Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks (34850 Views)

Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks. / The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / Why You Should Stop Taking "Agbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 1:40am On Oct 24, 2019
Tell her if she doesn't stop taking them, then sooner or later diabetes will stop her from taking them undecided

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Igetmyown247: 1:44am On Oct 24, 2019
She’s an adult and is aware of what goes inside her body, if she isn’t listening to you leave her alone. Her body her choice. This life is too short abeg.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Validated: 2:21am On Oct 24, 2019
Hylggg:
The world keeps involving into a cashless world and crypto currency is the new gold mine every one whose ready to cash out big is investing on.

Bitcoin trading has been in the market for years now and millionaires have come out of it. If you're interested in BITCOIN TRADING

(BUY AND SELL YOUR BITCOIN)

You can text me on telegram or WhatsApp
090-1813-4994

No scammers or unserious people please!

... Or are you the scammer

Every ten years, people are swindled into parting with their hard earned money in form of one fantastic investment or the other. Just when everything seem great, one recession, bubble or whatever sets in and boooom ... every penny is lost. Let me chronicle them here for the benefit of would be "investors" ready to lose their money:

1. The great Depression started in 1929 and lasted until the late 1930s The Great Depression started in the United States after a major fall in stock prices that began around September 4, 1929. The people who were hoodwinked into a thriving stockmarket had their fingers burnt.

2. The Recession of 1949 was a downturn in the United States lasting for 11 months. According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, the recession began in November 1948 and lasted until October 1949.

3. The Eisenhower Recession: (August 1957 - April 1958)
Reasons and Causes: The government tightened monetary policy to years prior to the recession to curb inflation, but prices continued to rise in the U.S. through 1959. The sharp world-wide recession and the strong U.S. dollar contributed to a foreign trade deficit.

4. The Nixon Recession: (December 1969 - November 1970)
Reasons and Causes: Increasing inflation caused the government to employ a very restrictive monetary policy

5. The Asian financial crisis was a period of financial crisis that gripped much of East Asia and Southeast Asia beginning in July 1997 and raised fears of a worldwide economic meltdown due to financial contagion. The cause of the debacle are many and disputed. Thailand's economy developed into an economic bubble fueled by hot money. This affected the Asian Tiger, Japan, US and of course the whole world.

6. The Great Recession stemmed from the collapse of the United States real estate market in relation to the financial crisis of 2007–2008 and the subprime mortgage crisis. many are still in debt in US and housing market have not recovered.

7. Global recession a serious danger in 2019-2020, says UN. ... In a flagship report, the UN's trade and development body, Unctad, said 2019 will endure the weakest expansion in a decade and there was a risk of the slowdown turning into outright contraction next year. In my opinion, the first culprit will be cryptos.

Sir, on your Bitcoin, an estimated $400 billion has been wiped off the value of major cryptocurrencies. To me and going by the trend above (since 1930s every 10 years viz 19...8, 19...9, 20...8, 20...9 experience cyclical swing) investors on Bitcoins should be wary this time. When the smart guys start showing investment opportunities, know they are looking for the sucker. A word is enough ...!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by therajah: 2:24am On Oct 24, 2019
Very simple!! Anytime she wants to drink, stand in front of her, with a washed sniper bottle containing water...and tell her. Mum, for every shot of Pepsi u take, I'm gonna take a shot of this sniper!! I will die b4 u die mummy..!!!!
Say it 3 times!!! Put it on ur lips as if u want to drink.. see wat will happen!!!
Ah! Ase ni! It cant fail!!
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by golddare: 2:31am On Oct 24, 2019
Take her to diabetics patients department in one of the general hospital or download videos of it for her. Seeing is believing.
Dont forget to take her for sugar test or buy the tools because when the problem comes you and your family will bear the burden so dont be tired keep talking to her, breaking addiction of carbonated deinks is not easy but whenever I recall the sight of its implications I reduced it to once in two weeks because your sugar level mustn't be too low either.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Tensor: 2:41am On Oct 24, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
introduce her to natural fruit juice
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 24, 2019
as someone just said why dont you introduce her to natural fruit juices.maybe its because of the hot weather that might be making her to crave for them so take it upon urself to buy watermelon or orange or guava and crush them into fruit juices and give them to her.its just as tasty like the carbonated drinks but ten times healthier.make it ur duty to do it cos na only one mama we get for this world oo.diabetes no be joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 2:48am On Oct 24, 2019
naijadjmixtapes:
Buy her Cartoons of 5 alive juice natural, Malt, hollandia yoghurt, and also buy excess fruits, water melon, orange, apple, cucumber, pineapple, pawpaw.....

