Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (182588 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 5:04am On Nov 20, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

For real? Free? shocked

Will download, thanks. Keep them coming, old man lol.

na wa o! ileke
oldman ke? grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 5:07am On Nov 20, 2010
Wedding Facts App

Hundreds of wedding facts & trivia from around the world are here!

You'll learn about some cool wedding traditions, interesting superstitions & many strange, odd, weird & intriguing marriage customs.

Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 20, 2010
na2day!:

na wa o! ileke
oldman ke?  grin

lol hehehe. grin

Are these apps only for androids? my phone screen is not THAT big, hoping I could alo download it on my itouch?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:12am On Nov 20, 2010
@ Na2day

My homeboy just got the latest HTC Desire Z yesterday and it looks great.

I just got a Job in Nigeria and would be relocting soon. I have long been a fan of the HTC phones (esp the TYTN), but now that I will be returning to Nigeria, I am wondering if any of the service providers have a comprehensive plan that would support the Desire Z?!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 5:21am On Nov 20, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

lol hehehe. grin

Are these apps only for androids? my phone screen is not THAT big, hoping I could alo download it on my itouch?
The age in my profile is actually false, really!  smiley
I  just love padding my age  grin

U'll have to search thru apple appstore for that, i'm an apple hater!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 5:24am On Nov 20, 2010
Okija_juju:

@ Na2day

My homeboy just got the latest HTC Desire Z yesterday and it looks great.

I just got a Job in Nigeria and would be relocting soon. I have long been a fan of the HTC phones (esp the TYTN), but now that I will be returning to Nigeria, I am wondering if any of the service providers have a comprehensive plan that would support the Desire Z?!

Honestly, i don't know but i'll find out when i also get home in december
lets hear from android users in 9ja.
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 5:54am On Nov 20, 2010
@ na2day! and Okija_juju

The service providers in nigeria are not andriod friendly,

sole reason is that the andriod platfrom has its own way

of detecting apns , too much info. anywayz, i took a ht-03a

aka htc magic with me to nigeria hoping to use it with zain, no dice,

mtn?? same thing. every other thing minus wap portal and data do not work,

btw, on donut 1.6, there is an option called Simtoolkit, you can view the service

providers services like sending credit to another party etc
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2010
pls i need glo setting for my xperia 10 mini ooo

thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by Maximip(m): 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2010
moonraker:

@ na2day! and Okija_juju

The service providers in nigeria are not andriod friendly,

sole reason is that the andriod platfrom has its own way

of detecting apns , too much info. anywayz, i took a ht-03a

aka htc magic with me to nigeria hoping to use it with zain, no dice,

mtn?? same thing. every other thing minus wap portal and data do not work,

btw, on donut 1.6, there is an option called Simtoolkit, you can view the service

providers services like sending credit to another party etc

I didn't understand the bolded part.

Yes, it automatically detects the apn so you just have to get a data plan for it. I use MTN's
and it works ok.

The only problem is, I think some apps are missing from the android market. The paid
apps, I'm not sure if they are supposed to be there.

The Google navigation and Layar apps happen to be of no use here.
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2010
@ maximip

wap portal would be the ability to browse wap sites on the network,

also, my andriod phone couldnt detect the apn of either mtn and zain, dont knw y,
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2010
same here couldnt get my glo to connect as well
Re: Android, Anyone? by Maximip(m): 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2010
Maybe you should update your firmware. Any sim I put in automatically
connects to the internet using the appropriate APN
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2010
twinskenny:

twinskenny:

I am using Glo on mine and it works like a charm. First of all make sure you subscribe to one of their Data Plans ( I use the 1.5GB Always Min Plan), then use the settings apn=gloflat, username=flat and password=flat. It should work grin cos mine does.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:48am On Nov 21, 2010
@ Double N

SO you are saying I could go ahead and purchase the HTC Desire Z as against the Blackberry Torch (which I was gonna settle for since it seems all Networks have a plan that covers it).
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 7:30am On Nov 21, 2010
i cant even locate wia i will put in the setting
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 7:37am On Nov 21, 2010
@ Twinskenny

Settings----mobile network ------apn
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2010
Okija_juju:

@ Double N

SO you are saying I could go ahead and purchase the HTC Desire Z as against the Blackberry Torch (which I was gonna settle for since it seems all Networks have a plan that covers it).

