Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,764 members, 7,802,336 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment (2391 Views)

Keyamo, An Embarrassment To The Legal Profession - Atiku Campaign / COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani / Onnoghen: Osinbajo Is An Embarrassment, Should Be Stripped Of SAN Title - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by KingsCity: 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
Are you telling me that no one is ready to risk N50m to stand surety for a former presidential candidate?

Though that revolution rubbish was stewpid, I still expect his people to help him anyway.

You don't talk of revolution after you contested and lost the last presidential election! In a democracy, if you want to effect change of government, you have to wait till the next election!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2019
KingsCity:
Are you telling me that no one is ready to risk N50m to stand surety for a former presidential candidate?

Though that revolution rubbish was stewpid, I still expect his people to help him anyway.

You don't talk of revolution after you contested and lost the last presidential election! In a democracy, if you want to effect a change, you have to wait till the next election!
You are out of point sir. It's only in 3rd world countries that protest and revolution is called STEWPID!!!

He's a citizen of this country, he has every right to call for revolution!!!

What is Buhari afraid off Didn't he do worse

This government keeps losing respect on a daily basis!!!

Setting a trap all in the name of bail condition is absolutely rubbish sir!!!

14 Likes

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by KingsCity: 10:11pm On Oct 22, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

You are out of point sir. It's only in 3rd world countries that protest and revolution is called STEWPID!!!

No dear, my dictionary defines revolution as forcible overthrow of government. Revolution is like talking about violent change and I don't think any government will seat by and watch that happen

He could have named it any other thing but not revolution

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by slimfit1(m): 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
We Yoruba people are trying to please Buhari so thats why otherwise EFCC will begin to look for fault as usual.

4 Likes

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Guestlander: 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2019
KingsCity:

No dear, my dictionary defines revolution as forcible overthrow of government. Revolution is like talking about violent change and I don't think any government will seat by and watch that happen

Don't waste your time with people who are fueled by emotions and little common sense. Democracy doesn't include the right to forcefully change an elected government.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by netpro(m): 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

First REVOLUTION is not Peaceful Protest. Take note.

And Politicians who lost election should not turn around within few months to organise Revolution.

Sowore will be out. His current situation is just a teaching moment. Hope he learns.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by fykes(m): 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
Me don't think d money is d problem... The problem is the guy is an unstable xter. ( it's obviously genetic)
So no one wants to stand surety for such a bloke.
He may even jump bail and both u and ur money is in trouble...

Again, South west politicians... Don't want to associate with him so as not to seem to support his stance against buharis govt.

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by gloriaunobi(f): 10:46pm On Oct 22, 2019
I said it that he will languish and parish in prison and his people and supporters are not even ready to do anything

4 Likes

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by richie240: 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2019
gloriaunobi:
I said it that he will languish and parish in prison and his people and supporters are not even ready to do anything
Lolz.
U guys keep spamming d social media space with d same poo: "his ppl abandoned him".
Biko, answer D's simple questions:
1. Was d revolution in the interest of "his ppl" or a massage of his own political ego?
2. Which of "his ppl" did he consult (4 advice) b4 embarking on his revolution? Nnamdi KANU! Last time I checked, KANU has never hidden his bile and detest for d Yoruba's.

So, if from d onset, he showed blatantly DT he was Working in tandem with d avowed enemy of 'his ppl', so what's d fuss? Let nnamdi kanu's ipob whose (perennial) tactless advice he cherished and executed come to his aid!

Its beneath ur lots to tell yorubas what to do. Yorubas don't act on sentiments/emotion like u do just because 'he's my bloda'.
Biko, as a man lay his bed so does he lie on it

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Guestlander: 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
richie240:

Lolz.
U guys keep spamming d social media space with d same poo: "his ppl abandoned him".
1. Was d revolution in the interest of "his ppl" or a massage of his own political ego?
2. Which of "his ppl" did he consult (4 advice) b4 embarking on his revolution? Nnamdi KANU! Last time I checked, KANU has never hidden his bile and detest for d Yoruba's.

So, if from d onset, he showed blatantly DT he was Working in tandem with d avowed enemy of 'his ppl', so what's d fuss? Let nnamdi kanu's ipob whose (perennial) tactless advice he cherished and executed come to his aid!

Its beneath ur lots to tell yorubas what to do. Yorubas don't act on sentiments/emotion like u do just because 'he's my bloda'.

Don't mind them. Perhaps Nnamdi Kanu was "his people" he consulted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 23, 2019
richie240:

Lolz.

