Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? (12158 Views)

Nnamdi Ezeigbo Bags Doctorate Degree At ABSU Convocation, Face Of Slot Hails Him / Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 (Photos) / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Silas6(m): 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Is it true that noun degree is not valued as other degrees?
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by mechanics(m): 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
He should continue with the work, if he can cope with the work and studies but to stop his studies like that and continue won't be that easy o, he may loose concentration.
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Tchange1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
National Open University of Nigeria.
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Tchange1(m): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
Silas6:
Is it true that noun degree is not valued as other degrees?

Says who?

Open institution gives you an edge compared to a fresh graduate who knows nothing about labour market requirements.

That's why it's for matured minds only not kids
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by adedayourt(m): 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mshad662:
A friend of mine got a job and also want to further his edu but the Job isn't giving him much time. 2 days off in a week. And they close operations by 4:30pm.

How can he work and still further his Edu?

Please your DETAILED Suggestions would be appreciated.

No he cant study, let hom forget about furthering his education, even the work he can resign and stay home cuz the stress gonna be too much

2 Likes

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by courssy: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
UNILAG DLI will be okay for him, lectures are being hold every two saturdays in a month and exams comes up mostly october/november and december..thx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by calliope(f): 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mshad662:
A friend of mine got a job and also want to further his edu but the Job isn't giving him much time. 2 days off in a week. And they close operations by 4:30pm.
Two days off and he's still complaining of not having enough time?? Have he heard of part time learning program?? Work weekdays, school weekend?? I had one day off a week and still bagged two certification courses while working a side job all at once. Your friend is not serious.
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Roddyricch1(m): 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
aremuforlife:
yes, it is possible. you can study online, but you must be ready to study at least 3 hours a day. the system is a self learning system with an instructor that will be guiding you on your weekly academy program.
you can check their program on the student catalog, they only have program for master and 3 programs for undergraduate.
www.uopeople.edu
Bro I'm really interested in studying in uop but I need clarification. Please do you attend the school or attended the school?
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by sulaak(m): 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
Lordwheez:

Sandwich programs or ICE in major federal institutions, Open University.... Just do your
findings...

..add EDX and Coursera to that list.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Hahnemann: 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
Roddyricch1:

Bro I'm really interested in studying in uop but I need clarification. Please do you attend the school or attended the school?

Me too, kindly give more details and I hope the degree will b valued and accepted here in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Rajosh(m): 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yeah. some schools offer part time programs. BUK for example. The program is run during the weekend
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by frozen70g(f): 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
This is not necessary

1 Like

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Angelacruz: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
National open university is d way to go
Mshad662:

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Mshad662(m): 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
Angelacruz:
National open university is d way to go

But I've heard that it's not recognized
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Lordwheez(m): 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
bad advice Noun isn't the best option for him except he wants to graduate with poor grade, sch without lecturer grin

Fair enough.... But you'll leave d decision making to him....
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Mshad662(m): 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
[quote author=calliope post=83450651]
Two days off and he's still complaining of not having enough time?? Have he heard of part time learning program?? Work weekdays, school weekend?? I had one day off a week and still bagged two certification courses while working a side job all at once. Your friend is not serious.[/quote

Ok bro tanks for your input. But names of these schools and Institutions would be helpful
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Angelacruz: 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2019
It is very well organized and recognized.I ve seen people dat i knw working wit d certificate.Is jst dat it is expensive.U can check d education thread .Or u can opt for part time degree in any university
Mshad662:

1 Like

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Mshad662(m): 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2019
vicbussi:
Location matter.
1.if you are in lagos working Will be difficult to study. But u can do part time. Friday a nd saturday class
2.national open university is goal. U will only need time off when writing exams and the 2 days off will be useful for test and assignment. Read on ur own ni lectures
3.Above if u really want this u sacrifice alot.... Ur time, leisure, even sleep... Success will be urs.

Thanks his Location is Portharcourt
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Mshad662(m): 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
biggerboyc:
Yes and No.

You can go to National open University for the degree. But regular degree in normally Nigerian institution is a No. Some school also have distance learning centre

I appreciate this. Tnx
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by ctleurocollege: 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mshad662:

Sacrifice? Elaborate more on this pls

I can authoritatively say that this your friend is actually you. Register for part-time studies
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by aremuforlife(m): 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
[/quote][quote author=Roddyricch1 post=83450962]
I am currently studing c.s bsc
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mshad662:

Of course he can we have universities that offer distance learning even part time ...let him research

The era of not being able to further education whilst working has long gone
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mshad662:

My dear NOUN is more re ognised than any of your government institutions. This is a federal governmentally baby ...foreign countriesewn came in one time to see how they can copy us
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mshad662:

If you still need me to Givee list and possibly university portal links I. Can but that will be spoon feeding you .how ever..unilag,Ibadan,ife,abu,,noun ,kasu etc
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Utonwanne(m): 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mshad662:

It depends;

Are you going for CEP or regular?

If its CEP, you can easily do that but if its regular, it's so frustrating, depressing at times unless you have external aid.

From experience and still 'experiencing' it

1 Like

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Mshad662(m): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mustsucceed:

If you still need me to Givee list and possibly university portal links I. Can but that will be spoon feeding you .how ever..unilag,Ibadan,ife,abu,,noun ,kasu etc

Thanks
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by UniportAgbero: 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2019
Roddyricch1:

I'm interested too oh
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by calliope(f): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mshad662:

But names of these schools and Institutions would be helpful
Just do your research properly, it all depends on the field of study you want to venture into or expand on. I'm not sure you're into broadcasting. So listing institutions where I did mine would be irrelevant.
Ok bro tanks for your input.
By the way, I'm a she.

1 Like

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Legendguru: 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by ceeceeco: 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
Iam currently doing an Msc programme @ Uniport & also working as an administrative assistant in the same university. So it's very possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by ceeceeco: 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
ceeceeco:
Iam currently doing a Phd programme @ Uniport & also working as an administrative assistant in the same university. So it's very possible.
Re: Can I Work And Pursue A Degree At The Same Time? by Roddyricch1(m): 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
aremuforlife:

I am currently studing c.s bsc
bro please can I have your WhatsApp number so I can get more enlightenment from you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers State University Of Science And Technology (rsust) Post Ume 2nd Chioce / How I Scored 330 In The GRE Exam (Part 1) / Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.