I beg you, sir, FLEE from the Blackberry Torch. FLEE!! FLEE!!

The BB Torch is still around 100k. Use that money to buy a Samsung Galaxy S for 80 - 85k. It's vastly superior.

I cannot understand why people can open their eyes and spend 100K and above for a BB Torch. That's one phone that isnt worth the money.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 8:49am On Nov 21, 2010
texazzpete:

I beg you, sir, FLEE from the Blackberry Torch. FLEE!! FLEE!!

The BB Torch is still around 100k. Use that money to buy a Samsung Galaxy S for 80 - 85k. It's vastly superior.

I cannot understand why people can open their eyes and spend 100K and above for a BB Torch. That's one phone that isnt worth the money.

Honestly i dont know what people see in blackberry,

@ okija juju
dont jump on the crackberry bandwagon o, be different, buy an android powered phone, people might not notice it from afar, but when they get close and see the beauty, they'll be blown away! grin grin
HTC DESIRE Z is a beauty so also Samsung Galaxy S grin - their screens are fantastic!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2010
Just back from church, Here is avery nice bible apps
KJV BIBLE App

[img]http://www.spiceflow.com/apps/image/?id=2685486224800775238&type=largeScreenshot&.png[/img]
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 9:05am On Nov 21, 2010
The Hope Machine is a Bible reader with a tag cloud UI and full text search.
It also lets you email verses to a friend. Driven by what's going on in your life, it helps you find relevant parts of the New Testament, giving you, hope. The KJV New Testament is used.

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYloQvTePcw&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2010
though is mini but guyz am enjoying my xperia x10 mini pro, the sound and picture quality is wow, now i have input the apn setting still not be able to go online,

i think the SE XPERIA X10 MINI IS GOOD FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS A LOW BUDGET FOR ANDROID PHONE, but to me is a good bargain,

@na2day

can u pls post some links where i can download apps?

thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2010
na wah oh. . . . guys r really flexing wit android oh!!!!
i got to get 1. . . . hmmmmm htc desire Z or[b] motorola defy[/b]
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2010
androids are very good. i use the sgs. but you guys should not hound those in love with their symbian, they have their reasons too for choosing symbian. I have come a long way, started with nokia, then sonyericsson, after which i went on with windows mobile and now with android. i leave each of those platforms to get the satisfaction i desire in the new ones. windows mobile (x1) for me then was slow and after reading through what ios and android has to offer, i picked android. the galaxy s is just it for me now. i have been on xda developers for years now and doubt if i can use any closed system smartphone (bb, iphone). i have since rooted and installed custom rom on my sgs (bionix fusion 1.2), its damn snappy even though i am yet to enable the lagfix on it. right now i am reading quadrant score of 880, if i apply the lagfix it will be in the range of over 2000, you can imagine the speed.
however, i will also like to argue for those on symbian that they do have some advantages. like they can purchase paid apps with our nigerian debit cards while we can only download free apps (although there are plenty of them, more than enough sef). Also the google map is not as detailed as the ovi map (with free voice navigation). these are support systems that nokia has made available for their nigerian users which google is yet to do. I have in fact been shopping for better map for my sgs like garmap and co.

But all in all, i will still choose my android for now over the symbian, it gets the work done and the hardware is not as bulky as the average nokia (the sgs is 9.9mm thin)  and the UI is far more interesting/ exciting.

