Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently (34444 Views)

Obi’s Endorsement: You Can’t Speak For Us, Yoruba, Afenifere Tells Akeredolu / Zahra Buhari Shades Dino Melaye Over Festus Keyamo Argument On Channels TV / Zahra Buhari Indimi’s Post-Baby Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by DennisEche(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
bamoproperty:
A daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Zahra, on Friday, stunned guests at a BBC Hausa event when she revealed that she is unable to speak fluently in Hausa, her father’s language.

The event was to unveil winners of a literary contest organised by the broadcast station.
Mr Buhari is a Hausa man from Daura, an important Hausa city in Katsina. Zahra’s mother, Aisha, is, however, a Fulani from Adamawa.

“I’ll make you laugh,” Zahra, who is married to businessman Ahmed Indimi said, when asked to make a comment at the ceremony officiated in Hausa.

She said she and her siblings rarely communicate in the language.

”Every day my father would correct my Hausa when I converse with him” she said in Hausa amidst laughter.

She said they usually communicate in “Engausa” a colloquial term for mixing of English and Hausa in a conversation.

She attributed her inability to speak good Hausa to attending schools with “children of white people.”

The president’s daughter later told interviewers off stage that they mostly speak in her mother’s native Fulfude language at home.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/359553-i-cant-speak-hausa-fluently-zahra-buhari.html
Lies, pmb is Fulani not Hausa. Stop insulting his person by saying he is Hausa. An average Fulani's sees Hausa's as lesser being
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by MetaPhysical: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
MoIbrahim:
Not surprising. Only very few Hausa kids speak excellent hausa, except in Kano

Every language written in latin script take after a model used as the standard bearer for indeigenity. Hausa has many dialects. The Kano dialect is the standard bearer. Hausas in Sokoto are very fluent in their dialect. Hausas in Kebbi are fluent. Same with Hausas in Katagum. The Hausa used officialy in politics, commerce and public administration is Kano dialect...

3 Likes

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by MetaPhysical: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
DennisEche:

Lies, pmb is Fulani not Hausa. Stop insulting his person by saying he is Hausa. An average Fulani's sees Hausa's as lesser being

Correct!
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by TruthProphet: 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
eagleeye2:
I can speak Igbo fluently. Abeg dem dey give award?

Abeg epp me ask dem ooo!
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by penplus: 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
Why she pose for d picture like say na she be the first lady of this country?

Bubu and these him people sef!
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by somehow: 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2019
When did Buhari or Zahra become hausa?
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by mrde(m): 1:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
TheEffective:
shocked

Hausa is not worth learning in the 21st century. It has no benefits abroadi.
I disagree sir, we use to laugh at people studying Hausa at the University until we got out an those same guys now are working at BBC, VOA and other international organizations. Hate the language, but you can't take away the fact that it's regarded as an international language

5 Likes

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by TruthProphet: 1:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nothing to worry about. No award would be given you for speaking Hausa.

No Nigerian language is worth killing one’s self over, they have no international worth. Better to learn a language that is marketable e.g French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, you must know one of these along with the English you know in order to get an international job maybe in the U.N or something like that. Where you wan carry Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba go...?
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by FarahAideed: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
voltron14:

Even an slowpoke knows that your pension is your entitlement.

Do you know what pension is ?
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by morikee: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
TruthProphet:
Nothing to worry about. No award would be given you for speaking Hausa.

No Nigerian language is worth killing one’s self over, they have no international worth. Better to learn a language that is marketable e.g French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, you must know one of these along with the English you know in order to get an international job maybe in the U.N or something like that. Where you wan carry Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba go...?

Very wrong assertion.

2 Likes

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Nowenuse: 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
Is Buhari hausa or Fulani?
somehow:
When did Buhari or Zahra become hausa?
MetaPhysical:

Correct!
DennisEche:

grandstar:
Her paternal grandfather is Fulani so Fulfide is her language and not Hausa. OP must correct himself
Yusman316:

That's what I don't understand. Hausa and Fulani are two distinct languages, nothing connects them at all other than region.

Buhari is a Hausanized Fulani. Most fulanis of the Northwest have lost their language and culture to the Hausas.
Just like some Ilorin people who claim to be Fulanis, but their language & culture is Yoruba.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by morikee: 1:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

Buhari is a Hausanized Fulani. Most fulanis of the Northwest have lost their language and culture to the Hausas.
Just like some Ilorin people who claim to be Fulanis, but their language & culture is Yoruba.

100% right.

5 Likes

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by voltron14: 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
FarahAideed:

Do you know what pension is ?

Do you always ask stupid questions.

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by grandstar(m): 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nowenuse:

You are 100% right as well. Many Fulani from West Africa complain bitterly about Nigerian Fulani's who can't speak Fulfude. And again, though Buhari's dad was Fulani, he was raised up by his Hausa mum

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by jc4real(m): 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You have a point. However, intermarriage and geographical consanguinity do not fuse two distinct ethnic groups. All that aside, they are vastly different. Even physically, it is very easy to tell an Hausa man from a Fulbe.

