Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr (2399 Views)

Am I Really Being unfair To These Two Girls?? / NNPC Closes Application Portal, Announces Second Phase Of Recruitment Process / Top Talent Recruitment By Workforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by teadrake(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2019
Few weeks ago, I received a call from GLO customer care (121), inviting me for an aptitude test for a role I knew nothing or never remembered applying for at JKK building.

I went for the test and approximately seven days later,I got a text for a follow-up interview at Ahmadu Bello way, V.I. Lagos.

The interview, I presumed preceded successful outing at the CBT stage.

The honesty truth is that the recruitment process particularly the interviewing stage was no doubt very shameful and pathetic.
How can you asked us to come for an interview by 8am when you knew your HR won't be ready to attend to us until 2pm?

It was clearly stated in the notification sent to successful candidate that sail through the aptitude test that the follow-up interview would commence at 8am on Thursday.

After arriving at the venue as early as possible (Around 6:45am,took precautionary measures vis-à-vis Lagos traffic),they wasted our time till around 2pm when we were told the venue for the interview is at Saka Tinubu street. We were tired, hungry but still hopeful.
The lead HR will simply ask of your name and probably the course you studied and that's all!!!
That's basically what she was interested in,no further Inquisition!!

It was my turn to be interviewed,I knocked at the door twice and I went in,I greeted politely,remained standing waiting for further instructions to take a seat which came in momentarily and I did.

The lead HR asked "What is your name"? I responded politely and humbly.

She further asked of my state and I responded following the same set of sequence as described above and she thanked me and asked me to go!!
End of interview!!

It was an unimaginable moment as I couldn't process what went wrong, things I did incorrectly which must have warranted such a show of shame. I got to know from a guy who came all the way from Abia state via flight that we were probably rejected because of our beards.
I can't seemed to see any when I looked at him,only saw a good looking, well shaved,well trimmed beards which of course, rhymed with what I have.
Those who attended the interview can make some attestations.
Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
That's Naija for you.

1 Like

Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by Electronzeez(m): 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
I dont know if your ordeal is true but it will be the height of incompetence to reject any candidate on the basis of having a God gifted beard .If I may ask ,are you going to be doing the job with your beard or your brain .

This is why Nigeria company with Nigeria standard of requitment will never be first class .the other time I saw a heavily tattooed guy working for google .

1 Like

Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by sannio(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
teadrake:
Few weeks ago, I received a call from GLO customer care (121), inviting me for an aptitude test for a role I knew nothing or never remembered applying for at JKK building.

I went for the test and approximately seven days later,I got a text for a follow-up interview at Ahmadu Bello way, V.I. Lagos.

The honesty truth is that the recruitment process particularly the interviewing stage was no doubt very shameful and pathetic.
How can you asked us to come for an interview by 8am when you knew your HR won't be ready to attend to us until 2pm?

It was clearly stated in the notification sent to successful candidate that sail through the aptitude test that the follow-up interview would commence at 8am on Thursday.

After arriving at the venue as early as possible (Around 6:45am,took precautionary measures vis-à-vis Lagos traffic),they wasted our time till around 2pm when we were told the venue for the interview is at Saka Tinubu street. We were tired, hungry but still hopeful.
The lead HR will simply ask of your name and probably the course you studied and that's all!!!

It was my turn to be interviewed,I knocked at the door twice and I went in,I greeted politely,remained standing waiting for further instructions to take a seat which came in momentarily and I did.

She further asked of my state and I responded following the same set of sequence as described above and she thanked me and asked me to go!!
End of interview!!

It was an unimaginable moment as I couldn't process what went wrong, things I did incorrectly which must have warranted such a show of shame. I got to know from a guy who came all the way from Abia state via flight that we were probably rejected because of our beards.
I can't seemed to see any when I looked at him,only saw a good looking, well shaved,well trimmed beards which of course, rhymed with what I have.

I guess what they've done is called stress interview, a cousin of mine went through the same in 2009 and this time it was Adenuga himself. They were asked to report by 2pm and they waited till around 9 or 10pm before they could be attended to.
Just be hopeful, it will end in praise like that of my cousin.

5 Likes

Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by Asquare84(m): 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
No need to lament it just to show how patience you are, you will be shock that while you were seated in Glo office CCTV cameras are watching you

5 Likes

Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by Florblu(f): 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
Employers should stop testing candidates patience in such a ridiculous way. How could you be testing my patience by wasting my time?

There are better ways of assessing candidates lets be wise.