Trust she will forget what Carbonated Drinks taste lik......
5 alive still contain too much sugar.all those drinks na sense dem dey take drink them because before u know u know diabetes don kpara inside ur body.if many nigerians know the devastating effect of diabetes dem go dey control the way they consume carbonated drinks and beer.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by BarrElChapo(m): 2:49am On Oct 24, 2019
diabetes is waiting smiley
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 24, 2019
Giftexx:
Heard people with low blood sugar take carbonated drinks to balance d body
thats for ppl with low blood sugar.both low blood sugar(hypoglycemia) and high blood sugar(hyperglycemia or diabetes) are no funny diseases to the human body.

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Nobody: 2:54am On Oct 24, 2019
Sunofgod:
Also juices....if money dey!

Orange, pineapple, mango, watermelon.udala!
low these fruits are not costly to buy nau..wich one be if money dey cheesy.person wey fit buy coke and fanta everyday can conviniently stock her fridge with fruits.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Troynewyork(f): 3:46am On Oct 24, 2019
The drinking of (soda)what we call it,is not good.Fill your counter with bottled water,she would be more encouraged to drink.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Ajibade123(m): 4:20am On Oct 24, 2019
Blinkers:
cool
Get that bîtch a dick!
Thank me later wink
pesin mama

1 Like

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by saucemanny(m): 4:21am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:
From Pepsi to coke to lacasera and even to taking powerhorse drinks.

She's over 50 yrs of age and I've talked and talked but she just won't stop. If she doesn't take in the morning she'll take at night. Sometimes she take mornings and night too like it's a medication.

I'm really worried about the health implications for her but she seem not to care.

Pls what can i do? Or if there's anything i can give her that neutralizes the effect.

Pls help push this to the audience

Introduce ha to my dad. He is a doctor
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by bukz1: 4:24am On Oct 24, 2019
If she’s addicted and finds it difficult to stop, let her use Diamox 250mg 1/2 tablet twice a day for a week or 2. It makes carbonated drinks taste terrible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by adeniyisamuel59(m): 5:02am On Oct 24, 2019
Tell your mum diabetes is real
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by hope4nigeria(m): 5:03am On Oct 24, 2019
post=83409118:
We will tell you 8 health implications of carbonated drinks and we will leave the other part of your question to other members to answer (How you can tell her to stop!)

Here you have the health implications of carbonated drinks....

They can increase our risk of cancer.

They can raise our risk of heart disease.

They can lead to diabetes.

They can cause liver damage.

They can make us violent.

They can cause premature birth in pregnant women.

They can change your brain.

They can cause premature aging.

With these few points of ours, we hope mom will put a stop to it.

God bless your mom!

Peace out!
all these still have the same meaning, it can kill you, everyone must die one way or the other.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Tinamoore(f): 5:14am On Oct 24, 2019
Op, you may consider saving your self this anxiety over your mum's consumption of carbonated drinks. You know why?
Right from my infant age, my grandmother consumed more carbonated drinks than any one else I knew. She's over 90 years now. Still very healthy, rarely gets sick except body ache from time to time. Last time her sugar level was tasted, it was perfect according to the doctor, no high blood pressure.excellent sight etc.
So you see, at times we bother ourselves over nothing.
P.S I am not supporting too much consumption of carbonated drinks. Try all you can to make her stop, but if she insists, consider saving your self some stress.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by saajus: 5:16am On Oct 24, 2019
Two ways to help her;

1. Thoroughly enlighten her more about the dangers of diabetes. Diabetes could lead to amputation. Try to go check her blood sugar.
2. Find her alternatives: Juicing is a good alternative. If you can afford a juicer, buy one for her. Always fill your fridge with fruits like Carrot, Pineapple, banana, watermelon, apple, oranges, lime, etc. Juice them and keep in the fridge. Remember, natural juice cannot last more than 2/3 days. It's the dangerous additives in your carbonated drinks that make them last for years. Don't forget to check the gram of sugar in fruits you want to blend.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by saajus: 5:18am On Oct 24, 2019
Gene is a loaded gun, it is our diet and lifestyle that trigger it. Your grandmother is an exception. She may not even be an exception. What if one carbonated drink is the only sugar source she takes daily. That's about 35g. She's still within the recommended daily intake for added sugar. Give us her entire diet and lifestyle before we can conclude.