Well-said. How many times must it be repeated to Igbos that Yorubas are not clannish and lacking in morals as they are? Every decent Yoruba is an Omoluabi and this consideration promotes a strong and uncompromising sense of supporting what/who is right above what/who is wrong regardless of whose OX is gored - be it that of our brother or that of a Canadian or Togolese.

Yorubas would be first to bail Sowore, if they feel his cause is just, by paying any amount of money required. Yet we are not a people to side with or encourage wrongdoing openly. As mentioned earlier, you cannot pretend to be a democrat by day and then transform into a lawless anarchist at night. The Yorubas will not support or associate with such behaviour.

I really hope Sowore learns his lesson and quickly gets up to speed about who to associate with in Nigeria if he wants to be effective politically, i.e all adherents of democracy, and who to stay away from (IPOBians and anarchist Kanu) .

What was Sowore thinking 'bromancing' with Kanu after running as a Presidential candidate to then be cavorting with the leader of a proscribed secessionist group who preaches hate against non-Igbos and Nigeria 24/7? Kanu preaches against the existence of Nigeria and Sowore wants to lead her into a better future. In what world would/should the two be friends if both are not unprincipled desperados? Very dumb and desperate moves from Sowore Yorubas will interpret as the actions of someone craving power by any means !!!

Sowore's action is no different to a Police commissioner having Evans as a best friend and associating with him in public. That sort of behaviour insults the sensitivity of Nigerians and this is why Sowore has been abandoned today. He will need to learn quickly that Yorubas are not unprincipled and clannish like Igbos. We don't back our own blindly. Do the crime then you do the time. simple.

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Nobody: 1:56am On Oct 23, 2019
Guestlander:

Don't mind them. Perhaps Nnamdi Kanu was "his people" he consulted.

Indeed. Sowore took a pledge to be a democrat bound over to effect change through political office the minute he became a politician and officially contested to be President of Nigeria. What did he assume his bromance with Kanu and descent into anarchy, with hypocritical agitations of revolution immediately after losing an election, would do for his reputation amongst the egalitarian and highly-principled Yorubas?

Did he assume we would come out and fight for him publicly as we did for Abiola or even GEJ? Sowore needs to learn the difference between Yorubas and Igbos quickly and perhaps change ethnicity to become Igbo if he wants to enjoy the automatic support of an ethnic group who will back their own blindly whether right or wrong. He will never get such with Yorubas.
Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by iammo(m): 2:38am On Oct 23, 2019
cool

Isaac Fayose offered his land document in Abuja, and as the Judge said, a man of Sowore's caliber can produce 50 million bond since he funded a multimillion naira 2019 campaign.. Sowore is playing a dirty game and he seems to be winning.. Falana alone can drop 50 million as his charges are ridiculously high, with huge billionaire clietele

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Midas01: 6:20am On Oct 23, 2019
There is nothing wrong about a call of revolution and wether he lost an election doesn't make him unfit to call for a revolution.

Receive small sense. Sowore is more patriotic than all your present and past leaders combined.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Midas01: 6:25am On Oct 23, 2019
There is nothing wrong with a revolution. Buhari once called for a revolution but I guess your hypocrisy has blinded you on that.

Sowore described described that they were going to be peaceful and they were. If you think Nigeria doesn't need a revolution then all is not right with you.

I bet you even support the govt gunning down peaceful protesters.
KingsCity:

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by mrvitalis(m): 6:26am On Oct 23, 2019
KingsCity:

Buhari and tinubu have all called for revolution in the past

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Midas01: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2019
Was the revolution peaceful or not?
Did any protesters wield arms or cause civil unrest?

Where did you learn that a person who just lost an election is not qualified to call for a revolution?

Sowore has nothing to learn from this stupid arrest, he has faced worse and always came out more fierce and patriotic.

Rather it is your useless leaders that should learn good governance and how not to kill unarmed protesters.
netpro:

First REVOLUTION is not Peaceful Protest. Take note.

And Politicians who lost election should not turn around within few months to organise Revolution.

Sowore will be out. His current situation is just a teaching moment. Hope he learns.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Midas01: 6:32am On Oct 23, 2019
Sowore unstable? Lol, ever since the 80s he has been resolute in his quest for better governance and has risked his life for that course.

Ask yourself which other politician has ever done so for Nigeria.
fykes:
Me don't think d money is d problem... The problem is the guy is an unstable xter. ( it's obviously genetic)
So no one wants to stand surety for such a bloke.
He may even jump bail and both u and ur money is in trouble...

Again, South west politicians... Don't want to associate with him so as not to seem to support his stance against buharis govt.

