Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars (43388 Views)

Whatsapp Panics As It Loses Millions Of Users Over Terms Update / Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF / Border Closure: List Made In Nigeria Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by ordbrandco: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2019
Afamed:

Yet , you failed to tell us the lies you discovered?

Tell me how alomo is smuggled into the country and I will show you you are not aware of the affairs of your nation
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Resurgent2016: 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
EkperemoEgbabi:

Did u go to school at all? Or dont u understand the reason why dem close border?
Your brain no sabi wetin be smugguling?

I know this is a faceless forum, but I can't still ignore you being this stupid not to respectfully pass your message.

I won't bother giving you the dignity of making you see reasons a closed border is bad for any nation's economy, empty barrel making noise
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Innoxxacs: 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
ChieduJoshua081:

Who told you we produce nothing ? Oga just keep kwayet o
you shut up and sit down , rubbish
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Resurgent2016: 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
handsomeclouds:

Does Alomo company pay taxes to the Nigerian govt?

Then how many companies pay the normal 30% tax?

Bro, you need to why understand better how cross border trade occurs, not media propaganda that is being spewed every now and then.

No successful economy is run on a closed border....the government will only increase shadow trading, loss revenue and discourage investment because today's companies depend on the free flow of goods and services to successfully operate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by EkperemoEgbabi: 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
Resurgent2016:

[s]I know this is a faceless forum, but I can't still ignore you being this stupid not to respectfully pass your message.

I won't bother giving you the dignity of making you see reasons a closed border is bad for any nation's economy, empty barrel making noise[/s]
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2019
psychologygh:
hahahaha,these zoo creatures really feel big about themselvesupon all these poverty and failures.1 million dollars is now millions of dollars and this is what Ghana lost upon all the screaming of we are feeding Africa. Hahaha.Better feed your more than 100 million poor citizens then.And pray Ghana does not retaliates
the thing pain you die stupid and useless Ghanian. grin grin Nothing gives me more pleasure than to see you foolish monkeys cry grin this is what i have been praying for, to see you stupid dead body Ghanians suffer. grin grin

Btw where is that your useless brother just30? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by sizer07: 1:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
amadiwati:
Have talks with the Nigerian government. Set your industry here.

Guy chuuuup...... knoku........ you have hit the nail right by it head gbam, but the major obstacles here in Nigeria is electricity and and bad roads, if we get those two things right, I tell you Nigeria will be the dubai of Africa, viz we have a land mass and big market advantage. this are some of the evidence we all seen now with the closures of boarders .all those companies will open there head quarters here in Nigeria cuz this is where the market is, a very gigantic one that the hole of west Africa countries will be happy to patronise. $2m lost just in 2 month, Truth be told those countries cant do without Nigeria market. FG get a stable power supply fix major infrastructures like road and see how Nigeria will rise like a phenix from ashes and nips this night mare of unemployment and bad economy by the buds With massive industries trooping in from the 4 corners of the world l. E easy to be the most populated African country in the world? We will rule Africa I tell you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Smarttravels(f): 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
soloenzo:
The Ghanaian Alomo Bitters Manufactured by Kasapreko Company limited through its Head of International Business Development Mr Francis Adzah told joybusiness a Ghanaian news platform how the federal government of Nigeria border closure action have halted its businesses as Nigeria is the Company's largest market.

He went further to say that more than a total of $2m has been lost since the border closure. Remember how the president Buhari's administration had closed the borders in August, against neighbouring African countries with the claim of checkmating the illegal activities which have to do with Smuggling of weapons, drugs and the huge lost of revenue from import and export tariffs through the activities of smuggling of food items into the country through the various borders most especially, Seme and Idiroko borders.

Kasapreko Company Limited, is the manufacturer of Alomo Bitters, a beverage widely consumed by Nigerians. The company is also Ghana’s largest local beverage manufacturer.

The beverage company according to report was able to transport three trucks before the border closure. But now, the company has exhausted its products in the Nigerian market according to Ghanain news website, JoyBusiness report.

Explaining the situation further, Mr Adzah said “We managed to send in three trucks of products to the Nigerian market moments before the border was closed.”

Mr Adzah Complained further that “In September, the company lost $1 million to the closure. October is almost ended and our checks show a loss of another million dollars. The situation is getting out of hand and very serious,” he said.

