Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department (20948 Views)

Can You Guess The Department? / Class Of .94 Pharmacy Uniben Gives Back To The Department 25years Later. / Meet The Overall Best Graduating Student In The Department Of Nursing Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Anonymous19: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2019
Good afternoon, everyone.

I'm facing a challenge that I've been racking my brain to find a solution, but I still don't know what to do. I will be happy to get some help here.

I got admission into a Federal Polytechnic in 2014, and started the programme with so much excitement. I was told that the school was tough for students, especially for those in my department, so I was ready for whatever would come my way.

During the 2-year degree, I put in efforts and was one of the best students in the department. Most of the lecturers knew me as one that always scored high marks in their tests and departments. It's important I state this.

The problem came during my final semester when my project supervisor started making demands for financial settlement. I was very low on cash that period and didn't even want to give it cos I felt I could get a decent result with my efforts, so I confided in a lecturer friend who took it upon himself to talk to his fellow lecturer.

When he approached my supervisor on a one-to-one basis, my supervisor flared up, denying ever making such a request. He eventually declined to be my supervisor, and reported the matter to the HOD.

Now, the thing is, my HOD came from the same region as that my supervisor and that already made things difficult because of the sentiments. I was summoned and made to apologise to the supervisor. It took a lot of begging to get him to be my supervisor again as the HOD refused transferring me to any other lecturer for supervision. It was either that lecturer or no one else.

I finally did all that had to be done and left school, awaiting my final results. When it was released, that lecturer gave me Ds in his two courses and gave me D in project. Most of my classmates couldn't believe it cos I usually topped the class. Even though I would have hit distinction if I was given the grades I deserved, my final CGPA when it was checked was 3.29.

Now, here is the issue. I've been trying to collect my result so I can further my education but all efforts have proved abortive. The first shocker is that my result suddenly could not be found in the department. That was strange because the implication there is that I never graduated.

Someone decided to help me check from the Polytechnic's Admin complex and my result was also no where to be found. It means my result was never transmitted to the Exam and Records office from my department.

Now, I'm getting asked if I ever attended school. All indicators keep pointing to that lecturer and the HOD as thos behind my ordeal. I'm even shocked at how far people can go to ruin other people just because they wouldn't bend to their desires. That's two years of my life that's about to be wiped off!!!

I need advice on what to do. Some people are asking that I should let it go but I have decided to fight this matter from all possible fronts. Funny thing now is that, I'm about to forfeit an admission I got this year because I can't get my ND results. I need help, please.

Modified: Mod, I could do with as many suggestions as possible. Thanks

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by bremo(m): 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
What's the name of the Polythechnic you attended?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by bremo(m): 3:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
If you have your admission letter and notification of result given after your final exam or any other documents to prove your admission and receipt for your school fees paid during the period, its a good one to start with.
Some of these lecturers are frustrated already and they don't want any other to progress. Some of them are in the habit of selling good results out to highest bidder for financial gain. Engage a very good lawyer that will sue them as long as you have your proof that yoiu were given admission and finished from same.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by deltateam: 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
This is insane. I must say if true. This has to stop. Op I hope you didn't insult the lecturer in any way?
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Anonymous19: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2019
bremo:
If you have your admission letter and notification of result given after your final exam or any other documents to prove your admission and receipt for your school fees paid during the period, its a good one to start with.
Some of these lecturers are frustrated already and they don't want any other to progress. Some of them are in the habit of selling good results out to highest bidder for financial gain. Engage a very good lawyer that will sue them as long as you have your proof that yoiu were given admission and finished from same.

I attended Federal Polytechnic Bida, Niger State.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Anonymous19: 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
deltateam:
This is insane. I must say if true. This has to stop. Op I hope you didn't insult the lecturer in any way?

Insult? I never insulted any of those lecturers. I was well behaved all through my period of schooling and avoided trouble with anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by emerged01(m): 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
Chai!
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Fuckthamods: 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
Is there any lecturer you refused sex?
Let's start from there..

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by StrikeBack(m): 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
cool

How much is Jamb form Now?

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Kendumazy(m): 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
It's high time government declare such kind of issue as a criminal act and treated as such after it must have been investigated and confirmed that the lecturer is guilty. My children has alot to learn from me mheen! I go dey tell them say, school is not only the way to be successful in life. There are other good ways too. May God help you OP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by QualityWek2: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
Wow I wanted to advertise and mind my business but I'm shocked at this wickedness of man

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by BarrElChapo(m): 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
OP pls if you can articulate all your facts and evidence right pls head straight to Twitter that's your best bet for it to go viral and heat up that school and department.. Goodluck

39 Likes

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Freemanbobble: 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
See injustice

If this guy buy better gun take fall the supervisor and the Hod na
People go dey insult their killer but them nor know wetin happen

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by uchman48(m): 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
My dear, report to the Rector of your school. I know there are two sides to a story. But the fact of them withholding your result is sheer wickedness. How much are you going to give them that will be enough for their entire life.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by alphaNomega: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
Some people are only alive because murder is illegal! Imagine the ordeal they are putting this young man through.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Alvin212(m): 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
I get

Sniper

Incase you want to commit
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by thundafire: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
Fast for them 3 days and see wat will happen some of dey useless lecturers will give der kids to mark or babes in dat process y wouldn't it miss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by danot1030: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
M
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Social media is the court of the common man in Nigeria.