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Anambralstson: 6:36am On Oct 23, 2019
KingsCity:

You don't talk of revolution after you contested and lost the last presidential election! In a democracy, if you want to effect a change, you have to wait till the next election!
Only ignorant ones says Igbos hate themselves

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by wingmanIII: 6:36am On Oct 23, 2019
Jeez! See all manner of excuses. Who do una dis strong thing? Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Chubhie: 6:49am On Oct 23, 2019
KingsCity:

Revolution is also defined as activity or movement designed to effect fundamental changes in the socioeconomic situation.

The youngman wasn't caught with arms nor a standing army in pursuit of social change. You have to first show proofs of his intended violent change before that tag can sail through.

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by netpro(m): 7:02am On Oct 23, 2019
Midas01:
Was the revolution peaceful or not?
Did any protesters wield arms or cause civil unrest?

Where did you learn that a person who just lost an election is not qualified to call for a revolution?

Sowore has nothing to learn from this stupid arrest, he has faced worse and always came out more fierce and patriotic.

Rather it is your useless leaders that should learn good governance and how not to kill unarmed protesters.

It is too early in the day to be wailing like this. Go do something productive today. Cheers!
Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 23, 2019
Na true words u talk.
Unless the person want to become real vagabond.
Last last, his kinsmen will seek out one of them who is doing well and mandate him to help out.

They don't wait for govt stipends to live life to the fullest.

The big general hospital in my town was started by age grade, built and equipped by the big men in my place. The only thing the governor did was to declare it open officially.

We don't wait for local govt to tar roads. Govt stories are too much.
One nigga might decide to tar the road leading to his place because of his grandmum. Another will do so because of one other reason. Nothing political.
During Xmas, u see big men killing cows to share among people, trucks of rice everywhere.
I love my people, walai kiss

We may be aggressively pursuing money( money answereth everything) because we use that to help ourselves as govt have been looking the other way.
What u obtain in the city is what u see in some villages.

Even without federal govt presence, we stand gidigbam kiss

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by fykes(m): 7:39am On Oct 23, 2019
Midas01:
Sowore unstable? Lol, ever since the 80s he has been resolute in his quest for better governance and has risked his life for that course.

Ask yourself which other politician has ever done so for Nigeria.
If someone who wants to be a president of a country through a democratic election only to turn around and want to forcefully overthrow his opponent in the election after losing is not unstable, then unstable has another meaning.
Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by seunmsg(m): 7:55am On Oct 23, 2019
slimfit1:
We Yoruba people are trying to please Buhari so thats why otherwise EFCC will begin to look for fault as usual.

You tiny ethnic rats should stop tribalising Sowore’s advocacy for good governance in Nigeria. Sowore’s fight is for all Nigerians and not the Yoruba people. Nnamdi Kanu’s struggle is for the Igbo people and opposition PDP so, it’s normal for those he’s fighting for to rise up and defend him when necessary.

Nigerians from all ethnic groups should unite and support Sowore in his fight against the political class. Let’s stop tribalising his struggle. PDP and APC elites are united in their effort to silence him, we need Nigerians to be united in the effort to secure his freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by slimfit1(m): 7:58am On Oct 23, 2019
seunmsg:

You tiny ethnic rats should stop tribalising Sowore’s advocacy for good governance in Nigeria. Sowore’s fight is for all Nigerians and not the Yoruba people. Nnamdi Kanu’s struggle is for the Igbo people and opposition PDP so, it’s normal for those he’s fighting for to rise up and defend him when necessary.

Nigerians from all ethnic groups should unite and support Sowore in his fight against the political class. Let’s stop tribalising his struggle. PDP and APC elites are united in their effort to silence him, we need Nigerians to be united in the effort to secure his freedom.

True but even the people he is fighting for don't care.

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Chubhie: 8:02am On Oct 23, 2019
slimfit1:
Anago people cannot do such~~~Femi-Fani Kayode
Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 23, 2019
fykes:

If someone who wants to be a president of a country through a democratic election only to turn around and want to forcefully overthrow his opponent in the election after losing is not unstable, then unstable has another meaning.

Thank you. The problem is that everything for some people is about denting the armour of the Yorubas who have now become a barometer for the best practices and behaviour in Nigeria. Some , like Reno Omocry, assume that if you bring up Kanu and Sowore bail comparison you somehow manage to make Yorubas look bad. This is the thinking of Reno and many respondents here.

