Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON (22444 Views)

Pre-Election Violence: Military, Others Begin Raids On Hoodlums’ Hideouts / DICON Partners With Innoson Vehicles In Producing Military Hardware (Photos) / Bishop Kukah: Buhari Has Promoted Tribalism, Religion In Military, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by hopexter(m): 7:35am On Oct 26, 2019
slimfit1:
Shocking this is shocking disturbing and shameful. Jonathan and Bukhari I don't know what to say.

Go back to bed, you're sleep typing grin
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by kuntash: 7:37am On Oct 26, 2019
Myde4naija:
in ur opinion it is better to import those kit rather than making it here.

Not at all if you read my post well...

The point is we tend to copy some things elsewhere without knowing the foundation...

Kudos to some of the ideas of past RULERS.. The reason why tailors were locally sourced to do that job was clear...

Not addressing some foundational issues is the issue here,

WHY DID THEY TURN TO IMPORTATION?

WOULDN'T IT BE APPROPRIATE TO PROBE THE FOREIGN PATRONAGE AS YOU CLAIMED? THE WAY THE NDDC IS ABOUT TO BE PROBED?

It's not just about setting up new scheme that would be another avenue to siphon cash..... Any institution without a strong foundation or fundamentals sure collapses in no time
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by klax(m): 7:39am On Oct 26, 2019
I think I'm supporting this one 100%. It's a good move but kindly make it fully Nigeria in time to come.

Buhari I'm not your fan but anytime you make move like these I like it because all I just want is how this country can work again.

I'm proudly Nigerian till earth exist no more no matter what.
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by mekuxiani(m): 7:46am On Oct 26, 2019
NGpatriot:
PMB is on a roll...

No more foreign contract, looting and stealing.

It's all about local production and self sufficiency.

I love this man..
and you think you can fight terrorist with local weapons
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by adekolaelect(m): 7:52am On Oct 26, 2019
kuntash:

Now I can say easily you are probably paid to sing praises...

If you are in Lagos, don't you know the garment factory in Yaba for the military?

You don't see Turkey there as an issue? Why not for once open your mind and be bold to criticize intelligently even if you are paid to be singing praises at all times?
when is it become sin for him to commend Buharis good work? Your wailing level is more than how Buharis efcc chaises oppositions in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by adecz: 7:55am On Oct 26, 2019
We are partnering with a foreign
country to come & sew uniform for
our military & paramilitary!!

Na mumu go kill this govt angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by MoIbrahim: 7:59am On Oct 26, 2019
He's welcome to pay last respect to his mama grin

solmusdesigns:
cool

Buhari is really working on compensating us for his average performance in the first term

Buhari should allow Nnamdi Kanu to come and bury his mother jare.. the Coward has been wailing on social media

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by solmusdesigns: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2019
Oga Buhari don lock Border oo so no running this time if burutai shows up for the burial

MoIbrahim:
He's welcome to pay last respect to his mama grin

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by johnsonedidiong(m): 8:14am On Oct 26, 2019
Adding more problems to Kaduna can they established this in another state most every thing military be in Kaduna
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by OlujobaSamuel: 8:22am On Oct 26, 2019
urahara:

Lmao , all these countries you have listed are mega importers . These countries import more than the whole of Africa combined.
What is Nigeria comparative and absolute advantage compared to those countries?
Self sufficiency isn't about blocking import or producing all you need but capacity to produce basic needs
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by naijadrivablog: 8:25am On Oct 26, 2019
kuntash:

Now I can say easily you are probably paid to sing praises...

If you are in Lagos, don't you know the garment factory in Yaba for the military?

You don't see Turkey there as an issue? Why not for once open your mind and be bold to criticize intelligently even if you are paid to be singing praises at all times?

grin You couldn't have said it better.
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by pafisayo(m): 8:26am On Oct 26, 2019
urahara:

China is not a" self sufficient country " at all.China's imports range in the trillions of dollars. There is no country in the world that is self sufficient. You people should make more research before you talk.

I doubt their is a need for any kind of Research.
You have succeeded in twisting the analogy.
The post is not about Nigeria as a country being 100% self sufficient. No country can be self sufficient totally’ raw materials/mineral resources etc are scattered all over the continents and no one country has it all .
But if 40% of what we consume in Nigeria as Nigerians are Nigerian product made or processed by Nigerians “ it still won’t make us self sufficient or super rich but it would be a POSITIVE STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR ALL NIGERIANS .
That’s the Gist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by vertueptime: 8:57am On Oct 26, 2019
NGpatriot:
PMB is on a roll...

No more foreign contract, looting and stealing.

It's all about local production and self sufficiency.

I love this man..

