Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Meaning Of Hijab - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Meaning Of Hijab (8265 Views)

Position Of Hijab In Islam / Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / Position Of The Law On The Use Of Hijab/Veil In Public Institutions- O.G Chukkol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meaning Of Hijab by seguntijan(m): 7:56am On Oct 25, 2019
Hijab is referred with many names most commonly known as veil or headscarf that Muslim women wear to cover. Muslim women wear to covering called Hijab which is an Arabic word means to “cover” or to conceal or hide from view.

There’s much more to the Islamic dress code for women than the hijab. Muslim women dress code deals with clothing, behavior, and attitude or presence. For some hijab means pairing a headscarf with Western-style clothes, for others it means wearing loose robes as well. Still, others add a niqab, or face veil, to their chorus.

Hijab has come to signify the headscarf, which is the covering many Muslim women use to hide their hair, neck, and often chest. Muslim women choose to wear hijab for many reasons. Some women wear the hijab because they believe that Allah Almighty has instructed women to wear it as a means of fulfilling His commandment for modesty.

For these women, wearing hijab is a personal choice that is made after puberty and is intended to reflect one’s personal devotion to Allah (SWT). In many cases, the wearing of a headscarf is often lead by the wearing of loose-fitting, non-revealing clothing, also referred to as hijab.

In religion Islam, there are two basic requirements for women to get dressed firstly a woman’s body should be covered such that only her face, hands, and feet are revealed. Secondly, the clothing must be loose enough so that the shape of a woman’s body is not visible. It is hijab that marks a Muslim woman.

Allah Almighty mentioned in Holy Quran about Muslim women dress code in these words: “And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, their brothers’ sons, their sisters’ sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers that you might succeed.” (Quran, 24:31)

TYPES OF HIJAB

There Are Different Types of Hijab That Muslim Women Used to Wear Are Mentioned Below:

* The first type of hijab that is most commonly worn by women in the West is a square scarf that covers the head and neck but leaves the face clear. This form of hijab is most commonly referred to as hijab.

* The second type of hijab is a long, rectangular scarf that is wrapped loosely around the head and wrapped or pinned at the shoulders. Like the hijab, this form of hijab covers the head but often leaves the neck and face clear. This form of hijab is known as Shayla.

* Khimar is the third type of hijab which is a long, cape-like scarf that is wrapped around the head and hangs to the middle of the back. This type of hijab covers the head, neck, and shoulders, but leaves the face clear.

* The fourth type of hijab is the Chador. The chador is a long cloak that covers a woman’s entire body just like the khimar, the chador wraps around the head, but instead of hanging just to the middle of the back, the chador drapes to a woman’s feet.

* The Niqab is the fifth type of hijab. The niqab is a face-covering that covers the mouth and nose but leaves the eyes clear. It is worn with khimar or another form of headscarf.

* The last type of hijab is the Burqa that covers the entire face and body, leaving a small mesh screen through which the woman can see through.

http://www.quranreading.com/blog/what-is-hijab-and-why-muslim-women-wear-it-types-of-hijab/

5 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by olasaad(f): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2019
Ma shaa Allah

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by KIDfurniture(m): 9:00am On Oct 25, 2019
smiley
Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Dozie32(m): 9:02am On Oct 25, 2019
Alhamdulahhi..
Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2019
Okay
Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Dozie32(m): 9:03am On Oct 25, 2019
Alhamdulillah! May the blessings of almighty be upon you and your loved ones and leave you and your love ones to witness many more ahead in good health and with uncountable wealth. ���. Good Morning & Happy Jummah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Biritiko: 9:04am On Oct 25, 2019
MashaAllah
Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Lewalexzy(m): 9:06am On Oct 25, 2019
Masha Allah! Our Muslimahs look beautiful when they have their hijab on.
Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Maxwelltf: 9:06am On Oct 25, 2019
Interesting. quote author=KIDfurniture post=83443744] smiley[/quote]
Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2019
Lewalexzy:
Masha Allah! Our Muslimahs look beautiful when they have their hijab on.

