Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

The Flower Girl Episode 3 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Flower Girl Episode 3 (354 Views)

The Flower Girl Episode / The Flower Girl Episode 2 / The Flower Girl Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Flower Girl Episode 3 by Defavouredkings(m): 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2019
The kola arrived and the prayer stammered. Chibueze declined chewing a piece given to him, rather he put it inside his pocket promising to take it home.

As Obele was busy chewing his. he engaged Chibueze in further discussion.

“We got the news down here that they bombed America. Is that true?”

“Yes, it is. It was indeed a tough one and a black day for Americans.”

“The way we received the news here, we thought that everybody in America was killed in the bomb blast…”

“No, no, no. America is such a big country that destroying it a day is impossible. They said that it was Osama,Bin Laden that perpetrated that evil act.”

“Osa, is osa not a wild animal’s name? How come did it get to America?”

Chibueze laughed. “No Osama is a human.. It is a Muslim name.”

“But will you still go back to that America?”

“Yes, I will. Even with the bomb in America, America is still better than Nigeria. I parked my car in Ukoli because there is no motorable road in Oseh. In America, there ate tarred roads everywhere and there is adequate power supply quite unlike here in Oseh where there is no single tarred road not to talk of electricity. Once I am through with my wedding, I and my wife will be off…”

Ndudi’s re-entrance to take her own portion of kolanut interrupted Chibueze. He waited to allow her pick her own cut of kolanut and get settled on her seat. And that done, Chibueze continued.

“I have come to appeal to you to please release Chidimma for me on the day of my wedding. I want her to be My flower girl. That’s why I am here.”

full story here: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-flower-girl-episode-3/

(1) (Reply)

Full Time Reporters/writers Living Around FESTAC Needed / Colorless Rainbow - Episode 17 / Love Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.