Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado (59252 Views)

The All New 2024 Toyota Prado... What's Your Take? / 2020 4th Generation Mitsubishi Pajero Sport SUV Launched In Lagos / Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by stagger: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is why I prefer to buy a car abroad, ship it and pay the customs duty on the car. At least, I know what I am driving.

Chai! This wisdom comes from the very pit of hell. Intended to deceive and extort. Thank God aircraft are not made here. Decompression go dey happen steady.

5 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Famundpropertie: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
diportivo:
wait fesssss

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Exponental(m): 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
Everything is possible. Ask bobrisky.

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by skyhighweb(m): 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
u took pictures and said ur mind, how u not sure d owner requested it to b like that, its all part of customising nah

2 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Gudguyz(m): 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
king406:
Will they also upgrade the engine and transmission

If they bake the car finished ur mind will not even go there,except your friend has the same model...
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Vic74real: 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
Oh.God bless you for this post.ive almost fallen prey two days.almost paid for a upgraded,supposed 2009 Lexus ES 350.On checking the VIN,discovered it's bn twice accidented.Was declared by the Insurer a total write-off.And wait for this,it's even 2007.if you see the eye where I look d dealer where bring come my office.make I no spoil person biz by mentioning my city and the dealer

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by OlujobaSamuel: 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
Lol, the major problem be sey you no fit even tell the buyer sey na fake moto e buy, e go turn you to devil advocate with village people join.
Abeg, i bin dey see Lexus RX 330 and 350 badge on same kinda vehicle and the thing dey confuse, most of the RX 350 I dey see na 330 me know them to be, abeg who fit clarify why dem dey look the same and the difference?
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Contumely: 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2019
CarGuideNG:

Each case is different, but several are centred around changing the model year in the original VIN, to a more recent model year matching the external "upgrades".

For instance in a 2008 Toyota Highlander, the external panels, head and tail lamps, grille, perhaps bumpers and other fixtures may be changed to those of the more recent and expensive 2012 or 2013 Toyota Highlander.

In that case, if the original 2008 Highlander VIN were
JTEES41A582068496,
the 10th digit in the VIN is usually the model year (North American market vehicles). It is " 8 " in this example.

The 10th digit of the VIN for a 2013 Highlander would be " D ".

So one way of tampering with the VIN would be to change the original 10th digit from " 8 " to " D " -

JTEES41A582068496 (Genuine)
to
JTEES41A5D2068496 (Tampered with, Fake).

The Highlander would then be sold as a 2013 Highlander for more profit, instead of a 2008 Highlander.

We specialize in comprehensive history reports which may include VIN analysis, in such cases.

interesting.

Wouldn't one easily notice it considering that checks on the fake vin would reveal nothing....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by SonOfUbunja: 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2019
CarGuideNG:
The easiest way to ensure you don't get misled or deceived is to get a comprehensive history report before you buy any car.

In this case however, because the Prado was not sold in North America, ownership and other details may not be easily accessible.

The specs, including the factory colour, year of production and model year etc would still be vital to avoid scenarios like this, especially when one considers that sometimes the VIN may also be tampered with to match the more recent physical appearance of the car, in which case one would need to analyse the VIN carefully.

That information, in addition to general research and thorough physical inspection by a professional would be of great help.

I am a satisfied customer and I endorse this message.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by hammerT: 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
I CAN TELL ALL THE MAJOR BAD BELLE PEOPLE HERE ARE AFONJA.

DEM DONE BEGIN CRUSADE. LOSERS!
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by InvertedHammer: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
Lol, the major problem be sey you no fit even tell the buyer sey na fake moto e buy, e go turn you to devil advocate with village people join.
Abeg, i bin dey see Lexus RX 330 and 350 badge on same kinda vehicle and the thing dey confuse, most of the RX 350 I dey see na 330 me know them to be, abeg who fit clarify why dem dey look the same and the difference?
/
Engine size and power.

/
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by TheStarsAlign: 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
But why?
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

04-06 RX330 and 07-09 RX350 have the same design.

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Inception(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
delishpot:

The point is not about race car or not. Everything was tested out with the original frame design before it was put on the market. Changing the body would surely affect the dynamics. Plus, one can't guaranty that those fault liklnes where those parts are selded would be secure and safe during impact as an original smooth uncompromised body would.
Ok

No point arguing with you.
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by hammerT: 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

04-06 RX330 and 07-09 RX350 have the same design.

THANK YOU FOR THAT.

E JUST BE LIKE IPHONE X WITH TWO CAMERA AND IPHONE 11 WITH THREE CAMERA.

IF WE COMOT TWO CAMERA ADD THREE, WAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IPHONE X AND IPHONE 11?

CAR MANUFACTURERS LIKE TOYOTA WILL CHANGE LIGHT AND DEMAND 80 THOUSAND DOLLARS, CALLING THE CAR BRAND NEW.

U GO LADIPO, THEY CAN DO IT FOR YOU CHEAPER.

2 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by hammerT: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2019
And as always the ethically challenged Nigerian criminals masquerading as businessmen are here to defend. They cannot make cars , they can only destroy other people’s brands with their tacky jobs.
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Kinematics: 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
hammerT:

[s]THANK YOU FOR THAT.

IF WE COMOT TWO CAMERA ADD THREE, WAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IPHONE X AND IPHONE 11?

CAR MANUFACTURERS LIKE TOYOTA WILL CHANGE LIGHT AND DEMAND 80 THOUSAND DOLLARS, CALLING THE CAR BRAND NEW.

[/s]

Lame!
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
hammerT:

THANK YOU FOR THAT.

Just shut up.

