Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs (21661 Views)

Vehicle Guns And Bullet Coming From Niger Republic Intercepted By Customs / The Containers Containing Expired Rice That Customs Seized At The Port - Photos / Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Islie: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2019
Adedayo Akinwale ín Abuja

The Comptroller General of Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Col. Hamid Ali (rtd), Thursday revealed that the service has intercepted 25 containers of expired rice at the Tin Can Island Port in Lagos.

Ali disclosed this in Abuja at the fourth National Assembly hearing on the proposed 2020 budget.
He told the federal legislators that the decision to close the country’s land boarders was not driven solely for increased revenue collection but has security consideration.

He stated: “I want to take this opportunity to tell this house that we have now 25 containers of rice we intercepted in Tin Can Island Port. Each of them contained 100 bags of rice that were clearly stamped with the expiration date of May 2018. I have said it here that 90 per cent of the smuggled rice has expired.

“In Thailand and India, when their rice expired, they would buy a portion of the sea to dump them. But our men will go there and pick them. Moreover, some Indians and Lebanese who care nothing about our health, about our wellbeing will come and re-bag then with new expiry date and this is what we consume.”

Ali also claimed that the border closure has contributed to the reduction in banditry and kidnapping in the far north, adding that the border closure has cut off the supply of arms to the bandits.

He further explained that revenue collected by the NCS has increased to N6 billion daily against N4.7 billion it used to collect before the borders were sealed up as those who used to patronize Cotonu ports are now being constrained to utilise Nigerian ports.

He also stated that 80 per cent of the consignments at the ports were not properly documented and agreed that NCS has no scanners at the various ports but subject cargoes to 100 per cent inspection.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/10/25/customs-intercepts-25-containers-of-expired-rice-in-tin-can-island/

12 Likes

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2019
What happens afterwords? The same custom
officials sells the rice to people at cheap prices

Sell more when you reach more people with your business on social media. I run adverts and Promotions. See siggy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by skyblueking(m): 9:32am On Oct 25, 2019
OMG! What have we been eating?.. Abeg where i fit get snipper, i need to purge this out!

3 Likes

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by CaptVerida(m): 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
So bad!! Thank God it was intercepted!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Bobbob343: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
Chisos... Next stop.. Repackaging

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Minjim: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
Some dude forgot to roger

3 Likes

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
expired indeed

Most of these criminals calling themselves customs have opened shops for their wives and girlfriends. They are now the major distributors of all these seized items. They even smuggle in too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by rhythyson: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
Local man is tired

3 Likes

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Pearsy: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
may God help us all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
Omo make una close the boarder till 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by frankputer: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
na waoo, this is serious
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Gideoniteprime4: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
so they expect us to be like?

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by iCauseTrouble: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
cool
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
I don't know what to think of the clampdown as the government policies have been counter productive these days .. undecided

I need financial help to survive this weekend. I am very broke and would be grateful for any help rendered me by nairalanders. My details is 0031662.8.3. (Access). Thanks
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by ZombieTERROR: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
Revenue of 6billion daily...

Yet Buhari is busy depleting our reserve and borrowing money

2 Likes

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Zombiekiller010: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
Although am not a Buharist but on the closing of border ,I'm in support of that, the local rice i bought is neat & free of stone 19k, if they package it in the bag of foreign and sold it for me for 26k , i wouldn't have know that the content is local .

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by ZombieTERROR: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
OSUigboFlatHead:
expired indeed

Most of these criminals calling themselves customs have opened shops for their wives and girlfriends. They are now the major distributors of all these seized items

Gbam

1 Like

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by sylve11: 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
You filled your shop with bags of rice, when you couldn't sell them before they expire, you buy another mama gold rice sack and resack. Same goes with computer inks, Tin tomatoes, beverages. Except you are buying fresh, Almost everything we are consume in this country are expired. cool

5 Likes

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by Freemanbobble: 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
Okay
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by iammo(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
EFCC and Customs they are on fire

5 Likes

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by eghuan1(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
I didn't know rice had expiring date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by faithfull18(f): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
Na wa o, people should settle for Ofada, it's not 100% bad.

5 Likes

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by ClitRaider: 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
idoti no dey kill black man.
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by SOFTENGR: 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
skyblueking:
OMG!
What have we been eating?..
Abeg where i fit get snipper, i need to purge this out!
You wan kee yasef?

3 Likes

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by windhunter(m): 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
God help us in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by batstan(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Revenue of 6billion daily...

Yet Buhari is busy depleting our reserve and borrowing money

Trust me, you knowest not your President.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by thaoriginator: 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
Mi bloodclaat cry
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by nasoeb: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Shey you have parents, ehhnn carry your investment go give dem. Abi you no want make dem make the 20% daily.
Rubbbsh
Re: 25 Containers Of Expired Rice In Tin Can Island Intercepted By Customs by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Okiti1:
[s][/s]
get a job

(1) (2) (Reply)

TASUED Student Beats Up Girlfriend For Demanding For A Refund Of Her School Fees / Man Rescued While Trying To Commit Suicide In Jigawa State (photos) / Court Sentences Two Men To Death For Stealing Fowls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.