Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through (17350 Views)

If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. / Adeyeye Oluwaseyi Is UNILAG Overall Best, 4 Years After Writing Down His Goal / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Naijaboy1122: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2019
ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ɴᴀɪʀᴀʟᴀɴᴅᴇʀs ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ sʜᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴛɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴇs.ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇᴍᴘʟᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴏғ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ sᴜɪᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ,ɪ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɴᴀɪʀᴀʟᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏɴɪᴋᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴏɴʏᴍᴏᴜs.ғɪʀsᴛ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɪs ᴏʟᴜᴡᴀᴛᴏsɪɴ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴛʜᴏ ɪ ɢʀᴀᴅᴜᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅᴀʀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀɢᴇ 17 ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀ (2014) ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴜʟᴛs ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪ ᴘᴀss ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ sᴜʙᴊᴇᴄᴛ ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴇɴɢʟɪsʜ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ. ᴍʏ ɢʀᴀᴅᴇ sᴄᴏʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴅ7,ɪᴛ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀs ᴀ sʜᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ɪ ᴡᴀs ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ sᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴏ.ɪɴ 2015 ɪ ᴡʀᴏᴛᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴍʏ ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴄᴀɴᴄᴇʟʟᴇᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴇɴɢʟɪsʜ ɪs ᴍʏ ᴄᴏʀᴇ sᴜʙᴊᴇᴄᴛ,2016 ɪ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ᴅ7 ɪɴ ᴍᴀᴛʜᴇᴍᴀᴛɪᴄs ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴘᴀssᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ sᴜʙᴊᴇᴄᴛ, 2017, ɪ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴛɪʀᴇ ᴄᴇɴᴛᴇʀ ʀᴇsᴜʟᴛs ᴡᴀs ᴄᴀɴᴄᴇʟʟᴇᴅ ɪ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏғ ᴍʏ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅᴀʀʏ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ғᴏʟᴋs ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ɪɴ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ ɪɴsᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ, 2018 ɪ ᴇɴʀᴏʟʟᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴄᴏ ᴀʟʟ sᴜʙᴊᴇᴄᴛs ᴡᴀs ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴍᴀᴛʜᴇᴍᴀᴛɪᴄs ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ. ᴍʏ ᴍᴀᴛʜᴇᴍᴀᴛɪᴄs ᴡᴀs. ᴄᴀɴᴄᴇʟʟᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ᴅ7. ɪ ғᴇʟᴛ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ ᴀs ɪɴ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ ɪ ᴛᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ɪ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ssᴄᴇ ᴏʀ ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴜsᴇʟᴇss ɪɴ ʟɪғᴇ.
2019 ɪ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴜʟᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴊᴜʟʏ 26 ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡᴀs ғʀɪᴅᴀʏ ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ɪᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀs sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ. sᴏ ɪ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʀᴀɢᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴜʀsᴅᴀʏ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡᴀs ᴀᴜɢᴜsᴛ 1sᴛ 2019 ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴛʏᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴄᴇssᴀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴛᴀɪʟs ɪᴛ ᴏᴘᴇɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ sᴜʙᴊᴇᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴡᴀs ᴇɴɢʟɪsʜ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ᴄ6 ɪ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ sᴜʙᴊᴇᴄᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏᴋ. ɪ ɢᴏᴛ 7 ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ 2 ʙ. ɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ɪs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ sᴜɪᴄɪᴅᴇ ʙʏ ᴅʀɪɴᴋɪɴɢ sɴɪᴘᴇʀ ɪ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴍʏ sᴇʟғ ɪ ғᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅʀɪɴᴋɪɴɢ sɴɪᴘᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ sᴀɪᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʀʏ ɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ,ᴀɴᴅ ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ɪ sᴄᴀʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ 5 ʏᴇᴀʀs, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɢᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇʟғ. ɪɴ ʟɪғᴇ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴀɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ, ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴄᴏʟʟᴇᴀɢᴜᴇs ғʀᴏᴍ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅᴀʀʏ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴅɪᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ɴʏsᴄ, ɪ ᴍʏ sᴇʟғ ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴀᴍʙ ɴᴇxᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ 2020.ғᴏʀ ɴᴏᴡ ᴀᴍ 22, ɴᴇxᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ 2020 ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ 23 ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀs ᴅᴏ ᴘʀᴇssᴜʀᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴏғ ᴀɢᴇ ғᴀᴄᴛᴏʀ (ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴏʟᴅ).
ɪ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀᴏᴘ ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴏғ sʜᴀᴍᴇ

Please moderators move to Front page

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Inyayiz: 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2019
So happy for you, but then again, you can't be so sure ALL of your mates graduated already, but then again, there's more to life than academics.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Jochabed(f): 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
Congrats.though the devil delayed you, it will work out for your own good at the end. I remember graduating from high school at age fifteen and I couldn't get to the uni not until 19. I was delayed, but trust me in those years of waiting, I've learnt a whole lot.

