Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

The New MEND - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New MEND (1568 Views)

Ex-militants Expose Okah; He Cloned Mend’s E-mail / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New MEND by Beaf: 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2010

. . .
Now a new email address purports to offer journalists MEND statements, these poorly worded and with a different format — suggesting a new person has adopted Jomo Gbomo's identity.

"It would have to be one of their former lieutenants who knew how to take advantage of these communications to pick up where those guys left off," said Mark Schroeder, the director of sub-Saharan Africa analysis for the U.S. security think-tank STRATFOR.

Or it could be someone taking advantage of the power behind the group's name. Recent messages came from an email account previously not associated with MEND and did not offer any details about the attack Monday, such as how many people were taken hostage.

"All the abducted expatriates are well and in our safe custody," an email sent early Tuesday morning read. . .

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5h75tInaJxdemVnD_acc7HMMSPGLA?docId=5084784
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2010
It is also noted that the so called MEND that made the Zamfara bomb threats, spelt Niger Delta as Niger Delter. Even an illiterate Niger Deltan wouldn't make such a stup!d spelling error.

We be watching!
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2010
Whether New or Old; Real or Fake; they are all part of a very criminal axis of evil that must be rejected and denounced by all law abiding citizens of Nigeria otherwise we will not make progress.
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2010
krendo:

Whether New or Old; Real or Fake; they are all part of a very criminal axis of evil that must be rejected and denounced by all law abiding citizens of Nigeria otherwise we will not make progress.

A factor that transcends your words is where they really come from. Is the new MEND aboki or Niger Deltan?
Million Dollar, Ciroma type question. cool

Now a new email address purports to offer journalists MEND statements, these poorly worded and with a different format — suggesting a new person has adopted Jomo Gbomo's identity.

Even oyibo has sussed that this new MEND is fake.
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2010
Beaf:

A factor that transcends your words is where they really come from. Is the new MEND aboki or Niger Deltan?
Million Dollar, Ciroma type question. cool

Even oyibo has sussed that this new MEND is fake.

Are you saying the new MEND are criminals because they are possibly Aboki?  and the Old MEND are not because they come from the South?

I thought criminality is criminality no matter who the perpetrators are?

We are still talking about blowing up of Oil rigs, kidnapping, gun running, bombings is it not the same thing? what changed?

See how small minded and prejudiced you are Beaf? After you will have the temerity to call others tribalist and yet you suggest the same type of crimes are only criminal when committed by certain people?.

Sorry for Nigeria under GEJ, no wonder he has turned into Jomo Gbomo (MEND spokesman). Is this how ur people reason?
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2010
krendo:

Are you saying [size=14pt]the new MEND are criminals because they are possibly Aboki?[/size]  and the Old MEND are not because they come from the South?

We are still talking about blowing up of Oil rigs, kidnapping, gun running, bombings is it not the same thing? what changed?

See how small minded and prejudiced you are Beaf? After you will have the temerity to call others tribalist and yet you suggest the same type of crimes are only criminal when committed by certain people?.

Sorry for Nigeria under GEJ, no wonder he has turned into Jomo Gbomo (MEND spokesman). Is this how your people reason?

I like it when people answer their own questions! grin
MEND is the acronym for Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta. What would an aboki MEND mean? grin grin grin grin
What would be the aim of aboki's pretending to be "emancipating" the ND, whilst planting bombs in Zamafara in the name of the Niger Delt[size=14pt]er[/size]? shocked?
--Tough question. . . Beaf scratches head! grin--
Re: The New MEND by debosky(m): 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2010
Aboki MEND. ROLFMAO!!! grin grin
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2010
Beaf:

I like it when people answer their own questions! grin
MEND is the acronym for Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta. What would an aboki MEND mean? grin grin grin grin
What would be the aim of aboki's pretending to be "emancipating" the ND, whilst planting bombs in Zamafara in the name of the Niger Delter? shocked?
--Tough question. . . Beaf scratches head! grin--

Shame on you for sidestepping the real issue

You just told us Northern Thieves are thieves because they are Northerners while Southern Thieves can be spared because they are Southerners

Shame on you Beaf
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2010
Shame on you for sidestepping the real issue

You just told us Northern Thieves are thieves because they are Northerners while Southern Thieves can be spared because they are Southerners

Shame on you Beaf

Oh! You mean I started the topic, but you know the real issue? Damn! cheesy

Anyways, the real issue is; on the one hand, we have a fake MEND, complete with fake email address, who do not even know how to spell Niger Delta and operate in Zamfara; on the other hand, we have groups that have threatened to make the country ungovernable. The real issue, if you must know, is if the this new MEND ties in with the threats of Ciroma. In other words, is MEND now aboki? It is a very serious question that you are attempting to belittle.
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2010
same sheet, different email

kidnapping, sabotage, arson

i hope our resident crybaby noisemaker is not saying that boko harm freedom fighters found their way to the nd , blew up those pipelines and kidnapped those oil workers

meanwhile, what are the old mend doing? or they can't police their backyard ?
Re: The New MEND by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2010
roflmao!!!
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2010
krendo:

Are you saying the new MEND are criminals because they are possibly Aboki?  and the Old MEND are not because they come from the South?

