Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. (5909 Views)

Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Aba; The Sleeping Giant / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Area4Area: 4:33am On Oct 25, 2019
Smoke55:
lolz! inferiority complex,heaven and earth knows you dnt have a drop of igbo blood in you! "we igbos" have become ur national anthem! be proud of your tribe joor!!
Prove to us that you're Igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Area4Area: 4:37am On Oct 25, 2019
Smoke55:
its laughable how one person will bear 3 different names Genbuhari,awol,and Obidark, The Same Person Will Use One Name And Make A Comment And Then Use The Other And Reply Him Self,check The Writing Partern, Wow! People Are Indeed Jobless! He Claim To Be Igbo Still He Stood Agains Every Thing The Igbos Stands For,he Said Igbos Are Fraudsters Yet He Is A Die Hard Buharist Wtf? Please Since You Claimed Igbos Love Buhari And Hate Ipob,then Go To Any City In The East And Praise Buhari,after That Then Tell Them How Kanu And Ipob Are Fraudsters,the Reaction You Recieve Will Show Who The Igbos Love And Respect Btwn Buhari And Kanu..Saying Ipob Are Miscrants Only Shows How Low Your IQ is...Nigeria Giant Ni....Giant Ko!!
This is the same Yeske here, I've stopped using that moniker.
I'm Igbo and living in Onitsha and I tell IPOB believers to their faces that I'm an APC and Buhari fan and I hate IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu and what has happened ever since?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by amuwo1980: 4:38am On Oct 25, 2019
GenBuhari:
Since Abacha's death, the world have tried to pretend that Nigeria is not the regional superpower that we are.

Obama visited many far less powerful African countries and even Ghana that is virtually next door and failed to visit Nigeria.

G7 or G20 and Chinese lead global initiatives are more likely to invite Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya or SA than Nigeria.

AU shared leadership roles in 2017 and gave Nigeria no significant appointment.

Nigeria has been like a sleeping giant all these years after Abacha (who played our role as regional power in those days when he was intervening in Sierria Leone and Liberia wars ) was poisoned.

The sleeping giant stirs in his sleep and the whole world is taking notice!

Make no mistake about it, our regional superpower status is the real reason the evil white devil globalist are trying to pretend we are insignificant whilst secretly planning to break us up into smaller weaker nations by using groups like Boko Haram and IPOB.

I love what is happening right now!

Delusion of grandeur , op is really sick
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Area4Area: 4:43am On Oct 25, 2019
grandstar:
which world stirred? Apart from a few African countries, it's only the rice exporting nations of Thailand and India that felt the pinch.

It is nothing to write home about GenBuhari
.......at least some countries in Asia and our subregion felt the effect of our decision makes the 201 million of us a giant in our right.
Tell Ghana to do what Nigeria just did and see if her neighbouring Togo would feel anything, how much more other countries

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:32am On Oct 25, 2019
voltron14:

I didn't expect a smuggler to be happy.

Bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Smoke55: 7:55am On Oct 25, 2019
Area4Area:
Prove to us that you're Igbo
Do i really need to prove any thing to you?
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Smoke55: 7:58am On Oct 25, 2019
Area4Area:
This is the same Yeske here, I've stopped using that moniker.
I'm Igbo and living in Onitsha and I tell IPOB believers to their faces that I'm an APC and Buhari fan and I hate IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu and what has happened ever since?
lolz! na them! the "i am igbo" and "we igbos" crew...i wonder why they are denying their tribe!
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by aminusodiq(m): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2019
SLAP44:
Sleeping giant starves it's citizens without care. Why is it that the only people celebrating this border closure are those who supported this failed government?
I'm a strong buhari antagonist!!! but to me .. dis is d best decision dah old man will Eva make!! as an economist...it's a good policy... only if our gdp is at optimal level!!! let's see how dis ends... but I believe in d end it's a win fr all us!!!

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Henrodah(m): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2019
GenBuhari:
I am an Igbo and a proud Nigerian. I witnessed the Biafra secessionist war as a very young infant and fully support Ojukwu and how he handled the crisis.
But the present day IPOD is a white supremacist sponsored terrorist cell waiting to reak harvoc and facilitate break up of Nigeria.

Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my father who is in heaven . But Bible sweet Sha.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 25, 2019
Area4Area:
I'm Igbo as well and hate anything IPOB just like majority of other Igbos, let us start speaking up and stop making those miscreants our mouthpiece
Wow! My brother Nigeria will be great again.
IPOB must be exposed and stopped.
Igbo amaka! we are peaceful people.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 25, 2019
Area4Area:
.......at least some countries in Asia and our subregion felt the effect of our decision makes the 201 million of us a giant in our right.
Tell Ghana to do what Nigeria just did and see if her neighbouring Togo would feel anything, how much more other countries
well said, also
IMF taking notice, which means USA is paying attention
AU taking notice
EU in general and France in particular benefit from Nigeria open borders.
Countries that export fuel to Nigeria are impacted as we reduce smuggling of fuel out of Nigeria meaning we can reduce fuel imports.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 25, 2019
amuwo1980:

Delusion of grandeur , op is really sick
Who is deluding themselves here?

One simple action and so many countries are lining up to beg us to reverse.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by kernel001: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2019
johnmartus:
Southeast have been against Buhari even right from his birth and we don't find it surprised. Besid southeast and smugglers mention another region that hate the borders closed.

Shame to you. I guess the Northern and Western borders are dominated by Igbos. The firewar cars are owned by Igbos. Buhari is an economic failure, but this policy of shutting down the border is a good one.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by kernel001: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2019
GenBuhari:
I am an Igbo and a proud Nigerian. I witnessed the Biafra secessionist war as a very young infant and fully support Ojukwu and how he handled the crisis.
But the present day IPOD is a white supremacist sponsored terrorist cell waiting to reak harvoc and facilitate break up of Nigeria.

If you're satisfied with Nigerian process, Igbos aren't everyone is right.
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by kernel001: 9:12am On Oct 25, 2019
seankafor:
See ehh.. I be full blooded igbo from o town.

Truth is, I just love the president and Nigeria. It's just patriotism and it comes way from the depth of my heart.

My dad used to call us as a family,tell us the broom story.

The moment we divide, we will be like Somalia, Czech, Ukraine and the rest..

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and just be happy..no deh blame anyone for ur shortcomings

Indeed you're from Ondo. Why won't your father tell you that once we divide you will be like Somalia, because your nation won't see free money again.
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Area4Area: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2019
Smoke55:
Do i really need to prove any thing to you?
Yes, for doubting someone else's origin

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Area4Area: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2019
Smoke55:
lolz! na them! the "i am igbo" and "we igbos" crew...i wonder why they are denying their tribe!
See this Indonesian Buddhist opening his mouth while I'm talking

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Sabby1(m): 9:42am On Oct 25, 2019
MPSA:

What I know for sure, Nigeria is very good on Soccer, Beside that; I never heard about any great story from Nigeria, if you know any great Story from Nigeria you can tell me grin I can see the signs of greatness from Rwanda and Kenya grin

Good in soccer? and Nigeria haven't won the world cup. Nigeria is average in everything except corruption
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by grandstar(m): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2019
Area4Area:

You should cover your head in shame that Nigerians were begging Ghana not to close down their businesses.

Ghana is growing at about 8% per year while Nigeria's is less than 2%. In the .ext 5 years, Ghana per capita income will either match Nigeria's or even overtake it. These were people previously washing plates here in Lagos thinking they've arrived London.
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by urahara(m): 10:03am On Oct 25, 2019
grandstar:

You should cover your head in shame that Nigerians were begging Ghana not to close down their businesses.

Ghana is growing at about 8% per year
while Nigeria's is less than 2%. In the .ext 5 years, Ghana per capita income will either match Nigeria's or even overtake it. These were people previously washing plates here in Lagos thinking they've arrived London.

Jobless growth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by EngrXrix(m): 10:11am On Oct 25, 2019
SLAP44:
Sleeping giant starves it's citizens without care. Why is it that the only people celebrating this border closure are those who supported this failed government?
We are not starving. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by grandstar(m): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2019
urahara:

Jobless growth

Are you sure it is jobless? Ghana unemployment rate is only 6.7% which isn't high. Nigeria's 23%. It is estimated that 2 in 5 Nigerians are either unemployed or underemployed
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by urahara(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2019
grandstar:

Are you sure it is jobless? Ghana unemployment rate is only 6.7% which isn't high. Nigeria's 23%. It is estimated that 2 in 5 Nigerians are either unemployed or underemployed

But most of the jobs in Ghana are in the informal sector. It's just the same way Thailand's 1 percent unemployment rate is that way because most employment is in the informal sector.

https://www.modernghana.com/amp/news/839031/still-no-jobs-in-ghana-despite-economic-growth.html
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Smoke55: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2019
Area4Area:
See this Indonesian Buddhist opening his mouth while I'm talking
smh!!
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by grandstar(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2019
GenBuhari:

You nailed it.
We Igbos as entrepreneurs are the greatest beneficiaries of a united and powerful Nigeria. So the sudden agitation for Biafra is illogical and unnatural.

We Igbo have never been given a referendum to decide whether we want to Biafra or to remain.

