Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda (61660 Views)

Nigerian Student, Augustine Ndife, Denied Graduation In Uganda / Nobody Has Been Able To Get It Right”: Viral Photo Of Mathematics Question Spark / Viral Photo Of Black Kids Isolated From White Kids Is False.see What Happened(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by obamartins(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2019
Have You Ever Witnessed Someone's Life Fully Change In One Instant? See This.

God can turn your mockers' attempt to ridicule you to a blessing. Don't allow people to put you down, no matter what. Now here is the Story.

Meet Henry Suubi. The boy who reported to university with only a empty metallic case and racksack.

August 2019 this poor boy reports for his first day at Makerere University, the main University in Uganda and one of the biggest in Africa. He arrives carrying his luggage to his attached hall of residence, while other kids are being dropped off.

Henry is not aware that his life is about to change dramatically. Coming from a poor background, deep down in the village, he is the third born in a family of eight children raised by a struggling single mother. Henry is lucky to have scored well in his high school exams and the government awarded him a scholarship to study Bachelor of Science in education. Upon Henry's uncool arrival at campus another cool kid takes his photo and then uploads it on social media to mock this village-belly to earn likes and comments. Well, the photo goes viral!

That's how Henry Suubi met God.

A Ugandan senior journalist employed at BBC commits to run a campaign on twitter to change Henry's life. From then up to now, Henry is still receiving gifts. Let me outline a few I have on my fingertips

First, he is invited to the chancellor's office and the chancellor promises him any parental help he will ever need while at university

- A private company has offered to pay for his dream course (Bachelor of science and mechanical engineering) for all the three years

- Restaurants and hotels have committed to give and deliver him lunch and dinner all his three years of the university.

- Several companies have promised and given him shopping

- Henry received over 10 laptops from individuals and companies including his first smartphone

- Designer boutiques have given him clothes and shoes and they promise to do this all through his campus life

- Did I mention that Henry has already got a job, oh engineering companies promised him jobs and internship even before his first university assignment

- The French embassy and ambassador have given him a fully paid trip to Paris whenever he is ready

Well, the list is endless, including getting free sponsorships for his young siblings at home.
I hope I have answered your question. He later met with the boy who took the photo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg7A-ucLO8g

Story Source: Chris Bamwine.
https://www.quora.com/Have-you-ever-witnessed-someones-life-fully-change-in-one-instant-What-happened

144 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by Stephenomozzy(m): 11:40am On Oct 25, 2019
Wow! This is a beautiful story.

May all our mockers put us in places where their mockery will be ridiculed by our ascension to glory o.

Miracle (kind-heartedness and unity) really do happen!

Henry won! The snub shamed!

209 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by Divay22(f): 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
Wow

3 Likes

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by ccnation(m): 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
Just like the story of little Success in Sapele, Delta State early this year. What was meant to be a mockery just to earn social media likes became a life changing blessing.

FROM MOCKERY TO GLORY! ...this should be the caption.

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by Maryclaire1(f): 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
God changed his story for good.. Awesome God smiley

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by obamartins(m): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
lalasticlala:
obamartins kindly add link to the source
done that sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by fk002: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
lalasticlala:
obamartins kindly add link to the source

Okay this one na front page material no two ways about it.

Make I siddon for here

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by RenHub: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
When its your time its your time

Call for our 500w mobile power bank with 250AH inbuilt lithium ion battery for your TV, sound system, PCs and light for up to 14hours uptime

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by sodiqapril(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
Your life can switch within a second, don't fold, hustle hard, pray like you don't hustle, don't hate the people ahead of you...if anyone tries to oppress you don't trip.....
Remember "THERE IS NO LATECOMER IN SUCCESS"

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by obamartins(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
sodiqapril:
Your life can switch within a second, don't fold, hustle hard, pray like you don't hustle, don't hate the people ahead of you...if anyone tries to oppress you don't trip.....
Remember "THERE IS NO LATECOMER IN SUCCESS"
Well said.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by nazablossom(f): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
My Mockers where una dey? Come and help my ministry o grin.

36 Likes

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
Destiny
Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by mrssomebody(f): 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
God of Henry!!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by JubrinElSudan: 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
Someone won #49million with #100 from Bet9ja last year

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
Best Story I've read so far this Week ..There is only a thin line between Poverty and Wealth

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by starbuck(f): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
When the time is right, I the Lord will make it happen.

Isaiah 60:22

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by grandstar(m): 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2019
This is a fantastic story. We should always try to help the less fortunate rather than mock them which is common in secondary schools and higher institutions. I hope his mockers learn from this

He that is showing favor to the lowly one is lending to Jehovah, and his treatment He will repay to him.” (Proverbs 19:17)

20 Likes

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by Kendumazy(m): 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
Nice one. That's the power of being focus. The vision and future goal will always be your main target. The vision keeps energizing you to keep moving on come what may! You will never be bothered about the scarce resources, material to get there. You just keep pushing it!
"Complaining about those scarce resources, lack of confidence to manage those available resources, materials and keep pushing it is a distraction that attract your attraction seeking your attention in order not to reach your destination" stay focus! Keep your eye and mind on the vision and be hopeful! 2020 is almost here again! Don't give up on that vision.

Happy new year in advance!

7 Likes

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by wisewordd: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
You just need to be at the right place at the right time, with the right people or person.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by Abcruz(m): 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
if you are clean and upright, surely then, he'll act on your behalf and restore your rightful place.

And though your beginning was small,
your latter days will be very great.

(Job 8:6-7)

11 Likes

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by Erums(m): 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Someone won #49million with #100 from Bet9ja last year

Very correct... Lhimeet or so

1 Like

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by JubrinElSudan: 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Erums:

Very correct... Lhimeet or so
innobets

2 Likes

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by ruggedtimi(m): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2019
the boy that took him pictures, wat should one call him wicked or a blessing?

4 Likes

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by emmabest2000(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
God has made him laugh ...

Never give up in life , your turn will come too !

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by lanetrips: 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
Good.3 years for an Engineering course!But here in my country,you will spend 5 years with almost nothing to show for it.

5 Likes

Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by OyiboPep: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
Okay.
If ten people here will order my web design service, will my story not change a little?

Maybe I should go broke completely angry
Re: Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda by FarahAideed: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
Buhari you have mocked me and the Nigerian economy enough!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIZIK Has The Most Beautiful University Gate In Nigeria? / JAMB Offices, Phone Number,address And Email In All 36 States Of Nigeria / Student With Small-Stout While Reading For Exams (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.