Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece (3327 Views)

Life As An Illegal Immigrant In Greece / Nigerian's Begging For Asylum In Greece / Any Nigerian Student Presently Studying In Greece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by eghost247(m): 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2010
Friend of Mine Applied for his Greek residence
he was given this blue paper
called Vevosi
which allows him to go to Nigeria
and back
u have any idea how long he will use it
til the immigration calls him to get his residence permit
i believe from ur posts u have been to Greece
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2010
I'lll get back to you later
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 7:24pm On Nov 11, 2010
Bebeosi (pronounce Veveosi) is a Greek word which is being translated as certificate in English language. Now, when an alien applies for a fresh or for a renewal of a Greek Residence Permit (known as Adeia Paramonis), he or she is issued a Bebeosi (certificate) of application usually in the form of an officially stamped paper-document with no significant authenticity. This temporal document is deemed valid for as long as the authority takes to renew the Residence Permit or the time it takes them to reach decision which can take several years in some occasions.
   This system of Bebeosi coming between Residence Permit application or its renewal is a measure of delay tactic which the Greek authority apparently applies to frustrate aliens who are qualified (or are deemed eligible by amnesty) for the Greek residence permit. Though a Bebeosi holder is eligible for almost everything that an actual Residence permit holder is eligible for, but the length of time that a Bebeosi holder can stay outside Greece is strictly regulated, and in some cases, a Bebeosi holder would have to contact the authority in order to get clearance to leave the country and also to know how long he or she can stay away.
   Greece is an Orthodox country, about 95% of the Greeks are conservative orthodox "Christians", this is the reason it has always been difficult to obtain Greek citizenship, the cause dating back to the Ottoman empire period when the Greeks were ruled by muslim Turks for 400 years. Back then, they had a policy that whoever is baptised in the Orthodox church is a Greek, and whoever is not baptised is a Turk. This belief and practice was the traditional way by which the Hellas identified themselves as Greeks and the system has continued over time until this present day despite the modern civilization. Now, having been occupied and enslaved by the muslim Turks for 400 years, and having managed to repel the occupiers in a struggle that resulted in the Greek losing their cherished land Constantinople-Istanpolio (Istanbul) to Turkey which subsequently converted the magnificient "Holy Sophia" Church into a Mosque, the surviving Greeks now hate Muslims with passion, this hatred is the root cause of the Greek government's delay tactics by which they use the Bebeosi system to make it extremely difficult for aliens from Muslim world to get long term residence permit that would eventually qualify them for the Greek citizenship; The majority of immigrants seeking Residence permit in Greece are Muslims from Albania and the Asian world, and the Greeks are not comfortable with this fact and unfortunately, those who are not Muslims are also affected by this authority grievances: It would interest you to know that many people in their quest for the Greek passport turn orthodox and get orthodox baptizm which involves a ritual in which a protion of their hair is cut off as an oath of membership and faithfulness to the orthodox sect.
   How much are you gonna pay me for this?
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by eghost247(m): 1:21am On Nov 12, 2010
Lol thanks for the Information
i just felt surprised when he told me he got a Vevosi and i said ah what is Vevosi
that he is supposed to get his sticker
so i wanted to know what the drill is
and i remember u saying something about that document
how come u know so much about the Vevosi
did u use one and for how long before they called u to get your permit
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 10:55am On Nov 12, 2010
eghost247:

Lol thanks for the Information
i just felt surprised when he told me he got a Vevosi and i said ah what is Vevosi
that he is supposed to get his sticket
so i wanted to know what the drill is
and i remember u saying something about that document
how come u know so much about the Vevosi
did u use one and for how long before they called u to get your permit
I lived in Greece longer than i ever lived in any other country, and when i live in a place, i study and observe things around so i won't be ignorant with the system and the people: I speak Greek as fluent as i speak English and therefore, i can say i know Greece as much as i know the back of my hand.
Now, like i explained before, Veveosi is a certificate of registration which is issued to an alien whose residence permit is pending, there is no time frame involved with this paper-document, a holder can hold it for several years until s/he is issued or denied the actual Residence Permit: Veveosi is mockingly referred to as Perimene which means Hold-on or wait.
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by eghost247(m): 6:22pm On Nov 12, 2010
Vicjustice
did u use this vevosi
and for how long
did u use it?
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2010
eghost247:

Vicjustice
did u use this vevosi
and for how long
did u use it?
The nature of documents that i've used or that i'm currently using is not something i feel comfortable to disclose at this point, i might disclose it if i were corresponding with you in private, but as things are now, i'm sorry to be disappointing you this time: Experience has taught me never to feel free with Nairalanders any more, i used to be very free and sharing with every one, even sharing my personal details both with personal and family photos until people began to abuse me with insults, even Funkybaby threatened to use my photos for Ijebu black magic charm and no action was taken by the Administrator regarding such abuse. I hope you understand.
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2010
Vicjustice:

even Funkybaby threatened to use my photos for Ijebu black magic charm and no action was taken by the Administrator regarding such abuse. I hope you understand.

