Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (32138 Views)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / Bikini Church � End Time Church Share Pls / Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Homeboiy: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
dancok:
i guess a small church right!?

Winners chapel headquarters near UNN
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by BarrElChapo(m): 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
gonkin:
If you're worshipping with us for the first time, i was the only one

I no fit ever stand for that one, I too shy die grin

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by koolaid87: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mandesz:
I remembered the day I was in a redeemed church of God. we wanted to sing the church anthem. lo n behold, we av to hold our hands with the person beside us. the person beside me was a girl. I was a husler, my hands were as tick as a rock. when I hold her hand she felt a scratch on her hand and was complaining bitterly. that day I' ll never 4get

grin

This really cracked me up grin

I can relate to that...the journey started from the street

Much luv

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Legalese(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nice. Enjoy.
mimimile93:
Am a muslim
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by deavicky(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
sharpwriter:

Lol... Then why did they bring or prepare it? Seems all of them felt unworthy, therefore they rejected it. Did their elders and leaders not take it too?
not even the pastor took it. I also ask myself the same question, if none of them will take it, why bringing it.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Bigseven(m): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mood11:
Years ago, the whole family went for a vigil together. When it was time for deliverance, the Charismatic brother was calling people in batches. When he called for children, I stepped out like the others and before I know what's up, anybody he lays hands on will jerk jerk jerk and fall then other Charismatic would help the person up... I was trying to decide if the falling was intentional or it was truly the holy ghost in action...
When it was my turn, he laid hands on my forehead and was praying furiously like he did to the others but I didn't fall or should I say the thing no catch me.. grin
I opened one eye and saw my aunt looking at me, then I made up my mind to impress her by falling before they say I am possessed.. Na so I fall backward o, hit head for heard alter floor and passed out embarassed angry

...and you passed out? Wow. So how's life over there? U guys have internet and nairaland over there too?
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Juliearth(f): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
My 6 inch heels failed me and I fell. grin
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
The day they invited our church choir to come and perform in one praise program like that. We didn't have time to rehearse and we now went and chose this Benin song titled "Weh ose" if u know that song u will know how hard it was for u to learn the lyrics and we were not Benin speaking people. Na so we go there go chew our mouth till we sing the song finish. I was so embarrassed.

Another one was the time I was learning how to play keyboard so the person playing the keyboard was not around on that day and I decided to try and cover up. I was just playing nonsense in front of the whole church until the singer walked up to me and told me to stop playing. I was so embarrassed.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by mumu9gerian: 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
BecaciaBarbie:
I’ll read according to number of likes wink
Your problem

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Oohh !! did u later wake up wen u passed out ?? shocked

If no, he wouldn't have been here to share his "disgraced" story..
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
cenaman:
No! he didn't wake up, he is typing from the land of the death.

Lol.. be lenient nah
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
mumu9gerian:

Your problem
Before?
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Legalese(m): 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
Lol. Is the will now function of one's religion? You seem confused, comparing the general wills if atheists and muslims. Where be the correlation charle?
simpleseyi:

Muslims and Atheists are strong willed and not unstable like you church goers jumping from CAC to COZA, from MFM to RCCG, from Winners to CCC. Therefore, your continuous rants have no effect on Seun.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Awesomeking: 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
So many christians complain that muslims have their own section and christians cant even comment in their section without agreeing to the muslim declaration.

I think the reason why seun did that is cuz christians are always going to islamic posts to insult Allah and prophet muhammad.

As you can see on this post,there is no muslim insulting jesus or christianity

I have been studying both xtian and muslim posts for a while and i realised that muslims dont comment insults on xtian posts

But xtians still insult everything that has to do with islam even though seun tried to make it harder for them to do so

If i am wrong please correct me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by sisitito01(f): 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
In my church in school (catholic church) covering your hair as a female is a strict rule. If you don't, the old women who are church wardens will fish you out wherever you are and send you out, especially if you are a student.
I usually don't tie my scarf until I get to the church premises. This time I was a little late and was hurrying to enter the church before the priest as I already sighted the procession, so I forgot to tie my scarf. I was walking majestically to the front of the church and if you're a catholic or you've been to a catholic church, you know how plenty we can be. I saw the people were looking at me strangely but I didn't mind. When I reached a seat (about three pews to the first pew, so you know how "front" I went) and sat, the lady beside me looked at me like I was a piece of shit, even though I was nicely dressed that day. Then she tapped me and said "sister, please tie your scarf". Chaaaiii!

Not so embarrassing sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
simpleseyi:

Muslims and Atheists are strong willed and not unstable like you church goers jumping from CAC to COZA, from MFM to RCCG, from Winners to CCC. Therefore, your continuous rants have no effect on Seun.

U just displayed your stupidity oh ye child of hate and a follower of a paedophile. .

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by sharpwriter(m): 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
Kurtis02:
Wanted to pass the Communion tray filled with bread to the next person, the tray slipped and all the bread fell yakaya .

The noise from the tray made everyone look back.

