Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,598 members, 7,801,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football (85076 Views)

5 Nigerian Stars Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football / 3 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Lost Important Goals When Super Eagles Needed It / Mikel, Kanu, Yakubu Named Among Epl's Most Influential African Footballers Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by daneni1(m): 11:38am On Oct 26, 2019
bluefilm:
Add Iron Mike Tyson to the list biko.

That guy is no longer broke ooo, he owns one of the biggest cannabis farm in America. For now his net worth is up to $2billion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Gideoniteprime4: 11:40am On Oct 26, 2019
Chizmickey:

Oga they are broke
but they are still better than you grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by 4orreal: 11:41am On Oct 26, 2019
Nothing last forever.....once u have help someone beneath because nobody knows tomorrow....
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Greenback: 11:47am On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Ibo man must be there.. after showing off and stealing to fund christmas village chestbeating celebration, they end up broke and constituiting nuisance in yoruba land, north , asia or southafrica

Tueh!!!

The beginning of mental grin

No enter market o grin
lzaa immhotep

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by maasoap(m): 11:49am On Oct 26, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Not flaunting wealth on social media is the New definition of BROKE angry

Their stories were everywhere in the media. They were actually broke like broken glass cup.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Brunt654: 11:55am On Oct 26, 2019
Cool
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Tyche(m): 11:55am On Oct 26, 2019
jayextra:

It pains me to think about the energy being wasted just to keep you alive.
If anyone was half as stupid as you, they’d be the eighth wonder of the world.

Worse still, the dunce is a mushroom graphic designer grin grin grin looking for job up and down, but at the same time, alienating some part of his customers base by foolish utterances.

Imagine if the guy that designed the new Innoson Logo was a known bigot?

Tomorrow, he will be frustrated for lack of no job and hang himself.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by ajl: 11:57am On Oct 26, 2019
I saw Oruma in the middle of August while on a visit to Lagos. He came out of MegaChicken in Lekki and drove away in a vehicle. He was modestly dressed and did not appear to be someone in a terrible financial situation. That didn't even cross my mind when I saw him a distance away while I was waiting for a Taxify ride.

Does it mean that by Nigerians standard you are a broke ex-football star if you do not go around in flashy clothes, cars, and women....? I wonder o.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Angelfrost(m): 11:57am On Oct 26, 2019
Annie001:
Who told you that they are broke?
Are you their bank manager?
So because they have decided to lay low they are broke,
Mtchheew

They are bankrupt... It's no secret.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by MrBONE2(m): 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Ibo man must be there.. after showing off and stealing to fund christmas village chestbeating celebration, they end up broke and constituiting nuisance in yoruba land, north , asia or southafrica

Tueh!!!

grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by funbet: 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
Anytime I hear udeze voice on brilla,I go just dey pity d guy.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Omoslim26: 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Tueh!!!

It will not be well with the person that started this mumu igbo vs yoruba nonsense
one cannot read a thread in peace again without you guys turning the thread to una mumu igbo vs yoruba fight
e no better for all of una:-@

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by kernel001: 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
bluefilm:

He's a millionaire now. He owns a Marijuana farm in the US. He's doing very well now.

2 Likes

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Omoslim26: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
Op abeg remove Ifeanyi Udeze frm dat list He might not have the billions he had while playing football bt he is nothing close to broke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Agugbadin: 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Tueh!!!

EGO MBUTE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by ajl: 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
Neddstark:
Oruma was scammed. Scammed in a church setting
by men Rev. Fireman supposedly introduced to him. All his life earnings for an oil business that never existed. I wonder how he is coping. He should have just stayed in Europe.
For those scammers, it is just a matter of time. Karma must hit you back

Broke men in Europe or America live on the streets. Better stay broke in your country except you want to live on the street.

2 Likes

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by rex444(m): 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Tueh!!!

a modern day youth ....... Wonderful
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Originalsly: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
Annie001:
Who told you that they are broke?
Are you their bank manager?
So because they have decided to lay low they are broke,
Mtchheew

If you got kicked out of your apartment... is that laying low? Some do live a lifestyle they cannot maintain.... not surprised with the one with the Belgian wife... now he knows was all about the money. Yusef.... O can understand.... guess exorbitant bills ran him broke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Revolva(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
Udeze spent lavishly too much

Banging nollywood actress around and paying Dem

Baba na baller for club ..not only in d pitch

No Investment idea he now work with brilla fm to take de support life

Wilson oruma was duped by his pastor and he nearly ran mad but he is recovering now Sha with some small job offers in delta

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Valentine097(m): 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Tueh!!
You need help ASAP
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by HarunaWest(m): 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
Jobio1:
This news has given me a federal government job.
My State Governor just Called he, Has has appointed me as Deputy Governor. God bless the OP for posting this news
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Truth234(m): 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2019
bluefilm:

How? Because he was broke doesn't mean he is still broke. In fact, he paid back $60 million in back taxes.

Mike Tyson owns more than 40 businesses that he needs a book to remember their names.

The name 'Mike Tyson' is a brand businesses pays millions of dollars to associate with. The weed him and his visitors consume per month is valued at $40,000.

Check out Tyson Ranch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by futurism: 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Tueh!!!

Mompha is an igbo man right? Bloody bastard!
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by 12345baba(m): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
Pee TV , am not surprised, ur classification of being broke show say una brain na urine full am.

1 Like

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Tueh!!!

even in this type of thread? Wow Our people embarrass themselves here often nowadays. Mynd44
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by JJOF(m): 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2019
dedolampy:
becouse they played football doesn't mean they were all rich.
back den football weren't paying as much as it is now.
Guy they were rich

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Stephendeals: 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
Thisis2raw:
Chai oruma own pain me pass

Local man was duped almost 2bn...

Really felt for him cry cry cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by ZaOzaRoom(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
You cannot say authoritatively that they are broke.
Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by Stephendeals: 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
ajl:
I saw Oruma in the middle of August while on a visit to Lagos. He came out of MegaChicken in Lekki and drove away in a vehicle. He was modestly dressed and did not appear to be someone in a terrible financial situation. That didn't even cross my mind when I saw him a distance away while I was waiting for a Taxify ride.

Does it mean that by Nigerians standard you are a broke ex-football star if you do not go around in flashy clothes, cars, and women....? I wonder o.

Baba, Oruma was broke and fell into depression, he lost about 2bn to fraudsters and Home man Amaju pinnick had to take him to his home to recuperate when the story came to light.
He might be finding his feet gradually now or doing okay which i will be glad about.

2 Likes

Re: 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football by 36STATES: 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Tueh!!!

There is nothing like Yoruba land. It is Yar-iba (shaddy, decietful, unreliable, dodgy etc) according to Fulanis.
However, we peace loving neighours of yours are too ashamed to call you by that name again. Your name henceforth is Oduduwa people,
no more Yari-ba.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi / OFFICIAL: Juventus Unveils Cristiano Ronaldo, New Signing (Photos) / Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.