Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested (59998 Views)

Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed / How I Found Out My Student Was My Nursery School Teacher –lecturer / Student Was Bullied For Putting Same Clothes, His Classmates Contributed Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by ogahomale: 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Made4naijalove:
Lalasticlala
I have not seen that guy for a while
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by tommenoh(m): 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
sirqeeboi:
I was traveling and a radio station reporting the incident (fresh station ogun state)
Was irritated the way he reporting it like it was real..
There lies my annoyance with these media people. This is a story here in your nook of the country, yet it's rocket science, to dig for clear facts from those on the ground before reporting fallacies! Fake news are made to fly fast, because cases of libels, are far in between. Else, stories would be verified, before rushing to pronounce them.
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2019
ednut1:
For students of a prestigious uni to believe in mermaid says alot about us as a people
Prestigious indeed
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by jaxxy(m): 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
So she was arrested for just threatening a fellow student? Is that how efficient and concerned Unilag security is?? Ok
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
she was even arrested by the police... what were the charges, if i may ask?!

Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Halo22: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
It's possible the girl has some link with alpha beach mermaid.
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by 12inchDickson: 10:40pm On Oct 23, 2019
ednut1:
For students of a prestigious uni to believe in mermaid says alot about us as a people
I am an engineer, mermaids exist.
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Maddogmax: 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
gypsey:
Mermaid my butt, And the dumb Nigerian police felt the need to Arrest a so called mermaid.

Nigeria is a shithole.
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by lanreni: 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
[quote author=deepwater post=83401326]I listened to the background chats on the amateur video that was released.
The voices of the ladies from the University of Lagos, their diction, understanding and use of English language, sense of reasoning, their mental state and state of mind et al.....

University of Lagos has no substance to offer.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Funny enough, the mermaid girl happens to be the only sensible person in that school.
She is fully aware of her local environment and has got the required skills set to excel in Nigeria which is FEAR.
Just like every-other god of men would do to their sheeples at church, and politicians have done to their followers during election periods; she cast the fear factor on her peers at the University Hall, it worked like magic the school went agog!

This is a story of a girl of which her mates tried to shame her for not bathing twice in a day like they did to Tacha live on TV. Unfortunately, this one is far wiser than Tacha. They say tables do turn, well that is not the issue, the issue is in what direction?
She dropped the joke real fast on all of them, reminding them washing her feet every night without bathing was not ordinary - well, when you tell an average Nigeria your actions are not ordinary they fear and respect you immediately.

I am happy nobody will toil with her or shame her for not bathing twice any more. She has her respect now. Everyone would give her the required space.

Argue with the closed border, please.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Agugbadin: 2:08am On Oct 24, 2019
It is a big shame to have this coming out of a university, can such rumors or deformation of character come from Oxford, MIT, Princeton, Harvard, University of London to mention but a few. This actually depicts the kind of future leaders we are grooming.
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Agugbadin: 2:11am On Oct 24, 2019
nwamabo247:
How can someone turn to such

Nigerian Universities are degree and diploma mills
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Agugbadin: 2:16am On Oct 24, 2019
thelastorca:

its a fking shame.

no difference between students in an ivory tower and stark village illiterates

Very common in the West, they are very good at deformation of character and branding people bad names
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Nobody: 2:39am On Oct 24, 2019
Agugbadin:

Very common in the West, they are very good at deformation of character and branding people bad names

Wow, a survivor of the Anambra fire here to run its mouth tongue
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Nobody: 2:39am On Oct 24, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
she was even arrested by the police... what were the charges, if i may ask?!

Impersonating a mammy water
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by 9jaRealist: 4:52am On Oct 24, 2019
SUPERSTITIOUS ZOO! angry

And these ones are the supposedly “educated” ones! SMH

>
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by 9jaRealist: 4:56am On Oct 24, 2019
12inchDickson:
I am an engineer, mermaids exist.

grin grin grin

Tragic comedy...
>
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by bluefilm: 7:13am On Oct 24, 2019
UNILAG again?

Na wa o!
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Essential(m): 7:42am On Oct 24, 2019
Yeye dey smell for unilag and their stupid drama. This what happen when student spend more a month watching and talking about BBnaija. Abeg uniben all the way for excellent.
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Barzinime(m): 9:14am On Oct 24, 2019
I dislike when derogatory terms are used on the country...like saying shithole cos an american said it(majority are still slaves) and even if the police took her, does that mean it was an arrest? Do you know maybe they were trying to save her from unforeseen attacks by fellow students. undecided
You people always feel you are smarter than the people in the system, yet they are in the system and you guys are not.
bbstarr:

Try to get your facts right before using derogatory words on a fellow human being. The lady was arrested today by policemen.
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Barzinime(m): 12:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
What i will like to tell you is stop cursing your own country?
Trump that said that to yours will never say that to his, even if some Americans dont like him.
gypsey:
Thank you! Anything else reasonable you would like to Add?
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
Barzinime:
What i will like to tell you is stop cursing your own country?
Trump that said that to yours will never say that to his, even if some Americans dont like him.
Which my own country? You think i was born in Nigeria? grin grin what a wrong conclusion..

Nigeria is still a shithole.

And oh! I like Trump.
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by calliope(f): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
Eyewitnesses you say, yet no single viable photo nor video to buttress this outrageous claims? In this time and age, where anyone could capture these sort of things on camera and post them on the internet for clout. These children abi na students rather chose to explain to us how it
all happened. Really?? undecidedThey must think, we're a joke to believe this trash of a story.
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by 12inchDickson: 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2019
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

Tragic comedy...
>
mermaids exist, however I am not saying the unilag babe is a mermaid. To Burress my point I have had an encounter with two supposed ómo omi..
Re: UNILAG Mermaid: Eyewitness Explains Why Rumored Mermaid Student Was Arrested by Barzinime(m): 8:56am On Oct 25, 2019
Then you shouldnt talk about Nigeria if it isnt your country, dont poke nose into our affairs.
Go get a bricklaying job at the mexican border wall site.
gypsey:
Which my own country? You think i was born in Nigeria? grin grin what a wrong conclusion..

Nigeria is still a shithole.

And oh! I like Trump.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“I Wore This To School & My Lecturer Called Me A Tout” – Lady (photo) / Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics / Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.