Tinamoore:
Op, you may consider saving your self this anxiety over your mum's consumption of carbonated drinks. You know why?
Right from my infant age, my grandmother consumed more carbonated drinks than any one else I knew. She's over 90 years now. Still very healthy, rarely gets sick except body ache from time to time. Last time her sugar level was tasted, it was perfect according to the doctor, no high blood pressure.excellent sight etc.
P.S I am not supporting too much consumption of carbonated drinks. Try all you can to make her stop, but if she insists, consider saving your self some stress.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by noisy45(m): 5:28am On Oct 24, 2019
Buy her fruits and keep her busy with it if u don't do that then save for hospital expenses to cure for diabetes grin
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by saajus: 5:31am On Oct 24, 2019
How is juice sugary? Read the difference between added sugar and natural sugar. Natural sugar is less harmful than added sugar present in soft drinks. Also, what you blend into juice will determine if it will be sugary or not. He should research about low sugar fruits and vegetables. Juicing is the best alternative for her mum. Blend low sugar fruits like strawberry, lemon, oranges and add little high sugar fruit like Banana to make your mum feel that sugar taste.

midnighter:
So she's craving sugar? Women experience sugar cravings a lot

Get her to take fresh fruit instead. Be buying it for her and washing and cutting it up for her, put it inside a container with a fork and give her

Dont blend it into juice because juice is very sugary as well

If it is also an addictive behaviour you can be packing groundnut, seeds, maybe some dark chocolate etc for her to chew and satisfy her oral fixation
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by doggedfighter(f): 5:47am On Oct 24, 2019
Damn , damn !![quote author=CharlesJok3r post=83409438]I'm suffering from same thing. cry. I have been drinking a minimum of 3 50cl bottle of Pepsi cola every single day for more than 4 years now.[/quote
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by PqsMike: 6:06am On Oct 24, 2019
post=83409118:
We will tell you 8 health implications of carbonated drinks and we will leave the other part of your question to other members to answer (How you can tell her to stop!)

Here you have the health implications of carbonated drinks....

They can increase our risk of cancer.

They can raise our risk of heart disease.

They can lead to diabetes.

They can cause liver damage.

They can make us violent.

They can cause premature birth in pregnant women.

They can change your brain[color=#990000].

They can cause premature aging.

With these few points of ours, we hope mom will put a stop to it.

God bless your mom!

Peace out!

U sure know what you typed ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by Exponental(m): 6:16am On Oct 24, 2019
Blinkers:
cool

Get that bîtch a dick!

Thank me later wink
Because your mother is a bit.CH doesn't make Op's mother one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by kense88: 6:19am On Oct 24, 2019
TVTKOKO:
From Pepsi to coke to lacasera and even to taking powerhorse drinks.

She's over 50 yrs of age and I've talked and talked but she just won't stop. If she doesn't take in the morning she'll take at night. Sometimes she take mornings and night too like it's a medication.

I'm really worried about the health implications for her but she seem not to care.

Pls what can i do? Or if there's anything i can give her that neutralizes the effect.

Pls help push this to the audience
Buy watermelon, Apple, Orange, banana and blend them together. Put the mixture in the fridge. Then serve to her. Do not forget to show her pictures of victims of diabetes and other ailments associated with taking excess carbonated drinks (especially amputated body parts and unhealed wounds). If she doesn't change, well she is an adult, she can do whatever she likes with her life.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by lollybizzu(m): 6:20am On Oct 24, 2019
Tinamoore:

Not everybody has the same body system.

That addiction is a bad one, shouldn't be encouraged at all.

I consciously stopped it too.
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by nkwuocha1: 6:21am On Oct 24, 2019
naijadjmixtapes:
Buy her Cartoons of 5 alive juice natural, Malt, hollandia yoghurt, and also buy excess fruits, water melon, orange, apple, cucumber, pineapple, pawpaw.....

Trust she will forget what Carbonated Drinks taste lik......

5 alive juice isn't natural.You guys should stop taking Poison.

3 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by kense88: 6:21am On Oct 24, 2019
saajus:
How is juice sugary? Read the difference between added sugar and natural sugar. Natural sugar is less harmful than added sugar present in soft drinks. Also, what you blend into juice will determine if it will be sugary or not. He should research about low sugar fruits and vegetables. Juicing is the best alternative for her mum. Blend low sugar fruits like strawberry, lemon, oranges and add little high sugar fruit like Banana to make your mum feel that sugar taste.

Nwanne, forget all those things. They still add preservatives to it. Buy fruits and make the juice at home

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by oluwasegun007(m): 6:26am On Oct 24, 2019
Maybe she has low sugar level and she refused to tell i
Re: Help: My Mum Won't Stop Taking Carbonated Drinks by kpajie1: 6:26am On Oct 24, 2019
thank u.is ure dad alive.make i know if it is conji.because wetin dey sweet dey kill

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Milky "Garri" Discharge Help / Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight / How I Overcame Marijuana Addiction (Weed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.