Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,443 members, 7,781,290 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:51 AM

Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder (35115 Views)

Woman Obsessed With Murder TV Shows And Books, Killed Victim 'Out Of Curiosity' / Drama In Sierra Leone As Corpse Walks To The House Of Ritualist That Killed Her / The 230Mph Hellfire Missile That Killed Soleimani (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by ogbiwa: 8:33am On Oct 27, 2019
lorry driver has been charged with killing 39 migrants who were found dead in a trailer in Essex.

Mo Robinson has also been charged with conspiracy to traffic people, according to Essex Police.

He will appear at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court on Monday.

The 25-year-old was arrested shortly after the bodies were discovered early on Wednesday morning in a refrigeration container on an industrial estate in the Essex town of Grays.

The container had been shipped over to the UK from Belgium late on Tuesday.

Four other people have been arrested as part of what is one of the biggest investigations of its kind in UK history.

Belgium, police are hunting the driver who delivered the trailer to Zeebrugge, the port it left before arriving in the UK.

Essex Police, who initially believed the victims were Chinese nationals, are continuing to identify the victims, at least six of whom are thought to be Vietnamese.

Detective Chief Inspector Martin Pasmore, from Essex Police, said officers found "very, very few" papers among the victims - who were all now at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.

Investigating officers will be examining post-mortem evidence and seeing whether distinguishing features such as teeth, tattoos, marks or scars could help with the identification process.

While emphasising that he could not confirm the nationality of any victim, Mr Pasmore said information had been flowing into the casualty bureau at Essex Police from the Vietnamese community in the UK and abroad.

He explained that while fingerprint data could be gathered from Vietnam, accessing information from the UK Vietnamese community was a more "complex scenario".

Mr Pasmore said: "It may well be that there are people watching this tonight that are thinking 'I'm here in the UK and I'm here illegally and I want to come forward, I want to obviously try and identify my loved ones and be reunited', but they are frightened to come forward."

He added: "If you come in to us we will do everything we can to put our arm around you, take you through this process, identify as quickly as possible to see whether or not we do indeed have one of your loved ones involved in this tragic incident."

In a statement Essex Police said: "We have over 500 exhibits, including mobile phones which have to be downloaded and the interrogation of mobile phones will be important for identifying the victims but also assisting the wider investigation - this needs to be done in forensic way so it will pass the evidential process for court later."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-essex-lorry-deaths-driver-20730946

1 Like

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by logon599: 8:34am On Oct 27, 2019
Honestly initially I argued that this driver could be an innocent driver who thought he was driving a truck carrying biscuits but then I thought of it- before those people died there's no way they won't have been screaming and banging on the truck. No matter how thick the truck was, there's no way the driver won't have heard a faint scream or a faint bang. So that alone makes me believe he was part of the whole scheme.
What a tragic and horrifying way to go.

Besides I've been thinking how did they convince 39 adults to enter a refrigerated truck and remain there for hours and that nothing will go wrong?? Were they hypnotized? Guess we'll never know

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 27, 2019
Why charge him to court?
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Mutemenot(m): 8:53am On Oct 27, 2019
Africans dying the in sea while Asians are bn refrigerated, all in attempt to get a better life . Imagine the same Vietnam and China some Nigerians fight to get to.. inside life angry

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Burger01(m): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
Tragic and painful deaths... O ma se o sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Ipromote: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
Murders

I will teach you how to run social media Promotions for your business. See my siggy for my WhatsApp
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by realestniggah: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
One girl was arguing with me here that the driver was innocent..that he wasn't aware.. now see...this is not the first time they would be doing this.. Driver was looking to make a quick buck.. I will like to see how the UK justice system handle this.. So far they are doing a wonderful job.
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Ashawoboi27(m): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
Lord Help Us
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2019
One of the saddest foreign news in 2019
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by ZombieTERROR: 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
They should ban a certain president from going to London..

