

1 Like

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Octopusssy(f): 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
pocohantas:

So covered up, yet classy. cry
My sister! Igbo people will say o ma yami lonu. sad

We live in a sick generation.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Prymestrr(m): 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
justnairalande:
I saw no black Kings ty there. Also I don't recall any of them going to the coronation of a Black king. You guys should just keep applauding, but the way they consider black monarchies is the same way white society considers black people. So let us applaud the fact they have no respect for us ... Keep clapping, morons.
don't be a brat throwing insults around. The way African leaders from presidents down to town monarchs have dressed throughout history is the same way the world is addressing them and by extension Africans as a whole. You have to respect yourself before someone else will respect you.
Do include yourself as one when next you decide to term others as morons on your baseless points.
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Gerrard59(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
Kanade21:

You better thank God you are a Nigerian, because being a Japanese is hard...very hard.

Where to start...work culture. As an adult, once you graduate, na to work for your company from 7am to 10 pm, sometimes later. Monday to Saturday. And nowadays, since their economy collapsed in the 1990's....the pay is not good. You may at best live in a small flat.

Even as a child, you will work. As a secondary school student for example...you would go to school normally, then you go to what they call 'cram school'...ie lesson. And no, over there cram school is for the serious minded student...lazy students go and do menial jobs once they finish JS3. If you want to enter a good university (like say University of Tokyo, for example...which is like our own University of Ibadan)....you better start prep as a ten year old.

Infact, you will be so busy that if you are the kind of dad who wants to take care of his children, you would be so busy that maybe you would see your children once a week. Oh, and if your wife divorces you, custody in MOST instances goes to HER. So, you may never see your children again.

Social life? A large percentage of Japanese men and women are still virgins by 40...because...you know...work.

And Japan is a very very conformist society. Even more so than Nigeria. You cannot up and go doing your thing. You must conform to the group..and woe betide you if you do not conform.

Life in Japan is not pleasant....and I say this as someone who admires Japanese culture. Infact.,,,as a black man, they are very racist towards us. Even white people. You know that time when that Chinese restutrant had a 'no blacks day'?? In Kenya. ?....In Japan, there are establishments that do not allow foreigners in at all.

If you are a girl...when you graduate, and get a job...many times, you are a glorified secretary (though this is changing). Then when you get married, the pressure is on you to leave your job and raise your husband's children. One benefit...in Japan it is the wife who manages the home money. Hubby comes home with salary, gives it to wife...wife gives an allowance. But if you are a woman and you want to keep working (except in some fields like educaiton and health)...good luck.

Better thank God you are a Nigerian...or if you want to go elsewhere....try the USA. At least they are much better.

In all of this, you failed to acknowledge the positive aspects of the culture and country. I'll do justice to it.

- Notwithstanding the rise of other Asian countries, Japan remains the third largest economy globally and with the second highest number of Fortune 500 companies in Asia.

- The conformist culture actually makes the streets safer and this has been noted twice in The Economist ranking of safest cities globally. Tokyo, the world's most populated city is actually the safest. Osaka comes third just behind Singapore.

- Regarding tiny flats, this is understandable considering its population density. This is a country the size of California with a population of Ethiopia. You should be more concerned about Nigeria which is projected to surpass the population of the US in the size of Texas.

- The work ethic, educational advancement and disciplined nature of the Japanese you lampooned have made them to win more Nobel prizes across all categories except Peace than any Asian or non-western country. Same Japan has some of the world's best universities and Todai which you mentioned has far lower fees than MIT or Harvard. In fact, foreigners and Japanese pay the same fees across all levels.

- Just because some people don't like you doesn't make them racist. In Nigeria, there exist myriad of reasons some landlords or landladies would refuse to let a flat or house to you. Ethnic group, religion, gender, physical structure etc. It's hypocritical for Nigerians to criticise that aspect.

- On the contrary, a black man is safer in Japan than the US as there exists no gun culture, gangsterism or baby-mamaism. The family unit is strong and cohesive which result in safer streets, longevity for residents and a harmonious relationship with one's community. Check the stats of knife stabbings in London and Tokyo.

Lastly, nowhere is perfect and life can be hard anywhere but some places make it harder considering how unsafe they're and how expensive things can be.