Where is your own hijab?

7 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Tonyspecial(m): 9:13am On Oct 25, 2019
Is It D Dressing Or D Behavior?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:32am On Oct 25, 2019
Jazakhallahu khayran

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Newnas(m): 9:47am On Oct 25, 2019
seguntijan:

It is hijab that marks a Muslim woman.

Reminds me of one girl that went Gaga because I said I don't believe she's a Muslim.

She wasn't only without hijab but her hair was like one ayamatanga.

How can people know you're Muslim when you dress otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by womenareapes: 9:48am On Oct 25, 2019
the way women use this hijab of a thing to commit atrocities, is just unbelievable undecided

we used to bang women in hijab so much. but that cloth smell alot

8 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 25, 2019
So a woman will cover head, e no do, shoulders, e no do, then, arms and legs, whole body sef, e no reach, cover nose and mouth, e still no reach. Then mesh for eyes.... Chai, see what religion has done to some people's brains.
Is that one modesty too? So how does she move about? No wonder, someone told me that some Muslim ladies dey get body odor. In this heat, person cover reach eyes. Shior

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by manbello(m): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2019
Chi59:
So a woman will cover head, e no do, shoulders, e no do, then, arms and legs, whole body sef, e no reach, cover nose and mouth, e still no reach. Then mesh for eyes.... Chai, see what religion has done to some people's brains.
Is that one modesty too? So how does she move about? No wonder, someone told me that some Muslim ladies dey get body odor. In this heat, person cover reach eyes. Shior
May you be guided to the straight path brother
Sorry was Tacha wearing hijab or a Muslim but someone says she has body odor , once again may you be guided to the straight path

3 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Newnas(m): 10:14am On Oct 25, 2019
womenareapes:
[s]the way women use this hijab of a thing to commit atrocities, is just unbelievable undecided

we used to bang women in hijab so much. but that cloth smell alot[/s]

Filthy pervert!!!

Your username shows who you are.

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by kikelomojessy(f): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2019
My niece's wear hijab, i make beautiful hijab but really for me and my household is just for fashion. I just love the way it looks on my nieces.
Re: Meaning Of Hijab by gaskiyamagana: 10:31am On Oct 25, 2019
womenareapes:
the way women use this hijab of a thing to commit atrocities, is just unbelievable undecided

Your type is irrelevant here.

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by gaskiyamagana: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2019
Chi59:
Tramadol customer sighted.

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by midnighter(f): 11:08am On Oct 25, 2019
Fallenhunter come and see our favourite topic oh

OP why not include pictures of what those different hijabs look like

Why did you write all those and put pictures of jilbab So how will anybody understand what they look like
And why didnt you include the "hijab" modesty requirements for men?

Men are required to cover from their belly button to their knees

Clothes shouldnt pass the ankle and shouldn't be too tight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Tonyspecial(m): 11:35am On Oct 25, 2019
womenareapes:

u just said my mind, I banged one last week and will still bang another next tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
manbello:

May you be guided to the straight path brother
Sorry was Tacha wearing hijab or a Muslim but someone says she has body odor , once again may you be guided to the straight path

Who's your "brother"?
How won't some muslimahs have body odor when they cover everywhere including the eyes inside this heat?
Wetin concern tacha for this one? Is she your geh friend?

5 Likes

Re: Meaning Of Hijab by Revolva(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
See hijab does not makes a woman holy

Many runs gal have been hiding under it

I know Dem plenty we have hammered
Re: Meaning Of Hijab by manbello(m): 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
Chi59:

Who's your "brother"?
How won't some muslimahs have body odor when they cover everywhere including the eyes inside this heat?
Wetin concern tacha for this one? Is she your geh friend?
We can never be brothers i know cause i don't fornicate, i dont drink beers, i don't smoke weed, i don't cheat..... May you find peace in your life

(1) (2) (Reply)

You plan to complete Qur'an in a certain period of time?See how it is divided. / Benefits And Rewards Of Illness / Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.