Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Fraudsters Who Sow Seeds In Churches With Proceeds Of Crime Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudsters Who Sow Seeds In Churches With Proceeds Of Crime Arrested (407 Views)

Niger State Police Arrest 3 Fraudsters Who Dupe People Through 'Guy-Work' / Oyo Police Arrest Fraudsters Who Raped A Girl And Collected 1.4m From Her / Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudsters Who Sow Seeds In Churches With Proceeds Of Crime Arrested by GOZIEM2463: 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
Operatives of the inspector general of police intelligence response team (IRT) have arrested two members of a three-man fraud syndicate who specialize in forging Local Purchase Order (LPO) to fraudulently collect goods from companies and individuals.

The arrested suspects identified as 52-year-old Oluwatoyin Shyombo and 43-year-old Adeyemo Taiwo, reportedly use some of the goods or one percent of the proceeds to sow seeds in some churches in Nigeria after every successful operation.

Speaking to newsmen, Oluwatoyin said ” We first sent Taiwo to the Apostolic church to tell the pastor in charge that Joseph George wanted to sow seeds. We later went to rice company in Benue and submitted the LPO for 200 bags of rice at #13,500 per bag .

"We also called the Flier Thermacool company in Ilupeju to come to Deeper life church to collect the LPO pretending that we were representing the church whereas the church was not aware of the deal.

"Thermacool company later supplied 50 standing AC at #600,000 each, 20 split AC at #90,000 each and 10 pieces of generators at #230,000 each.

"We gave seven standing generators to Amaechi, the standby buyer and he gave us #600,000 for transport, 13 split AC but he did not give us a dime. Police recovered some of the goods."

Also confessing to the crime, Taiwo said “I am married with four children. I work in Oil and gas company. I am from Ile Ife, Osun state. I was formerly working in Bako Superstar company that produces sack at #14,000 salary at Oregun Orile in 1998 but I had problem and was fired.

I started hustling in Apapa. When I carry oil, 50, 000 litres or 33,000 litres I get #1 or #50 per litre. The job is quite challenging and frustrating sometimes. My role was to go to Christ Apostolic in Abuja and tell the pastor in charge that I want to sow seed. It was George that printed the LPO but the moment we were done with the transaction he traveled to South Africa. I collected only #250,000. I went to Deeper life church at Ireakari Isolo and told them we wanted to give them AC and we called the Thermacool company. The arrest of Amaechi led to our arrest. We gave church one standing AC.

"When the company did not see any money they called the complainant who collected the rice and supplied to the fraudsters"

It was further learnt that the churches are usually not aware of their criminal activities. The Lagos State police spokesperson, Bala Elkana said the suspects will be charged to court after investigation has been concluded.

https://legitnewsblog..com/2019/10/fraudsters-who-sow-seeds-in-churches.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Who Sow Seeds In Churches With Proceeds Of Crime Arrested by Zinoly: 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2019
F....T.....C
This space is for ebonyi guys Hawking gala in Lagos
Don't worry Tinubu will surely collect all your money

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Who Sow Seeds In Churches With Proceeds Of Crime Arrested by MiniImportation: 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
Who told the idot GOD need that filty money of his, if i be YAHOO MAN,KIDNAPPER,THIEF,SKULL MINER,BABY COLLECTOR,OLOSHO RECRUITER ETC, even my papa no go chop 1kobo of the proceed.

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Who Sow Seeds In Churches With Proceeds Of Crime Arrested by voltron14: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2019

The case is confusing but don't bother just jail them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Boy Assaults A Hooker He Slept With Without Paying In Anthony Village, Lagos / Woman Who Forced Ex Into Sex At Machete-point Sent To Psychiatric Hospital / Omo Juju Dey As Millipedes Sent A Letter To Thief To Return What He Stole Or Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.