Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

A Cry For Help I Lost Everything - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Cry For Help I Lost Everything (8301 Views)

My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. / Have You Ever Lost Everything You Worked For? / Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 5:08am On Oct 25, 2019
Good morning fam-lander
Please pardon my grammar as I am typing this post I'm weeping 24th October 2019 which was yesterday was a sad day for me and my family I got home around to 6 in the evening from my place of work
I entered my apartment I met my hubby already at home I dash in to the kitchen to cook not up to 15mins I heard my neighbors screamed from downstairs I came out to ask what happened one replied that part of the building at the back is crumbling I quickly went inside told my hubby what my neighbor said I checked another apartment on the same floor with me I was told I should come out I went back I asked my hubby to dress and let go outside of the building there we were the occupants of no 7 rufai street off makinde street ojuelegba surulere discussing how we need to move out fast from the building low and behold not up to 10mins the whole building at the back just fell like a pack of cards Thank God no one was inside we were there screaming ,crying looking for help to take our belongings
A lady staying 2 blocks away from us came out and was making calls she was actually calling lasema,
While my husband went to look for vehicle to carry our load lasema people has come they refused anyone to carry any thing from the building they came with there heavy vehicle we begged the lasema to allow us pick our belongings at least some items all pleads fell on deaf ears they used their equipment to destroy everything before our eyes
I and my family only came out with the cloth on our back
everything was inside the apartment
This guys did not allow us to come close to any of our belongings to savage
Please I'm soliciting for your help if you have any household items that you can bless me and my family with to start again I will appreciate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by otipoju(m): 5:19am On Oct 25, 2019
What exactly do need help with now?

Accomodation? New property and personal belongings or just money?

2 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Mood11: 5:27am On Oct 25, 2019
Hmm
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 5:44am On Oct 25, 2019
otipoju:

My hubby has gone out this morning to go and meet an agent that want to show him a room self but if we gather everything we have to pay we don't have money to buy anything
So I'm soliciting for your used household items I don't have anything to start again

7 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 25, 2019
otipoju:

this is niaraland where everybody is a scammer until proven otherwise.
Picture will do justice to your story. At least 2 pictures to corroborate your story

10 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 6:44am On Oct 25, 2019
southniyikaye:
this is niaraland where everybody is a scammer until proven otherwise.
Picture will do justice to your story. At least 2 pictures to corroborate your story

Okay I was too sad to make any video or snap pix but news agency where there yesterday I'm sure it will come out in the newspaper
But I can go back to take pix of the building

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by ogawisdom(m): 6:50am On Oct 25, 2019
Waiting for convincing pictures
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2019
ogawisdom:
Waiting for convincing pictures

I can say anyone living around ojuelegba surulere to come around to come and see and I will make myself available let the person ask any one about me and the collapsed building
I almost fainted

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by ogawisdom(m): 6:57am On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:

I can say anyone living around ojuelegba surulere to come around to come and see and I will make myself available let the person ask any one about me and the collapsed building
I almost fainted

Send pictures first then nairaland around will come to location for confirmation. Why is sending pictures Soo hard for you?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 7:00am On Oct 25, 2019
ogawisdom:

Send pictures first then nairaland around will come to location for confirmation. Why is sending pictures Soo hard for you?

Okay,is raining now as soon as it stop raining I will go there to take some pictures and send
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Acidosis(m): 7:01am On Oct 25, 2019
Were you able to pick your credentials like certificates, land documents (if any) and other important documents?
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 7:03am On Oct 25, 2019
Acidosis:

Were you able to pick your credentials like certificates, land documents (if any) and other important documents?

No just my phone same with my hubby
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Acidosis(m): 7:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:

No just my phone same with my hubby
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by StPete: 8:01am On Oct 25, 2019
You obviously do not have anything of value to pick or probably do not even live there cos I doubt if the time it took LASEMA to get there, you would’ve definitely salvaged some items. You obviously went HOME to sleep and thought of doing this this morning

5 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by ifyalways(f): 9:21am On Oct 25, 2019
Madam sorryO but i really find this your story, the part of this happening to you directly quite unbelievable because:
1. You and your husband came out with your phones. You stood and watched as the building fell like a "pack of cards", yet you didnt take a single picture or video but less than 24 hours later,you used same phone to log in online to solicit for help.
2. Who goes to look for bus to convey stuff that s/he has not salvaged ? You guys did not remove or secure anything but your husband went to call truck. To convey what exactly?
3. I dont believe LASEMA not allowing you guys to remove anything either unless the house has been marked for demolition prior now.
4. It will take LASEMA at least an hour to get there since no one was in the building when it fell and its not a fire incidence or emergency, what were you all doing , crying, in meeting or

