Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Getting A Degree, Is It A Guarantee Of Been Rich In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Getting A Degree, Is It A Guarantee Of Been Rich In Nigeria? (456 Views)

Do I Need A Degree To Become An HMO Officer? / How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria / 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Degree, Is It A Guarantee Of Been Rich In Nigeria? by Cashincomes(m): 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2019
University is now overrated especially in Nigeria. There, I aforementioned one thing you’ve most likely suspected since you were in high school and should have confirmed many years once you entered the manpower trying to obtain a degree.

You probably understand many of us who excelled in school and may barely string along a cohesive thought. And you most likely understand several productive folks that ne’er visited school, barely created it through school, or add a field unrelated to their degree.

For examples, as a degree holder who loves Mercedes bens (GLK) which is sold range of 6 to 8million depending on the seller and market exchange.

Simple Mathematics

A degree holder salary= 60,000 naira monthly which is very and preciously had to find job with such salary and you have some girl friends for ( singles) and have intention to enjoy life. Let’s take for instance you save 30,000 naira from your salary monthly which is very hard in Nigeria.

N30,000 X 12 months i.e A year = N360,000 naira

Too bad not even up to 500 hundred thousands for a whole year, and that will make you to automatically delete Mercedes talk more Benz and guess what?

is GLK which turns to legedis !!

You nearly get a tricycles with the above amount, not to talk of unforeseen expenses,won’t you eat at the working place and some miscellaneous expense

Then come to think of the married once , that’s when “I do” becomes ‘we owe” whereas you never asked yourself what happens to my earning and debt once I get married?

Got me thinking,

You Don’t, would like a school degree
A college degree is solely a certification. In basic terms, a degree is solely a chunk of paper certifying you met an exact level of scholastic action. however what happens within the room doesn’t forever translate into the important world.

university degrees don’t forever pay well or guarantee riches but learning a skill today pays well.
Re: Getting A Degree, Is It A Guarantee Of Been Rich In Nigeria? by etrange: 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2019
No, it's not. But, at least, it would help you know the difference between "been" and "being". smiley

1 Like

Re: Getting A Degree, Is It A Guarantee Of Been Rich In Nigeria? by cardoso222: 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
NO
Re: Getting A Degree, Is It A Guarantee Of Been Rich In Nigeria? by Roysnickz: 12:26am On Oct 24, 2019
Cashincomes:
University is now overrated especially in Nigeria. There, I aforementioned one thing you’ve most likely suspected since you were in high school and should have confirmed many years once you entered the manpower trying to obtain a degree.

You probably understand many of us who excelled in school and may barely string along a cohesive thought. And you most likely understand several productive folks that ne’er visited school, barely created it through school, or add a field unrelated to their degree.

For examples, as a degree holder who loves Mercedes bens (GLK) which is sold range of 6 to 8million depending on the seller and market exchange.

Simple Mathematics

A degree holder salary= 60,000 naira monthly which is very and preciously had to find job with such salary and you have some girl friends for ( singles) and have intention to enjoy life. Let’s take for instance you save 30,000 naira from your salary monthly which is very hard in Nigeria.

Too bad not even up to 500 hundred thousands for a whole year, and that will make you to automatically delete Mercedes talk more Benz and guess what?

You nearly get a tricycles with the above amount, not to talk of unforeseen expenses,won’t you eat at the working place and some miscellaneous expense

Then come to think of the married once , that’s when “I do” becomes ‘we owe” whereas you never asked yourself what happens to my earning and debt once I get married?

Got me thinking,

A college degree is solely a certification. In basic terms, a degree is solely a chunk of paper certifying you met an exact level of scholastic action. however what happens within the room doesn’t forever translate into the important world.

university degrees don’t forever pay well or guarantee riches but learning a skill today pays well.

Continue reading http://www.audiomoney.com.ng/getting-a-degree-is-it-a-guarantee-of-been-rich-in-nigeria/59/23/
. I think sometimes you guys just want to delve into unnecessary unnecessary argument. Not sure the exact aim you want to achieve with this piece. Let nairalanders know you also went to the university, rubbish the Nigerian education system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Degree, Is It A Guarantee Of Been Rich In Nigeria? by Roysnickz: 12:45am On Oct 24, 2019
Cashincomes:

Simple Mathematics

Got me thinking,

Continue reading http://www.audiomoney.com.ng/getting-a-degree-is-it-a-guarantee-of-been-rich-in-nigeria/59/23/
. I think sometimes you guys just want to delve into unnecessary unnecessary argument. Not sure the exact aim you want to achieve with this piece. Let nairalanders know you also went to the university, rubbish the Nigerian education system or discourage the younger ones from taking their studies serious. For your information, a university degree any where in the world has never, is never and will never guarantee riches. It's not just in Nigeria. You can't name any country in the world where professors are their riches citizens. Equating university degrees to financial success is a very wrong concept which we should not be happy to pass to the younger ones. The university is supposed to impact certain knowledge and skills in to you. That you actually and diligently too acquired those while in the university is a different thing and up to you. Also, What you go there and do with the acquired skills is again up to you. Don't forget that those skills could also be acquired and utilize out side of the university.
Re: Getting A Degree, Is It A Guarantee Of Been Rich In Nigeria? by OiOi: 1:30am On Oct 24, 2019
etrange:
No, it's not. But, at least, it would help you know the difference in "been" and "being". smiley
it will help you know the difference between
Re: Getting A Degree, Is It A Guarantee Of Been Rich In Nigeria? by etrange: 11:55am On Oct 24, 2019
OiOi:

It will help you know the difference between

Lmao... I'm so embarrassed now.

(1) (Reply)

Is Success A Product Of Hard Work Or Imagination? / Invitation For Interview / How Did You Produce Structural Drawing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.