Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior (2925 Views)

Anabel, My 3-Month-Old Caucasian Dog's Energy Level Is Weak. Please Help (Pics) / My Rott's Naughty Behavior: I Need Advice Please / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 1:41am On Oct 27, 2019
Good morning to all nairaland dog lovers.
Let me just go straight to the paint,

So I got my first pet few weeks ago when he was just 7 weeks old, he was loving and playful but the only issue I have with him then was the fact that he messed up the house Everytime and no matter how hard I try to correct and instruct him on how to behave, he still won't listen and do the same thing over and over again..
Well he will be 3 months in few days and still messed up the house..
The annoying thing he does most is to shit and rub the shit on himself and also mess up were he is being kept with shit and urine.

Am really getting worried about him and the fact that he has refuse to hear anything, not even his own name when I call him is really getting me worried too.

Pls I need tips on how to train him better as well as good meal that will make him big very well as he is a full breed Caucasian dog.

Thanks for ur advice.
The first pics was when I bought him new(7 weeks)
While the other one was taken early this week (2 months plus)
The second pics is just a side view of him I took with my friends dog,the day dey came to visit..

I will upload a better pics of him tomorrow

Thanks alot and I await for responds to

2 Likes

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by MrHighSea: 4:26am On Oct 27, 2019
Dt home theatre.
U dy heaven.o

No argue am.o

8 Likes

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 6:40am On Oct 27, 2019
MrHighSea:
Dt home theatre.
U dy heaven.o

No argue am.o

Lol thanks@MrHighSea but I will really appreciate more tips on how to care for my dog doh

Still waiting for nice tips
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Emescot(m): 9:45am On Oct 27, 2019
Next time it does that, dip it's mouth and nose in the poo and strike it's butt, with time it will stop

1 Like

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by theecaus(m): 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
Large breeds dog always want to play stubborn, let him know you are the pack leader and Why don’t you get a cage outside the house and let him be there, he’s a large breed and I’m sure you won’t be keeping him indoor forever so let him get use to the outdoor from now cause it seems like he’s going to be a stubborn dog, release him only when you want to feed him and times for him to poo and let him know only your face most.

1 Like

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
Take it easy on him, let him get to know you well.
For him to know his name, use the sound you normally make that makes him come to you then give him a treat while saying his name, keep this up and in no time he will get it....try to associate his name with treats so anytime he hears it he runs to you

1 Like

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
For the Feeding:
I feed them thrice a Day
Their meal consist of
Eggs (everyday: morning and night)
Optimax puppy food
Indomie
Fish
Meat
Potatoes and
beans

The puppy food is mixed with every meal they eat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by freezyprinzy(m): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
Boiled or raw eggs?
Dreazy23:
For the Feed, I’m going to tell you how I feed my caucs,
I feed them thrice a Day
Their meal consist of
Optimax puppy food
Indomie
Fish
Meat
Potatoes and
beans

That’s one below
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
freezyprinzy:
Boiled or raw eggs?

Boiled but some people give raw, depends on which is convient for you
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by freezyprinzy(m): 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
Dreazy23:

Boiled but some people give raw, depends on which is convient for you
alright thank you.
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
Emescot:
Next time it does that, dip it's mouth and nose in the poo and strike it's butt, with time it will stop

Lol I really wish I can do that but don't forget I will still be the one to wash the shit off his mouth.
All the same thanks for ur comment
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
theecaus:
Large breeds dog always want to play stubborn, let him know you are the pack leader and Why don’t you get a cage outside the house and let him be there, he’s a large breed and I’m sure you won’t be keeping him indoor forever so let him get use to the outdoor from now cause it seems like he’s going to be a stubborn dog, release him only when you want to feed him and times for him to poo and let him know only your face most.

Well I don't intend keeping him indoor forever bcus I know he is a large breed, I just like him being around me for the main time till he gets a cage.
I do lock him outside in the bacony most times and that is when he poos and stain himself with it.