4 Likes

Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by Powersurge: 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2019
Most Nigerians lack foresight and the ability to project beyond what their physical eyes can see. This is most common among our officers. Once they see anyone with "abnormal" physical look, he is automatically a criminal. I could remember some times ago, if you wore dark glasses, you perceived as having criminal intentions.

This is reflecting in our HR stuff. Most HR managers lack the ability to see the "human resource" in you. By the way, many of them are "Google HRs"-Go online and get some few questions to ask potential intake. Do this two or more times, you are HR (in many firms)

2 Likes

Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by eminencetoba: 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hello guys, should you know anyone who teaches the following subjects:
•Phonics
•French
•Technical Drawing
•Fine Arts
•ICT
• Music
• Yoruba
• PHE
•Arts, Commerce and Science subjects

Locations
•Lagos, Ibadan and Ogun

Renumeration:
Attractive payment.

Tell them to visit www.syllaboss.com.ng/teacher.php to submit their CV.
Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by PURITYAUTOZ: 4:08am On Oct 27, 2019
My brother just pray that one of these international multinational companies pick your cv/resume one day. The same thing happened to me some years back, got to the venue around 8am kept in a hall for good 10hours and only he asked 1+1 questions. Although,I got the job it it didn’t worth it. Last year, I got invite from an international multinational coy, first we were only 4 that was invited and we didn’t wait for even 30mins before the interview start. Secondly, the interview was strictly by what they see in your resume. Am working there now and I can testify that the problem with Nigeria is not the government but us. OYIGBO IS OYIBO QUOTE ME ANYWAY.....

5 Likes

Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by Babaalata: 5:59am On Oct 27, 2019
PURITYAUTOZ:
My brother just pray that one of these international multinational companies pick your cv/resume one day. The same thing happened to me some years back, got to the venue around 8am kept in a hall for good 10hours and only he asked 1+1 questions. Although,I got the job it it didn’t worth it. Last year, I got invite from an international multinational coy, first we were only 4 that was invited and we didn’t wait for even 30mins before the interview start. Secondly, the interview was strictly by what they see in your resume. Am working there now and I can testify that the problem with Nigeria is not the government but us. OYIGBO IS OYIBO QUOTE ME ANYWAY.....

Let's connect for career development
Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by teadrake(m): 6:25am On Oct 27, 2019
Really appreciate everyone for the contribution made thus far.
We'll keep pushing hoping to reach our destination.
Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by Bluehill1051: 6:37am On Oct 27, 2019
So na even because of interview glo been call me sef
Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by OiOi: 7:50am On Oct 27, 2019
It's not because of the beard... It was just stress analysis...
Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by oyonu(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2019
Hmm
Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2019
Electronzeez:
I dont know if your ordeal is true but it will be the height of incompetence to reject any candidate on the basis of having a God gifted beard .If I may ask ,are you going to be doing the job with your beard or your brain .

This is why Nigeria company with Nigeria standard of requitment will never be first class .the other time I saw a heavily tattooed guy working for google .
Not true. I was invited for an interview 4 months ago and the first thing I was told is that I can't work there with my beards. As I'm talking to u now, this is my 3rd month working with them as an accountant

2 Likes

Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by generationz(f): 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
teadrake:

End of interview!!

Maybe she is looking for a sugar son and you don't fit her desire.

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by dadalicious: 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2019
Asquare84:
No need to lament it just to show how patience you are, you will be shock that while you were seated in Glo office CCTV cameras are watching you
Exactly what happened in my case.
As I entered the conference room, I saw my other colleagues on the screen misbehaving....chai
Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by Perficio: 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
✅Earn PayPal money for free easy steps.

1⃣. Click �Referral Link�

2⃣. Share the link in
↪ channel
↪ group
↪ Bot
↪ people

3⃣. Check your �Balance� and check if it reached 25 USD.

4⃣. Click �Withdrawl� and enter your PayPal link or email.

5⃣. Payment will be sent to your account in 3 to 4 hours.

ENJOY YOUR MONEY�

My referral link is � https:///PayPalMining_Bot?start=r0790360168
Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by teadrake(m): 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
dadalicious:

Exactly what happened in my case.
As I entered the conference room, I saw my other colleagues on the screen misbehaving....chai
Chief,there was nothing of such as we were all anticipating for the interview proper. After hours of unimaginable stress,you think misbehaving or chatting would even set in?
Re: Unfair Treatment In The Name Of Recruitment By Glo Hr by teadrake(m): 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
generationz:

Maybe she is looking for a sugar son and you don't fit her desire.

Sorry.
Perhaps. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Cibn, Promasidor,tower Aluminium (plc): Recruiting / Nscdc Latest Info / Aos Orwell Interview Or Oiltest Apt Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.