Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone (33364 Views)

Chinese Man Arrested For Calling Kenya's President, Black People Monkeys / Man Spends 17 Years In Jail Over Resemblance With Real Criminal In US / Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Airtimex(m): 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Nostradamus:
no,i don't think it was his friend who arrested him!

The problem is that the Nigerian police force are so useless that they'd arrest this guy because he called the victim on phone,they'd arrest the last lady the victim slept with,they might even go ahead to arrest the waiter in the last eatery the victim went to for a meal..

do you noticed that when there is a robbery somewhere and they found a missing I. D card, wallet,phone,atm card or even a piece of jewelry around the vicinity,nigerian police will arrest the owner of that missing item and they'll gladly termed him/her the robber,they'd stop investigation immediately?

That's to show how worthless the so-called Nigerian police force is. A lot of innocent people are in their custody.

They could have arrested the wife too if she was the last person that called?

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by livebyday(m): 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
I am literally speechless

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Ferdinand40: 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
angry

So police should stop investigating people?

You are a person of intrest in an homicide / kidnaping case, you were the last seen with the victim, so police should just let you go without thoroughly investigating you?

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by julybaba(m): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by majorgeneral000(f): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
God will see you through
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Coldsteel(m): 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Useless police force.That what they do.. Intentionally picking up innocent people to get bail funds
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Davidzy23(m): 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
[quote author=solmusdesigns post=83452966] angry

You are a person of intrest in an homicide / kidnaping case, you were the last seen with the victim, so police should just let you go without thoroughly investigating you?

Does that mean he has to spend three months in jail?? investigating him in jail? has he been declared guilty if the crime??
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Naijaarchive(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
The Nigerian police are just lazy and worthless... How does the call mean he is the criminal.... This matter just weak me..
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by solmusdesigns: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
Davidzy23:

33 days isnt three months,
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Stevolacious(m): 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
these places of worship are full of DEMONS...

. . . Please, read well and comprehend before you start attacking places of worship.

It is the Nigerian Police force that acted in ignorance here. Biko!�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Ferdinand40: 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by owunabastard: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:
Nigeria is not ripe enough to be a country. This man might start thinking his friend is a wicked person, not knowing it is the useless police force that is useless and completely foolish. This man should sue those useless bastards. But as money no dey now, e get as e be..

Useless police wey no know their work..Sue them. We would have to keep suing them till they learn. What if na falana the man call last, so them go arrest the lawyer? Or them go arrest pastor or them go arrest politician? Na cos them notice say this man no get voice...how can you arrest somebody for more than one month, you no charge am go court...

I too hate this country..I swear.
I agree with you totally, Nigerians should start suing this injustice from police and not just leave everything to God. That is only way they will learn their lesson

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Jasseyfrd(m): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
kittykollinxx:
After 33 days in police cell, man looks like 33 bottle. Sorry bro. God would replenish you

Basket mouth I sight u..lol
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Davidzy23(m): 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Pardon me pls.. but does he need to spend that much days cause he was d last person to call??
I wonder what's wrong with the system..

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by CanadaOrBust: 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

You are a person of intrest in a possiible homicide / kidnaping / roberry case, you were the last seen with the victim, so police should just let you go without thoroughly investigating you?

You can investigate a person without locking them up

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by solmusdesigns: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
sadly we dont have forensic department to clear cases faster, and should you release a roberry suspect without clearing him then he can abscond

Davidzy23:

Pardon me pls.. but does he need to spend that much days cause he was d last person to call??
I wonder what's wrong with the system..
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by solmusdesigns: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
Capital offense requires restricting the suspect to curb flight risk

CanadaOrBust:

You can investigate a person without locking them up
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
devilmaycry:
This country is a joke...Big one
Our country been a joke or not has nothing to do with.
His so called brother in the Lord, could have stood on his feet that he has nothing to do with.
He was a fall guy, by allowing the police to pitch him against a brother in the Lord, if they actually are.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by ebujany(m): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
Evil in the house if the lord...where is the love?
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by ediko5(m): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
Welcome to Nigeria where we have poorly-trained security officers.

In our country, we can pass a sensitive security point with a contraband just because of your dressing and appearance while all suspicious eyes are on the innocent man with plated hair, afro hair, tattoo or eye ring.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by CanadaOrBust: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
Capital offense requires restricting the suspect to curb flight risk

This is not capital offense. Besides you DETAIN the person if there is PROBABLE CAUSE, do some preliminary questioning and background check then release them

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Davidzy23(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
sadly we dont have forensic department to clear cases faster, and should you release a roberry suspect without clearing him then he can abscond

U are right bro.. but for 59 yrs we still can't boast of a forensic department... Do they even know what it means??
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Medanoski(m): 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

You are a person of intrest in a possiible homicide / kidnaping / roberry case, you were the last seen with the victim, so police should just let you go without thoroughly investigating you?

some heads are really without brains. For your information, in sane climes, if you are a person of interest in an ongoing police investigation, the police would either invite you or come to your place to ask questions and get your statement. You can only be arrested when they have evidence that ties you to the crime. People like you are the reason this country rots even deeper on daily basis.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Jabioro: 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
I shaked my head for this country..
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by joepepsy(m): 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
You look like thief small..no vex oo
AlphLukau:
Man spends 33 days in jail just for calling someone on phone in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2541225692636856&id=100002483494362
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by mozona(m): 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
na God safe this man oooh
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Blackvic1: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

olodo are they supposed to detain someone for more than 24hours without proper evidence ?it’s people like you that will ruin this country if given a juicy position

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Humility017(m): 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

and also keep him in custody for 33 days...

may sense fall on you.....
remember how I was almost shot on the prime that I was termed a suspect...all because they saw me in a public school reading my books oooh and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Medanoski(m): 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

This is not capital offense. Besides you DETAIN the person if there is PROBABLE CAUSE, do some preliminary questioning and background check then release them
Even if it is a capital offence, you still don't arrest anyone without any evidence that ties him or her to the crime. Calling someone on the phone is not a crime, except if the contents of your call are criminal

2 Likes

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by luluosas(m): 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hmm. This is strong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lead City University Security Guards Seen Assaulting A Female Student / American Wife’s Chilling Google Search Shows She Killed Her Husband — Police / Gunshots In Obalende As Rival Gangs Clash (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.