Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? (26279 Views)

My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / My Landlord Served Me A Quit Notice And I Want To Know What What My Rights Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Worthydefender: 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
I was born and grew up in Lagos State and I moved from my parent house to stay on my own then I married with a kid now.
I moved into new apartment in the year 2018 and to my surprise this morning, 27th of October 2019, the landlady knocked my door and what I saw when I opened the door was white envelop, she handed it to me and left. I opened it and read through, my eyes opened widely as I saw Notice To Quit. I have done nothing and no reason is stated in the letter.
I became weak and didnt even know what to do for a while then i think i should share my shocking experience with my amiable family on nairaland.
When I packed in, I noticed many unreasonable things like ; 1000 naira for pumping of water every month and this doesn't include PHCN bill cos we use prepaid.
The box that contained the pumping machine switch would be locked and we still pay every month. I protested against that peacefully till I was given a key to have access to pump the water.
I later heard from different people who have left the house that that is how they do till they will frustrate the tenant out of the house.
I dont really know what to do, I need your reasonable advice please.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by TheMainMan: 12:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
bros just leave jejely... GOD will build your own house for you

173 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by tolugar: 12:29pm On Oct 27, 2019
My dear, just leave.

You will not prosper if you stay in an abusive compound.

Nothing like a peaceful home and a sweet rest

175 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by greatmarshall(m): 12:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
Find your way na

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Jasen1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
I hope she gave you up to 6 months to leave
Then try move out within 3 months bro, there's nothing to do than to leave simple

God help you sir

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Worthydefender: 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
I deeply appreciate all the contributions. I will sort myself out and get another apartment befor the 6 mnth notice elapse.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Scandinavian02: 5:09am On Oct 28, 2019
Are you owing rent?
Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by realestniggah: 5:10am On Oct 28, 2019
Uncle just pack and go.. It Not worth the stress.. Staying in a house where you are not wanted can be a nightmare. It Not worth it at all. I have been there I know how it feels.. Once a landlord doesn't like you.. It time to leave.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by ABCthings: 5:11am On Oct 28, 2019
Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by younghartz(m): 5:13am On Oct 28, 2019
Don't run o
Fly out of the compound

9 Likes

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Mpcoll001: 5:15am On Oct 28, 2019
Just look for another better apartment for the sake of your family . A friend also had similar experience. I advised him to leave and he left. Fortunately for him, he met a good new landlord who even decided not to collect agreement and commission from him. Just house rent alone

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by eki2000(m): 5:16am On Oct 28, 2019
Since it is a Lady that own the house, she might be jealous of your wife, probably the way you take care of her. Fear women!

78 Likes

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by CyberEBOLA(m): 5:17am On Oct 28, 2019
You were kicked out for objecting her actions in her own house (e.g the 1k pumping of water).
ADVICE: MOVE OUT

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Tboysalau(m): 5:19am On Oct 28, 2019
japaaaaa

2 Likes

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by AnyibestDede(m): 5:19am On Oct 28, 2019
Since she didn't state any reason, don't go back asking her anything. Pretend as if nothing happened but put yourself together and leave. who knows tomorrow?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Omihanifa: 5:24am On Oct 28, 2019
Just leave cuz it's obvious the woman is ready for a showdown with you if you are adamant undecided
She go use the plan B which is (spiritual) to deal with you.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by dimexy247(m): 5:24am On Oct 28, 2019
Try to move out within that space of 6-month bro. Women can be so callous when in power especially landladies. This is merely physical now, don't wait till it gets spiritual.

21 Likes

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Kendumazy(m): 5:25am On Oct 28, 2019
God is gradually answering your prayers you dey vex. Such kind of landlady can be diabolic. God is working on a better 2020 for you already. Some disappointments are blessings in disguise.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by asatemple(f): 5:29am On Oct 28, 2019
it's better you go and meet her and hear what she has to say, then you will know your next line of action

3 Likes

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by hacmond(m): 5:29am On Oct 28, 2019
Na so dos landlady de do. Bros just leave d house Biko!

3 Likes

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by ranmoor: 5:32am On Oct 28, 2019
My former landlord claimed to love me very much yet increased rent by 50% within 2 yrs. I didn't even argue, I just find a better apartment and moved out. Thank God I did, now Im building my own property small small

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by millhouse: 5:32am On Oct 28, 2019
Do the needful and move , there is money to be made & you have a family to provide for , don’t go trying get involved in unnecessary squabbles Unless you plan to stay there forever .

4 Likes

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Gudguyz(m): 5:32am On Oct 28, 2019
Ogin ni?

For your power Solution: Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.For details pls check my signature.Thanks
Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by daddytime(m): 5:35am On Oct 28, 2019
TheMainMan:

How??
God na bricklayer?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Hoephase: 5:36am On Oct 28, 2019
It is quite interesting to see that everyone that gave their opinion so far suggested you leave. Most even attributed it to God either directing the op or that God will handle it.

I think we have become a nation of sheep, our leaders have succeeded in breaking our spirits to the extent we can't even ask for clarification on why our rights are being trampled upon. Or demand to know why we were been kicked out of place where we live legally and has been paying for.

Just imagine we couldn't even dare ask a landlord or landlady to explain the reason for their actions. And with this state of mind how are we ever going to stand up to our oppressors?

For those who care to reason asking why you are being thrown out is not something that must be done out of spite or out of anger. You can still do it in a calm and mature way and get answers.

When you start asking questions as regards your rights you start getting answers as you start getting answers you become well informed. Information is one of the essential tools of breaking out from oppression.

For instance, I have seen on this forum how some people asked questions and was able to get the "almighty" NPHC people to sit up and do their job.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:37am On Oct 28, 2019
When is your rent expiring? Or have your rent expired already?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Johnbosco77(m): 5:39am On Oct 28, 2019
Just move on. But hope your rent still has six months left Abi...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by olayemioshiyemi: 5:40am On Oct 28, 2019
Na so so just move out i dey see....op the Lord is your strenght o just move out as people before me have rightly said... but the stress of getting house in Lagos and the money involve is worrisome.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by banio: 5:42am On Oct 28, 2019
The #1000 is called service charge. In some Estates they pay nothing less than a #100K per month for security, light, water, etc.

If Estates charge, why won't your landlady charge for service and make little profit. She sees U as a threat that is threatening her service charge.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by daddytime(m): 5:42am On Oct 28, 2019
TheMainMan:

How??
God na bricklayer? Funny stuff...

Una don see God finish oh...even churches these days no dey wait for God to come build house for dem.

Op, it is obvious there is no love lost between you two because going by your narrative here, she knocked, handed you an envelope and left. You never mentioned you wishing her a good morning and vice versa.

Just jejely find new house with your next rent money abi you been no want pay next rent?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? by Geonigga(m): 5:46am On Oct 28, 2019
I will advise you leave, just start scouting for a new place within the notice interval.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat / Building Made Easy! / Ebute-Meta Building Tenants Given Quit Notice Before Collapse - Caretaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.