Take your facts to Twitter and tag people like Segalink, Ruggedman and other activists.

Make sure your include the name of your school, the department, the lecturer and the HOD.

Include their photos if you can get them too.

If you want, you could come back here on Nairaland and inform us so we can help you retweet and comment.

I'll need to give you this very crucial warning if you're taking this option:

Reveal every information I typed up there without holding anything back.

At this moment, you have nothing to lose since you've lost already and are still losing. So, you'll be on your own if you hold anything back.

If they didn't pity you or consider your future while they took those steps, you shouldn't think about theirs or pity them too.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Maniashow: 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Post it and copy those influencers on Twitter.. They will escalate the matter...Meanwhile get all your important documents ready

3 Likes

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by ugo4u: 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Go to Twitter tag segalinks and the Greatl oracle. Thank me later

4 Likes

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by kheny12(m): 7:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
Alvin212:
I get

Sniper

Incase you want to commit
pls be reasonable for once,person dey find his result and you are here mocking him.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by demoBaba: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Where are you now?
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by cooltola(m): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Go into prayer. Keep your evidence that you attended that school and leave the rest to God.

7 Likes

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by roqrules04(m): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Take this post to Twitter and tag Segalink. You can also tag influences too.. And also send to Instablog. It might help

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by Mays24(f): 7:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
You're still forming anonymous, don't let all the time, resources and energy you have used go down the drain.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by ibrahim286(m): 7:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
Anonymous19:

I attended Federal Polytechnic Bida, Niger State.

angry angry
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by bixton(m): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
Anonymous19:
Good afternoon, everyone.

I'm facing a challenge that I've been racking my brain to find a solution, but I still don't know what to do. I will be happy to get some help here.

I got admission into a Federal Polytechnic in 2014, and started the programme with so much excitement. I was told that the school was tough for students, especially for those in my department, so I was ready for whatever would come my way.

During the 2-year degree, I put in efforts and was one of the best students in the department. Most of the lecturers knew me as one that always scored high marks in their tests and departments. It's important I state this.

The problem came during my final semester when my project supervisor started making demands for financial settlement. I was very low on cash that period and didn't even want to give it cos I felt I could get a decent result with my efforts, so I confided in a lecturer friend who took it upon himself to talk to his fellow lecturer.

When he approached my supervisor on a one-to-one basis, my supervisor flared up, denying ever making such a request. He eventually declined to be my supervisor, and reported the matter to the HOD.

Now, the thing is, my HOD came from the same region as that my supervisor and that already made things difficult because of the sentiments. I was summoned and made to apologise to the supervisor. It took a lot of begging to get him to be my supervisor again as the HOD refused transferring me to any other lecturer for supervision. It was either that lecturer or no one else.

I finally did all that had to be done and left school, awaiting my final results. When it was released, that lecturer gave me Ds in his two courses and gave me D in project. Most of my classmates couldn't believe it cos I usually topped the class. Even though I would have hit distinction if I was given the grades I deserved, my final CGPA when it was checked was 3.29.

Now, here is the issue. I've been trying to collect my result so I can further my education but all efforts have proved abortive. The first shocker is that my result suddenly could not be found in the department. That was strange because the implication there is that I never graduated.

Someone decided to help me check from the Polytechnic's Admin complex and my result was also no where to be found. It means my result was never transmitted to the Exam and Records office from my department.

Now, I'm getting asked if I ever attended school. All indicators keep pointing to that lecturer and the HOD as thos behind my ordeal. I'm even shocked at how far people can go to ruin other people just because they wouldn't bend to their desires. That's two years of my life that's about to be wiped off!!!

I need advice on what to do. Some people are asking that I should let it go but I have decided to fight this matter from all possible fronts. Funny thing now is that, I'm about to forfeit an admission I got this year because I can't get my ND results. I need help, please.

Modified: Mod, I could do with as many suggestions as possible. Thanks

Do you have your statement of result given to you after the 2 years in that institution?

Because it appears what you require now is just your transcripts .....

Modified....

From your post it appears you did not even get a copy of your statement of results due to the disappearing of your results from your department.....

This matter is a little bit on the difficult side.......
And it can be no issue If you can do the below suggestion....
If you can still talk to that your lecturer friend of yours to assist you in getting some of your results from lecturers he is close to. Certainly your raw results on their results sheet is still available some where with them. And your exams and record office will still have your results in your department except they are trying to say they never inputted your name/column on the raw results sheets where you have names of fellow students.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by shogsman(m): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
Na oversabi kill you,as a human being you ought to adapt to any situation you find yourself,your supervisor asked for money you said no because you think you’re brilliant and can earn good grades without greasing palms.now you have yourself to blame,the only solution is to go and beg that supervisor and see how it goes from there,seems your result were tampered with by someone in the department.
Re: Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department by elshz(m): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
There is usually an attendance sheet for every exam written, they should bring it out, if your matriculation number is in every one of those sheets that means you sat for all you exams and the department has a lot of questions to answer. You can start by using social media, upload a scan copy of your ID card, school fees receipts, some necessary documents and include this write up. Push it on Facebook, WhatsApp and twitter. You may get help from there. Thanks!

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting / Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? / What Is Intelligence Quotient (IQ) And How Is It Measured?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.