Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,661 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

A Cry For Help I Lost Everything - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Cry For Help I Lost Everything (8286 Views)

My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. / Have You Ever Lost Everything You Worked For? / Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by nams77: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
kayzat:

May God forgive you for you're ignorant

And what ignorance is that? Kindly elaborate

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ishilove:
How can anyone comfortably live in a house marked for demolition??

I just came back from the site of the building the video I made could not download it I don't know why but cause of this to prove to you that I'm not a scammer I granted TVC station interview this afternoon I'm the lady on pocker dot top with headscarf if you see the interview is me still looking for how to download the video
Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
IamR:

https://punchng.com/video-five-persons-rescued-from-collapsed-building-in-lagos/

I think this poster is not telling us the truth.

Not the same house,I don't know your own version
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
kayzat:

May God forgive you for you're ignorant

I just came back from the scene the video I made I could not download it but I don't know why cause of this to prove I'm not a scammer I granted TVC station interview I am the lady on poker dot top with headscarf I you see the interview I am the person
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
For your information I said no body was rescued from the building the only person that got injured was a guy that jump from first floor
I don't know where they rescued five persons if you decide to believe any anything other than what I said well it is okay
Every thing happened in my presence

6 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
IamR:

https://punchng.com/video-five-persons-rescued-from-collapsed-building-in-lagos/

I think this poster is not telling us the truth.

I said nobody was rescued from the building the only guy that got injured was the guy that jumped from the first floor
I was there nobody in the building when it collapsed
I don't know about punch version of the story
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by sisisioge: 8:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
nams77:

And what ignorance is that? Kindly elaborate

Aunty, read her story very well. Her account:

She came home some minutes before 6pm, heard a scream about the house crashing some 15mins later. Called her husband and picked her phones. Husband went to look for truck. Wife was screaming and crying outside. 2nd house neighbor called lasema. Lasema got there before husband and thus refused anything being taken out and destroyed everything instead. Now she and husband have only the cloths on their backs plus their phones. No important document or fast moveable things like cloths thrown inside a buckets, jewelries or whatever could be quickly moved. May God have mercy. It means while she was crying and husband was away before lacema got there nothing was important.

The reported account:

About 7pm same day, a guy noticed the crashing and warned people who were still packing their properties to evacuate. Apparently, the house was almost evacuated as most people had earlier left since said house started crashing some 6 days before said day. Infact, said house has been marked as unfit several months before the said day. Consequently the whole house came crashing minutes after all left the building.

So you see, any scammer could have taken the news off the papers and use it to scam. After all, its still a faceless forum. If I told you a story of how I was part of the team that re-opened the UN house in Abuja yesterday, would you doubt me? The event actually happened and I read about it in the news. May God help us and keep evil far from us.

4 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
sisisioge:

She came home some minutes before 6pm, heard a scream about the house crashing some 15mins later. Called her husband and picked her phones. Husband went to look for truck. Wife was screaming and crying outside. 2nd house neighbor called lasema. Lasema got there before husband and thus refused anything being taken out and destroyed everything instead. Now she and husband have only the cloths on their backs plus their phones. No important document or fast moveable things like cloths thrown inside a buckets, jewelries or whatever could be quickly moved. May God have mercy. It means while she was crying and husband was away before lacema got there nothing was important.

The reported account:

About 7pm same day, a guy noticed the crashing and warned people who were still packing their properties to evacuate. Apparently, the house was almost evacuated as most people had earlier left since said house started crashing some 6 days before said day. Infact, said house has been marked as unfit several months before the said day. Consequently the whole house came crashing minutes after all left the building.

So you see, any scammer could have taken the news off the papers and use it to scam. After all, its still a faceless forum. If I told you a story of how I was part of the team that re-opened the UN house in Abuja yesterday, would you doubt me? The event actually happened and I read about it in the news. May God help us and keep evil far from us.

To clear your doubt I granted TVC station interview I am the lady that wear poker dot top and headscarf

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2019
sisisioge:

The reported account:

What I'm going through is hard enough so no hard feelings about your comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by sisisioge: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:

I just came back from the scene the video I made I could not download it but I don't know why cause of this to prove I'm not a scammer I granted TVC station interview I am the lady on poker dot top with headscarf I you see the interview I am the person

Hmmm, I'm not trying to punch holes in your story o but If you watched the news, I'm the lady in Ankara with yellow headscarf following the news entourage. We were all at the grand re-opening of the UN house...no one can dispute that, right? Were you aware of the cracks that started since the 18th which prompted people to move out? Were you aware the house was marked for demolition months before? I know this country is really hard...may God help us all.
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by sisisioge: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:

What I'm going through is hard enough so no hard feelings about your comment

Glad to hear it...it will end well.

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by sisisioge: 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:

To clear your doubt I granted TVC station interview I am the lady that wear poker dot top and headscarf

And I'm the lady wearing jeans and T-shirt in the background... Sorry, I'm just trying to show how much loopholes could be seen in your claims. It might be true o, but your story is not jiving. Pele all the same.