Then patronize and promote foriegn medical tourism , zombiesm has no cure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by kjhova(m): 8:58am On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Buhari is really working on compensating us for his average performance in the first term

Buhari should allow Nnamdi Kanu to come and bury his mother jare.. the Coward has been wailing on social media

This has nothing to do with Buhari. The coward, Kanu, jumped bail and fled the country hereby breaking the law and running away from his existing case at Justice Binta Nyako's court. He can wail all he wants however, no one has stopped him from coming to Nigeria.

All he has to do is buy a ticket, jump on a plane and land into the waiting arms of the DSS who should promptly drag him back to court where his bail will be instantly revoked and zoooom! Kuje, here we come!! Talmabout burying his mother!!!
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by LZAA: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Did kanu beg anybody to allow him to come home?
Pls receive sense
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku bastardmod greenback

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 10:07am On Oct 26, 2019
24kmagic:
Good move.

But why Kaduna?

Must everything go to Kaduna and Kano?

What of Abuja?

See land everywhere in Abuja, yet they choosed Kaduna to sight this thing.

Ok oooo.

Abuja is administrative city not industrial hub . Afterall Kaduna is more closer to cotton producing states than Abuja
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by Penisman: 10:48am On Oct 26, 2019
Truthwords:
Why the Turkish firm partnership. I thought Nigeria signed a deal with local uniform and boot makers in Nigeria. Everything should be made here 100% The so called DICON is not fully Nigerian.

There is a functional garment factory in Calabar built by Gov. Ayade... Why can't the parastatal partner with this one. Must it always be a foreign company?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by Franking: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2019
As usual, it has to be Kaduna. Kaduna and Nigeria Army are 5 and 6. As long as the Yoruba like it then no wahala. Let us all enjoy Buhari government together.
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by Franking: 11:02am On Oct 26, 2019
Kabir2Mohammad:

Abuja is administrative city not industrial hub . Afterall Kaduna is more closer to cotton producing states than Abuja

The North own the Army and Kaduna is the capital of the North.
NDA
NMS
Army Depot
Command and Staff College
All in Kaduna alone.
How many are in Osun or Ekiti or Ebonyi or Anambra?
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by AgadiNwoke: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

cheesy[/s]
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by AgadiNwoke: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

grin

I thought Ibos are brave and yorubas are the fearfull once

[/s]
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by AgadiNwoke: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Abaribe still has 100million hanging
[/s]
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 26, 2019
[quote author=NGpatriot post=83462649][/quote] I was there at the ground breaking ceremony of the factory ..ogbeni Rauf represented baba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 26, 2019
Truthwords:
Why the Turkish firm partnership. I thought Nigeria signed a deal with local uniform and boot makers in Nigeria. Everything should be made here 100% The so called DICON is not fully Nigerian.
bross you don't know what you are saying. Dicon is fully Nigerian. It was established by germans and it was handed over to nigeria many years ago.. don't mislead pple pls, for the records I work there
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by AgadiNwoke: 11:33am On Oct 26, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Oga Buhari don lock Border oo so no running this time if burutai shows up for the burial

[/s]
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2019
Buhari do fast and go biko! Dreaming of vision 2020 and tax is enough for us. Just go fast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by chijioke17(m): 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2019
urahara:

China is not a" self sufficient country " at all.China's imports range in the trillions of dollars. There is no country in the world that is self sufficient. You people should make more research before you talk.
Look at what I quoted, he said "name one country that has gotten rich by being self sufficient ". Cjina may no longer be self sufficient, but they got rich bt being self sufficient. If you research on the economical history of china, you'll realise that at a point, they closed their borders. No import or export. Took advantage of their man power. China is one of the biggest technology locations if not the biggest economy in the world. Thanks to their hard stand. Lastly, please be sure of facts before you counter a claim
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by mechanics(m): 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
It means patronage for Innoson's products by the military and para military will be affected.
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by RTSC: 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
The best brains are in the South. The freedom of ideas are in the south.

Siting our defence industry in Kaduna is like running with one leg.
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by NGpatriot: 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
urahara:

Name one country that has gotten rich from being " self sufficient "

What kind of question is this? Is the topic about being rich or self sufficient?

If you are so obsessed about being rich, try yahoo yahoo..
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by NGpatriot: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2019
vertueptime:

Then patronize and promote foriegn medical tourism , zombiesm has no cure

Ipob zombie, hatred never bare you any fruit or success since 1960 so you should know by now that you are irrelevant and God is not on your side.

God Bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Policy Agenda Unveiled / Ibe Kachikwu Visits Exxonmobil Headquarters (Photos) / Thugs Loyal To APC Chairman Brutalise PDP Members During Osun West By-election(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.