Awww! Come on, bro! cheesy You don't believe in all this black magic stuff, do you? Funkybaby was only pulling your leg. She's pretty harmless, she wouldn't hurt a fly. wink
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by eghost247(m): 3:36am On Nov 13, 2010
Vicjustice:

The nature of documents that i've used or that i'm currently using is not something i feel comfortable to disclose at this point, i might disclose it if i were corresponding with you in private, but as things are now, i'm sorry to be disappointing you this time: Experience has taught me never to feel free with Nairalanders any more, i used to be very free and sharing with every one, even sharing my personal details both with personal and family photos until people began to abuse me with insults, even Funkybaby threatened to use my photos for Ijebu black magic charm and no action was taken by the Administrator regarding such abuse. I hope you understand.
its alright i see where u coming from
vicjustice this friend of mine is married to a foreign woman
which he married in greece
and now he wants to come to france
but for the messed up greek document
which he has to wait
he cant
can he apply for a visa to his wifes country with the greek document given to him
she is not greek
he wants to submit in her country too
and file for the residence there
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by bulletG(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2010
@eghost247 , yes he can use it 2 apply 4 visa and then go to his wife's country n file 4 his residence permit there, all he has to do is send his original greek marriage cert with apostile on it , data page of his passport, and a copy of his vevosi to his wife 2 register d marriage in her country, after then d wife will send him an invitation letter and an original marriage cert frm her country n some other little doc n he will get the visa, feel free 2 ask any more questions,
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by eghost247(m): 8:21am On Nov 13, 2010
but when do u think the greek document will be handed to him
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 9:40am On Nov 13, 2010
bullet G:

yes he can use it 2 apply 4 visa and then go to his wife's country n file 4 his residence permit there, all he has to do is send his original greek marriage cert with apostile on it , data page of his passport, and a copy of his vevosi to his wife 2 register d marriage in her country, after then d wife will send him an invitation letter and an original marriage cert frm her country n some other little doc n he will get the visa, feel free 2 ask any more questions,
   Man, not so. You should realise that Greece is a Schengen state and that the holders of its Residence Permit do not need a visa for Shengen countries.
   But concerning Bebeosi; this hugely depends on the Greek authority and the embassy of the country that he is visiting. Like i explained in my analysis about Bebeosi, it is a certificate of registration, and what a holder can do with it depends on what the Greek authority allows, so, stating that it can be used to apply for a visa would be wrong; in most cases, the terms of this paper-document is not defined, and the conditions are flexible and adjustable: there are cases when holders have been allowed to travel only to their own countries with them, and there are cases when vevoesi holders are not allowed to leave Greece at all, and there are instances when people who are not allowed to leave Greece consulted the authority and request for permission to leave Greece, and sometimes, they are granted such permission with strict time frame regulations, and sometimes, they are not granted the permission: I had a friend who left Greece with veveosi and was not allowed to re-enter the country, he was detained for several days in the immigration cell at El. Venezelous airport before being deported back to Nigeria where he stayed for several weeks before being grated a visa to return to Greece and continue with his papers (he was granted the visa because he had compelling reasons to return to Greece), most people never get the visa to return back to greece.
   So now, the usage of veveosi widely depends on what the Greek authority allows: and while Greece is a Schengen country and aliens holding its residence permit do not require visas to travel freely within the Schengen states, the Veveosi holders do not enjoy same privilege and most embassies would not issue a visa to a veveosi holder because, it is not defined that a vevosi holder will be allowed re-entry into to Greece (you should know that this is a basic requirement).
   Your friend has to consult the Greek authority and see if he's allowed to travel out and return freely to Greece, and also, he has to visit the embassy of his wife's country to see if he'd be issued a visa with Veveosi, this is the only way he can find out for sure.
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 10:56am On Nov 13, 2010
Siena:

Awww! Come on, bro! cheesy You don't believe in all this black magic stuff, do you? Funkybaby was only pulling your leg. She's pretty harmless, she wouldn't hurt a fly. wink
   Ha, no way, Siena, i never would believe in such primitive thing; but the fact that a Nairaland user openly admitted that she extracted my photo from Nairaland for the purpose of evil is something abhorred.
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by fbiswagger: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2010
VicJustice