Sorry for Nigeria under GEJ, no wonder he has turned into Jomo Gbomo (MEND spokesman). Is this how your people reason?

Hello krendo! Please lets look at my aboki / Ciroma hypothesis instead of going off on a tangent.

Do you remember when there were loud and ignorant arguments that Ben Jessy and Chima Orlu were fake? Well surprise! Surprise! henry Okah has both given witness in court as well as signed a sworn affidat to the effect that he knows both men! It would please you to know that both these bombers are not members of MEND (of course, they might be members of an aboki version though).
Re: The New MEND by Abagworo(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2010
@beaf.Watch what you say or if once again it is proven that it is not northerners then your credibility is dead.

I tend to believe that you people in Delta State are unaware of the level of militancy in Rivers State riverine areas.
Re: The New MEND by jason12345: 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2010
what is this GJ doing? look, as nigerians we should not take sides. this MEND is becoming a terrorist organisation that needs to be stopped!!!! i am actually thinking of changing my vote when i come to nigeria!!! haba! this mend need a strong fisted person not GJ. its like GJ honours them or he is scared of them. the north atleast arrested the boko harem people but GJ has not even made just one arrest, instead,he brings them to the presidencial villa after they detonated bombs on OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY!!! .

He needs to do something fast if not he will not win without rigging the election!!!

MEND is taking the piss with GJ!!!
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2010
The future of this country is clearly in danger if this is how the affairs of this country will be conducted.

Like Krendo said, condemning illegality no matter who the perpetrators are whether Northerners or Southerners should be a good starting point and the sought of things Beaf says sometimes makes you cringe.

It was very easy for Beaf to agree the other day that Osisikankwu is a common criminal but I doubt he will be willing to admit that Osisikankwu's boss Ateke Tom is as much a criminal. With an attitude like this we are simply all inviting confusion.

God help our country.
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2010
Abagworo:

@beaf.Watch what you say or if once again it is proven that it is not northerners then your credibility is dead.

I tend to believe that you people in Delta State are unaware of the level of militancy in Rivers State riverine areas.

Somewhere on this page, the word "hypothesis" is written.
You people keep talking about non-issues like personal "credibility" because you cannot engage in logical discussion.

What would you say about your own credibility? I recall you were one of the loudest making the claim that the SSS had faked the names, Chima Orlu and Ben Jessy, only for the man you suddenly love so much to make it known to the SA court that both Chima Orlu and Ben Jessy are his acquaintances.

Keep to the topic, defend your arguments (if you've got some) and forget about credibility, you will not do very well on that scale.
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2010
mikeansy:

The future of this country is clearly in danger if this is how the affairs of this country will be conducted.

Like Krendo said, condemning illegality no matter who the perpetrators are whether Northerners or Southerners should be a good starting point and the sought of things Beaf says sometimes makes you cringe.

It was very easy for Beaf to agree the other day that Osisikankwu is a common criminal but I doubt he will be willing to admit that Osisikankwu's boss Ateke Tom is as much a criminal. With an attitude like this we are simply all inviting confusion.

God help our country.

Ok, Ateke Tom is a criminal born off Odili's employment of thuggery.

Now where exactly does that live your personlised argument?
Dude, its a very lazy way of detracting from issue's in an argument that isn't going your way. Leave it to the less mentally able, you are well above that.
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2010
bewildering news from nta just now, that the welder who welded the compartment where the bombs where housed has been arrested, the welding was done in charles okah,s house in lagos
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2010
henry okah personally came in from south africa, for the warri bomb blast, he wired it himself shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
their goose is sure cooked!!!!
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2010
df2006:

henry okah personally came in from south africa, for the warri bomb blast, he wired it himself shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
their goose is sure cooked!!!!

[size=14pt]SSS blames Warri bombing on Okah [/size]
November 10, 2010 06:39PM

The State Security Service (SSS) said yesterday in Abuja that the perpetrators of the October 1 bombings are the same people who carried out a similar attack in Warri, Delta State, on March 15.

The spokesperson of the SSS, Marilyn Ogar, said Henry Okah, who is being tried in South Africa for terrorism, masterminded the earlier bombing at Warri during an amnesty conference last March. She said Mr. Okah owned the cars used in the blasts and on March 14 personally rigged them for use.

``Subsequently, on March 14, 2010, Okah departed the country, apparently to create an alibi for himself over the bombings that eventually took place the next day,`` she said.