Self appointed IPOB leader NK and his agitation is using huge funds from global powers to fund newspapers and social media campaigns to create impression we Igbos support him. The truth is that Igbos cannot care less about IPOB agitation, but their media campaign is gradually winning over some young misguided and ignorant youths using their usual mix of bigotted lies and propaganda.

There is little marginalisation of Igbos this is mainly media propaganda

I have always said that the Igbo s are the richest tribe in Nigeria. A secession will impoverish them and leave them destitute.

They'd be forced to flee to the Southeast with little or nothing. There would a deluge of refugees. There would be complete chaos. There would be millions of angry Igbo who would be seething about a non existing utopia as promised by Kanu.

In Ghana recently, Nigerians were screaming the house down over closures of their businesses. Now multiply that a 100 fold and you just begin to feel the pain the Igbo s will feel when their businesses are shut all over Nigeria.

Also, it's delusional to think the Niger Delta are going with Biafra. Kanu is simply using them as a sweetener to encourage Igbo s support is foolhardy plan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by grandstar(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2019
urahara:

But most of the jobs in Ghana are in the informal sector. It's just the same way Thailand's 1 percent unemployment rate is that way because most employment is in the informal sector.

https://www.modernghana.com/amp/news/839031/still-no-jobs-in-ghana-despite-economic-growth.html

thanks for this article.

I would suggest Ghana need a to focus heavily on the exports of manufactured goods. It is Labour intensive. Perhaps Ghana should set up 3 export processing zones and provide enough economic incentives so that massive FDI will flood it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Ngwamankillyou(m): 11:46am On Oct 25, 2019
Look at how the almighty igbos are given the enemy of progress orgasm... I love this... We must divide.
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Solsix(m): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
GenBuhari:
Since Abacha's death, the world have tried to pretend that Nigeria is not the regional superpower that we are.

Obama visited many far less powerful African countries and even Ghana that is virtually next door and failed to visit Nigeria.

G7 or G20 and Chinese lead global initiatives are more likely to invite Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya or SA than Nigeria.

AU shared leadership roles in 2017 and gave Nigeria no significant appointment.

Nigeria has been like a sleeping giant all these years after Abacha (who played our role as regional power in those days when he was intervening in Sierria Leone and Liberia wars ) was poisoned.

The sleeping giant stirs in his sleep and the whole world is taking notice!

Make no mistake about it, our regional superpower status is the real reason the evil white devil globalist are trying to pretend we are insignificant whilst secretly planning to break us up into smaller weaker nations by using groups like Boko Haram and IPOB.

I love what is happening right now!
Point of correction nobody is breaking Nigeria up using IPOB. IPOB is as a result of injustice
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
Solsix:

Point of correction nobody is breaking Nigeria up using IPOB. IPOB is as a result of injustice
What injustice?
This just their formal excuse to justify their evil organisation. IPOB is white supremacist terrorist organisTion waiting to unleash violent mayham when they get the go ahead order.
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by Nwadiuto247: 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
Awol1:

I must tell you something...

The few times I had the time to listen to Nnamdi KANU, dude's utterances were devoid of logic and right reasoning.

But even if he was logical, I think we as Igbos being entrepreneurial would enjoy a united Nigeria more than any other tribe.

The few times I hate Nigeria as Igbo, are when I see our terrible roads.

When I see some acts of marginalization against Igbos in govt parastatals and the armed forces.

And then when some northern Islamic elements starts to scheme to laud Islamic principles over us.

But these things will pass.

If we work more towards integrating ourselves into the affairs of this country rather than standing aloof, we will join in making policies that will make the things against us die a natural death.

Igbos are winners, why are we rather choosing to run away from the war of who controls the heart of Nigeria.

IPOB is part of the problem we have in Igbo land.
I ve engaged them in dialogue and they sound like broken record.
They easily get angry once you refuse to agree with them

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by achi4u(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2019
seankafor:
See ehh.. I be full blooded igbo from o town.

Truth is, I just love the president and Nigeria. It's just patriotism and it comes way from the depth of my heart.

My dad used to call us as a family,tell us the broom story.

The moment we divide, we will be like Somalia, Czech, Ukraine and the rest...

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and just be happy..no deh blame anyone for ur shortcomings
division is still far better than staying together with a strange fellows.
East and north are far too different to be in one country.
Re: Border Closure: Sleeping Giant Nigeria Stirs And entire World Takes Notice. by farem: 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
voltron14:

I didn't expect a houseboy to a smuggler to be happy.
Fixed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#endsars Protesters Are Back To Street Again, I Think This is just Madness / NNPC Aircraft Overshoots Runway At Osubi Airport / Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.