His bad luck is something else

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
The last driver could be innocent, the container went different stages before arriving at final destination. Could av froze out before getting to his turn to attach the cold container to his truck.

12 Likes

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
very wicked people. That guy has a family to take care of. No understanding whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
39 count's of man slaughter...

Meanwhile they can donate their organs to a hospital back home in Vietnam

1 Like

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Conceptman: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
This is a serious case , well UK are more advanced than Nigeria who will never make thorough investigation before concluding. We expect a very detailed information soon on this case. Contact concept aluminium services for your casement/sliding windows (with burglary) etc 09034377258 WhatsApp . Email :conceptaluminiumservice@yahoo.com
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by abbaapple: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
angry

Some people can risk there life to jet out from 9ja through this way that this guys died! Smh! The word is not safe!!!
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
cry what a life. I love me country and will make it here in Nigeria even in the midst of hardship. Me enter refrigerator truck for what na. Rip to the dead.

15 Likes

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by oshe11: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
logon599:
Honestly initially I argued that this driver could be an innocent driver who thought he was driving a truck carrying biscuits but then I thought of it- before those people died there's no way they won't have been screaming and banging on the truck. No matter how thick the truck was, there's no way the driver won't have heard a faint scream or a faint bang. So that alone makes me believe he was part of the whole scheme.

Besides I've been thinking how did they convince 39 adults to enter a refrigerated truck and remain there for hours and that nothing will go wrong?? Were they hypnotized? Guess we'll never know

My Own question is, why did they switch ON the Refrigerator?

21 Likes

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by chukwuibuipob: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
sad d driver probably switch ON the ice cold to frozen dem like chicken. May we not die misfortune
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by globalresource: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
Chai
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by temmypotter(m): 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
Why should this man be charged so unfairly, he should go to prison but definitely not for homicide.

The "victims" were fully aware of what they were getting into I believe.

It's the same way Africans decide to migrate to Europe via shady routes, some survive, some don't. At the end of the day, while the driver committed a crime, this charge makes him seem like he hypnotized the victims which I really doubt

Rip to the dead

2 Likes

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by davillian(m): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
Shaperly no time
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Lugianostar(m): 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
Devil advocates on loose chains
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by realestniggah: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
SmilingScorpion:
cry what a life. I love me country and will make it here in Nigeria even in the midst of hardship. Me enter refrigerator truck for what na. Rip to the dead.
Edo people that go to Libya through desert will be glad to enter that same truck.. In fact you will be surprised at the amount of Nigerians that will jump inside that any truck that has abroad destinations..

5 Likes

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Freemanbobble: 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Okay
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by henryobinna(m): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
25 years old... Jeez.

Why is he being charged with murder? When investigation isn't done yet

1 Like

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Wizikal(m): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
As we pity or cry over the dead many are still on the move to also use this illegal medium to be to their destination... only if they will learn
Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
This fine guy. Love his eyes... Chai! Justice must be served anyways.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by RTSC: 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
Forget.
Western world na heaven on earth.

Even the Chinese know their country don't measure up yet, hence the immigration.

1 Like

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by sweetgala(m): 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
oshe11:

My Own question is, why did they switch ON the Refrigerator?

Because they were paid to transport items which need to be kept at a certain temperature. Delivering the items in any other state may damage the items and voids the terms of transport.

Also the cold temperatures makes it impossible for thermal imaging devices to pick up heat signatures from the people inside

24 Likes

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by Offpoint: 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2019
It's an advanced world, nobody will go to jail innocently... investigations is on going.

1 Like

Re: Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder by sapoyoro(m): 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2019
logon599:

the people might have died long before the driver picked up the truck.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guinean Military Junta Dissolves Government, Seals Country’s Borders / Nigerian, Julia Oparah Appointed Provost Of University Of San Francisco / Trump Cancels Automatic Citizenship For Children Of US Citizens Born Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.