Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police (30702 Views)

Demolish Torture Centre In Oyo - Makinde Orders / Malam Niga Torture Centre In Katsina Raided By Police / Torture Centre In Daura With 300 Inmates Discovered By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by fergie001: 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
The Kwara State Police Command has uncovered another rehabilitation center, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre, Gaa-Odota Area in Ilorin, where 108 people detained under inhuman condition were rescued.

The State Commissioner of Police, Kayode Egbetokun made this known on Thursday in Ilorin while briefing newsmen in his office.

Mr Egbetokun said the command acted on an intelligence surveillance and raided the centre where 103 males and five females were discovered unlawfully detained in the centre.

“Some of the victims were observed to be have some forms of infections and diseases and were not treated while some others were mentally ill.

“Some of them during interview claim they were brought to the centre by their parents,” said the CP.

He said investigation was ongoing and that the police command would take care of the victims until their parents come to fetch them.

One of the victims, Waliyu Ali, said his parents brought him there because he was addicted to Indian Hemp.

He added that his parents believed that the place was a rehabilitation centre and that he would stop smoking Indian Hemp after spending some months there.

Another victim, Abdulazeez Korede, said “my parents brought me there because I am a drug addict and they want to stop me from taking hard drug.

“But to my surprise I was chained and beaten up mercilessly and taken under ground where other guys like me were kept when my parents left.

“I was kept in a dungeon for four months where there was no sunlight or window and no proper food.”

Another inmate, Tope Owonifari, said he was taken there because he was troublesome and used to smoke cigarette.

He added that despite the founder collecting N15,000 monthly food allowance from his parents, “I was not given proper meal”.

“The owner of the centre charged my parents N200,000 for the treatment and I have spent four days here which is like four years to me,” he added.

He commended the Kwara police command for rescuing them.

One of the female victims, Olaide Arikewuyo, said she had spent five years in the centre and alleged that she had been sexually abused by the uncle of the owner of the facility.

“I am living with the owner of the centre in their apartment and the uncle used to have canal knowledge of me every night.

“Since I have nobody to turn to and it is not easy to escape from there, I have been abused by five men.

“In the process, I got impregnated and had three abortions. I just thank God that the police came to my rescue,” she said.

Similar camps were recently discovered by the police in Kaduna and Katsina states.

Consequently, President Muhammadu Buhari on Oct. 19 directed the police to uncover all centres and rescue those held there.

https://dailynigerian.com/nigerian-police-uncover-torture-centre-in-kwara/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by malikombi(m): 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
Not again!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by StrikeBack(m): 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2019
There are over a hundred of this boko Haram recruiting camps in Lagos

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by majamajic(m): 12:02am On Oct 25, 2019
with all these boko will be having a good time
if u born and he is stubborn
let him stay with u and trouble u
why send him away ?

8 Likes

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by Damsyjay(m): 12:14am On Oct 25, 2019
Oh my God.. It shouldn't have been my state

1 Like

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by ZaraGift: 12:56am On Oct 25, 2019
Afonjas are really not different from the core Northerners

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by padi94(m): 1:58am On Oct 25, 2019
Religion brought a bad habit from the north to our west... God help us

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2019
StrikeBack:
There are over a hundred of this boko Haram recruiting camps in Lagos
When the Police or DSS come over to arrest you for you
to take them to half of the over hundred Boko Haram camps in Lagos you just mentioned,
You will be rolling on the floor with your brown boxers begging and crying.

You guys will just come online typing trash.
This is why the owner of the forum disassociated himself from all the jargons you all type here.

You will be surprised how they will fish you out from your hole.
You better be careful what you type online kid!

Every Nairalander is solely responsible for what he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2019
ZaraGift:
Afonjas are really not different from the North

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by solmusdesigns: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2019
end time people

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by princemillla(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2019
A lot of stufs are going on in this country ooo

1 Like

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2019
In my own opinion, these Islamic dungeons being uncovered recently are not just torture centers, they're Boko Haram and terrorist indoctrination centers to fuel islamic extremism and terrorism.

With places like these all over the nation, little wonder why there's so much insecurity in the country.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by wink2015(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2019
fergie001:
The Kwara State Police Command has uncovered another rehabilitation center, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre, Gaa-Odota Area in Ilorin, where 108 people detained under inhuman condition were rescued.

The State Commissioner of Police, Kayode Egbetokun made this known on Thursday in Ilorin while briefing newsmen in his office.

