Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted (22309 Views)

Civil Defence Recruitment 2019/2020 Second Phase / NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps / Chamsswitch Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (2 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by sulaak(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

1.So you want the government and the Civil Defence to emply 2.5million people, with zero budgetary provision for how they would be kitted out and paid? With no idea of what kind of jobs they would do under the NSCDC?

2. Must everybody work for government. Many of those 2.5million people have jobs. They just want a cushy civil service job so that they can chop.

3.You people cry for fuel subsidy, instead of allowing deregulation which while making petrol cost N300 and above (same as in Niger, Benin, Ghana and SIerra Leone0)....will provide lots fo new refineries, and new jobs, and even help our power sector improve drastically...which means more jobs...and then you complain about lack of jobs.

4.You also refuse to pay DISCO bills on the grounds that they are exploiting you...meaning that DISCOS cannot pay for improvement for power...which means less jobs.

5.And you guys vote for PDP and APC....and refuse to give other parties a chance....meaning the same old same old runs us.

And at the end of the day, you hail your preferred looter.

Stop waiting for government job. Government, even in a sane society cannot employ everybody and their mother.

They support corruption and then complain about poverty, had the 2.5 million applicants supported either Sowere or Moghalu political party, we might see a change in Nigeria political dynamics.

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Thegoodone13(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

And they would do that by taking 2.5million people...without adequate funding for them.

Guy, you people have to understand something. We are not a rich nation to begin with. Oil is at $59 per barrel, and we need it at $140 per barrel just so that we can stop taking loans. And to make matter worse, this government has its own share of looters after promising us change!

Ok...let's employ 2.5million people....and then don't complain when things like fuel subsidy or power subsidy is removed to fund the unfiorms and weapons needed to equip these people.
Do you know the amount of money our so called Senators are collecting, Emia Sanusi said if our politician can reduce the cost of running the government, this country will be great.

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 25, 2019
Thegoodone13:
I like your analysis but I will disagree with you in the area of fuel subsidy. If the federal government remove fuel subsidy now, it will cause inflation. If the price of fuel goes to 300 naira as you said, all the price of goods and services will increase too

Yes , I know that, which is why I used to hate the idea of fuel subsidy before 2011...and even after I came round to the idea it still bothers me.

But let's be frank....we are wasting N460bn this year on subsides. Meanwhile, thanks to subsides, most refinery licencees cannot build new refienreis, because they would be running it at a loss (and even Dangote plus the two others that are building...I cannot see them lasting a few years without them putting pressure on government to remove subsides).

If we removed subsides, and sold NNPC into the bargain, yes, fuel would be at N300 and above , BUT....more refineries would be built since they are now profitable...and at the end of the day, our dependence on imported fuel would end. and prices would come down. To say nothing of more jobs being created...and we could even be exporting refined fuel well well.

That's why even people like the Emir of Kano, and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala support oil subsidy removal. Yes...short term hardship ,but long term economic benefits.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Thegoodone13:
Do you know the amount of money our so called Senators are collecting, Emia Sanusi said if our politician can reduce the cost of running the government, this country will be great.

Nigeria would be great if we become an industrial society, without relying on oil revenues.

We can cut the spending in government....but it won't help much.

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 25, 2019
sulaak:

They support corruption and then complain about poverty, had the 2.5 million applicants supported either Sowere or Moghalu political party, we might see a change in Nigeria political dynamics.

I tire.

You hear Nigerians grumbling about PDP or APC government...and at the end of the day, they still vote for the same old, same old.

Though, Moghalu(who I backed last election) and Sowore too should do more to reach out (although it would have been tough vs the deep pockets of the APC and PDP).
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2019
Osinachi1:
Crazy country! We keep pushing out thousands of graduates yearly out of school and only a handful get jobs, mostly through connection. The unconnected people nko? Crazy!! cry cry

I run social media Promotions to increase your business patronage. See siggy

grin

2.5 MILLION , out of which at least 200000 or more have connections...applying for about 5000 spaces?

What do you people expect??

Back in 2006, National Hospital started taking in housemen doctors. They had 12 spaces. Over 500 people applied. At least 100 of those people had conncections, with at least 33 coming in with letters from the Senate President!

At the end of the day only 12 people got the job.(Hint...many of the connected people did not get)

Connections in this situation won't work. Too many applicants for too few jobs.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Thegoodone13(m): 8:20am On Oct 25, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Yes , I know that, which is why I used to hate the idea of fuel subsidy before 2011...and even after I came round to the idea it still bothers me.