Mr Adzah said the company has been forced to try doing business with other African countries such as Cote d'voire, Senegal, Togo, Benin and other European markets to offset the loss incurred from the Nigerian market due to the border closure.

The Ghanaian products, along with Benin and Niger goods enjoy a very large sales in the Nigeria market as a result of the population and better economic situations compare to that of her neighbouring countries.

https://ngg.ng/2019/10/22/border-closure-producers-of-alomo-bitters-loses-millions-of-dollars/

All this noise is unnecessary. Bring your products in by ship and pay appropriate taxes. Finish.
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by sizer07: 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
amadiwati:

Guy chuuuup...... knoku........ you have hit the nail right by it head gbam, but the major obstacles here in Nigeria is electricity and bad roads, if we get those two things to start with right, I tell you Nigeria will be the dubai of Africa, viz we have a land mass, population and a big market advantage. this are some of the evidence we all have seen now with the closure of the boarders. all those companies will open there head quarters here in Nigeria cuz this is where the market is, a very gigantic one that the hole of west Africa countries will be happy to patronise. $2m lost just in 2 month, Truth be told those countries cant do without Nigeria market. FG get a stable power supply fix major infrastructures like road and see how Nigeria will rise like a phenix from ashes and nips this night mare of unemployment and bad economy by the buds With massive industries trooping in from the 4 corners of the world. E easy to be the most populated African country in the world? We will rule Africa I tell you

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by iPopAlomo(m): 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2019
Buhari no want make I pop Alomo again... sad
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
Innoxxacs:
you shut up and sit down , rubbish

Get out morafucker.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Ayiibobo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2019
nappy760:

They should though I was introduced to it in Ibadan grin ....worked great for me
chai,..nice one,i will try it out
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by allawizzow(m): 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2019
Resurgent2016:
Hope PMB realises that these companies suffering from the border closure will have less or no tax to pay arising from losses being incurred?

they pay tax to Ghana govt not Nigeria so Ghana loses. And they don't pay custom duty since they are brought in through land border.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Innoxxacs: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
ChieduJoshua081:

Get out morafucker.
lol
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Okoroawusa: 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
executive12:

You are supposed to pay tax on your profit, not on your loss.
Tax on profit is different from the tax you pay as a commercial entity

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Onitola2: 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Resurgent2016:
Hope PMB realises that these companies suffering from the border closure will have less or no tax to pay arising from losses being incurred?

what tax? To their country or ours?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by SolarHub(m): 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Drunkard would just die grin

GRAB THIS 1KVA SOLAR POWER SYSTEM AND ENJOY MINIMUM 8 HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY... PROMO ENDS TOMORROW NOON
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
Resurgent2016:

Bro, you need to why understand better how cross border trade occurs, not media propaganda that is being spewed every now and then.

No successful economy is run on a closed border....the government will only increase shadow trading, loss revenue and discourage investment because today's companies depend on the free flow of goods and services to successfully operate.

Nothing stops alomo bitters from freighting their products to Nigeria by air or sea. the govt has said that it has closed land borders because it is a route for smuggling, which means 1.) people dont pay the taxes they should and 2.0 they bring in banned items. if you are a patriot you would support this move irrespective of the inconvenience. No pain, no gain! How does a country like Benin become the worlds 3rd largest importer of rice? We are not in the business of propping up neighboring economies at the expense of our own. even fuel consumption has gone down by 20 percent because all the subsidied fuel is smuggled to neighbouring countries.

The IMF has endorsed the border closure, please dont start talking like you understand cross border trade better than the IMF!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
Innoxxacs:
why close border? Who does that? You produce nothing and you close border, I'm tired of this country

So they should go open it down till they successfully wreck the country Please let's be wise

Any door that can be opened by any keys or any pu kisssy that just any body can chook is useless.

Help yourself

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Bizibi(m): 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2019
ba7man:
Then open your factory in Togo and sell your goods anywhere but Nigeria, simple.
yes,i will still bring it into the country in the right and legitimate way and make profit.setting up a factory in Nigeria now is suicide.....
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by skukimania(f): 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2019
I won't lie, i am loving this border closure. But, can someone please tell me why Ghana is more affected by this than Benin republic that we really share border with and Togo that is next to Benin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by showafrica(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
govomotors:
Beg for what, when they passed a law that makes it difficult for Nigerian to run a business in their country they felt the were untouchable.