The 'Hausa-Fulani' contraption is political. The relationship between them is, in truth, akin to that of aristocrats and plebs.

You are learned.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by abdulkayus(m): 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
TheEffective:
shocked

Hausa is not worth learning in the 21st century. It has no benefits abroad.

Hausa is one of the most spoken language in Africa, if u don't know. It is more relevant than many languages in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by abeggnow: 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
FarahAideed:
She cannot also speak or write in English language well despite spending years in UK getting educated with taxpayers monies .The apple never falls far for it's tree
DO I SENSE JEALOUSY?? OR PERHAPS ENVY
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by thomjoe(m): 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
Na normal level na. Forget tribalism, most children wen grow for western world nor de fit speak their tribal language.
Lesson: always take ur kids home for holiday.... Its key!

A daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Zahra, on Friday, stunned guests at a BBC Hausa event when she revealed that she is unable to speak fluently in Hausa, her father’s language.

The event was to unveil winners of a literary contest organised by the broadcast station.
Mr Buhari is a Hausa man from Daura, an important Hausa city in Katsina. Zahra’s mother, Aisha, is, however, a Fulani from Adamawa.

“I’ll make you laugh,” Zahra, who is married to businessman Ahmed Indimi said, when asked to make a comment at the ceremony officiated in Hausa.

”Every day my father would correct my Hausa when I converse with him” she said in Hausa amidst laughter.

She said they usually communicate in “Engausa” a colloquial term for mixing of English and Hausa in a conversation.

She attributed her inability to speak good Hausa to attending schools with “children of white people.”

The president’s daughter later told interviewers off stage that they mostly speak in her mother’s native Fulfude language at home.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/359553-i-cant-speak-hausa-fluently-zahra-buhari.html[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by gazza07(m): 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
And we are meant to believe that Buhari is poor and can't pay for APC presidential form. That he had only cows as his source of income, yet his daughter attended oyibo school(s) so long that she can't speak their local dialect. Tinubu wehdoh
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by FarahAideed: 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
voltron14:

Do you always ask stupid questions.

You clearly don't know what pension is !!! And I wasn't referring to his military pension but that Illegal ex head of state pension of 29 million being paid to Buhari for illegitimately removing a democratic govt ..That payment is nothing but robbery from the tax payers purse ..why reward a criminal for plotting a coup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by stevebond007(m): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hausa
Yoruba
Igbo.

I sincerely hope we don't lose our language. If an adult can't speak fluently, what will the kids coming;speak?
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by voltron14: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
FarahAideed:

You clearly don't know what pension is !!! And I wasn't referring to his military pension but that Illegal ex head of state pension of 29 million being paid to Buhari for illegitimately removing a democratic govt ..That payment is nothing but robbery from the tax payers purse ..why reward a criminal for plotting a coup

It is enshrined in our constitution.

If you don't like it, you can ask for an amendment.

Clearly you don't know what the constitution is anyway.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
So why is she not wearing Niqab? Or covering her face with a rag like ninjas?? She is supposed to be a muslim?
I ve always said that it is only Illiterate or ugly muslims who covers their faces.

Nice looking Girl, I should be asking Buhari if i could marry this her daughter. grin

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by FarahAideed: 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
voltron14:

There is no where in our constitution that says coup plotters should be paid 29 million a month ...I dare you to show me
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by voltron14: 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
FarahAideed:

There is no where in our constitution that says coup plotters should be paid 29 million a month ...I dare you to show me

Stop pulling figures from your ass.

Prove it is 29 million Naira a month or you continue with your label of Nairaland liar in chief.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Yusman316(m): 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
voltron14:

The guy knows what the constitution says about the matter. His problem is pure hatred for Buhari. Just leave him alone or else he will drag this matter with u till eternity. As if Buhari made the ex heads of states pension law. Or Buhari is the only one receiving it. There was where I even heard Buhari only receives his military pension, and rejected the ex head of state pension thing. How true though, I don't know
A thread about Zahra not speaking Hausa fluently, he wants to change it into Buhari and pension and constitution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by kidneystones(m): 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
Speak Yoruba na
..... Wait ooo.. I like ha

1 Like

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by seanjy4konji: 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
If ita harder harder ...baby deeper only you can speak to me.

It's allowed.
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Bekool(m): 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
bamoproperty:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/359553-i-cant-speak-hausa-fluently-zahra-buhari.html

I thought that buhari is fulani how come this report is now claiming he is hausa?
Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by Takara: 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nowenuse:
m

Correct

Re: Zahra Buhari: I Can’t Speak Hausa Fluently by htweet(m): 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2019
The real Zahra, the daughter of Buhari who can speak both Hausa and Fufulde fluently is dead! The one being paraded is a body double from...
*which country will fit this narrative sef*
...OK, she's a body double from Chad!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Assault On Ekweremadu. Warns Southern Politicians / Obi To Buhari: Take Pictures With Impactful Nigerians, Not Worthless Politicians / Lagos Blue Rail Line Nears Completion, Engineers Launch Final Track Beam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.