Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader (15555 Views)

Motivation: Skyewise Group Rewards Outstanding Performance With Promotions / 7 Things You Must Know As A New Graduate / 3 Important Things You Must Know Before Working For Any Nigerian Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by 365trendies: 9:09am On Oct 27, 2019
Things you must know to be an outstanding leader

What’s comes to your mind when you hear the word leader?, is it the honour given to leaders or the various advantage open to leaders.Leadership is not just a position there are certain things and beautiful qualities a leader must know and posses to be an outstanding leader. These qualities are backbones that makes the work easier. Once a leader is familiar which qualities he needs to posses and those he needs to run away from, there’s no doubt in it that he’ll find more pleasure in his work as being the leader and the task attached to the position will be very easy to carry out. Firstly you need to know that leaders manage people and for a person to manage a large number of people, he must be capable of managing himself or herself at first.
Some born leaders have the traits of leadership but all those traits needs to be developed because to stay on top is not accomplished by physical strength but good qualities. Therefore, ,natural leadership needs to be developed.

Leadership is the ability to obtain followers . He that leads and has no one following him is just taking a walk, the main word that brings about leadership is the follower.So because leadership entails followers who will go after the step of the front man, some qualities need to be learnt. A leader needs to posses good qualities because he has so many people looking up to him and following his steps. These qualities are explain in the paragraphs below.

Firstly,a leader must have the ability to influence. Influence is the first quality a leader should posses, and in doing these, some questions need to be answered. Questions like What influence can I make? Who are those I want to influence?. As a leader you need foresight on the set of people you want to influence because a master of all happens to be master of none. You need to decide on the impact you want to have in people, what awareness are you trying to create, what do you want to be known for? Sociologist tell us that even the most introverted individual will influence ten thousand other people during his or her life time! That clears the fact that each and everyone has the ability to influence others . Realising your potentials as a leader is your responsibility and this should be the first thing to take note of as a leader.
Secondly, a leader a leader must be creative. It’s not how hard you work but how smart you work and how involved are you in the work. A leader must be able to develop new ideas that will be pictured and created.
Thirdly a leader must be flexible. Flexible in the sense that he or she will be bent to accept new ideas, new innovations and adopt new method. When a method is not working out well, a leader should be able to adopt another method. The flexibility of a leader goes a long way to taking to corrections. A leader must not always see himself or herself as right all times, he or she must be flexible enough to take to corrections.
Furthermore more, a leader must be Disciplined, discipleship in all areas, in area of time management, diligent at work, being punctual because, discipline is the soul of businesses.A disciplined leader will achieve in a year what an undisciplined fellow will gather in years. The lead learn from the discipline of their leader, so a leader needs to be disciplined in all areas even from the words that comes out from his or her mouth. A leader shouldn’t be found eating or Gisting at place of duty.

ALSO READ>> The Effect of Industry on the society

A leader must also have good communication skills. He or she must be able to carry people along in duty post. A leader must make sure all information are supplied to everyone involved in business. There must be no barriers in his communication. The information of a leader must be precise and concise.
Lastly, a leader must always delegate duties to the lead. When the work is so heavy on the leader, he or she will lose strength and there will be so many things left undone. Therefore, a leader must learn how to delegate duties to others.

As there are qualities a leader must posses to be an accountable one, there are also so qualities a leader ought not to have.leaders need to be aware of these things so as to take cognisance of them. These qualities are explained below.

ALSO READ>> Fast Way To Build Up Your Health

Firstly, a leader must not compare himself to others. This can be as a result of low esteem or pride on the other hand.As a leader, you are meant to stand out and influence your world in a unique way.
Secondly, A leader must not be without vision. Reason for being a leader is to influence people, so what does a person without vision has in mind to give to others, obviously nothing. Before a person can be called a leader, he or she must have set goals and not just be void of knowledge.
Thirdly, a leader must not copy others. As an outstanding leader that expectional trait Must be in you and you must always look forward to the progress of your business and others.