After Buhari, the next president should continue on the same note. Nigeria go survive

Mr. President, please ban importation of petrol and generator. Our Refineries must work likewise NEPA (power).

I support you.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by adonaimart(m): 5:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
Nigerian govt said ship ur products through d ports abi u no hear dat one...
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by amadiwati(m): 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
sizer07:

Guy chuuuup...... knoku........ you have hit the nail right by it head gbam, but the major obstacles here in Nigeria is electricity and bad roads, if we get those two things to start with right, I tell you Nigeria will be the dubai of Africa, viz we have a land mass, population and a big market advantage. this are some of the evidence we all have seen now with the closure of the boarders. all those companies will open there head quarters here in Nigeria cuz this is where the market is, a very gigantic one that the hole of west Africa countries will be happy to patronise. $2m lost just in 2 month, Truth be told those countries cant do without Nigeria market. FG get a stable power supply fix major infrastructures like road and see how Nigeria will rise like a phenix from ashes and nips this night mare of unemployment and bad economy by the buds With massive industries trooping in from the 4 corners of the world. E easy to be the most populated African country in the world? We will rule Africa I tell you

Absolutely. Well said
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by greypencils: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
amadiwati:
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by greypencils: 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
tommykiwi:
Na Agberos DAT one go affect pass, na their brand.
it is all for the good of Nigeria. Kolaq Alagbo go sell, Kolaq alagbo go expand produce better factory, employ Nigerians. That's what Alomo bitters sited in Ghana can't do.
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by greypencils: 7:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
david22uu:
for once i am an IGBO man and i stand with Buhari with this border closure. If they cannot setup here, they should follow the right path
Thank You. If Buhari never did anything right, he did this one right. Let us grow our industries. Growing of industries is the only solution to unemployment. With this border closure, there is a lot of money to be made for Nigerians who are business minded.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by greypencils: 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
govomotors:
Beg for what, when they passed a law that makes it difficult for Nigerian to run a business in their country they felt the were untouchable.

After Buhari, the next president should continue on the same note. Nigeria go survive

Mr. President, please ban importation of petrol and generator. Our Refineries must work likewise NEPA (power). Na so bros, for once Nigeria dey make my head swell.

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by greypencils: 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
mikeapollo:

This govt.is a coward and a lazy lame duck.
Unfortunately, most Nigerians don't think deep enough so we praise govt.when they take some decisions without proper scrutiny.
Why cant the govt. close the ports and ban the importation of refined petroleum so our refineries can produce refined petroleum products and sell to the public! This is what they should do if they really mean business!
Closing the land borders is fighting the poor traders. They should close the sea ports as well, and let's see of the govt. can withstand the money-bags!
they can't stop importation of petroleum products until our refineries start operating more efficiently. Watch out for Dangote refinery. Once, it starts operation, there will be next to zero importation of petroleum products.
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by greypencils: 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2019
skukimania:
I won't lie, i am loving this border closure. But, can someone please tell me why Ghana is more affected by this than Benin republic that we really share border with and Togo that is next to Benin?
Ghana is forming economic growth based on the amount of money they make from Nigeria's consumption of made-in-Ghana products.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by ba7man(m): 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
Bizibi:
yes,i will still bring it into the country in the right and legitimate way and make profit.setting up a factory in Nigeria now is suicide.....
I guesd you're now smarter than the hundreds of multinational companies with real monies that have already invested millions of dollars in their factories here.

You with your N20,000 bank ballance. undecided
Re: Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars by Bizibi(m): 7:36am On Oct 24, 2019
ba7man:
I guesd you're now smarter than the hundreds of multinational companies with real monies that have already invested millions of dollars in their factories here.

You with your N20,000 bank ballance. undecided
if you know me,you will ask me if there is vacancy in my company.apc sycophant.....companies invested millions of dollars under this administration, laughable!!!!real funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Businesses To Be Taxed For Using Generators / Billionaire Woman Shares Throw Back Picture As Fans React (photo) / United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.