@na2day, thanks for the tunein radio app, i sure need one cos my sgs is an unlocked t-mobile vibrant version, it doesn't come with fm radio like the I9000 and with a 6gig plan from glo, its more than adequate for our internet hungry android.
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2010
belushi7:

androids are very good. i use the sgs. but you guys should not hound those in love with their symbian, they have their reasons too for choosing symbian. I have come a long way, started with nokia, then sonyericsson, after which i went on with windows mobile and now with android. i leave each of those platforms to get the satisfaction i desire in the new ones. windows mobile (x1) for me then was slow and after reading through what ios and android has to offer, i picked android. the galaxy s is just it for me now. i have been on xda developers for years now and doubt if i can use any closed system smartphone (bb, iphone). i have since rooted and installed custom rom on my sgs (bionix fusion 1.2), its damn snappy even though i am yet to enable the lagfix on it. right now i am reading quadrant score of 880, if i apply the lagfix it will be in the range of over 2000, you can imagine the speed.
however, i will also like to argue for those on symbian that they do have some advantages. like they can purchase paid apps with our nigerian debit cards while we can only download free apps (although there are plenty of them, more than enough sef). Also the google map is not as detailed as the ovi map (with free voice navigation). these are support systems that nokia has made available for their nigerian users which google is yet to do. I have in fact been shopping for better map for my sgs like garmap and co.

But all in all, i will still choose my android for now over the symbian, it gets the work done and the hardware is not as bulky as the average nokia (the sgs is 9.9mm thin)  and the UI is far more interesting/ exciting.

@na2day, thanks for the tunein radio app, i sure need one cos my sgs is an unlocked t-mobile vibrant version, it doesn't come with fm radio like the I9000 and with a 6gig plan from glo, its more than adequate for our internet hungry android.

wow i like your review,
please how and what setting did u input for glo browsing?

thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2010
belushi7:

You guys just spout the term 'closed' and 'open' as if you really know what you're talking about. You can't install any of the custom roms on your android devices without rooting it. Similarly your iPhone remains closed until you jailbreak it. Once jailbroken, the iPhone is pretty much open.

I can't understand why people would whine about the iPhone being a 'closed platform' when the freedom is just a jailbreak away, then they'd turn around and go through the more tedious rooting process on their android devices.
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2010
@ twinskenny;

settings name : Glo direct, APN: gloflat, username: flat, password: flat

@ texazzpete; I didnt say you cannot achieve all that with your jailbroken iphone. read my post again. i said after reading reviews and users opinions, i settled for android. but truly, i dont need to root my sgs for example just to bluetooth to another phone brand and i can put in a video call to any phone brand i like that supports 3g compared to iphone's facetime. My conclusion on picking android over ios was based on 1. reviews, 2. users opinions and 3. using it in nigeria. I will not discourage anyone from getting his iphone, my preference for now is android.
And really, rooting my sgs was just done by one click. nothing stressful.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2010
belushi7:

I didnt say you cannot achieve all that with your jailbroken iphone. read my post again. i said after reading reviews and users opinions, i settled for android. but truly, i dont need to root my sgs for example just to bluetooth to another phone brand and i can put in a video call to any phone brand i like that supports 3g compared to iphone's facetime. My conclusion on picking android over ios was based on 1. reviews, 2. users opinions and 3. using it in nigeria. I will not discourage anyone from getting his iphone, my preference for now is android.
And really, rooting my sgs was just done by one click. nothing stressful.

Then stop posting misleading information about 'open' and 'closed'.
You can also make video calls to other phones via the iPhone's front facing camera without using facetime. There are FREE 3rd party apps that do this. See what i mean about misleading information?

Jailbreaking iOS devices is also one click using limerain/greep0ison. See?

No offence/beef meant, i'm just clearing the air. if you notice, i have been praising the SG S as a really solid device. Anyone with that phone is cutting edge grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2010
Thanks

belushi7

i will try and subscribe tommorw
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2010
I'm surprised people are complaining about data services on Android phones in Nigeria. On my friend's ancient G1, he never had any problems connecting to MTN or Glo packages.
Re: Android, Anyone? by belushi7: 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2010
It's quite easy setting up my internet on the android.both mtn and glo. Though when I tried requesting automatically I didn't get it. Had to call their office and was giving the settings which I entered manually. And straight I was up and running.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2010
Okija_juju:

@ Double N

Yes O! Forget about the BB Torch Jare it's got nothing on the HTC Desire Z! grin. All the networks support andriod so go get yourself one. I am using mine on glo and having a blast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.