21 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2019
Congratulations I'm so happy for you!!
I hope you already preparing for admission also?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Naijaboy1122: 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
Pettyprincess:
Congratulations I'm so happy for you!!
I hope you already preparing for admission also?
I will write jamb next year

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Naijaboy1122: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
Jochabed:
Congrats.though the devil delayed you, it will work out for your own good at the end. I remember graduating from high school at age fifteen and I couldn't get to the uni not until 19. I was delayed, but trust me in those years of waiting, I've learnt a whole lot.
hmmmm fifteen was quite early for you at 15 some people are still in JSS 2

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Naijaboy1122: 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
Inyayiz:
So happy for you, but then again, you can't be so sure ALL of your mates graduated already, but then again, there's more to life than academics.
yea
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Richy4(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
Your persistence has paid off. Congratulations. What do you want to study in Uni. Law?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Ishilove: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
I celebrate you, young brother. Lord knows I am terrible at even basic Maths so I can understand to some extent your battle. It takes sheer guts not to have given up. I really celebrate you o.

I have a friend here (you know yourself cheesy) who I call from work to give me the answer to some basic calculations in the office. The first time I called him was for him to explain to me how to get the percentage of a figure, and since then it has become a regular occurrence.

I am not ashamed to admit that I giraffed to get a borderline C6 in mathematics in WASSCE. I first wrote GCE in SS2 and got F9 in Mathematics and Biology, but I wasn't really bothered because I was using it to practice. The following year, the only topics I studied in Maths was Mean, Median and Mode because it was easy. I didn't bother with other topics because everything was like Greek.

Exam day, i breezed through the only MMM question, dropped my pen and turned to my seat mate, Richard to see if he had gone far so I could copy from him. To my utmost chagrin, Richard was dubbing from me.

Toh.

I knew I was about to be fvcked anally with a ten foot pole, without lubes!

When my guy was done, we both sat twiddling our thumbs and occasionally glancing round the large, silent hall. It seemed like we were the only idle students. Everyone was writing. cry cry

The invigilator passed by and gave Richard and I side eyes. I quickly bent down and formed activity.

That's is how we stayed for the whole 2hours 15 minutes. At the final 15 minutes, we had started to panic. Richard managed to answer one more question but I was sure it was rubbish, but I still copied sha. I was close to tears at this point.

In desperation, he turned back and saw that his crush, one tall, foine sisi like that had not only finished her booklet, but was now using extra sheet.

Richard exclaimed "Ha, aye mi o!" embarassed

He proceeded to snatch her booklet off her table, unmindful of her gasped protests and the invigilator close by, dumped it in-between us and the next words he whispered to me are forever burned in my memory.

He said: "Ishi, if you know what is good for you, you better write as fast as you can."

And write fast I did.

At the end of 12 minutes which passed in a blur, I had dubbed the solutions to 6 questions. grin grin

We both got C6, thanks to the grace of God and bold dubbing.

This is my WAEC testimony. grin

I and Richie have long lost contact but I still bless God for him anytime I think back to that day, almost 2 decades ago.

114 Likes 17 Shares

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by edoairways: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
Jochabed:
The devil did not delay him he was just passing a phase of life to make him stronger. As he gets into the university (all things been equal), he will apply that maturity in his studies.

13 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by edoairways: 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ sᴀɪᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʀʏ ɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ,ᴀɴᴅ ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ɪ sᴄᴀʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴡʀɪ
I doubt you heard a voice rather you thought of your family before making an attempt.
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Jochabed(f): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2019
edoairways:

The devil did not delay him he was just passing a phase of life to make him stronger. As he gets into the university (all things been equal), he will apply that maturity in his studies.
We saying the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by edoairways: 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
Jochabed:
We saying the same thing.
Yeah
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Ipromote: 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
Congratulations!!!

I can teach you how to advertise your business on social media. See siggy
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Rollie450: 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
Congrats

1 Like

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by lyriclekidd(m): 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
Okay for wasting 5yrs of your life on waec. I smh for you. People wey done finish university sef dy regret why dem no learn anything by the side. You just pass waec , university never even sure for you cos you never pass jamb

3 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by 1veryrealMAN1: 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
smiley
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Xisnin(m): 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
You should have enrolled as a mechanic or carpenter's apprentice.
That is 5 years wasted.

16 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by seanjy4konji: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
Alleluyah

Na Yahoo you go till learn.

2 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Freemanbobble: 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
People should always enrol waec and neco
Write waec and neco same year to avoid stories
If you fail a particular subject in waec probably you won't fail it neco
And our tertiary institutions allow two sittings

1 Like

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by iammo(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2019

How weird of me not to have WAEC result.. i only did NECO and got my five credits without stress

1 Like

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Endtimebro: 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
Congratulations to you
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by jakandeola(m): 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
happy for u . I took weac 5 times too guy forget about ur mate who are above u. am in pain then. but most of my mate now cant look into my eyes cos have elevated. is not how far but how well.got good job and proparty.but dey were mocking me.when dey ask for money I just ignore dem

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by DaddyMorenike: 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
You for no scale Na, You for continue to dey write.
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Sunofgod(m): 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mass comms loading!
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by realestniggah: 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hit the like button if you wrote waec only once

11 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by ursullalinda(f): 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
Congrats bro.... I love the determination... ur tomm will be great
Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mmm funny enough but I will say lucky you... Same thing happened to me, 2008 to 2011...bur I want to tell you that I became scared of failure, I will hussle to be counted among the winners in school... I passed well cos I have been preparing for years, it didn't come easy so I valued all the successes... Today my story is better... God has blessed you.

3 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by Amstupid(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
I can't stay DAT long cool

I would have move into YAHOO YAHOO undecided
WHO book epp angry

7 Likes

Re: After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through by wengerjay(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15-yr-old Wins National Mathematics Contest / Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN / JAMB To Start Releasing 2019 UTME Results From Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.