Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School (79190 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase / 7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by MartinsD12(m): 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
Sabaugo:
Am Dying In Silent! What Do I Do?

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation
You are very foolish, I have seen a mission boarding catholic school where teachers and computer operators are paid 15, 000 monthly you even got 45 k in this present day Nigeria you foolish too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by trumpcoat(m): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2019
[quote author=Florblu post=83383681]Why is she still holding grudges against you after deducting your salary?

Moreover, i think it's too early for you to demand for an increase in salary. Common, you have only worked for one week. Before taking the job, you have the option of negotiating to an amount you feel should be okay for you. I believe you were told the things you will be doing during the course of the interview and i expect you to have a knowledge of what the workload will look like already.

Put in more effort, create an impression you are indispensable and then you can demand for an increase.

You just spoke my mind
She even tried by accepting her back try it in Lagos you're gone forever
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by fireback: 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
Dear don't demand for increase again, just manage that one while you look for another one. That woman can only forgive you but she can never forget... you be like ''oju kokoro'' for her eye. And she will hardly trust you for anything... you too rush!!!
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Kakamorufu(m): 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2019
You asked for an increase too quick. sorry.
Quit or manage the pay like that dear
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by chubbyG(m): 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2019
Sabaugo:
Am Dying In Silent! What Do I Do?

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation

Nobody is talking about one year probation.
Your employer is slaving you.
How are we not sure before one year elapse you'll be sacked.
Sis start looking for another job.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Surulereman(m): 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2019
Too early to ask for salary increase. In the absence of an alternative job, make do with what yoi have. Put your best into it and shine like light. But bear in mind that that place is not and cannot be your final bus stop. Look out for other options, including saving up for self employment.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by edoairways: 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2019
MartinsD12:

You are very foolish, I have seen a mission boarding catholic school where teachers and computer operators are paid 15, 000 monthly you even got 45 k in this present day Nigeria you foolish too much
She is ungrateful. If she wasn't comfortable with the job she should have resign instead of asking for increment barely a week of resumption
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by MartinsD12(m): 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2019
edoairways:

She is ungrateful. If she wasn't comfortable with the job she should have resign instead of asking for increment barely a week of resumption
Imagine very lazy human being, 45k by missionary school and she is still making noise
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by LabDNA: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
delishpot:
She noticed that you lack passion for the job. She doesn't want to invest in someone who hates the job but just wants the money.

Shikena!
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Truthbites: 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2019
42,000 is a lot of money for a teacher in Buhari's regime.. manage it, I beg
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by may320: 7:00pm On Oct 24, 2019
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by may320: 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2019
chubbyG:
Nobody is talking about one year probation.
Your employer is slaving you.
My dear, it doesn't always follow like that o. Some people's probation can be up to a year too, you'll be observed for the first 6mths, if your work is satisfactory, they'll permanent it or extend the probation for a year if unsatisfactory.
The best bet is to put in your best and show commitment and passion for your job.
@Op messed up by not convincing the employer on why her salary should be raised through her diligence. She passed on a very wrong signal already, that she's not passionate about her job but after reward, it means she may lose that job anytime from now cos it's Blvd she can defraud steal or break her oath of confidentiality if at all she find an accomplice or partner in crime.
No employer will retain such fellow.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by chubbyG(m): 9:04pm On Oct 24, 2019
may320:

My dear, it doesn't always follow like that o. Some people's probation can be up to a year too, you'll be observed for the first 6mths, if your work is satisfactory, they'll permanent it or extend the probation for a year if unsatisfactory.
The best bet is to put in your best and show commitment and passion for your job.
@Op messed up by not convincing the employer on why her salary should be raised through her diligence. She passed on a very wrong signal already, that she's not passionate about her job but after reward, it means she may lose that job anytime from now cos it's Blvd she can defraud steal or break her oath of confidentiality if at all she find an accomplice or partner in crime.
No employer will retain such fellow.

6 months probation is slavery...

Op shouldn't have been in a hurry to make demands. Fine she made the mistake..
But her employer too is a SCAM.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by benchux(m): 9:12am On Oct 25, 2019
It is amazing how people didn't tell the young man the truth. And it looks like most people here have this sens of entitlement which is killing youths these days.

You just started working and one week after, you already asked for a raise. Who does that? You didn't sound like someone who was even grateful for getting the job. Graduates are being paid 30k, yes quote me, 30k in schools in many places including Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

You did not even wait for your probation period to expire and just one week, five days into the work, you already asked for a raise? What is wrong with us self. And everyone is castigating the Rev. Sister? I would sack you for doing same.

You should be working to prove your competence first of all. Let them see how good you are good at your job first and then wait for reward. If after your probation period, they don't increase your salary, then you have the right to ask for a raise. NOT AFTER WORKING FOR JUST FIVE DAYS. You started and in five days, you issued 4,000 tellers or what. Would you have issued tellers every day of the term? I believe this was just as a result of it being the beginning of the term. If you did this in 99% of companies, they would do the same thing, SACK YOU. You did not even act like the proverbial fowl who stands on one leg on just getting to a place new place.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by benchux(m): 9:29am On Oct 25, 2019
chubbyG:

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Ogabson: 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
@OP, I totally understand where u are coming from. My first day at work after 2 hours I went to the proprietor I told him I am resigning. It felt so hectic and gave that feeling of slavery. He was very understanding though and advised me to give it time it will get easier and it did.
So I am telling you same thing u have messed up but whether u want to keep messing up is totally up to you. Give it time and it will be as easy as ABC. Don't stop looking out for greener pasture though but note it is always greener on the othersode
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by may320: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
chubbyG:
Are you a foreigner? Don't you know
Nigerian employers like cheap labours and can come up with anything to achieve that. Except the expatriate, mostly British or American COYS in Nigeria, almost 95% of local/Chinese/Indian COYS are like that, except government establishment anyway.

The op messed up, no two way to that. She could have endured. There are lots of extra additional works theyll expect you to do that are not written in your job description. May God help us.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by sylvez(m): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2019
Well said, however you must understand that op is not looking for where to do charity work or where to donate, don;t let us leave the headache and start treating toothache.

Op is not Nigerian govt neither is she one of the wealthy in Nigeria.

Abeg, she's looking for survival which your Nigerian govt is not helping at all.

However, I'm yet to hear from the Rev Sister...

Has anyone heard from her?

I still don't want to comment until i hear from the Rev Sister.

uuzba:

I don't know what you guys expect.
You have to understand what missionary means.

It is now our Nigerian duty to pay all the salaries, other monies needed to run the school.
The Reverend sister there running that place HAS NO MORE CONNECTION WITH UK. She is looking for money to run the school.
Nigerian Governments have not supported the schools. Instead they send double/triple number of students there to over populate the place and run down all the facilities.

This place is for DONATING MONEY. Without Donated Money, the place will TOTALLY collapse. There would be no more education for the poor children.

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by pmoye(m): 10:13am On Apr 21, 2020
Hello.
Do you have a brochure or some kind of catalogue that can provide me with information about your solar plans?
Thanks in advance.

RenHub:

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.