3 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by realtalk19: 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
ifyalways:

Another two-storey building collapsed at Ojuelegba area of Lagos on Thursday evening, 12 days after the collapse of a three-storey building at Magodo Phase 1 in the state. A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) who visited the scene at No 7, Rufai Street, Ojuelegba, said no live was lost in the incident which occurred at about 8:55 p.m. on Thursday.

Some of the residents, who spoke with NAN, said that virtually all the inhabitants had vacated the building before the crash but still had some of their belonging inside the building.

According to the tenants, the building actually started collapsing gradually since Oct. 18. Mr Emeka Anozie, one of the residents, said that when a window from the back flat collapsed around 7 p.m, he alerted all the remaining tenants who were busy removing their belongings to come out, adding that the entire building collapsed few minutes later.

NAN also learnt that the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) had on March 25, 2019 marked the building and warned the residents and the landlord to vacate the premises
. NAN also learnt that LASBCA also served another notice on the landlord on May 21.

The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said he immediately mobilised his team and other safety agencies to ensure protection of lives and properties in the area. NAN reports that environment and safety officials of the Lagos State Government have commenced demolition of the collapsed building.
^^^^

Different from the OPs scenario. A building collapsed but was the OP affected? I think not.
If she were affected her story is not a true reflection of what happened.

If she can provide her picture, someone who stays around her street shuld be able to identify she actually lived in the collapsed house.

2 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
sisisioge:

Hmmm, I'm not trying to punch holes in your story o but If you watched the news, I'm the lady in Ankara with yellow headscarf following the news entourage. We were all at the grand re-opening of the UN house...no one can dispute that, right? Were you aware of the cracks that started since the 18th which prompted people to move out? Were you aware the house was marked for demolition months before? I know this country is really hard...may God help us all.

I don't understand you but if you are mocking me you will experience it what I experienced that is my prayer for you
When you will need help what you are doing to me people will do it to you

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
Daviddson:
All that you highlighted (or the entire article itself) actually tend to lend credence to what the OP stated. However let's wait for her to really prove hr/she was a victim.

I don't know why my phone cannot download here is my what's no 08139752695 check my dp
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
sisisioge:

And I'm the lady wearing jeans and T-shirt in the background... Sorry, I'm just trying to show how much loopholes could be seen in your claims. It might be true o, but your story is not jiving. Pele all the same.

Please leave me alone sisioge

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by sisisioge: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:

Please leave me alone sisioge

I'm sorry maami. May the good Lord comfort you...bad people have spoilt the good and the cracks in your story is creating a lot of us Thomases too. Mabinu

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
Daviddson:
All that you highlighted (or the entire article itself) actually tend to lend credence to what the OP stated. However let's wait for her to really prove hr/she was a victim.

I don't know why my phone cannot download here is my what's no 08139752695 check my pix on do can send your number to send the video on whatsapp
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by kayzat: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:

Madam, I am not doubting your case and I am not in position to pass any judgement or accuse you of anything. Shit happens and we all know .

I am just responding to the people castigating the personality of ifyalways ignorantly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Daviddson(m): 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty:

I don't know why my phone cannot download here is my what's no 08139752695 check my pix on do can send your number to send the video on whatsapp
I saved your number, but could not find you on Whatsapp. Check the number again.

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
Daviddson:
I saved your number, but could not find you on Whatsapp. Check the number again.
Okay
Take this 09085631470
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
May it all be restored back to you. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by ifyalways(f): 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2019
Olasty, i noticed you jumped my questions and went on to defend why you are not a scammer, which by the way, besides the two dolts masturbating with my username in their usual fashion, nobody had called you.

In your opening post, you said you and your husband came out with nothing but phone. From the main story on FP, it was reported that:
the building was marked for demolition since may
virtually all the tenants have packed out and secured their properties

Lies to curry favour or empathy gives you, your story or integrity a question mark.Anybody living around Ojuelegba who saw or heard this happen yesterday can claim s/he was a tenant but why would a truly affected tenant garnish the story with lies? Good luck with whatever it is you seek.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:53am On Oct 26, 2019
ifyalways:
Olasty, i noticed you jumped my questions and went on to defend why you are not a scammer, which by the way, besides the two dolts masturbating with my username in their usual fashion, nobody had called you.

In your opening post, you said you and your husband came out with nothing but phone. From the main story on FP, it was reported that:

Lies to curry favour or empathy gives you, your story or integrity a question mark.Anybody living around Ojuelegba who saw or heard this happen yesterday can claim s/he was a tenant but why would a truly affected tenant garnish the story with lies? Good luck with whatever it is you seek.
Believe it or keep shut

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 2:46am On Oct 26, 2019
ifyalways:

Na wah oh you believed Facebook but not me ,whoever that wrote what you wrote on Facebook was not an occupant of the building ,
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 2:57am On Oct 26, 2019
ifyalways:

Which question ? Use will see my WhatsApp no with 090 above if you pm me I will send you the video I made
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 3:01am On Oct 26, 2019
ifyalways:

See what your wrote virtually all tenent has parked out ?

