Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

"Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" (2209 Views)

Nobody Is Humble, They Are Just Broke / My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me Because I Refused Going To Church / My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Pascopele: 8:05am On Oct 24, 2019
I recommended a man to a lady friend of mine. The guy was not working but was doing a few things to survive. I told her "he is very humble, well behaved and reserved. He is not excited about partying or beer. He should be the best man for you." And based on my recommendation, she dated him. And then boom, he got a job... , the humble man disappeared. All of a sudden he become another person. She came back to me crying... And now I have come to understand, "some people are not humble, they are just broke"... Never trust the loyalty and humbless of a broke person... If you are going to date a broke person, be ready for anything. If you get a "yes sir" from a broke person, don't trust it much. Wait until they have money and see how they are going to insult you. Most of these People are not humble. It is just lack of money that humbled them.
Anonymous

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Shinapraise(m): 8:10am On Oct 24, 2019
Pascopele:
I recommended a man to a lady friend of mine. The guy was not working but was doing a few things to survive. I told her "he is very humble, well behaved and reserved. He is not excited about partying or beer. He should be the best man for you." And based on my recommendation, she dated him. And then boom, he got a job... , the humble man disappeared. All of a sudden he become another person. She came back to me crying... And now I have come to understand, "some people are not humble, they are just broke"... Never trust the loyalty and humbless of a broke person... If you are going to date a broke person, be ready for anything. If you get a "yes sir" from a broke person, don't trust it much. Wait until they have money and see how they are going to insult you. Most of these People are not humble. It is just lack of money that humbled them.
Anonymous
pls I have a preposition for you can we talk please see my signature for my whatssap number

2 Likes

Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:21am On Oct 24, 2019
Very true you can never know a person's true character until when they have money.
Certain conditions can make people pretend to behave in a certain way but when they are in their comfort zone they let it all out.
You know a person's true character when they have money or when they believe they are better than you.

6 Likes

Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by nlPoster: 8:24am On Oct 24, 2019
Pascopele:
Anonymous

What exactly are you trying to say?
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Pascopele: 10:31am On Oct 24, 2019
read the last part of the post
nairalandposter:

Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by partnerbizn3(f): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Very true you can never know a person's true character until when they have money.
Certain conditions can make people pretend to behave in a certain way but when they are in their comfort zone they let it all out.
You know a person's true character when they have money or when they believe they are better than you.

There are many imponderables. Having money and being in comfort zone is relative.

Again, people can change. A tragic event can make someone to turn a volte face or at best, sow a seed of behavioural change that will grow into a tree after a few years.

There is no hard and fast rule.

@pascopele, I place no credence on your post.

What you perceived as humility could as well be ill treatment he was accommodating because he had no option.

Just like a poor teenager may move on quietly after being slapped by an army captain unjustly.

This may be viewed loosely as humility.

Would such a teenager keep mum if the dad were a general?

Very unlikely. He may slap back and place a call to the dad.

Again, a mopol constable in a governor's entourage can place his AK 47 on the governor's chest while the governor begs on bended knees.

Is the governor humble just because he is begging?

NOTE that the more highly placed, rich or successful a man is, the less likely he will take bullshit or condone insolence.

A lawyer is more unlikely to forgive or tolerate abuse from a police man, than a pauper, who is illiterate.

Would you say the lawyer is arrogant? And the pauper, humble?

I wouldn't take insults from my landlord if I knew I could challenge him and leave the premises even before he issues notice to quit. Why?

Because I can afford another apartment or even move to my own house.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Pascopele: 1:38pm On Nov 01, 2019
nairalandposter:

Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by QuinModah(f): 5:29am On Mar 31, 2022
grin
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Pascopele: 4:17am On Apr 27, 2022
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by obinna58(m): 5:44am On Apr 27, 2022
So true

My bro finished me after he don get, baba dey give me threats morning and night cos say I dey his house, no be say em dey feed me or buy me anything, he said he's now my boss. Everytime I dey beg am to calm down. Bro dey fight every body. Bro is now a tyrant.

Bro invited his friend come house, friend carry em church girl wey he been dey secure(he thinks she's a virgin)go fvck for another state straight ahead no time wasting, bro wan die.
Me sef surprise, I shock on how quickly you can fvck a very serious church girl with Lexus.

Em friend don japa

1 Like

Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Cerebellum: 7:19am On Apr 27, 2022
You're right.

Mind you, people don't really change, they only calibrate. In the sense that, if that guy get broke again, he will go back to his previous attitude of "humble".
We're rational being.

Wrong post on a wrong section though.
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Kobicove(m): 7:25am On Apr 27, 2022
The presence of money unmasks a person's true character undecided

1 Like

Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Boogyman557: 7:26am On Apr 27, 2022
Holly Gram cool As ASHAWOO de call u, fine boy come now, I go do u well!

4 ur MIND, u tink sey u fine.. AMABOBI na ur money de her MIND!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Pascopele: 5:38am On Apr 28, 2022
undecided
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool As ASHAWOO de call u, fine boy come now, I go do u well!

4 ur MIND, u tink sey u fine.. AMABOBI na ur money de her MIND!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by HopeNeverDies: 6:40am On Apr 28, 2022
Damnnnnnn!!!!! Very correct!

2 Likes

Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by christianjoy(m): 9:13am On Apr 28, 2022
Hahahaha cheesy
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Pascopele: 6:34am On Apr 29, 2022
wink
christianjoy:
Hahahaha cheesy
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by christianjoy(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2022
Pascopele:
wink
like me
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Lilsameey: 11:46am On Apr 29, 2022
obinna58:
So true

My bro finished me after he don get, baba dey give me threats morning and night cos say I dey his house, no be say em dey feed me or buy me anything, he said he's now my boss. Everytime I dey beg am to calm down. Bro dey fight every body. Bro is now a tyrant.

Bro invited his friend come house, friend carry em church girl wey he been dey secure(he thinks she's a virgin)go fvck for another state straight ahead no time wasting, bro wan die.
Me sef surprise, I shock on how quickly you can fvck a very serious church girl with Lexus.

Em friend don japa

Is he your blood bruh?
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Aklee4994(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
Everyone is code mixing and code switch their humbleness that is just the fact.
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by vikgreen01(m): 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
nlPoster:

His or her friend got served. Lol
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Oblivionz5(m): 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2022
cheesy
Pascopele:
Anonymous

What if she had done something ( in her younger days … could be something similar)
And it’s just God and Karma punishing her
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by obinna58(m): 6:23pm On Apr 29, 2022
Lilsameey:
Is he your blood bruh?
Ya
Re: "Some People Are Not Humble, They Are Just Broke" by Pascopele: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2022
Oblivionz5:
cheesy

What if she had done something ( in her younger days … could be something similar)
And it’s just God and Karma punishing her
Maybe

(1) (Reply)

Reactions As Man Pranks His Mom With Fake Joystick_ I Got Hot In Front Of My Mom / She Broke My Heart And I Don't Know What To Do Again / Can Guys Ever Say NO?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.