Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,129 members, 7,807,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Disco, Funk, Afropop Scene In Lagos In The Late 70's, Early 80's ! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Disco, Funk, Afropop Scene In Lagos In The Late 70's, Early 80's ! (425 Views)

80-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Demonstrates How To Disarm A Thief (Photos) / "Killer Herdsmen Are Like Nigerians": Pastor Shares Accident Scene Experience / In Loving Memory Of The Late King Of Ijebu Igbo Oba Alyeluwa Joel Sowumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Disco, Funk, Afropop Scene In Lagos In The Late 70's, Early 80's ! by Yzric(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2019
Hello, I am an architecture student living in Paris and I need to do some research on Lagos' musical scene during the early 80's, I'd like to know where the popular clubs were, or where the music studios were located, etc. I have to bring together pictures of people dancing by night, have some documents on Peter Abdul, Steve Monite, Oby Onyioha, etc. What inspired me to do this research is of course the Doing It In Lagos mixtape which was released in 2016.
Sadly I can't find much on the internet, there aren't any interviews and so on..
If there is any fan of this era on this board who has some information to share, or even knows someone who experienced this era it would be amazing !
If you want to contact me I can give you my email address.
Re: Disco, Funk, Afropop Scene In Lagos In The Late 70's, Early 80's ! by Cousin9999: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2019
Actually, no. You seem white.

(1) (Reply)

If You Proud Of Naija You Need This Product / Young Africans Now Taking Over The Chinese Culture / Cell Renewal And Regeneration Pills For Optimal Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.