Mr Egbetokun said the command acted on an intelligence surveillance and raided the centre where 103 males and five females were discovered unlawfully detained in the centre.

“Some of the victims were observed to be have some forms of infections and diseases and were not treated while some others were mentally ill.

“Some of them during interview claim they were brought to the centre by their parents,” said the CP.

He said investigation was ongoing and that the police command would take care of the victims until their parents come to fetch them.

One of the victims, Waliyu Ali, said his parents brought him there because he was addicted to Indian Hemp.

He added that his parents believed that the place was a rehabilitation centre and that he would stop smoking Indian Hemp after spending some months there.

Another victim, Abdulazeez Korede, said “my parents brought me there because I am a drug addict and they want to stop me from taking hard drug.

“But to my surprise I was chained and beaten up mercilessly and taken under ground where other guys like me were kept when my parents left.

“I was kept in a dungeon for four months where there was no sunlight or window and no proper food.”

Another inmate, Tope Owonifari, said he was taken there because he was troublesome and used to smoke cigarette.

He added that despite the founder collecting N15,000 monthly food allowance from his parents, “I was not given proper meal”.

“The owner of the centre charged my parents N200,000 for the treatment and I have spent four days here which is like four years to me,” he added.

He commended the Kwara police command for rescuing them.

One of the female victims, Olaide Arikewuyo, said she had spent five years in the centre and alleged that she had been sexually abused by the uncle of the owner of the facility.

“I am living with the owner of the centre in their apartment and the uncle used to have canal knowledge of me every night.

“Since I have nobody to turn to and it is not easy to escape from there, I have been abused by five men.

“In the process, I got impregnated and had three abortions. I just thank God that the police came to my rescue,” she said.

Similar camps were recently discovered by the police in Kaduna and Katsina states.

Consequently, President Muhammadu Buhari on Oct. 19 directed the police to uncover all centres and rescue those held there.

Problems plenty for Nigeria !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by emmabest2000(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2019
Arabic what ?

All terrorist will go to hell

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by themonk(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2019
Why do I find it difficult to believe that full grown men will be mordern tortured slaves and only be freed when the police comes to rescue.

Are they mentally incapacitated or just enjoy pain and wickedness. I'd rather kill myself than be tortured for years.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2019
The problem is simple.

There aren't enough proper facilities for mental health, and even if they were...finding staff for them is another matter.

So that leaves ill trained religious people who just use evil methods on the kids.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by TriCee: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Hian, this is how terrorists are groomed.
MURIC should make checkmating this kind of thing their top priority, not clout chasing.

That's if they don't own those torture centers.

12 Likes

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by sylve11: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2019
fergie001:

herbs dey inside the beating wey dey make someone to stop looking for trouble? undecided cool
Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by forreelliinc: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Niho4:

scammer how many users you get?
Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by BanevsJoker(m): 11:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Another wonderful development. Congratulations to Kwarans, the Sultanate, Caliphate and Emirate are here to stay.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by Neddstark: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Nigerian government. Build prisons na. If you can't contract private companies to build for you and the prison service pays yearly.
Just like when there is unavailability of justice the citizens will resort to jungle justice. Same thing when there is unavailability of correction facilities. People will take laws into their hands when the law structure is weak.

7 Likes

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by Freemanbobble: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Okay
Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by Hotzone(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2019
Boko training facility

4 Likes

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by iaamxavier(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2019
shocked shocked

You mean this thing Is rampant Like this??
My God! This is disheartening and it's bringing a bad name to ISLAM and religion in general lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by Ngwamankillyou(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2019
Drain the swamp... Shiit hole not need to be eradicated from the civilised south... Puke these animals in human form and chase them back to futa jallo with their 16AD ideology.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2019
grin
Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by ViviZub(f): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2019
Get your children educational android tablets @ N20,000 with free delivery nationwide. Go through my threads for pictures and please check my signature for contact
Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by Vado(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2019
Awon Alfa wa ni Ilorin. Ti won kowa ni keu. Foolish people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Torture Centre, Sumuratu Mumeen Arabic Centre: 108 Rescued By Police by Ngwamankillyou(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2019
Drain the swamp... Shiit hole north need to be eradicated from the civilised south... Puke these animals in human form and chase them back to futa jallo with their 16AD ideology.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stray Bullet Kills 9-Year-Old Girl On Her Way To Islamic School In Kaduna / Customs Seizes N15billion Worth Of Donkey Skin In Lagos / Man Arrested For Stealing Tithes And Offerings In A Church In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.