Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,521 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others (50934 Views)

Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by naijadrivablog: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
Products from those areas will no be expensive here. Make Keke Napep no reach N1m.
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by TheDestroyer: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
Mehn, Giant of Africa is finally waking up to its full strength and potential. Even though I don't agree with buhari because of his failure in security, I say a big THANK YOU FOR SHUTTING THE FVCKING BORDERS. And one more thing, those banku-eating morons need to pay up. We need our money back.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by ABCthings: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Goldenheart(m): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
wink
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by sulaak(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

No one is disputing that fact. What I mean is the Nigerian comsumers. The government did the right but it's hitting hard on us consumers too. No need to pretend here. I will miss those rice

Man shall not live on bread alone.....Matthew 4:4. Nigerians consumers can also eat Garri and Yam.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by toxicbrain: 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Interesting
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Icebreeze(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Jeezuzpick:
So the latest news is that our border closure is creating a global butterfly effect.

Asian countries are now being hit hard.

India?

Thailand?

If we're buying so much rice, what percentage of the rice we're consuming are we really producing locally?

I wonder o
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
mjaylala:
#borderclosure it's the best policy Buhari regime has made so far..... Nigeria can't be a dumping ground for all. Na south Africa I dy wait for to start complain that one go sweet me die grin

Standard Chartered is a Bank.

MTN and DSTV are collecting cash direct for services.

Shoprite is mainly stocking finished goods.

How would SA be affected when we don't even share land borders?

Those goons will keep balling with our money, Bro.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by HoldenCaulfield(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
B
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by HappyPagan: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Honor10:
And this news they sweet my belle, one of the time u are proud to be a nigerian.

God bless Nigeria
Proud of what exactly?
Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

No one is disputing that fact. What I mean is the Nigerian comsumers. The government did the right but it's hitting hard on us consumers too. No need to pretend here. I will miss those rice

try and be patriotic for once, America is a great country because the average American will always choose the American product over imported even when the foreign one is better. Must you eat rice?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by GreenArrow1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

Abeg what's so difficult for Nigeria farmers to get a better seed from wherever they can, plant here, parboil and give us good rice? Everything na rocket science for naija.

Imagine using local rice to make fried rice, lol

A lot of you are really ignorant fah (No insult intended). So you are not aware of Nigerian stone-free rice which is just like foreign rice? You can use that to make fried rice and it'll come out just fine.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by F117nighthawk: 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
Afamed:

My brother no pain no gain. If ordinary foods items( Rice and Chicken) at this 21century, we are still relying on importation, then I think our existence as a nation is threaten.
Absolutely correct

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by mjaylala(m): 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

Standard Chartered is a Bank.

MTN and DSTV are collecting cash direct for services.

Shoprite is mainly stocking finished goods.

How would SA be affected when we don't even share land borders?

Those goons will keep balling with our money, Bro.
And we share land border with Thailand abi?!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by voltron14: 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

Abeg what's so difficult for Nigeria farmers to get a better seed from wherever they can, plant here, parboil and give us good rice? Everything na rocket science for naija.

Continue waiting for someone else to do it for you.

While you are at it, maybe someone should be fitting your shoes and combing your hair for you your highness?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
Afamed:

it only hits hard on the smugglers in Nigeria. Genuine investors are smiling to the banks
they are smiling to the bank by increasing price from 15k to 50k abi?
Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by omenka(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

Ebonyi produces very good rice and so does Nasarawa. The problem isnt the grain, it is the processing. That is where we need to improve on, in addition to our farmers' output.

I am a bit sceptical about this report though. The decline in prices may be due to some other extraneous factors and not our border closure. I feel we dont consume that much from them to have impacted their local prices with our action.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by djon78(m): 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Na only people only people that doesn't understand global business that will be criticising this border closure.

Buhari got it right.
Honestly its good to be a strong and tough leader
Let's start focusing on made in Nigeria products
It will attract many players
Competition will cause indigenous companies to innovate and improve
Improved products can compete in international markets
We export
Gets better for Nigeria

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by emerged01(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
okeyumez:
Big countries adopted this measure before they became strong Nations
Let us make sacrifices now and build our nation and stop lamenting
Buhari is right this time
Let the idiotic, hypocritical Igbos keep lamenting
Nigeria must get better
You are right my brother. We can’t continue to rely on other countries for food and other things that we have the resources to produce.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by govomotors: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
Breeze don blow! Fowl yash do open

We close our border not that we ban their produce/product so while are they crying. Why were they shipping their goods through Benin and not directly to Nigeria. If they prefer shipping through Benin, they better sell their products in Benin and not Nigeria.

I am bitter here because, I know the frustration I go through selling my cars ship through Apapa, those bring theirs through land border will not pay duty and they will offer the amount for duty as discount to buyers. This makes buys believe we hike our prices.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Clean2016: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

Leave rice and gave yam. It's presently very cheap

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by tot(f): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
voltron14:

Continue waiting for someone else to do it for you.

While you are at it, maybe someone should be fitting your shoes and combing your hair for you your highness?

cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
mjaylala:

And we share land border with Thailand abi?!

Those are rice producers, who ship to Nigeria's neighbouring countries.

What food is SA producing that we are consuming?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by bizhop01: 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
Thailand and Malaysia major rice supplies in Nigeria,
Government should do the right thing by investing more in agricultural sector, because limited supply of rice equal to consumers suffering.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by gotnel: 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

Bear the hitches for now, it will pay off at the end.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
govomotors:
Breeze don blow! Fowl yash do open

We close our border not that we ban their produce/product so while are they crying. Why were they shipping their goods through Benin and not directly to Nigeria. If they prefer shipping through Benin, they better sell their products in Benin and not Nigeria.

I am bitter here because, I know the frustration I go through selling my cars ship through Apapa, those bring theirs through land border will not pay duty and they will offer the amount for duty as discount to buyers. This makes buys believe we hike our prices.

No decent buyer will ever think that, bro.....those buying smuggled cars risk being dealt with by Customs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by djon78(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
odave:

Start training your taste buds to made in Nigeria rice then.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2019
The Buhari led government did very well with this border closure. I am proud for once smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by Dbeautyy(m): 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2019
It's a good development, but the truth is that some of these our so called rice does not really weighs 50kg. Went to a seller and met some other people there who felt like turning the Nigeria rice into another bag ( imported rice bag). Lo, and behold... will our 50kg really be 50kg? Because as far as I can remember then, all those sahcet beverages started with 30g suddenly, things began to happen to each and everyone of them. Today only God know what they still look like. I may say it doesn't concern me probably because I can just get a refill sachet type but the truth still remains we the problem of ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others by AlphaStyles(m): 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2019
U all are smiling right don't worry u will start seeing the effects of border closure very soon keep laughing when border closure starts biting u it won't be funny any more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Handicapped Man Blocks Police Van, Demands Release Of Arrested Protesters: Video / Arumodum Julius Akoi, INEC Ad-Hoc Staff Shot Dead By Thugs In Rivers / See What Patrick Obahiagbon Said After The Inauguration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.