Mr. Vic once had a reason to fret

Ok Vic, see this;

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by spikedcylinder: 8:29am On Nov 14, 2010
Vicjustice:

I understand you jare. One cannot but be careful on these boards.
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by bulletG(m): 8:39am On Nov 14, 2010
@VICJUSTICE, guy, What u said abt d vevosi is right , but  where u got it wrong is dat greek Govt issues diz vevosi on two conditions, 1, for doz registering or renewing for greek residence permit (diz type is usually gotten when greek Govt legalizes immigrants)  and for doz who are married and are waiting for there marriage greek 5yrs residence permit,  the type of vevosi am talking abt is d one issued based on marriage, , once you are married in greece, after submitting ur docs at d demos, u will b issued wot d called yellow vevosi and with dat yellow vevosi, u can now go the police and kill ur pink card, diz card is an asylum doc dat is used by immigrants, once your pink card is killed, then u will go back to demos n collect your BLUE VEVOSI,

NOW my point is, once u have a blue vevosi dat is issued to u based on marriage, it is ur right to use it to collect visa and go to the country of ur wife, , all d embassies accepts diz vevosi to issue u a visa to go n vist ur wife in her country, so far ur wife will give u all d necessary doc needed 4 d visa, i have seen cases of my friends who married ladies from POLAND, BULGARIA, HUNGARIA, SWEDEN, DENMARK,ETC all travelled out of greece with a visa issued based on diz blue vevosi,
well 4 d record, am currently in greece now n i can tell u 1st hand how d system works at diz moment
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by bulletG(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2010
@ eghost247

(but when do u think the greek document will be handed to him)

Well to ans your question, it depends, , b4 diz doc is usually ready after 90days, ie 3months, but after d greek Govt Election n austerity measures imposed by d new prime minister papandrou, greek citizens went on a massive strike, and diz strike affected a lot of things, and also during diz strike a lot of workers were laid off, especially doz working in d demos and perifelia where diz doc is being processed and bcuz of that one can wait as long as 9months t0 1 year b4 ur doc will b ready!! so tell ur friend either to be patient and wait or go to his wife's embassy and collect visa n travel to his wife's country n file 4 his paper there, 2ndly, i hope ur friend have not had any criminal record with d greek govt, cuz if d check his record and find any kind of criminal record on his file, he can wait 4 his paper as long as 3 to 4 yrs, dat is if it will even b released!, well i wish him all d best!
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by eghost247(m): 8:57am On Nov 14, 2010
Thanks for the Info but isnt there a way he can speed this thing up
Actually he is more closer to me than a friend
and i want him to leave Greece
as quick as he can
is there a way he can speed it up
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by bulletG(m): 9:16am On Nov 14, 2010
He can speed it up by using a lawyer, if he is in Athens, u can tell him to send me his fone no on my yahoo mail, ejykco2002@yahoo.com, i can link him up with some good lawyers that can help him speed up his paper or help him collect visa n go n submit in his wife's country, but note, d lawyers will charge him 4 d services,
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by wishlolia(f): 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
excellent credit to this chap, vicjustice
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by justhustle: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2010
hello house,i wish to know if it is possible to change status while in canada,
i mean going in with a visitors visa and on getting to canada,before the expiration of the 6 months temporary visa change status to,say student category,
i would like to know the processes/procedures and possible duration
your comment would really be appreciated.
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2010
justhustle:

hello vicjustice and co
,i wish to know if it is possible to change status while in canada,
i mean going in with a visitors visa and on getting to canada,before the expiration of the 6 months temporary visa change status to,say student category,
i would like to know the processes/procedures and possible duration
your comment would really be appreciated.
*Canada, with its size bigger than the USA and a population of less than 32 million is highly underpopulated and in need of immigrants: its immigration rules as well as its legalisation and naturalisation policies are argueably the most immigrant friendly in the world, people who entered the country by deceitful means are able to legalise themselves by one means or the other therefore, i expect it to be easier for someone who entered with a visa

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94557.0.html
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by eghost247(m): 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2010
Bullet G how long did u use ur VEVOSI
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by endmoll(m): 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2010
@vicjustice,you are real malaka seems like you are an old soldier in Athens? How is life with you over there if you are still there?I got fustrated from the adias paramoni that started as far back as 1996 but till date never got my brasini karter.Am i Nigeria now feed up with them and almost spent 15yrs in that shuvlaki country.Thank God i got my US visa just last week and will be leaving for the US before Chrismas.I will advice whoever wants to go there to be sure of LEGALAZATION BLUNDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prety nice country and friendly loving people.
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Busybody2(f): 9:54pm On Nov 26, 2010
endmoll:

@vicjustice,you are real malaka seems like you are an old soldier in Athens? How is life with you over there if you are still there?I got fustrated from the adias paramoni that started as far back as 1996 but till date never got my brasini karter.Am i Nigeria now feed up with them and almost spent 15yrs in that shuvlaki country.Thank God i got my US visa just last week and will be leaving for the US before Chrismas.I will advice whoever wants to go there to be sure of LEGALAZATION BLUNDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prety nice country and friendly loving people.