The Shame ehhn ,I didn't border taking wine sef.
Chai.... Sorry
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by chiboy1116: 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
mimimile93:
Am a muslim
and why are u telling us this ? lipsrsealed
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Tellemall: 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
deavicky:
I was invited to Jehovah witness i didn't know the routine, so it was time for communion. i was seated at the first seat on the first row, so when they brought the communion the man stood at my front for some good number of seconds so i thought i was supposed to take it so he can go to the next person. I had to take the bread. i became the only one in the church of over 1000 person's to take the communion. When i realized i was the only one who took it. to make matter worse, when they brought the wine i refuse to collect it. every eyes was on me i felt like melting.

So funny! Why didn't you just collect the wine?
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Tellemall: 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
Embarrassing moment was when I was persuaded to join choir. Well I join choir due to persuasion of the sisters that they need a brother to join. I rehearse the song very, very well. Then as lead choir I was to address the crowd with the song. Fear first of all catch me. As I held the mike and I faced the congregation, I forgot the song immediately. I face the choir make dem help me. They were shocked. I shouted, hello so many times, I mumured some incoherent words back to dem to signal I have forgotten the song, they sheepishly smiled back. All the pastors where laughing inside out. They knew me to be a shy person and yet they were the ones that convinced me to join choir. I stammered, grumbled, talk, mumured, struggled and managed to drag the song join with the help of the choir till the end. As I drop mike and went to my seat the stunned congregation were just looking at me. I have learnt my lesson anyway.

Funny. Did you return to sing again?
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Meeloreh(f): 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
I can totally relate with this
ChieduJoshua081:
The day they invited our church choir to come and perform in one praise program like that. We didn't have time to rehearse and we now went and chose this Benin song titled "Weh ose" if u know that song u will know how hard it was for u to learn the lyrics and we were not Benin speaking people. Na so we go there go chew our mouth till we sing the song finish. I was so embarrassed.

Another one was the time I was learning how to play keyboard so the person playing the keyboard was not around on that day and I decided to try and cover up. I was just playing nonsense in front of the whole church until the singer walked up to me and told me to stop playing. I was so embarrassed.
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Legalese(m): 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
LMAO! Yours is the worst. Mistaken identity.
kleverley:
A particular guy wore exactly the same outfit as me that Sunday, to Make it worst, he was almost my height.
This guy decided to render a special song. The guy really messed up the entire song and the whole congregation laughed hysterically.
After church I was the subject of mockery for another person just because of dress coincidence
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
Homeboiy:

Winners chapel headquarters near UNN
ha the pastor no try,na big church o.
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by victorjoe(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
Church was so boring that day. Pastor say make everybody stand up close eyes de reflect on things.

My mind don go far!!! Everybody don sit down i still de stand close eye. As person tap me instead of to sit down i want begin kabash. As person pull me and I hear small laff, i open eyes see my Bleep up.

The next time them say make we stand Na so I pull out no go there again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by sharpwriter(m): 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
deavicky:
not even the pastor took it. I also ask myself the same question, if none of them will take it, why bringing it.

Dem no well.... So they all live in condemnation and perhaps perpetual sin... Clownish!
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by sharpwriter(m): 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2019
Juliearth:
My 6 inch heels failed me and I fell. grin

Hmmmn... It's well!
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by dedons: 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
hahaha. Mine is coming.
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
sharpwriter:

Lol... You should have simply said graphic designer... It's more defined than mine when I say writer. I've heard a lecturer asked me, "writing what"? Meanwhile we are not responsible for their lack of education! grin
Tbh I'd be disrespecting myself if i had said that.

As you said
We are not responsible for their lack of education!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by coolh3ad(m): 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
slapandfall:
I play drums in church. i went to night vigil from Work after that VI/Lekki traffic.
when pastor was preaching i was sleeping on the drums, na so i fall yakata for ground and the whole drum scatter with big noise

Everybody was shocked even the other people who were sleeping screamed Jesus from sleep cos they were all shocked by the sudden loud noise.

Pastor was just looking at me and i just open my mouth for ground cos i no fit talk.

I just carry my bible dey go house

Bros, you wan kill me with laff oooo....
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by kleverley(m): 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
Legalese:
LMAO! Yours is the worst. Mistaken identity.
Honestly, I was really embarrassed that day.
I even tried to explain to them I wasn't the one but nobody wan hear oo..
I serve the embarrassment for a while sha
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by ekitimanalways(m): 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
grin
Mood11:
Years ago, the whole family went for a vigil together. When it was time for deliverance, the Charismatic brother was calling people in batches. When he called for children, I stepped out like the others and before I know what's up, anybody he lays hands on will jerk jerk jerk and fall then other Charismatic would help the person up... I was trying to decide if the falling was intentional or it was truly the holy ghost in action...
When it was my turn, he laid hands on my forehead and was praying furiously like he did to the others but I didn't fall or should I say the thing no catch me.. grin
I opened one eye and saw my aunt looking at me, then I made up my mind to impress her by falling before they say I am possessed.. Na so I fall backward o, hit head for heard alter floor and passed out embarassed angry

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by jaeyking(m): 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
ChieduJoshua081:

that song we ose.
una for just pick the second verse its more on Yoruba.
the first verse is Bini
3rd verse urogbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes / Akan Weeks' Banner Spotted In Ghana 3 Months After Uyo Church Building Collapse / Signs That God Might Be Calling You Into Full-time Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.