Letting him know just my face is going to be hard bcus I have a flat mate and also my friends do come around always, I can even say nearly everyday so he sees them and play with them as well.
The annoying part is he don't bark at them, he just sleep, watch and play.
Anyways thanks for ur comment, I really appreciate, will see what I can do.

1 Like

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Dreazy23:
Take it easy on him, let him get to know you well.
For him to know his name, use the sound you normally make that makes him come to you then give him a treat while saying his name, keep this up and in no time he will get it....try to associate his name with treats so anytime he hears it he runs to you

Thanks alot for this
I will definitely try it and and see how it goes.
Will give u guys feedback if there is improvement
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2019
Dreazy23:
For the Feed, I’m going to tell you how I feed my caucs,
I feed them thrice a Day
Their meal consist of
Optimax puppy food
Indomie
Fish
Meat
Potatoes and
beans

That’s one below

Wow thanks alot for this, have been waiting to get the food tips.
Already got the indomie shaft from the vet and the puppy food as well, both the carn and dried sack food. That's what have been feeding him with other house food like rice and beans, I also observed that he do reject Spaghetti so have stopped giving him that.
Will definitely try it ur tips out
Once again thanks
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2019
Samolasoj:

Well I don't intend keeping him indoor forever bcus I know he is a large breed, I just like him being around me for the main time till he gets a cage.
I do lock him outside in the bacony most times and that is when he poos and stain himself with it.

Letting him know just my face is going to be hard bcus I have a flat mate and also my friends do come around always, I can even say nearly everyday so he sees them and play with them as well.
The annoying part is he don't bark at them, he just sleep, watch and play.
Anyways thanks for ur comment, I really appreciate, will see what I can do.

He’s still a pup, he’s meant to play.

I also had this concerns but now, mine is Aggressive and since you feed him, he definitely know your face

The only thing is that he will grow to know your friends and he won’t be aggressive towards them
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
Samolasoj:

Thanks alot for this
I will definitely try it and and see how it goes.
Will give u guys feedback if there is improvement

You’re welcome grin
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
Samolasoj:

Wow thanks alot for this, have been waiting to get the food tips.
Already got the indomie shaft from the vet and the puppy food as well, both the carn and dried sack food. That's what have been feeding him with other house food like rice and beans, I also observed that he do reject Spaghetti so have stopped giving him that.
Will definitely try it ur tips out
Once again thanks

Please avoid Onions and garlic, how’s his feeding now?
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by deltateam: 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2019
Samolasoj:

Lol I really wish I can do that but don't forget I will still be the one to wash the shit off his mouth.
All the same thanks for ur comment

Its not a must that its snoot would touch the poo. The essence is for it to stop the behavior. Simply point its face towards the poo and flog it.

It worked on my dog.
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by deltateam: 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
Samolasoj:
Good morning to all nairaland dog lovers.
Let me just go straight to the paint,

So I got my first pet few weeks ago when he was just 7 weeks old, he was loving and playful but the only issue I have with him then was the fact that he messed up the house Everytime and no matter how hard I try to correct and instruct him on how to behave, he still won't listen and do the same thing over and over again..
Well he will be 3 months in few days and still messed up the house..
The annoying thing he does most is to shit and rub the shit on himself and also mess up were he is being kept with shit and urine.

Am really getting worried about him and the fact that he has refuse to hear anything, not even his own name when I call him is really getting me worried too.

Pls I need tips on how to train him better as well as good meal that will make him big very well as he is a full breed Caucasian dog.

Thanks for ur advice.
The first pics was when I bought him new(7 weeks)
While the other one was taken early this week (2 months plus)
The second pics is just a side view of him I took with my friends dog,the day dey came to visit..

I will upload a better pics of him tomorrow

Thanks alot and I await for responds to

What do you do for a living?
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sorry have not been able to post here lately, have been so busy and scisser has been wonderful and still plays a lot.

He is beginning to hear sit only when I want to feed him doh and he also hear his name sometimes too, he will just look but won't come to you at that moment..