5 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Burger01(m): 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
decatalyst:
Those people can change any destiny grin
cheesy
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by hammerT: 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Just shut up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I LAFFF.... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
Vic74real:
Oh.God bless you for this post.ive almost fallen prey two days.almost paid for a upgraded,supposed 2009 Lexus ES 350.On checking the VIN,discovered it's bn twice accidented.Was declared by the Insurer a total write-off.And wait for this,it's even 2007.if you see the eye where I look d dealer where bring come my office.make I no spoil person biz by mentioning my city and the dealer
You live in Calabar. Which of these four Lexus ES 350 was brought to you?

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Butoneday2(m): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
decatalyst:
Those people can change any destiny grin
Those is understatement, who are those?
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Isoduwa(m): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
Nice job this people need help

I don't know if they can help Nigerian to change Buhari 4+4 to Harri 00 maybe Nigerian will be good again

2 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by hammerT: 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Isoduwa:
Nice job this people need help

I don't know if they can help Nigerian to change Buhari 4+4 to Harri 00 maybe Nigerian will be good again

MY BROTHER, AND WE WILL HELP DEM.... INSHA ALLAH!
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by cooltola(m): 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
Before you buy a car, make sure the brakes are in good shape and the airbags are working . The problem is that many of these cars sold in Nigeria are from flooded area or hurricane hit cars, or totaled car from USA or overseas. These fraudulent dealers do some crappy repair works and sell these cars to Nigerians. Unfortunately many Nigerians are not educated on how to shop for cars. it is very sad that many lorry or trailers from Europe who fails basic brake test are sold in Nigeria where many innocent Nigerians are paying with their lives. The reality is that the Nigerian customs needs to at least check these car for vehicle inspections and ban the importation of cars that are dangerous to safety of the average Nigerians. The road safety or Lasma or whatever they are called, need to step up and do their work. Checking seat belts will not solve the major problems associated with imported cars. I will say it is better to buy an imported car new or supported locally made lmmosun cars or someone you know overseas that will not sell you junk cars. Too many lives are lost in accidents

2 Likes

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
delishpot:

The point is not about race car or not. Everything was tested out with the original frame design before it was put on the market. Changing the body would surely affect the dynamics. Plus, one can't guaranty that those fault lines where those parts are wellded together would be secure and safe during impact as an original smooth uncompromised body would.

love-vendor my ride does same with old cars.
Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by hammerT: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
[s]
cooltola:
Before you buy a car, make sure the brakes are good shape and the airbags are working . The problem is that many of these cars sold in Nigeria are from flooded area or hurricane hit cars, or totaled car from USA, or overseas. The fraudulent dealers do same crappy repair works and sell these cars to Nigerians. Unfortunately many Nigerians are not educated on how to shop for cars. it is very sad that many lorry or trailers from Europe who fails basic brake test are sold to Nigeria where many innocent Nigerians are paying with their lives. The reality is that the Nigerian customs needs to at least check these car for vehicle inspections and banned the importation of cars that deemed dangerous to safety of the average Nigerians. The road safety or Lasma or whatever they are called, need to step up and do their work. Checking seat belts will not solve the major problems associated with imported cars. I will say it is better to buy an imported car new or supported locally made lmmosun cars or someone you know overseas that will not sell you junk cars. Too many lives are lost on accidents
[/s]

GO AND START MAKING THE CARS YOU CAN AFFORD YOURSELF, AS IS DONE IN OTHER COUNTRIES.

ORDINARY PAKISTAN IS NOW MAKING FIGHTER JET.

INDIA IS MAKING AEROPLANE.

ARE THEY BETTER THAN THE BLACK MAN?

U GET WAT U DESERVE, HURRICANE HIT CARS, ACCIDENT CARS WITH PEOPLE DIEING INSIDE.

CARS WHERE PEOPLE WERE SHOT DEAD, ETC

IF U DONT LIKE IT, BUY THE ONES MADE IN YOUR COUNTRY BRAND NEW. I.E IVM

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by cooltola(m): 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
hammerT:
[s][/s]

GO AND START MAKING THE CARS YOU CAN AFFORD YOURSELF AS IS DONE IN OTHER COUNTRIES.

ORDIANRY PAKISTAN IS NOW MAKING FIGHTER JET.

INDIA IS MAKING AEROPLANE.

ARE THEY BETTER THAN THE BLACK MAN?

U GET WAT U DESERVE, HURRICANE HIT CARS, ACCIDENT CARS WITH PEOPLE DIEING INSIDE.

CARS WHERE PEOPLE WERE SHOT DEAD, ETC

IF U DONT LIKE IT, BUY THE ONES MADE IN YOUR COUNTRY BRAND NEW. I.E IVM

THAT IS WHY I MENTION IMMOSUN CARS.

1 Like

Re: As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
cooltola:
Before you buy a car, make sure the brakes are good shape and the airbags are working . The problem is that many of these cars sold in Nigeria are from flooded area or hurricane hit cars, or totaled car from USA or overseas. These fraudulent dealers do same crappy repair works and sell these cars to Nigerians. Unfortunately many Nigerians are not educated on how to shop for cars. it is very sad that many lorry or trailers from Europe who fails basic brake test are sold to Nigeria where many innocent Nigerians are paying with their lives. The reality is that the Nigerian customs needs to at least check these car for vehicle inspections and banned the importation of cars that deemed dangerous to safety of the average Nigerians. The road safety or Lasma or whatever they are called, need to step up and do their work. Checking seat belts will not solve the major problems associated with imported cars. I will say it is better to buy an imported car new or supported locally made lmmosun cars or someone you know overseas that will not sell you junk cars. Too many lives are lost on accidents

Many of those trailers you are writing about are from China.

Mack, DAF and Man Diesel are good and reliable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vintage 1967 Benz 230 Used As A Wedding Car At CMS Church Lagos / N1.3billion Karlmann King: The Most Expensive SUV In The World / Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.