4 Likes

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Surulereman(m): 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2019
So no African monarch made the list of invitees? They would have dazzled these oyibos with their traditional regalia. Imagine the Oni of Ife or the Oba of Benin or the Emir of Kano arriving at the event. He'll steal the show from the Emperor.
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2019
Prymestrr:

don't be a brat throwing insults around. The way African leaders from presidents down to town monarchs have dressed throughout history is the same way the world is addressing them and by extension Africans as a whole. You have to respect yourself before someone else will respect you.
Do include yourself as one when next you decide to term others as morons on your baseless points.
You have just said the most stupid thing I have ever heard. These people are dressing according to their own costoms ! So are African Kings. You have a very low self-esteem which makes you value their costoms above yours. Basically, you are saying Africans would be more deserving of respect if they would abandon their costoms to follow those of others ? It is quite the opposite in reality. If you abandon your costoms then you have nothing, you are just a white-wanna-be. Why would the whites have any respect for you then ?
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Prymestrr(m): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
justnairalande:
You have just said the most stupid thing I have ever heard. These people are dressing according to their own costoms ! So are African Kings. You have a very low self-esteem which makes you value their costoms above yours. Basically, you are saying Africans would be more deserving of respect if they would abandon their costoms to follow those of others ? It is quite the opposite in reality. If you abandon your costoms then you have nothing, you are just a white-wanna-be. Why would the whites have any respect for you then ?
This is why I get weary of commenting on NL; nitwits coming on my mention. African leaders being addressed the way they dress was a figure of speech which you were expected to interpret as African leader setting bad examples by their actions throughout history that the world never took them serious.
Please don't make me insult you. Be reasonable with your point if you feel the need to mention me again.
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
Prymestrr:

This is why I get weary of commenting on NL; nitwits coming on my mention. African leaders being addressed the way they dress was a figure of speech which you were expected to interpret as Africa setting bad examples by their actions throughout history that the world never took them serious.
Please don't make me insult. Be reasonable with your point if you feel the need to mention me again.
You are one of those who believe the interlocutor should read your mind. Once again you are being foolish. I have no time to even try to read your mind, nor am I a psychologist. If you have something to say, then say it without ambiguity. You believe playing on words makes you smart but in reality you seem very dumb, I just took some time out of my busy schedules to respond a complete idi.ot.
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by daniddan1999: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
No Africa or Nigeria royal family invited?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Prymestrr(m): 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
justnairalande:
You are one of those who believe the interlocutor should read your mind. Once again you are being foolish. I have no time to even try to read your mind, nor am I a psychologist. If you have something to say, then say it without ambiguity. You believe playing on words makes you smart but in reality you seem very dumb, I just took some time out of my busy schedules to respond a complete idi.ot.
Typical. I give up. You win, now please move along. Pandejo undecided
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
Prymestrr:

Typical. I give up. You win, now please move along. Pandejo undecided
f you
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
daniddan1999:
No Africa or Nigeria royal family invited?
Those bastards don't like black people.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by iSufferFools: 9:15pm On Oct 22, 2019
Explorers:

grin....Like someone said up there, kings of Nations are present here, not king of town.
Men!. This is a low blow not properly placed.

If you'd said kings of countries, you would have been right, but kings of nation? Nah. I'll have to remind you the Alaafin of Oyo, Ooni of Ife, Oba of Benin are kings of nations.

There's a difference between a nation and a country, bro.
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Bekool(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
Explorers:
Britain's Prince Charles chatting with Denmark's Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik while attending the enthronement ceremony where Japan's Emperor Naruhito officially proclaims his ascension to the Chrysanthemum Throne.

Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf (front row left) and his daughter Crown Princess Victoria (front row second left), Cambodia's King Norodom Sihamoni (second row left), Bhutan's King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck (second row fourth from left) and Queen Jetsun Pema (second row third from left) attending the enthronement ceremony.

Minister for Defense Taro Kono, guest, Hitomi Noda and former PM of Japan Yoshihiko Noda attend the Enthronement Ceremony of Emperor Naruhito.

Why was buhari and the sultan of sokoto not invited to represent nigeria?
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
iSufferFools:
Men!. This is a low blow not properly placed.

If you'd said kings of countries, you would have been right, but kings of nation? Nah. I'll have to remind you the Alaafin of Oyo, Ooni of Ife, Oba of Benin are kings of nations.

There's a difference between a nation and a country, bro.
The Oba of Benin was the king of a precolonial country called Benin Kingdom whose capital is called Benin city.

For the rest, the japs don't like black people. Us blacks, we are not loved in most non black countries by the way.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
ihatebuhari:
is bini an empire? Or Japan part of western world? Bloody uneducated Ipob pig or afonja slave
Yes Benin was an empire. Ignorant people like you confuse Benin city with Benin empire/Kingdom.
None of which is called "bini". And Benin city is it's capital.
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by chijioke17(m): 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
ihatebuhari:
is bini an empire? Or Japan part of western world? Bloody uneducated Ipob pig or afonja slave
Lol, uneducated?, ipob?, afonja?. First off, I doubt you can match my educational qualifications, secondly, a famous quote once says, " your education is a waste if you can't see past religious and tribal sentiments". This quote gives a clearer picture of your 'education'. I am detribalised, if you go through my writings, you'll see that. For you to even ask if benin is an empire shows how myopic you are. The Benin Empire is recognised world wide. Google is your friend. Lastly, mind how you talk to people, you never know tomorrow's plans. The fact you have a phone and access to the internet doesn't mean you can speak to anyone anyhow. Be civil. Technology isn't a license to be stupid.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by chijioke17(m): 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
ArticleBeast:

