Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti (17881 Views)

Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC / Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics / Funmilayo Adesanya-Davies To Atiku: 'Step Down For Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by seunmohmoh(f): 3:15am On Oct 25, 2019
Exactly 41 years ago Mrs Funmilayo Kuti passed away.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by MiniImportation: 3:18am On Oct 25, 2019
She gave birth to a seer without her or anybody noticing it till after his dead , if fela was to be an indian man or a china man he would have been worship like BUDDHA and KRISH-NAH

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by nairalee(m): 4:51am On Oct 25, 2019
I'm so proud of her achievements ESPECIALLY for giving us FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI.

Like the name, they'll never die. They'll love forever in our hearts.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by OyiboPep: 4:52am On Oct 25, 2019
Great woman.
Your son is one of the greatest African who ever lived.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by princeSammyz: 4:53am On Oct 25, 2019
Wow. Great woman. I hope Google remembers me one day too

14 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by SoftDealz: 4:53am On Oct 25, 2019
It’s so sad knowing that patriotism won’t earn you anything in this country, even more dreadful is the fact that even if you are considered to be immortalized, it will be done with your head missing, like the statue along Awolowo Road. So sad.

9 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by johnkay1(m): 4:54am On Oct 25, 2019
Great!
Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by dominique(f): 4:56am On Oct 25, 2019
seunmohmoh:

You're wrong
She was born exactly 119 years ago and died April 1978 according to the screenshot you posted. Did you even read it?

13 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by femi4: 4:56am On Oct 25, 2019
MiniImportation:
She gave birth to a seer without her or anybody noticing it till after his dead , if fela was to be an indian man or a china man he would have been worship like BUDDHA and KRISH-NAH
Nonsense ...what seer?

Many Nigerians sang about Nigeria problems apart from Fela

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by obajoey(m): 4:57am On Oct 25, 2019
Hmm
Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by olanrewaju99(m): 4:57am On Oct 25, 2019
Mama of the legend, she really stood by her son ( fela anikulapo kuti ). If fela were to be a common man he would never think of singing the bitter truths. Cos this Nigeria is meant for the elite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by greatman247(m): 4:58am On Oct 25, 2019
Great woman and mother of a Legend and slayer of Nigerian corrupt politicians

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by Decolonel(m): 4:58am On Oct 25, 2019
God will bless her for not allowing her husband use condom the day Fela was conceived.

I wished one Daura Man had used condom the day he conceived one cow that is the origin of our suffering in this country today.

4 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by LifeOfTrigga(m): 5:01am On Oct 25, 2019
Mama oti pe gan o �

Sun re �

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by officialblaze: 5:02am On Oct 25, 2019
ѕhє wαѕ α mαrtчr αnd gσσglє díd wєll ín hσnσuríng hєr ....fєlα mαmα nα mαmα αfrícα , juѕt líkє mч mαmα

9 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by jchioma: 5:10am On Oct 25, 2019
dominique:

You're wrong
She was born exactly 119 years ago and died April 1971 according to the screenshot you posted. Did you even read it?

Check your eyes for possible defects, she died 1978! The OP was right .

11 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by 9jaRealist: 5:14am On Oct 25, 2019
Mama Fela!! cool

Wasn’t she also the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria?

>

16 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by omoadeleye(m): 5:20am On Oct 25, 2019
Google e ma seun

3 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by ViviZub(f): 5:25am On Oct 25, 2019
Get your children educational android tablets @ N20,000 with free delivery nationwide. Go through my threads for pictures and please check my signature for contact
Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by GeoAfrikana(m): 5:26am On Oct 25, 2019
Decolonel:
God will bless her for not allowing her husband use condom the day Fela was conceived.

I wished one Daura Man had used condom the day he conceived one cow that is the origin of our suffering in this country today.

So, we've been enjoying since independence until PMB became president?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by Goldenheart(m): 5:35am On Oct 25, 2019
cool
Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by anonimi: 5:39am On Oct 25, 2019
seunmohmoh:

Is today her birth date or her death anniversary
You better check

2 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by anonimi: 5:41am On Oct 25, 2019
jchioma:
Check your eyes for possible defects, she died 1978! The OP was right .

Not with the exactly as that suggests that today is her death 41 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by anonimi: 5:42am On Oct 25, 2019
princeSammyz:
Wow. Great woman. I hope Google remembers me one day too

Are you doing what she did for her to be remembered

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9494298_photo_jpeg16ada05214aa9a815c6159c4ab557994

3 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by olatade(m): 5:44am On Oct 25, 2019
Mother of the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by Life0Life: 5:48am On Oct 25, 2019
She was really a Great Teacher also, all her students were hits back 2 back from Beko to Olikoye to Fela

4 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by Decolonel(m): 5:50am On Oct 25, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

So, we've been enjoying since independence until PMB became president?

At least the suffering wasn't this massive before he became president. But wait a minute, who told you I was talking about PMB?

1 Like

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by Gabson001(m): 6:11am On Oct 25, 2019
proud mother

REST ON

4 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by Anotii(m): 6:13am On Oct 25, 2019
Great woman
Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by Truthbites: 6:21am On Oct 25, 2019
And Baba Obasanjo allowed his unknown soldier get away after killing this legend

2 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti by SmartMugu: 6:24am On Oct 25, 2019
That's culled from wikipedia. Anyone can exist on wikipedia, someone just has to include your record there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Defection: Court Fixes April 11 For Judgment In Suit Seeking Dogara’s Sack / Nigerians Again: NYC Temp Accused Of Stealing Identities / Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.