The simple truth, supported by countless historical evidence, is that the Yorubas have never failed to support what/who they believe in passionately and with all they have. They also do not blindly support their wrongdoers either as others do. Sowore lost credibility with the Yorubas because of the point you made. Yorubas are the wrong people to expect to back lawless and hypocritical behaviour. They are intelligent enough to note that anyone contesting to be President is saying that he/she wants to transform Nigeria through the most powerful office in the land. When such a person then loses the election, we think they should try again and work harder as Buhari did many times. Tinubu shed blood and went to court a million times to rid the SW of the PDP. Aregbe won and became governor through the court. We all saw how Mrs. Ayoka Adebayo was kidnapped and forced to announce PDP winner in Ekiti to the detriment of ACN and Yorubas then. Tinubu and even the biggest loser, Fayemi, decided to march to court to reclaim the stolen mandate. They did not call for revolution or a destabilisation of Ekiti during those dark days.

We all doggedly marched behind Jagaban lawfully and patiently throughout that trying period. We should now become a lawless people in 2019 because Sowore lost an election and does not want accept the fact that Nigerians have democratically elected those they want to lead them and rejected him?

We never expected Sowore to create rebellion against the office he sought officially but could not gain the vote occupy. Yorubas , shunning Sowore, are simply telling him to be a democrat 24/7 and not when it suits him. Lose an election (GEJ 2015 loss) to then disturb Nigeria with IPOB/Biafra noise is how the lawless and immature Igbos roll. Never Yorubas and Sowore should get this distinction right before he misbehaves again and is jailed for life. Yorubas are the only ethnic group with the conviction and number to stay the course if they believe in a cause. Sowore should remember this before misbehaving in future to then assume we will back him.
Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:26am On Oct 23, 2019
Sowore's party is currently controlled my an igbo man, Dr Leonard Ezenwa.
Sowore met with Nnamdi Kanu
One of the places AAC had a governorship candidate was Port Harcourt
Yet he is fighting for Yoruba!!!

Una just like to dey compare unaself to us, ask yourselves why?

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by amaechi1: 8:28am On Oct 23, 2019
KingsCity:

You need not to be told. The fact is clear nobody as at today maybe tomorrow would want to be seen linked to that rubbish. He should have asked Nnamdi Kalu how far before making such shurd move.

1 Like

Re: Sowore's Case Is Becoming An Embarrassment by fykes(m): 9:01am On Oct 23, 2019
Oshigun:

Thank you. The problem is that everything for some people is about denting the armour of the Yorubas who have now become a barometer for the best practices and behaviour in Nigeria. Some , like Reno Omocry, assume that if you bring up Kanu and Sowore bail comparison you somehow manage to make Yorubas look bad. This is the thinking of Reno and many respondents here.

The simple truth, supported by countless historical evidence, is that the Yorubas have never failed to support what/who they believe in passionately and with all they have. They also do not blindly support their wrongdoers either as others do. Sowore lost credibility with the Yorubas because of the point you made. Yorubas are the wrong people to expect to back lawless and hypocritical behaviour. They are intelligent enough to note that anyone contesting to be President is saying that he/she wants to transform Nigeria through the most powerful office in the land. When such a person then loses the election, we think they should try again and work harder as Buhari did many times. Tinubu shed blood and went to court a million times to rid the SW of the PDP. Aregbe won and became governor through the court. We all saw how Mrs. Ayoka Adebayo was kidnapped and forced to announce PDP winner in Ekiti to the detriment of ACN and Yorubas then. Tinubu and even the biggest loser, Fayemi, decided to march to court to reclaim the stolen mandate. They did not call for revolution or a destabilisation of Ekiti during those dark days.

We all doggedly marched behind Jagaban lawfully and patiently throughout that trying period. We should now become a lawless people in 2019 because Sowore lost an election and does not want accept the fact that Nigerians have democratically elected those they want to lead them and rejected him?

We never expected Sowore to create rebellion against the office he sought officially but could not gain the vote occupy. Yorubas , shunning Sowore, are simply telling him to be a democrat 24/7 and not when it suits him. Lose an election (GEJ 2015 loss) to then disturb Nigeria with IPOB/Biafra noise is how the lawless and immature Igbos roll. Never Yorubas and Sowore should get this distinction right before he misbehaves again and is jailed for life. Yorubas are the only ethnic group with the conviction and number to stay the course if they believe in a cause. Sowore should remember this before misbehaving in future to then assume we will back him.

Pls the next time u quote me, don't bring tribalism or name calling. U can make ur points without speaking down on any tribe. U have to be a Nigerian to be either Yoruba, igbo or Hausa.
We are first Nigerians

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plateau Attacks: Fulani, Miyetti Allah Leaders Arrested, Whisked To Abuja / Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. / Aba: A Commercial City Of Sorrow, Forgotten, Abandoned By Her Own Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.