You didn't really understand who you quoted. He was in support of Africa retaining their culture
Thanks
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by ihatebuhari(f): 10:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
chijioke17:

Lol, uneducated?, ipob?, afonja?. First off, I doubt you can match my educational qualifications, secondly, a famous quote once says, " your education is a waste if you can't see past religious and tribal sentiments". This quote gives a clearer picture of your 'education'. I am detribalised, if you go through my writings, you'll see that. For you to even ask if benin is an empire shows how myopic you are. The Benin Empire is recognised world wide. Google is your friend. Lastly, mind how you talk to people, you never know tomorrow's plans. The fact you have a phone and access to the internet doesn't mean you can speak to anyone anyhow. Be civil. Technology isn't a license to be stupid.
i don’t have your time.

Bini was never an empire, just a kingdom I guess you should use your dictionary.

Secondly Japan is never Referred as part of “western world “ you can say japan and other Asian countries are known as eastern countries or “East”

I’m not your type.
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
ihatebuhari:
i don’t have your time.

Bini was never an empire, just a kingdom I guess you should use your dictionary.

Secondly Japan is never Referred as part of “western world “ you can say japan and other Asian countries are known as eastern countries or “East”

I’m not your type.
Actually Benin Kingdom was an empire as a Kingdom which subdued and federated other kingdoms.
You really don't have time to get some serious education.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by chijioke17(m): 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
kissu
ihatebuhari:
i don’t have your time.

I’m not your type.

If only you had read the person I quoted,then you would have understood better, secondly you obviously aren't my type either. You are foul mouthed and have no reservations with spewing hurtful words to strangers without any provocation. So yes, I'm not your type cos I refuse to condescend so low to your level to engage you in verbal altercation.
Lastly, thank you for the correction, I was making a generalised statement representing the developed world which we generally refer to as the west, not necessarily Europe, or Russia or America, and as for the empire statement, I stand on my ground, benin is an empire,
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by chijioke17(m): 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
justnairalande:

Actually Benin Kingdom was an empire as a Kingdom which subdued and federated other kingdoms.
You really don't have time to get some serious education.
Help me tell her o, someone will just come with little or no knowledge and start talking rubbish

1 Like

Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
You were wrong in claiming Japan was part of the West but you were right about Benin empire.

chijioke17:
kissu

If only you had read the person I quoted,then you would have understood better, secondly you obviously aren't my type either. You are foul mouthed and have no reservations with spewing hurtful words to strangers without any provocation. So yes, I'm not your type cos I refuse to condescend so low to your level to engage you in verbal altercation.
Lastly, thank you for the correction, I was making a generalised statement representing the developed world which we generally refer to as the west, not necessarily Europe, or Russia or America, and as for the empire statement, I stand on my ground, benin is an empire,
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2019
chijioke17:

Help me tell her o, someone will just come with little or no knowledge and start talking rubbish
Don't mind this new generation, they are lazy and arrogant. They don't use their brains, yet they want to act as if they knew better.
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by ihatebuhari(f): 10:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
chijioke17:
kissu

bini was never any pooo empire. No kingdom was under bini and don’t tell me about urhobo and itshekiri those guys where never under bini.

I just laugh you bini guys talk trash about stupid kingdom that was burnt down by the British in just 3 days.

The only empire in this world is British empire and God bless king James. Not some sort of evil lesser village African chiefs that call themselves kings.

Kings that can’t protect their kingdom most were exiled and their kingdom taken from them hahahahaha.

Please don’t go hang your self I’m just having a beautiful day here in LA.
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by chijioke17(m): 10:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
justnairalande:
You were wrong in claiming Japan was part of the West but you were right about Benin empire.

Calling japan the west was referring to their civilisation. In Africa, the civilised world is generally referred to as west, not necessarily the geographical west. That was the west I was referring to, not Asia
Re: Japanese Emperor Naruhito Enthroned In Centuries-Old Way Before World's Royals by chijioke17(m): 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
ihatebuhari:
bini was never any pooo empire. No kingdom was under bini and don’t tell me about urhobo and itshekiri those guys where never under bini.

I just laugh you bini guys talk trash about stupid kingdom that was burnt down by the British in just 3 days.

The only empire in this world is British empire and God bless king James. Not some sort of evil lesser village African chiefs that call themselves kings.

Kings that can’t protect their kingdom most were exiled and their kingdom taken from them hahahahaha.

Please don’t go hang your self I’m just having a beautiful day here in LA.

Why would I hang myself, Ontario is wonderful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People / Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.