I also noticed there is this particular sound I do make with my hand and he runs to me immediately, no matter what he is doing, even if he is playing with someone... He will leave that person and run to be.

Anyways I have not been able to snap any much pics bcus he always walks out when I try to snap so I manage to get a few pics of him..

Here is scisser at 3 months but he is currently 3 months and some days old

Sorry about the second blur pics, I was trying to get a standing pics of him but he refuse to stay in one place

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreazy23:

He’s still a pup, he’s meant to play.

I also had this concerns but now, mine is Aggressive and since you feed him, he definitely know your face

The only thing is that he will grow to know your friends and he won’t be aggressive towards them

Yeah that's true, I noticed it already, he always run to my friends when ever they come around and play with them....I also noticed a little sign of aggressive towards a female friend my friend brought to the house, Immediately she saw the dog, she started running and scisser immediately started walking fast towards her direction like he is going to bite her and I quickly hold him and chain him outside in the bacony but I noticed he did not bark doh so am still wondering if he was going to Attack her or to play with her
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreazy23:

Please avoid Onions and garlic, how’s his feeding now?

He's feeding fine but still have this habit of eating slow and he still reject some food doh but am not worried about that as long as he eats other foods
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
deltateam:

Its not a must that its snoot would touch the poo. The essence is for it to stop the behavior. Simply point its face towards the poo and flog it.

It worked on my dog.

Noted
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
deltateam:

What do you do for a living?

Excuse me, why do you want to know?

1 Like

Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by deltateam: 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
Samolasoj:

Excuse me, why do you want to know?

It seems you are better off than I and I am wondering if there's something I am not doing right. If its something you could put me through on?
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
deltateam:

It worked on my dog.

Please is your Dog a Caucasian?
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by deltateam: 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dreazy23:

Please is your Dog a Caucasian?

No, it wasn't.
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 6:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
Samolasoj:
Sorry have not been able to post here lately, have been so busy and scisser has been wonderful and still plays a lot.

He is beginning to hear sit only when I want to feed him doh and he also hear his name sometimes too, he will just look but won't come to you at that moment..

I also noticed there is this particular sound I do make with my hand and he runs to me immediately, no matter what he is doing, even if he is playing with someone... He will leave that person and run to be.

Anyways I have not been able to snap any much pics bcus he always walks out when I try to snap so I manage to get a few pics of him..

Sorry about the second blur pics, I was trying to get a standing pics of him but he refuse to stay in one place

That’s progress, mind you, don’t overuse his name...Caucasians are smart.

E.g when you call a human continuously without purpose he tends to start ignoring, same thing with dogs

Always call with purpose
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
Samolasoj:

He's feeding fine but still have this habit of eating slow and he still reject some food doh but am not worried about that as long as he eats other foods

My Dog eats really slow, I know you have concerns but it’s Normal, there’s really no competition to even push him.
so far he eats there’s no problem
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
deltateam:

No, it wasn't.

Alright, I wouldn’t subscribe to violent training and Caucasians aren’t the breed to use violence for.

Here’s my tip:

It’s all about timing, study your dog.
You definitely know when he wants to poo or wee, simply take him there and after that, threat him...Trust me after a while he would learn, keep on giving him the threat when he finally start going on his own and slowly stop
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Dreazy23(m): 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
Samolasoj:

Nice, hope you’re giving him Cod liver oil for his fur

His coat looks amazing, I have a female with this coat grin

Grooming should be done regularly, you won’t enjoy untangle his matted fur

Keep up the good work bro
Re: My Caucasian Dog Scisser And His Funny Behavior by Samolasoj(m): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
deltateam:

It seems you are better off than I and I am wondering if there's something I am not doing right. If its something you could put me through on?

There is nothing to put through bro, It's just hard work. Just keep doing what you know how to do best and improve, nothing more..
Just believe in God and alway believe in ursef bcus everything is possible with God by urside.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trained Security/guard Dog For Sale / Long Coat Gsd 35k. Any Sex Good Quality. / Hairy Virgin Female Terrier Up For Sale 25k. sold. Sold.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.