Olasty:
Good morning fam-lander
Please pardon my grammar as I am typing this post I'm weeping 24th October 2019 which was yesterday was a sad day for me and my family I got home around to 6 in the evening from my place of work
I entered my apartment I met my hubby already at home I dash in to the kitchen to cook not up to 15mins I heard my neighbors screamed from downstairs I came out to ask what happened one replied that part of the building at the back is crumbling I quickly went inside told my hubby what my neighbor said I checked another apartment on the same floor with me I was told I should come out I went back I asked my hubby to dress and let go outside of the building there we were the occupants of no 7 rufai street off makinde street ojuelegba surulere discussing how we need to move out fast from the building low and behold not up to 10mins the whole building at the back just fell like a pack of cards Thank God no one was inside we were there screaming ,crying looking for help to take our belongings
A lady staying 2 blocks away from us came out and was making calls she was actually calling lasema,
While my husband went to look for vehicle to carry our load lasema people has come they refused anyone to carry any thing from the building they came with there heavy vehicle we begged the lasema to allow us pick our belongings at least some items all pleads fell on deaf ears they used their equipment to destroy everything before our eyes
I and my family only came out with the cloth on our back
everything was inside the apartment
This guys did not allow us to come close to any of our belongings to savage
Please I'm soliciting for your help if you have any household items that you can bless me and my family with to start again I will appreciate

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by 1Sharon(f): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:

Okay,is raining now as soon as it stop raining I will go there to take some pictures and send

Waiting
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by sisisioge: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2019
It is well...may the evil you call upon yourself hear not your words! May God forbid bad thing OP! Please be guided!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by somehow: 10:21am On Oct 25, 2019
hmmm
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by IamR: 11:20am On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:
Thank God no one was inside we were there screaming ,crying looking for help to take our belongings

https://punchng.com/video-five-persons-rescued-from-collapsed-building-in-lagos/
The Lagos State Government has said that five persons have been rescued after a two-storey building collapsed in the Ojuelegba area of the State on Friday.

I think this poster is not telling us the truth.
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by 1Sharon(f): 11:38am On Oct 25, 2019
IamR:

https://punchng.com/video-five-persons-rescued-from-collapsed-building-in-lagos/

I think this poster is not telling us the truth.

Do you mean IS telling the truth?
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by WalkerMichael(m): 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:

I almost fainted

This just graced FP - https://www.nairaland.com/5492265/2-storey-building-collapses-ojuelegba-lagos

OP might be saying the truth..

Can any other person confirm.

2 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by waleco2008: 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
Can someone confirm this and let see how we can help please ooooooooooo
Nothing is small after confirmation

4 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Acidosis(m): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
WalkerMichael:

This just graced FP - https://www.nairaland.com/5492265/2-storey-building-collapses-ojuelegba-lagos

True, seen sad sad

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by ifyalways(f): 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
WalkerMichael:

Another two-storey building collapsed at Ojuelegba area of Lagos on Thursday evening, 12 days after the collapse of a three-storey building at Magodo Phase 1 in the state. A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) who visited the scene at No 7, Rufai Street, Ojuelegba, said no live was lost in the incident which occurred at about 8:55 p.m. on Thursday.

Some of the residents, who spoke with NAN, said that virtually all the inhabitants had vacated the building before the crash but still had some of their belonging inside the building.

According to the tenants, the building actually started collapsing gradually since Oct. 18. Mr Emeka Anozie, one of the residents, said that when a window from the back flat collapsed around 7 p.m, he alerted all the remaining tenants who were busy removing their belongings to come out, adding that the entire building collapsed few minutes later.

NAN also learnt that the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) had on March 25, 2019 marked the building and warned the residents and the landlord to vacate the premises
. NAN also learnt that LASBCA also served another notice on the landlord on May 21.

The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said he immediately mobilised his team and other safety agencies to ensure protection of lives and properties in the area. NAN reports that environment and safety officials of the Lagos State Government have commenced demolition of the collapsed building.
^^^^

Different from the OPs scenario. A building collapsed but was the OP affected? I think not.
If she were affected her story is not a true reflection of what happened.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Ishilove: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
How can anyone comfortably live in a house marked for demolition??