Chei, 15 years shocked All is well that ends well sha, wish you a successful and fruitful sojourn to the mighty Ol' US of A smiley
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 10:48pm On Nov 26, 2010
endmoll:

Ela re Pousti, poios einai Malakas Ego cheesy ? Ti ehine, eisai kala? Sichariteria gia to visa tis Amerikis pou vreikes; Na pernas kai na eisai kala. Ta leme file mou.

Explanation: Edmoll says that i am a real "Malaka", Greek word for Masturbator. Now, calling someone a masturbator is not that offensive in Greece especially when you make friendly gesture with it, but it could be considered offensive when you used a harsh tone with the word.
   Now, the translation of what i wrote in Greek: Com'on, you Gay, who is a Masturbator, me  cheesy? What's up, are you ok? Congratulations for the American visa that you got; May it be well with you. We'd talk my friend
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by comechop1: 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2010
@ Vicjustice. yia soo kalispera tikanis? Me lene comeshop. Parakelo apopuiste? posselene? Efharisto

Kala laveno ellinika just ligaki
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Hoodrat(m): 1:09am On Nov 29, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 1:57am On Nov 29, 2010
Hoodrat:

A FRIEND OF MINE RECENTLY GOT MARRIED TO POLISH WOMAN IN NIGERIA AND THEIR MARRIAGE HAS BEEN REGISTERED IN POLAND, AND HAVE PLANS OF TRAVELING TO POLAND TO MEET HIS WIFE FOR THE CHRISTMAS,CAN HE GET ENTRANCE TO POLAND WITHIN A WEEK AND WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENT REQUIRE FOR THIS, WILL APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK ON THIS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
   CONSIDER THESE QUESTIONS:
   How did he meet his wife?   
   How long did the wife stay in Nigeria before and after their wedding?
   Was there any person from the wife's side that was present at her wedding?
   How long have they been married?
   Where does his wife live in?
   What is the wife's profession?
   How is her financial situation like?
   What is the financial situation of the man like?
   How long have they known each other?
   How often do they communicate and by what means?
   Any prove of communication/correspondence?
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 2:04am On Nov 29, 2010
come chop:

@ Vicjustice. yia soo kalispera tikanis? Me lene comeshop. Parakelo apopuiste? posselene? Efharisto

Kala laveno ellinika just ligaki
Kyrie Comehop, Kalispera apo emena! Kala eima kai esy? elpizo eisai kala. Giati me rotas apo pou eimai? Eimai apo tin Nigheria san esena kai me lene Victoras (to kanoniko onoma). Na eisai kala.
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Hoodrat(m): 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2010

ok.
Re: Vicjustice I Believe U Might Have An Idea Of Vevosi In Greece by Vicjustice: 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2010
Hoodrat:

A FRIEND OF MINE RECENTLY GOT MARRIED TO POLISH WOMAN IN NIGERIA AND THEIR MARRIAGE HAS BEEN REGISTERED IN POLAND, AND HAVE PLANS OF TRAVELING TO POLAND TO MEET HIS WIFE FOR THE CHRISTMAS,CAN HE GET ENTRANCE TO POLAND WITHIN A WEEK AND WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENT REQUIRE FOR THIS, WILL APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK ON THIS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Hoodrat:

when i got my hungary permit it wasnt hard no bank statement was requested from me, and nothing about my work was asked i only tendered my passport,birth certificate and original marriage certificate which was registered in hungary after our wedding in nigeria and with my wife documents. thats all and i got my entrance in 2 weeks, i met my wife on internet and things went well. so pleae feed me back with important answer so i can tell my friend to proceed and hopefully he will get it cuz i very much want him in europe.
   What manner of a character are you then? If really you've had an experience with a Schengen Hungary permit for reason of your marriage to a Hungarian citizen, then why have you come here to ask how long it would take your friend to do the same and also to know the kind of documents that he requires for a similar visa?
   Are you a time waster or you are for real?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Bank In Nigeria For International Students? / FOR NIGERIANS: Is These Why Want To Travel Abroad? / Pregnant Traveller To Usa, Ir2 Visa Status, 7 Months Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.