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by baby124: 3:29am On Oct 26, 2019
OP,
Sorry for your loss. I really don’t know how people move on from such tragedy. It’s obvious your house was marked for demolition but you people refused to pack out. Probably staying in the crumbling house for free and trying to take advantage until the last moment. This is why you are where you are right now. LASEMA cannot just demolish your house without sufficient notice.

Well, you have to show more proof like, before and after pictures. I am sure you lived there for a while so you have pictures of yourself in that compound and pictures after the building was demolished.

You will also need a few people in the area who can corroborate your story. People just don’t give money like that anymore. Scammers have destroyed that goodwill. For now, look for a church or mosque to stay in with your husband till you can find suitable accommodation. I wish you all the best!

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 5:00am On Oct 26, 2019
baby124:
OP,
Sorry for your loss. I really don’t know how people move on from such tragedy. It’s obvious your house was marked for demolition but you people refused to pack out. Probably staying in the crumbling house for free and trying to take advantage until the last moment. This is why you are where you are right now. LASEMA cannot just demolish your house without sufficient notice.

Well, you have to show more proof like, before and after pictures. I am sure you lived there for a while so you have pictures of yourself in that compound and pictures after the building was demolished.

You will also need a few people in the area who can corroborate your story. People just don’t give money like that anymore. Scammers have destroyed that goodwill. For now, look for a church or mosque to stay in with your husband till you can find suitable accommodation. I wish you all the best!

If you want to have the video I can send it to you through WhatsApp but for the building before most of the occupants moved into the building it was already marked but they carried out renovation work on it and then we moved in we are just victims of wicked developer and landlord we paid for this year rent in march
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 5:10am On Oct 26, 2019
sisisioge:

I'm sorry maami. May the good Lord comfort you...bad people have spoilt the good and the cracks in your story is creating a lot of us Thomases too. Mabinu

Which crack in my story?if you know what happened you know we are just victims of wicked developer and landlord nothing more,there is misunderstanding between the developer and the family of the owner of the land the latter was asking to take over the developer said no he has not finished taking his rent when they met with us we told them to go and sort it out among themselves
Before we know it we start noticing cracks on the wall at back of the building for me I believe it was planned
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by Olasty(f): 5:19am On Oct 26, 2019
baby124:
OP,

Well everything was okay before the family of the owner land came out to ask to take over but the developer did not agree saying they have rents to collect our money is still running if you don't know about anything don't jump and start typing rubbish I value my life so I wouldn't stay if I know there is danger
Re: A Cry For Help I Lost Everything by baby124: 5:30am On Oct 26, 2019
Olasty:

Well everything was okay before the family of the owner land came out to ask to take over but the developer did not agree saying they have rents to collect our money is still running if you don't know about anything don't jump and start typing rubbish I value my life so I wouldn't stay if I know there is danger
Olasty:
Good morning fam-lander
Please pardon my grammar as I am typing this post I'm weeping 24th October 2019 which was yesterday was a sad day for me and my family I got home around to 6 in the evening from my place of work
I entered my apartment I met my hubby already at home I dash in to the kitchen to cook not up to 15mins I heard my neighbors screamed from downstairs I came out to ask what happened one replied that part of the building at the back is crumbling I quickly went inside told my hubby what my neighbor said I checked another apartment on the same floor with me I was told I should come out I went back I asked my hubby to dress and let go outside of the building there we were the occupants of no 7 rufai street off makinde street ojuelegba surulere discussing how we need to move out fast from the building low and behold not up to 10mins the whole building at the back just fell like a pack of cards Thank God no one was inside we were there screaming ,crying looking for help to take our belongings
A lady staying 2 blocks away from us came out and was making calls she was actually calling lasema,
While my husband went to look for vehicle to carry our load lasema people has come they refused anyone to carry any thing from the building they came with there heavy vehicle we begged the lasema to allow us pick our belongings at least some items all pleads fell on deaf ears they used their equipment to destroy everything before our eyes
I and my family only came out with the cloth on our back
everything was inside the apartment
This guys did not allow us to come close to any of our belongings to savage
Please I'm soliciting for your help if you have any household items that you can bless me and my family with to start again I will appreciate

You are a liar! First you say LASEMA came to demolish. Now you are saying it’s the owner of the land. You better stop typing rubbish and go and find work. Nonsense. LASEMA cannot, and I repeat, they cannot demolish your house without notice. Do you think the people here are stupid?

I have never heard where a family will say they want to take over a property in which tenants are occupying and paying rent. Then they just come and demolish the property. So developer was collecting rent without paying the family abi? Nonsense.

Your house was marked to be demolished. You refuse to move till it came down on your head. Finish. Landlord probably collected rent on a marked property and you decided to die there. Now that LASEMA has done their job, you are here insulting people. Wait, your money is coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do We Avoid Future Chaos In The Family / Married Women Vs Single Ladies Vs Single Men / How Do You Know He/she Was The One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.