In conclusion, a leader must posses good attitude because they help leaders to reach their full potential. A leader must always have positive mind about things and work towards progress. Take note, a leader’s attitude is caught by his or her followers more quickly than his actions

https://www.365trendies.com.ng/motivational/things-you-must-know-to-be-an-outstanding-leader/

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Dave0116(m): 5:20am On Oct 28, 2019
Nice piece op... FTC grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by mixta140: 5:20am On Oct 28, 2019
Okay copied

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Jobio1(f): 5:21am On Oct 28, 2019
That means we have no leaders in Nigeria.#sole decision markers.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by AntiWailer: 5:22am On Oct 28, 2019
Alright
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by princejayy(m): 5:23am On Oct 28, 2019
Really?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by iamsonofthunder: 5:23am On Oct 28, 2019
sincerity + Sincerity ( Sincerity x Sincerity ) = Sincerity cool cool cool cool cool cool cool smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by ABCthings: 5:24am On Oct 28, 2019
You can be Outstanding and not still be good. right?

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by lexzyy(m): 5:24am On Oct 28, 2019
It's alright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by englishmart(m): 5:26am On Oct 28, 2019
Well, an 11 year old boy with a gun can influence people to repose on the floor. This isn't the kind of influence a leader needs.

5 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by ABCthings: 5:27am On Oct 28, 2019
lexzyy:
It's alright.
what is alright?
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by ABCthings: 5:28am On Oct 28, 2019
englishmart:
Well, an 11 year old boy with a gun can influence people to repose on the floor. This isn't the kind of influence a leader needs.
yes, we should be talking about good leadership. Not just outstanding.
Even buhari is a outstanding leader
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Gudguyz(m): 5:29am On Oct 28, 2019
Well Nice tongue tongue

For your power Solution: Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.For details pls check my signature.Thanks
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by englishmart(m): 5:30am On Oct 28, 2019
ABCthings:
we should be talking about good leadership.Not just outstanding.
Adolf Hitler was an outstanding leader, he was outstandingly evil.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Elijahrona(m): 5:48am On Oct 28, 2019
Thanks for much for the article OP. I needed it
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by helinues: 6:00am On Oct 28, 2019
Leadership position: Be careful of what you wish for Ni ooo
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Powersurge: 6:10am On Oct 28, 2019
I am just laughing at the post. Not because it doesn't make sense. But because in Nigeria,all you need is to be a thief or a thug.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Six11(m): 6:17am On Oct 28, 2019
A good leader should be a reader He should be humble and courageous.

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by RenHub: 6:18am On Oct 28, 2019
Nice
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 28, 2019
For a better leader, elect the man with the will and courage inclusive to govern, not just knowledge to govern.
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Offpoint: 6:23am On Oct 28, 2019
Nothing, absolutely nothing. I never liked school the first day I stepped foot into it and the last day I stepped out of it.

I was a sadist, had bad days at school EVERYDAY.

I sometimes wished my teachers, headmaster, principals, VPs, current governor or president could drop dead so there could be holidays... my wishes never did came through.

Modified
I thought I was commenting on the thread below this one... I guess I'm still a sadist.
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Auxtin85(m): 6:24am On Oct 28, 2019
Travel out of your country at least 3 times a month
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by oluwasegun007(m): 6:39am On Oct 28, 2019
Some of us would appreciate highlighted keypoint.. Its Monday morning, no time
Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 28, 2019
Topics like these are always viewed by less Nairalanders and with few contributions/comments. Yet same myopic and mentally poor fellows will keep saying trash about their leaders and their country on other topics of no relevance to their growths.

Educative posts on socialmedia attract less to majority of Nigerian youths. Hence our society is getting bad day in day out.

To add a few.... outstanding leaders are good listeners and they study wide too.....

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know To Be An Outstanding Leader by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 28, 2019
nwamabo247:
Fear of God no 1 #please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. ac 20-87-97-99-85 nwankwo joseph uchenna zenith more details.see my signature below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmvvbL5hNzo

I saw this video in another thread and felt for the person in the video. But because of the society we live in and how some lazyyoots have turned things into, i had a feeling that you are most likely not the person in the video. If you're, try convince people like us then.......

A quick one. Just upload a current picture of yourself now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Major In Petroleum Engineering Or Chemical Engineering? / Continue With Job Or Complete Msc Program / Career Choice After A Bsc In Biochemistry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.