6 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Daviddson(m): 2:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
ifyalways:

Another two-storey building collapsed at Ojuelegba area of Lagos on Thursday evening, 12 days after the collapse of a three-storey building at Magodo Phase 1 in the state. A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) who visited the scene at No 7, Rufai Street, Ojuelegba, said no live was lost in the incident which occurred at about 8:55 p.m. on Thursday.

Some of the residents, who spoke with NAN, said that virtually all the inhabitants had vacated the building before the crash but still had some of their belonging inside the building.

According to the tenants, the building actually started collapsing gradually since Oct. 18. Mr Emeka Anozie, one of the residents, said that when a window from the back flat collapsed around 7 p.m, he alerted all the remaining tenants who were busy removing their belongings to come out, adding that the entire building collapsed few minutes later.

NAN also learnt that the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) had on March 25, 2019 marked the building and warned the residents and the landlord to vacate the premises
. NAN also learnt that LASBCA also served another notice on the landlord on May 21.

The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said he immediately mobilised his team and other safety agencies to ensure protection of lives and properties in the area. NAN reports that environment and safety officials of the Lagos State Government have commenced demolition of the collapsed building.
^^^^

Different from the OPs scenario. A building collapsed but was the OP affected? I think not.
If she were affected her story is not a true reflection of what happened.
All that you highlighted (or the entire article itself) actually tend to lend credence to what the OP stated. However let's wait for him/her to really prove he/she was a victim.

9 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by nams77: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
The way some people carry on in this forum, you will assume they live on mars.
Ifyalways, don't the story check out? If in doubt, go to the location and ascertain the veracity or otherwise

I dont know the op, dont live in lagos either so i am just speaking from my angle.

Not everyone that calls for help is a scammer. Agreed, there a lots of scammers here but heck, that wont stop us from helping if we are opportuned.

She asked for used properties, if u have kindly avail her

I remembered some years back when i solicited for help on behalf of someone on this forum. Several people called me a scammer.

My son was admitted in a private hospital and after days he was discharged. But while we were there, i noticed a woman with a two month old baby who was always looking forlorn and dejected.
I asked around and was told that they were rushed there in the night two months ago and she was delivered of a baby. Sadly, they couldn't pay the bill of over 200k so they were placed under hospital arrest.
She was always under watch by the nurses so that she wont abscond.
I felt bad because i was leaving with my son and it was almost Christmas. I imagined my boy enjoying the season at home and here this little baby girl will spend the season in the hospital. She has never been to her house.

I swung into action and requested for help on this forum. Some many persons called me scammer and a crook. In fact i can see their moniker above.

Long story short, a lady here responded and sent 13k( i will check my other moniker and give her a shout out). I was also able to negotiate the debt down. And stood surety for the father of the little girl( a keke driver).
He brought some property ( CD player deck) as collateral and me standing as a surety, the family was allowed to go home and baby got to spend Christmas at home.
Its been almost two years now and each time i run into the dude, he is always glad and i feel happy too to lend a hand

Not everyone is a scammer. Do your due diligence and help if you can.

Thanks bolseas

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by lilioj: 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
I notice Ifyalways 'always' on posts soliciting for funds and ready to label them scammers at the slightest reasons. Pls take it easy while there are lots of scammers out there, people who are actually in need are also out there. Let's not be quick to discredit anyone based on past experiences.
If you are not interested in helping or doubt their story why cant you leave them alone. You don't kick a man who is already down.
Note : If you come for me I won't respond. Just said my mind, I mean no disrespect.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by ahnie: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
To be homeless z one amongst the worst things to experience.

Pele op!
If only you were in Asaba!
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by ifyalways(f): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
Whats new ?

6 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by nams77: 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
lilioj:
I notice Ifyalways 'always' on posts soliciting for funds and ready to label them scammers at the slightest reasons. Pls take it easy while there are lots of scammers out there, people who are actually in need are also out there. Let's not be quick to discredit anyone based on past experiences.
If you are not interested in helping or doubt their story why cant you leave them alone. You don't kick a man who is already down.
Note : If you come for me I won't respond. Just said my mind, I mean no disrespect.

You are very correct

7 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by kayzat: 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
lilioj:

May God forgive you for you're ignorant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Motherchristmas Token Giveaway / How Do We Avoid Future Chaos In The Family / How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.