Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,139 members, 7,807,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

This Is Why Terrorism, Kidnapping Is Rampant In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why Terrorism, Kidnapping Is Rampant In Nigeria (480 Views)

Terrorism/kidnapping: Influential Northern Senator Under Watch / Why Terrorism Grows In The North And SE. / Deji Adeyanju Accuses Buhari Of Encouraging Terrorism, Kidnapping In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Terrorism, Kidnapping Is Rampant In Nigeria by Rating(m): 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
I recently stumbled upon this information by the Nigerian Immigration service - https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-fees/ and I saw that Nigeria does not charge a fee for her visa.

For crying out loud, Nigeria is the most populous black nation on earth with more than 190 million people and counting. More and more people want to visit Nigeria to do business or even see some of our "tourist" centres. Why can't we make money from this opportunity?

Look at CAR and Congo, they charge as much as $67 and $111 respectively for their single entry visas.

Now, instead of Nigerian leaders to think of increasing revenue through this means, they prefer to continue to put the burden on hard-working Nigerians via tax increment.

I'll guess that more people naturally want to visit Nigeria than those countries.

And yet we pride ourselves as the giant of Africa. And our visa is $0. What a pity!

There is a chance I might be wrong with my information. Please share (with proof) if you have more.
Re: This Is Why Terrorism, Kidnapping Is Rampant In Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
On the global index for terrorism map we are hot!

Who wants to buy visa to a hot zone? It should be free...with incentive package to reward applicants.
Re: This Is Why Terrorism, Kidnapping Is Rampant In Nigeria by Rating(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
MetaPhysical:
On the global index for terrorism map we are hot!

Who wants to buy visa to a hot zone? It should be free...with incentive package to reward applicants.

Nah! What about Iraq, CAR, Congo? Those ones do not have terrorism abi?
Re: This Is Why Terrorism, Kidnapping Is Rampant In Nigeria by sweetonugbu: 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
Nothing to add to what you said,you're right

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Terrorism, Kidnapping Is Rampant In Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
I agree with you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Affirms The Election Of Orji Uzor Kalu / . / Border Closure: Ghanaian Traders Close Down A More Nigerian-owned Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.