Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. (1345 Views)

You Can Buy Laptop From Us And Pay In Installments. Check Details / Buy Any Smartphone And Pay Later With Easybuy Mobile Device Financing Platform / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by alfa0: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2019
Good evening everyone,

I created this topic on crime section , unfortunately I found out the topic was locked.
I can't post anything there any more.
I don't know why.

This is to expose a criminal and also for us to be mindful of this type of person distroying the image of this nation.

He goes by name Dominic Logon. I don't know if that is his real name.
He came to my shop at Banex plaza, bought a laptop worth 50 thousand naira and paid me with fake alert.

When I found out what he did ,called him but he claimed the fault was from his bank.
He promised to return my money.

Today is 2 weeks. I have not seen him.
I am now convinced he is a thief.
His phone number is 08068493137
His pictures will be attached too.

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by greatmarshall(m): 9:49am On Oct 25, 2019
Na wa o
Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by xendra: 9:54am On Oct 25, 2019
na only one shirt and different cap he dey wear? oga forget your money don go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2019
Go and pay bloggers to help you post him.
Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by alfa0: 10:01am On Oct 25, 2019
xendra:
na only one shirt and different cap he dey wear? oga forget your money don go

Yeah, I have.
But something told me to post this online maybe someone that knows him may see it and many people will learn from my mistake too.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by 3kay945(m): 10:11am On Oct 25, 2019
How does this fake alert work sef? Your account balance wont change after the alert I guess.

lipsrsealed
Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by alfa0: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2019
3kay945:
How does this fake alert work sef? Your account balance wont change after the alert I guess.

lipsrsealed

In this case,his bank debited him.
He even read out my account name from his app and I confirmed that the name was correct.
He sent the money ,debit alert came to his phone but I never received any credit aleet till today.
Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by hayjayman(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2019
Ode!.. Fake Alert, abi na u mumu.. Na your greediness to sell the item wey dey your hand dey worry u, probably it appears u have much gain on the sales.... So your eagerness to sell if off was preyed upon by the criminal, have u ever seen any Alert that does not contain an account balance?... Definitely, a fake Alert will not show u your account balance after a transaction is allegedly carried out.. So always stay awake
Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by alfa0: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2019
hayjayman:
Ode!.. Fake Alert, abi na u mumu.. Na your greediness to sell the item wey dey your hand dey worry u, probably it appears u have much gain on the sales.... So your eagerness to sell if off was preyed upon by the criminal, have u ever seen any Alert that does not contain an account balance?... Definitely, a fake Alert will not show u your account balance after a transaction is allegedly carried out.. So always stay awake

Thank you
Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by 3kay945(m): 10:28am On Oct 25, 2019
alfa0:

He even read out my account name from his app and I confirmed that the name was correct.
He sent the money ,debit alert came to his phone but I never received any credit aleet till today.

Do you have idea which bank he used?
Cos reversal of online payment thru app has happened to me too.

But in this your case, it's different.
Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by bobo65(m): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2019
hayjayman:

Why exactly Are u insulting him?

What has eagerness and happiness got to do with greed?

Sometimes I wonder why human beings behave like animals, someone just lost his money and you are coming here to insult him.

Can't u just pass ur msg or Waka pass?

Kids wey full this nairaland sef

6 Likes

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by hayjayman(m): 10:31am On Oct 25, 2019
alfa0:

So you saw a debit alert on his phone, and u are standing here waiting for sms alert.. Your mumu no be here, what will it take you to take your atm card and confirms credit to your account before accusing someone here of scamming you.... And though the alert he showed you can also be a fake one.
Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by alfa0: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2019
hayjayman:

So you saw a debit alert on his phone, and u are standing here waiting for sms alert.. Your mumu no be here, what will it take you to take your atm card and confirms credit to your account before accusing someone here of scamming you.... And though the alert he showed you can also be a fake one.

You see, life is not always what you think it is.
This has been like 2 weeks now.
The thief innquestion even promised to bring the money back to me,but after some days he refused picking my calls anymore.