But let's be frank....we are wasting N460bn this year on subsides. Meanwhile, thanks to subsides, most refinery licencees cannot build new refienreis, because they would be running it at a loss (and even Dangote plus the two others that are building...I cannot see them lasting a few years without them putting pressure on government to remove subsides).

If we removed subsides, and sold NNPC into the bargain, yes, fuel would be at N300 and above , BUT....more refineries would be built since they are now profitable...and at the end of the day, our dependence on imported fuel would end. and prices would come down. To say nothing of more jobs being created...and we could even be exporting refined fuel well well.

That's why even people like the Emir of Kano, and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala support oil subsidy removal. Yes...short term hardship ,but long term economic benefits.
you have a good point but there is nothing stop federal government to stop all important of goods. If they stop import goods, those country that are producing outside the country and their target market is Nigeria will move their company to Nigeria. Anything we can't produced, we don't need them. Within a year you will see our the country will be industrialize
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 25, 2019
NAIJA which way
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 25, 2019
5000 - 2500000, not even up to 1%. anyway I am sure I give my testimony when my name is out.

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nickisindigo(m): 8:22am On Oct 25, 2019
[quote author=Fweshspice post=83438832]
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by bluefilm: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2019
Let me wait and see what my Oga at the top will say first.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nickisindigo(m): 8:25am On Oct 25, 2019
Osinachi1:
Crazy country! We keep pushing out thousands of graduates yearly out of school and only a handful get jobs, mostly through connection. The unconnected people nko? Crazy!! cry cry

I run social media Promotions to increase your business patronage. See siggy
I know of a person that it's the Oga patapata that got him the job
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 25, 2019
Thegoodone13:
you have a good point but there is nothing stop federal government to stop all important of goods. If they stop import goods, those country that are producing outside the country and their target market is Nigeria will move their company to Nigeria. Anything we can't produced, we don't need them. Within a year you will see our the country will be industrialize

We can't stop importation...even our industries need some imported components.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Mike008(m): 9:18am On Oct 25, 2019
Meaning there's no space for those who don't know anybody.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Emmasnoop(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2019
Make Una go learn work oh leave this yeye people make them dey do their rubbish No time.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by cpu2006(m): 9:32am On Oct 25, 2019
Insha Allah, my name will be among successful ones.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by tramzy7: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2019
omobs:
Wahala dey o, if you no get senator, Just forget about the job.
I get God, I applied
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2019
omobs:

2.5million applicants for 5000 jobs...?

Abeg...even if you have 20 senators backing you, your chances of getting the job are still very very slim.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by celeiyke: 9:40am On Oct 25, 2019
Fweshspice:
Useless Government!

Must u quote all
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Femijohn198: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2019
Nigeria with fake leaders ruling us.Anything concerning paramilitary jobs I don't use to put my mind on it,because is all about who you know.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by SuperDann1(m): 10:05am On Oct 25, 2019
Guys, this is not as bad as it seems. Majority of these 2.5m people that applied already have jobs somewhere, they are merely looking for greener pastures. Plus, you dont expect the whole unemployed youths in Nigeria to be employed by just one govt organisation. The private sector is there that are doing there best to also employ people. Hunger is one of our key problems in Nigeria, why is there just few people in Agriculture? I bet you, if those 2.5m people delve into agriculture, hunger will greatly drop down in Nigeria, if not wiped away. Plus the economy will be diversified!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2019
Fweshspice:
Useless Government!

Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by SolarHub(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2019
Eyah!

LET THE SUN PAY YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL.. GET OUR 1KVA COMPLETE SOLAR SYSTEM AT A PROMO PRICE TODAY... CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by lereinter(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
Formality

People that have been selected already know themselves and are waiting for resumption of trainings
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by lereinter(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
Formality

People that have been selected already know themselves and are waiting for resumption of trainings.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by kayroc: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
omobs:

Pls how much is the slot going for now?
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by greatbrian(m): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
omobs:

You guys should emancipate yourself from these mindset. Lot of good stuff will pass you by while thinking this way.
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by greatbrian(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
tramzy7:
I get God, I applied

Nice mindset bro. Work hard and pray hard its yours. Leave those folks with negative vibe
Re: Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted by Isnow: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
But I know that Almighty God is watching over his people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel Customer Care Rep From Ccnsl / Working For 1 Hour Shows You Are Employed, NBS Tells Nigerians / Pwc/shl TESTS-4 Techniques Used By Top Scorers On Aptitude Tests (PREP MATERIAL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.