Ms Ogar also announced the arrest of the car dealers who allegedly sold Mr okah's aides the cars used for the October 1 bombings in Abuja. The men were arrested from Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos. She said the welder who made the compartments used for housing the bombs in the cars, at the residence of one Charles Okah, in Lagos, had also been arrested.
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2010
^^^^

so can we safely assume that beaf who called me all sorts of names when i called mend terrorists for the warri bombings, is now eating his words cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2010
oyb:

^^^^

so can we safely assume that beaf who called me all sorts of names when i called mend terrorists for the warri bombings, is now eating his words cheesy cheesy cheesy

So Henry Okah = MEND to you?! Wonders! shocked
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2010
Beaf:

So Henry Okah = MEND to you?! Wonders! shocked

did your super sss not tell sa that okah is the leader of mend

or is your short term memory even more shot than you have led us to believe? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2010
oyb:

did your super sss not tell sa that okah is the leader of mend

or is your short term memory even more shot than you have led us to believe? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

They said the "former" leader. That single word makes a huge difference; there is a reason for past and present tenses, you need to comprehend them.
Even if he was a past leader of MEND, would that make him MEND? Olodo! shocked
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 10, 2010
if i post article beaf will start blathering the way he did yesterday - best to let him run naked in the marketplace as usual cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 10:43pm On Nov 10, 2010
oyb:

if i post article beaf will start blathering the way he did yesterday - best to let him run unclothed in the marketplace as usual cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thank you, run along now.
You have no contribution to make aside from wishing you were me; "this is what Beaf thinks, this is what Beaf said, yada ya!" Dude, there's a topic. You're obssessed.
Re: The New MEND by SapeleGuy: 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2010
Sensible people have already dismissed this circus. Even small pikin know say dis nah set up.

From security services that were unable to solve the murders of Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Onipede, Dipo Dino, Barnabas Igwe, Marshall Harry, Dikibo, Daramola etc etc.

We are supposed to believe all of a sudden that they can now catch the bombers in two weeks, what has changed. Abegi make I hear word.
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2010
^^^
so people sense no reach small pikin cry cry cry cry
Re: The New MEND by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Sensible people have already dismissed this circus. Even small pikin know say dis nah set up.

From security services that were unable to solve the murders of Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Onipede, Dipo Dino, Barnabas Igwe, Marshall Harry, Dikibo, Daramola etc etc.

We are supposed to believe all of a sudden that they can now catch the bombers in two weeks, what has changed. Abegi make I hear word.

Is Sapeleguy less of a Delta man for speaking the truth? NO

Some people think they must support anything and everything just because their kinsman is the President.

Nigeria belongs to us all, Jonathan will come and go?
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 11:55pm On Nov 10, 2010
krendo:

Is Sapeleguy less of a Delta man for speaking the truth? NO

Some people think they must support anything and everything just because their kinsman is the President.

Nigeria belongs to us all, Jonathan will come and go?

Can you answer the question I asked you? SapeleGuy has expressed his opinion, whats yours? I recall posting this for your attention:

Hello krendo! Please lets look at my aboki / Ciroma hypothesis instead of going off on a tangent.

Do you remember when there were loud and ignorant arguments that Ben Jessy and Chima Orlu were fake? Well surprise! Surprise! henry Okah has both given witness in court as well as signed a sworn affidat to the effect that he knows both men! It would please you to know that both these bombers are not members of MEND (of course, they might be members of an aboki version though).
Re: The New MEND by Abagworo(m): 12:07am On Nov 11, 2010
Beaf:

Start being realistic and be a man for once.Stand up to the truth.Chima Orlu and Ben Jessy are still yet to be arrested.Okah recognized the picture of the guy as a spy but not the name.
Re: The New MEND by Beaf: 12:38am On Nov 11, 2010
Abagworo:

Start being realistic and be a man for once.Stand up to the truth.Chima Orlu and Ben Jessy are still yet to be arrested.Okah recognized the picture of the guy as a spy but not the name.

I thought you were pontificating very loudly just a short time ago that, Chima Orlu and Ben Jessy were ficticious? Shock! Horror! They exist!

What you actually meant to say is that, both Okah and his wife recognised Chima Orlu as someone who had lived with them in SA. Okah has even sworn an affidavit to that effect, this was after his previous stringent denials of any knowledge of both men. Even more dramatic was Okahs "miraculous" revelation of Ben Jessy's telephone number in court! Shocking! Okah suddenly knows both men!

Anyways, Ernest Orlu, Chima's younger brother is behind bars with the SSS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Second Bomb Explodes In Church At Abuja / Greatest Nigeria! GEJ Banned From Travelling Out Of Nigeria / Orji Sets Up C’ttee To Revive Aba Textlile Mills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.