What you think is wisdom,most times are not.
Just pray it doesn't happen to you.
Thank you for coming here with ur insults.

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by alfa0: 10:44am On Oct 25, 2019
3kay945:

Do you have idea which bank he used?
Cos reversal of online payment thru app has happened to me too.

But in this your case, it's different.

He already confirmed reversal from his bank.
But he has refused to bring my money which leaves me wondering if he actually transfered the money or was it fake alert.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by khalazi: 11:05am On Oct 25, 2019
If you like bring Your bank statement wey even Emefiele sign on top, If I no see the money for my account we will sleep there

1 Like

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by alfa0: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2019
khalazi:
If you like bring Your bank statement wey even Emefiele sign on top, If I no see the money for my account we will sleep there

Yeah, I have learnt my lessons.
Though the hard way.
But it's part of life sha.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by Kendumazy(m): 11:29am On Oct 25, 2019
You sef. You didn't see money in your account, you allow person go. Have your policy. Go to a business center and type it in a paper and paste it on the wall of your shop where customer can see it.

Bank transfer is subject to confirmation of payment in our account before customer can leave with his or her goods"

In business, have your policies or else you will learn in the hard way.

4 Likes

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by tmogba4(m): 11:35am On Oct 25, 2019
alfa0:

It has happened to me in the past but this time, I was the one transferring. The stuff I went to buy was seized...of course, I had to snap details of the seller just in case the money eventually bounces back to his bank but about a week after I complained, the money returned to my own account.
You should have gone to the bank to report the case...it could be either reversed to his account or into yours but that's only after you report the case...

IGNORANCE KILLS...Beware

1 Like

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by sotall(m): 11:40am On Oct 25, 2019
Hmm
Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by hayjayman(m): 11:57am On Oct 25, 2019
Kendumazy:
You sef. You didn't see money in your account, you allow person go. Have your policy. Go to a business center and type it in a paper and paste it on the wall of your shop where customer can see it.

Bank transfer is subject to confirmation of payment in our account before customer can leave with his or her goods"

A da fun e, omo luwabi Eko... Leave them to keep petting the victim, he will come back again to tell us how he was swindled using another format for am.. Funny enough the culprit go dey see this thread dey design another format wey go drop am once more..

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by alfa0: 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
Kendumazy:

Yeah,I acknowledge it's my fault.
But you see ,I kept this particular guy for more than 3 hours.
At a point I just asked him to go.
I knew I was taking risk. Such risk I have taken in the past.so many of them that I cannot even remember.
Sometimes,I will be in house in the night and alert from customers will be coming in.
If you ask me ,I will say I will take such risk even tomorrow but maybe with a different apporoach. Now.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by alfa0: 2:05pm On Oct 25, 2019
hayjayman:

A da fun e, omo luwabi Eko... Leave them to keep petting the victim, he will come back again to tell us how he was swindled using another format for am.. Funny enough the culprit go dey see this thread dey design another format wey go drop am once more..

My brother,
As a business man ,we see different formats.
You win some,you loose some.
It might interest you to know that after 11 years in business,I just lost this little one.
Am not crying over it and I can't kill myself.
This has past 2 weeks already.

I brought it here for everyone to learn and move forward, possible someone might know him too.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Thieves That Buys And Pay With Fake Alert. by Kendumazy(m): 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
alfa0:

Yeah,I acknowledge it's my fault.
But you see ,I kept this particular guy for more than 3 hours.
At a point I just asked him to go.
I knew I was taking risk. Such risk I have taken in the past.so many of them that I cannot even remember.
Sometimes,I will be in house in the night and alert from customers will be coming in.
If you ask me ,I will say I will take such risk even tomorrow but maybe with a different apporoach. Now.

OK sir. I understand. Wish you all the very best.

(1) (Reply)

UK Used Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Duos 512gb 8gram / UK Used Iphone 7, 128gig Storage. SOLD / CU Iphone 12 64gb Blue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.