Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. (28912 Views)

Cruise Boat Capsizes In Calabar River, 11 Rescued, 3 Still Missing / Photos Of The Calabar-odukpani Dual Carriageway And Odukpani Flyover / 20 Things To Know About The Calabar Sea Port (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by Bbsharon(f): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
Topmaike007:
I know it's Bbsharon our own Natgeo network

wink smiley

1 Like

Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by Topmaike007(m): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
Bbsharon:

wink smiley
weldone jàre
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by 12345baba(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
Bbsharon:

Keep looking.
Sharon I done find am tire I no c
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by sammyjo64: 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
Nice one, it's just you i see sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by webngnews: 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
Oh
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by webngnews: 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ohh
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
Bbsharon:

It's either you have a problem with reading or comprehension is far from you. I wrote caught up in the woods. Next time read to understand.
I visited your blog. Beautiful stuff you've going on there.. I really appreciate your passion & beautiful lifestyle. You need to really becareful out there you know..there seems to be danger almost everywhere in this country now. It's such a shame & unfortunate that Nigeria have such rich historical sites & beautiful landscape
threatened by worsening insecurity; people cannot visit or move around the country freely.
I'm sorry for being a douuchebag, really I am.
Good luck out there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by Bbsharon(f): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
BinDean:

I visited your blog. Beautiful stuff you've going on there.. I really appreciate your passion & beautiful lifestyle. You need to really becareful out there you know..there seems to be danger almost everywhere in this country now. It's such a shame & unfortunate that Nigeria have such rich historical sites & beautiful landscape
threatened by worsening insecurity; people cannot visit or move around the country freely.
I'm sorry for being a douuchebag, really I am.
Good luck out there

Thanks for going through.

1 Like

Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by bizhop01: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
iso604:
The op she is very pretty I like her
What's app me

If you see her physical you might question the photo.
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by BBBmall25: 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
Op Nice Work. Where Art Thou In My Home Soil
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
nice to know that they re still friendly try going down the waterside in rivers state and see what will happen.
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by Bbsharon(f): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
quentin06:
nice to know that they re still friendly try going down the waterside in rivers state and see what will happen.

Oh, really? Are they that rough as we hear?
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by iso604: 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
bizhop01:

If you see her physical you might question the photo.

You don't mean it even her breast?
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by omotola90(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
Bbsharon:
The Calabar River in Cross River State, Nigeria is located at the outskirts of Calabar Town.

En route the river from the outskirt of Calabar town is a little community called Akim Akim.

The river flows from the north past the city of Calabar, joining the larger Cross River about 8 kilometres to the south.
I served in government secondary school creek town calabar
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by omotola90(m): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
omotola90:
I served in government secondary school creek town calabar
that sea scared me @ first. But it was fun all through
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by dreofGod(m): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
@ those kids picture: "senior men", "awon baba BAba".
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
Bbsharon:
Hello Nairalanders smiley. I finally toured somewhere down south, southern Nigeria grin and I'm excited to share.

Currently I'm undergoing my compulsory youth service year in Cross River State. I was posted to calabar from camp.

But then let's start from the very beginning.

So, I met an online travel buddy some days back here in calabar, who told me he would be going across the calabar river to inspect some site along the creek side.

As a geographer, that's his work. But, for me it was going to be an adventure .

Without hesitating I jumped on it smiley. Trust me wink

Few tips about the river generally...

It is not particularly a tourist centre, which means if you coming here you should or it probably means you have something to do around here.

Or, you just want to have a view of the river itself.

To get a canoe to take you around, if you want to. Simply talk to the locals around, they would help out.

Nothing exceptional happening at the place.

The people are friendly and the environment is pretty safe.
las las u and the geographer go end for bed finally.
we all know as e dey be cool
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by mumu9gerian: 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
las las u and the geographer go end for bed finally.
we all know as e dey be cool

Cut are some slack, let's focus on the real purpose of the thread
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
thundafire:
Snap the Anansa statuedey female Goddess
that one is in the calabar port as you're on your way to Oron or Cameron via sea
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
garfield1:

Sorry,this is largely untrue.no community surrounds the calabar river.akim akim community is located along the banks of the river just like several other comnunities like duke town,henshaw town.moreover akim akim is at odukpani lga not in calabar.
are u in calabar?
thought odukpani don't have access to calabar river?
besides what's the name of that River that separates Itu Akwa Ibom and Odukpani.
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
Angelacruz:
Asin
the op no fine at all.
in terms of beauty u beat am hands down cool
there's nothing really special or beautiful in this thread. if she visits the Oron River that one she go wan jump inside.
that's what happens if u spend all ur years in the hinterlands
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
lereinter:
I like this picture wella

The thing full
hope say u no use Vaseline? the girl face no smooth, she con worwor join
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by Angelacruz: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
U r flattery me.Hw ve u been??
EmptyCoconutHead:
the op no fine at all.
in terms of beauty u beat am hands down cool
there's nothing really special or beautiful in this thread. if she visits the Oron River that one she go wan jump inside.
that's what happens if u spend all ur years in the hinterlands
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by garfield1: 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
are u in calabar?
thought odukpani don't have access to calabar river?
besides what's the name of that River that separates Itu Akwa Ibom and Odukpani.
Cross river.odukpani has access to calabar and cross river
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by Patented: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
Bbsharon:

Thanks
sent u an email. Kindly respond
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2019
Bbsharon:
Somehow, this was seeming more scary to me.

To go on a canoe in a land where I don't know anybody really.

And, just as I was about to make up my mind for the last time. My phone rang and it was my mom...

At that point I started seeing what not cheesy, I picked tho and I was more than glad when it was just a call to be sure everything was fine and I was good.

Well, I didn't tell her what I was about to do wink and I'm glad I went on this adventure.

Though, it was stressful but I still had my fun smiley
See your clean bobs, see as you fine!
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by DeHumbleTboy: 1:06am On Oct 26, 2019
I swear to heaven. If I vomit the poo in my mind now one bastard mod of a thousands fathers will ban me till the 10th coming of Christ. Make I just maintain and respect my self here.

Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by utytill(m): 2:11am On Oct 26, 2019
Please that footwear is not advisable in boat,pls next time ,take it off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 2:52am On Oct 26, 2019
Angelacruz:
U r flattery me.Hw ve u been??
very well but kind of stressed up a bit tight with academics and the only way to wear of stress and get urself relieved is by visiting nairaland and be reading funny comments cool
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by Angelacruz: 6:11am On Oct 26, 2019
Sorry about dat.
EmptyCoconutHead:
very well but kind of stressed up a bit tight with academics and the only way to wear of stress and get urself relieved is by visiting nairaland and be reading funny comments cool
Re: My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2019
Angelacruz:
Sorry about dat.
how about you and how's Studies?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missing Aircraft: Sriwijaya Plane Route Jakarta-Pontianak SJ-182 Lost Contact / Boy Crushed To Death After Falling Asleep Under A Car In Adamawa. Graphic Photo / Passengers Rescued After Their Boat Capsized In Bonny, Rivers State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.